Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robert Smith 20:15 - Apr 22 with 5050 viewsBrianMcCarthy

62 today, one of our own. Laconic Genius.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Robert Smith on 20:37 - Apr 22 with 3887 viewsnix

I love this so much. I watch this when I'm feeling fed up as it always makes me laugh.
Robert Smith on 20:46 - Apr 22 with 3871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Robert Smith on 20:37 - Apr 22 by nix

I love this so much. I watch this when I'm feeling fed up as it always makes me laugh.

First time I'd seen it, Nix. It cracked me up too. I love understated and dry humour.

Robert Smith on 20:50 - Apr 22 with 3855 viewsbosh67

He so gets it!

"Itā€™s a family thing. My dad supported them (QPR) & so did my brother. It taught me that thereā€™s more to life than winning, anyway."

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Robert Smith on 21:04 - Apr 22 with 3818 viewsjoe90

That clip is so funny! Somehow in 9 seconds it perfectly captures the difference between the US and UK, love it!

I've been listening to Disintegration a lot recently. Great album.
Robert Smith on 21:20 - Apr 22 with 3757 viewsrsonist

Presumably he's enjoying us these days...

https://www.hotpress.com/music/happy-birthday-cures-robert-smith-22812826

ā€œI better not say too much!ā€ the one-time Loftus Road regular laughs. ā€œTo be completely honest, I loathe Premiership football and havenā€™t bothered tracking QPR since they were promoted to it. When I was young, I used to go alternate weeks to QPR and Brighton & Hove Albion who Iā€™ve now gone back to supporting until Rangers drop out of the top flight.

ā€œDuring the dark days when QPR looked like they were going under, there was drunken talk of us sponsoring them but it didnā€™t go any further than the pub. I hate Formula 1 with a passion ā€” itā€™s the most ludicrous, corporate-minded event ever invented and I refuse to go to Loftus Road while there are F1 people sat in the boardroom. Footballā€™s changed so much that the sport I loved as a kid doesnā€™t exist anymore at that level. Iā€™d rather watch a Sunday parks game.ā€
Robert Smith on 22:00 - Apr 22 with 3661 viewslarsricchi

Well, it was yesterday. It was always easy for me to remember April 21 was my grandmother's birthday because she shared it with Robert!

Disintegration is the best album ever, as that little boy from South Park once remarked.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 23:38]
Robert Smith on 22:24 - Apr 22 with 3586 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Robert Smith on 22:00 - Apr 22 by larsricchi

Well, it was yesterday. It was always easy for me to remember April 21 was my grandmother's birthday because she shared it with Robert!

Disintegration is the best album ever, as that little boy from South Park once remarked.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 23:38]

Disintegration is in my Top 3.
Probably an age thing, but it's a staggeringly beautiful piece of art.

Robert Smith on 23:34 - Apr 22 with 3467 viewsSonofNorfolt

If he sat next to you at a game you probably wouldn't know..
Login to get fewer ads

Robert Smith on 23:47 - Apr 22 with 3436 viewslarsricchi

Robert Smith on 22:24 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Disintegration is in my Top 3.
Probably an age thing, but it's a staggeringly beautiful piece of art.

What are the other 2 for you?

Iā€™d have Loveless by MBV a clear-cut #2 and the Beatlesā€™ Revolver at #3
Robert Smith on 23:59 - Apr 22 with 3409 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Robert Smith on 23:47 - Apr 22 by larsricchi

What are the other 2 for you?

Iā€™d have Loveless by MBV a clear-cut #2 and the Beatlesā€™ Revolver at #3

Great choices.

Abbey Road, Sophtware Slump, Van Occupanther and Astral Weeks fighting it out for with Disintegration, depending on my mood.

Do I have to call it, Lars?

Robert Smith on 00:05 - Apr 23 with 3390 viewsqprxtc

Robert Smith is a c unt faux QPR ā€œfanā€ and he is is a crap guitar player in at least three shot bands and canā€™t put fu cking lipstick on properly. Or talk like a normal human f ucking being. Ooohh Robert. Weā€™ve turned up to get an award for years of being overindulged fuc k wits. I know letā€™s be natural a d be utter c unts. Therefore our lack of musical nous will be overlooked as ever for being indie kings. Indie as being shit but the NME fu cking approves of your complete sh itness.
Robert Smith on 00:14 - Apr 23 with 3389 viewslarsricchi

Robert Smith on 23:59 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Great choices.

Abbey Road, Sophtware Slump, Van Occupanther and Astral Weeks fighting it out for with Disintegration, depending on my mood.

Do I have to call it, Lars?

