Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough 19:01 - Apr 17 with 2725 viewsBoston

What a waste of a sending off, even a linesman trained with a braille handbook would get that offside!

Two again, think the Sky one disappears in a couple of hours...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 19:09 - Apr 17 with 2658 viewsnix

The guy nearest the camera was offside but I think the one who Dieng fouled was being played onside by Barbet. He timed his run really well.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 19:12 - Apr 17 with 2635 viewsRangersw12

Those saves by Lumley are top class

Dickie goal looks even better and contender for GOTS
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 19:25]
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 19:17 - Apr 17 with 2621 viewsBoston

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 19:09 - Apr 17 by nix

The guy nearest the camera was offside but I think the one who Dieng fouled was being played onside by Barbet. He timed his run really well.

You're probably right, but I like being an aggrieved party.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 19:42 - Apr 17 with 2542 viewscyprusmel

I see them Boston,
Nice to know Joe's reflexes are in good working order, saved us there.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 19:50 - Apr 17 with 2489 viewsMickS

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 19:42 - Apr 17 by cyprusmel

I see them Boston,
Nice to know Joe's reflexes are in good working order, saved us there.

My son said the same - those 12:30’s are a bugger. Missed it.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 20:09 - Apr 17 with 2411 viewsSott

Granted he took the bloke out but senys pace coming out was electric.
Lumley brought that result home.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 20:14 - Apr 17 with 2388 viewsbosh67

That second Lumley save is particularly good. No time to readjust.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 23:40 - Apr 17 with 2175 viewsB_Wad

Missed the live stream while traveling in Alaska. Wow, Dickie and Lumley! Thanks for posting.
Login to get fewer ads

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 00:04 - Apr 18 with 2136 viewsLoftgirl

Brilliant, thanks. Nice thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 00:09 - Apr 18 with 2129 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 23:40 - Apr 17 by B_Wad

Missed the live stream while traveling in Alaska. Wow, Dickie and Lumley! Thanks for posting.

Wait !!! you are Alaska the Alaska with polar bears and ice and seals and stuff .Amazing who cares about the game haha just joking.
Thanks again Boston I missed it all and when I clicked on the match thread found the good news.
some high quality goals but that was pretty violent from Deng 3 games for certain IMO
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 00:23 - Apr 18 with 2113 viewskensalriser

Two good assists there - second especially - and a very fine braces of saves there, among the best I've seen from a QPR keeper this season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 00:42 - Apr 18 with 2089 viewsahoz

In the A-League game last night Western Utd v Central Coast, a player was initially given a second yellow for a foul, and a red card was brandished, but that was overturned because another player, not the one fouled, was offside.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 01:41 - Apr 18 with 2038 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Boston
Good to bounce back again
Cracking goal from Dickie
Two assists for Dykes
Wallace nice goal
Two excellent saves from Lumley
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 05:06 - Apr 18 with 1973 viewsB_Wad

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 00:09 - Apr 18 by CLAREMAN1995

Wait !!! you are Alaska the Alaska with polar bears and ice and seals and stuff .Amazing who cares about the game haha just joking.
Thanks again Boston I missed it all and when I clicked on the match thread found the good news.
some high quality goals but that was pretty violent from Deng 3 games for certain IMO

Haha..yep, that Alaska. It's amazing,but yeah, wasn't getting up at 3:30 am.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 08:31 - Apr 18 with 1857 viewsnix

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 00:42 - Apr 18 by ahoz

In the A-League game last night Western Utd v Central Coast, a player was initially given a second yellow for a foul, and a red card was brandished, but that was overturned because another player, not the one fouled, was offside.

I think we'd need an explanation from Pinner for that? Presumably in that case the offside player was interfering with play but not in our case? Although in some ways I think how can you not be interfering with play if you've got a five yard's head start over the player marking you. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 10:10 - Apr 18 with 1750 viewsahoz

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 08:31 - Apr 18 by nix

I think we'd need an explanation from Pinner for that? Presumably in that case the offside player was interfering with play but not in our case? Although in some ways I think how can you not be interfering with play if you've got a five yard's head start over the player marking you. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Hi Nix
I think you are correct that that is the distinction between the two. I also agree with your last comment.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 10:50 - Apr 18 with 1705 viewsfrancisbowles

Agree with all of that Nix. I come from the old school of 'if your on the pitch and not interfering with play, then why are you out there'?
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 11:49 - Apr 18 with 1629 viewsGaryT

I thought for it to be a straight red you had to foul a player that had a clear goal scoring opportunity. The guy passed the ball to another player before being fowled so why is that not a yellow card?
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 12:36 - Apr 18 with 1577 viewsDavieQPR

Either way it is now Lumley's chance to shine and earn a good transfer. We can afford to sell him and Kelly with Walsh waiting in the background.
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 16:38 - Apr 19 with 1380 viewsPinnerPaul

"its not an offence to be in an offside position"
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 16:45 - Apr 19 with 1367 viewsPinnerPaul

As per the first line of the law quoted above, you can stand around in an offside position all match if you want. You will only be penalised if you meet one of the criteria for being penalised - obvious one is touching the ball.

You are only judged offside at the moment your team touches/passes the ball.

So in this case first Boro pass, only the player Seny fouls touches the ball, rest of the team can be where they like. When 2nd Boro player (the fouled one) touches the ball, other player is now onside, so all good.

Problem as I've said before is meaning of the law, doesn't match the English language meaning, so 'gaining an advantage' is defined as playing the ball after it has rebounded from an opponent - not gaining a 10 yard head start earlier in the move!

Help? Probably not!
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 17:11 - Apr 19 with 1329 viewsW7Ranger

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 16:45 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

As per the first line of the law quoted above, you can stand around in an offside position all match if you want. You will only be penalised if you meet one of the criteria for being penalised - obvious one is touching the ball.

You are only judged offside at the moment your team touches/passes the ball.

So in this case first Boro pass, only the player Seny fouls touches the ball, rest of the team can be where they like. When 2nd Boro player (the fouled one) touches the ball, other player is now onside, so all good.

Problem as I've said before is meaning of the law, doesn't match the English language meaning, so 'gaining an advantage' is defined as playing the ball after it has rebounded from an opponent - not gaining a 10 yard head start earlier in the move!

Help? Probably not!

Should the ref have played advantage? Did he actually do us a favour by blowing up immediately and stopping play when he could've let play continue, Boro score, then send off Seny after play had stopped?
Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 18:59 - Apr 19 with 1276 viewsPinnerPaul

Expat Friendly v Middlesbrough on 17:11 - Apr 19 by W7Ranger

Should the ref have played advantage? Did he actually do us a favour by blowing up immediately and stopping play when he could've let play continue, Boro score, then send off Seny after play had stopped?

See above - only seen once so far, but I think 3rd player miscontrolled pass or had his shot blocked?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024