Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
De Wijs 20:13 - Apr 22 with 7054 viewsaston_hoop

Yes or no? Dave Mac saying we have an option to either complete the deal or send him back. Its a yes for me - good age, offers something different to our more 'cultured' options and could be invaluable next season. Been unlucky with injuries but thats got to be just that, bad luck and nothing more.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

De Wijs on 17:24 - Apr 23 with 1978 viewsAntti_Heinola

De Wijs on 14:18 - Apr 23 by simmo

I'm really torn here, as above there's a lot to like with him. He's a proper brusing CB with size and strength that is surprisingly good with his feet - exactly what we need. He plays that middle position to deal with delivery from wide and allows us to get the best out of Barbs and Dickie either side of him. He's an affordable option too, at a good age and with some experience of the leagues, the coaching and medical staff know about him via this 'trial' period too, so it's less of a punt than your average signing.

All that being said... I don't like that he hasn't been able to string 3 games together. Not playing prev at Hull could be lots of things, but since he's come here and took ages to get match fit, and since he's had to be subbed during games on 2 or 3 occasions and missed matches for various things. The latest, a broken nose, is particularly shite - u don't miss 2.5 games as a CB with a broken nose....

We've just come to the end of a 2 year Wallace contract where we offered him a deal despite him hardly playing and clearly being physically spent, and only got 6ish months of playing time out of him for it. We can't afford to use the resources we have on a player you can't rely on - especially in defence.

Overall if the medical staff - who have been brilliant this season - give it the green light then I am OK with it and hope this is just a blip for him, but it's not as cut and dry as it should be.

'u don't miss 2.5 games as a CB with a broken nose....'

u facy telling him that simmo? ;)

Bare bones.

De Wijs on 18:04 - Apr 23 with 1902 viewskarl

De Wijs on 15:52 - Apr 23 by LazyFan

I think the Scot may have been "pwroper naughtie" in the past with a baseball bat and served at her majisties pleasure.

Not sure that's the right type we want for our club no?

Yes, it did hold up his career, think he was released by Celtic because of it.
I seem to remember it was something of a revenge thing against a former boyfriend of his sister but might be totally wrong their.
Certainly been no word of regular bad boy behaviour but it was mentioned that the victim wasn't pleased that he was getting full Scotland cap when first named in the squad.
De Wijs on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 1854 viewssimmo

De Wijs on 16:10 - Apr 23 by Northernr

Christ nuance really is dead on here isn't it. It's not just the broken nose, which obviously isn't his fault, and yes of course could have all sorts of complications, and if you'd like a bullet point list of all the things it might have caused before I'm allowed to make the actual point again then fine...

If you loan a player, and he's only fit to play six times in nearly five months for you, then no matter how good he looked in those five games it is a big, big call for a club to commit what limited squad and salary space it has to that player permanently. That's just really obvious stuff surely? If we do sign him - and I'm not adverse to this per se, he's impressed me a lot more than I thought he would when he has played - then I doubt it would be a one year deal because why would he sign that? Give him two, three years, and find that he can only play five games in the first half of next season, then that's on us. That's our fault. We can't say we weren't warned.

Or, pick him up on a free, because of politics at Hull, and other people having the same doubts, and he goes on and plays 35-40 games in the manner he has for us so far, then that's exactly the sort of clever recruitment, scouting, bargain basement shopping, that we need to do and have been crying out for for a long time.

It's a very difficult decision, one which our data analysists and seemingly very excellent medical team will have far more idea on than we do, so if they go for it then trust them with that. All I'm saying is it's not as simple as "yes of course, he was brilliant at Bristol City" anymore than it's "no you idiot, two games out with a broken nose means he's a big tart".

Seems it's difficult to make a point or put an opinion on here sometimes without getting the crayons out.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

De Wijs on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 1853 viewssimmo

De Wijs on 17:24 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

'u don't miss 2.5 games as a CB with a broken nose....'

u facy telling him that simmo? ;)

I'll let Dieng do it

De Wijs on 20:00 - Apr 23 with 1757 viewsrsonist

De Wijs on 18:24 - Apr 23 by simmo

Seems it's difficult to make a point or put an opinion on here sometimes without getting the crayons out.

If you could draw me a definition of nuance that doesn't mean 'saying other diversionary things' that'd be grand. The rest is fine, the broken nose is calling his character into question.
De Wijs on 22:14 - Apr 23 with 1698 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He’s not fit. He’s not fit to play football. Unfortunately. He played in a reserve game the other day and I could have run round more than he did.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 22:20]
De Wijs on 01:09 - Apr 24 with 1667 viewsLoftgirl

De Wijs on 18:04 - Apr 23 by karl

Yes, it did hold up his career, think he was released by Celtic because of it.
I seem to remember it was something of a revenge thing against a former boyfriend of his sister but might be totally wrong their.
Certainly been no word of regular bad boy behaviour but it was mentioned that the victim wasn't pleased that he was getting full Scotland cap when first named in the squad.

I thought we were all pleased we are now recruiting the "right sort". We do not need a player that has done time for serious assault.
De Wijs on 02:32 - Apr 24 with 1653 viewssimmo

De Wijs on 20:00 - Apr 23 by rsonist

If you could draw me a definition of nuance that doesn't mean 'saying other diversionary things' that'd be grand. The rest is fine, the broken nose is calling his character into question.

You're a waste of my time and my crayons. I'm not drawing you fck all.

Login to get fewer ads

De Wijs on 05:38 - Apr 24 with 1617 viewsSimplyNico

Duncan Ferguson had a pretty good career in spite of his issue. This guy might have learned that you have to grow up.
De Wijs on 07:30 - Apr 24 with 1557 viewsDorse

De Wijs on 22:14 - Apr 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

He’s not fit. He’s not fit to play football. Unfortunately. He played in a reserve game the other day and I could have run round more than he did.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 22:20]

#announcebaz

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

De Wijs on 11:17 - Apr 24 with 1432 viewsqprphil

Why not indeed, we could certainly do a lot worse. I don't think forwards are too happy when he's coming towards them.....
De Wijs on 13:19 - Apr 24 with 1314 viewsgazza1

To clarify a few things as I see it as a supporter and not as a journalist with a good hand and a large following of sheep.......

Wijs has been here just over 3 months.....fact!!!
Wijs came here apparently injured and un-played for a fair amount of time, unfit physically.
Wijs was introduced around 6 weeks after he joined the Club after recovering from injury and getting himself fit to play.
IMHO when Wijs has played for the first team he has shown that he is a asset to the team - he has played 6 times in total when we have won 4 times, drew once and lost once, which was incidentally when he broke his nose and we looked reasonably comfortable in the first half but fell apart in the second half.
He has currently missed two games recovering from broken nose, and yes I know many think that he should have been brave enough and carried on playing with a fxcked up nose.....but he didn't presumably because the doctors did not feel it was right.

Sign him up, he is decent, all the negativity is poor. who knows how injuries will affect him next season. I am sure he will be signed providing the contract can be agreed by all parties.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 13:20]
De Wijs on 13:47 - Apr 24 with 1288 viewsrsonist

De Wijs on 13:19 - Apr 24 by gazza1

To clarify a few things as I see it as a supporter and not as a journalist with a good hand and a large following of sheep.......

Wijs has been here just over 3 months.....fact!!!
Wijs came here apparently injured and un-played for a fair amount of time, unfit physically.
Wijs was introduced around 6 weeks after he joined the Club after recovering from injury and getting himself fit to play.
IMHO when Wijs has played for the first team he has shown that he is a asset to the team - he has played 6 times in total when we have won 4 times, drew once and lost once, which was incidentally when he broke his nose and we looked reasonably comfortable in the first half but fell apart in the second half.
He has currently missed two games recovering from broken nose, and yes I know many think that he should have been brave enough and carried on playing with a fxcked up nose.....but he didn't presumably because the doctors did not feel it was right.

Sign him up, he is decent, all the negativity is poor. who knows how injuries will affect him next season. I am sure he will be signed providing the contract can be agreed by all parties.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2021 13:20]

It's not negativity for the sake of it, it's a question of how much risk we can afford to take on in our precarious position, on the basis of the evidence we speculate on.

He could turn out like Austin failing his previous medical or Clint with his storied knee like a concrete mixer and be good as gold in the end. He could suffer a completely unrelated injury and some cnt will be on here while the body's still warm pouncing on the opportunity to criticise the club for signing crocks like with Amos.

But if he misses half the next season with the same pattern of muscle strains he's had so far "who knows how injuries will affect him" isn't going to wash and you know it.

Everyone's pretty much agreed he's an asset but it's at the physio's discretion, I don't know what the sheep crap's even supposed to mean.
De Wijs on 14:53 - Apr 24 with 1217 viewsdavman

De Wijs on 13:47 - Apr 24 by rsonist

It's not negativity for the sake of it, it's a question of how much risk we can afford to take on in our precarious position, on the basis of the evidence we speculate on.

He could turn out like Austin failing his previous medical or Clint with his storied knee like a concrete mixer and be good as gold in the end. He could suffer a completely unrelated injury and some cnt will be on here while the body's still warm pouncing on the opportunity to criticise the club for signing crocks like with Amos.

But if he misses half the next season with the same pattern of muscle strains he's had so far "who knows how injuries will affect him" isn't going to wash and you know it.

Everyone's pretty much agreed he's an asset but it's at the physio's discretion, I don't know what the sheep crap's even supposed to mean.

Agree with a lot on here, but a broken nose challenging for a header is not the same as a persistent calf injury. I think that the three injuries he has had have all been different, so no sure I am ready to label him a Matthew Rose just yet.

If he continues the form he has shown since getting here and we get 35 league games out of him, I'm all for it!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

De Wijs on 15:29 - Apr 24 with 1175 viewsdenhamhoop2

Sign him up on a low flat wage higher bonus for actual games basis then a win win situation
De Wijs on 22:05 - Apr 24 with 1026 viewsSimplyNico

Tight hamstring after this one according to WLS
De Wijs on 06:46 - Apr 25 with 905 viewsdmm

De Wijs on 22:05 - Apr 24 by SimplyNico

Tight hamstring after this one according to WLS

Yes, just seen this on WLS. In addition to his broken nose, he's been out with calf, groin and now a hammy issue. These are the kinds of problems that may cause the club to have second thoughts about permanently signing him.
De Wijs on 09:05 - Apr 25 with 779 viewsbosh67

He is definitely the right kind of player for the team but sadly makes Matthew Rose look like an ever present. I think it will be down to the medical team as to whether or not they think he can make it through more than a few games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

De Wijs on 09:08 - Apr 25 with 757 viewsgazza1

Apparently, with a good pre-season all these little niggles get 'ironed-out'. He will get signed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024