As someone who has about 27 ā€œtop 10ā€ movies, it would seem wrong of me to force you to choose.
Robert Smith on 00:17 - Apr 23 with 3382 viewslarsricchi

Robert Smith on 00:05 - Apr 23 by qprxtc

Robert Smith is a c unt faux QPR ā€œfanā€ and he is is a crap guitar player in at least three shot bands and canā€™t put fu cking lipstick on properly. Or talk like a normal human f ucking being. Ooohh Robert. Weā€™ve turned up to get an award for years of being overindulged fuc k wits. I know letā€™s be natural a d be utter c unts. Therefore our lack of musical nous will be overlooked as ever for being indie kings. Indie as being shit but the NME fu cking approves of your complete sh itness.

Counterpoint: nuh-uh
Robert Smith on 00:23 - Apr 23 with 3364 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's also that.

Robert Smith on 00:45 - Apr 23 with 3338 viewsBoston

Last thing XTC wants is 'the cure'.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Robert Smith on 07:07 - Apr 23 with 3210 viewsdistortR

while I have no opinion whatsoever on The Cure, that is a magnificently irate post!
Keep it up, XTC.
Actually, XTC the band I would kind of rank with the Cure.................
Robert Smith on 07:48 - Apr 23 with 3137 viewsqpr1976

Robert Smith on 07:07 - Apr 23 by distortR

while I have no opinion whatsoever on The Cure, that is a magnificently irate post!
Keep it up, XTC.
Actually, XTC the band I would kind of rank with the Cure.................

Oh youā€™ve done it now.....

Personally, I love The Cure.
However, Disintigration apart (and possibly Kiss Me x3), I see them as an outstanding singles band. (akin to Madness in a weird way).
Ask any average Joe with any interest in music since the 70ā€™s and theyā€™d probably be surprised just how many songs of theirs they know..... HB RS.
Robert Smith on 07:58 - Apr 23 with 3119 viewsPaddyhoops

Robert Smith on 21:20 - Apr 22 by rsonist

Presumably he's enjoying us these days...

https://www.hotpress.com/music/happy-birthday-cures-robert-smith-22812826

ā€œI better not say too much!ā€ the one-time Loftus Road regular laughs. ā€œTo be completely honest, I loathe Premiership football and havenā€™t bothered tracking QPR since they were promoted to it. When I was young, I used to go alternate weeks to QPR and Brighton & Hove Albion who Iā€™ve now gone back to supporting until Rangers drop out of the top flight.

ā€œDuring the dark days when QPR looked like they were going under, there was drunken talk of us sponsoring them but it didnā€™t go any further than the pub. I hate Formula 1 with a passion ā€” itā€™s the most ludicrous, corporate-minded event ever invented and I refuse to go to Loftus Road while there are F1 people sat in the boardroom. Footballā€™s changed so much that the sport I loved as a kid doesnā€™t exist anymore at that level. Iā€™d rather watch a Sunday parks game.ā€

Nice to see Hot press is still going.
Brilliant band . Try catching thier live gig "The Cure in Orange" magnificent.
Robert Smith on 08:25 - Apr 23 with 3096 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Phew...these days when you see a celebs name in the title thread youā€™re expecting an obituary!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes LĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Robert Smith on 08:28 - Apr 23 with 3086 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Robert Smith on 21:04 - Apr 22 by joe90

That clip is so funny! Somehow in 9 seconds it perfectly captures the difference between the US and UK, love it!

ā€œ...Somehow in 9 seconds it perfectly captures the difference between the US and UK...ā€™

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes LĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Robert Smith on 09:26 - Apr 23 with 3014 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Robert Smith on 07:48 - Apr 23 by qpr1976

Oh youā€™ve done it now.....

Personally, I love The Cure.
However, Disintigration apart (and possibly Kiss Me x3), I see them as an outstanding singles band. (akin to Madness in a weird way).
Ask any average Joe with any interest in music since the 70ā€™s and theyā€™d probably be surprised just how many songs of theirs they know..... HB RS.

Agree with that. 'Disintegration' is the only album I listen to of theirs.

Robert Smith on 09:47 - Apr 23 with 2976 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Robert Smith on 23:34 - Apr 22 by SonofNorfolt

If he sat next to you at a game you probably wouldn't know..

Iā€™d like to think that Iā€™d recognise him if he was that close to me

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Robert Smith on 10:14 - Apr 23 with 2921 viewsEastR

Robert Smith on 09:47 - Apr 23 by CliveWilsonSaid

Iā€™d like to think that Iā€™d recognise him if he was that close to me

I always had him down as A Forest supporter

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Robert Smith on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 2904 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Robert Smith on 21:04 - Apr 22 by joe90

You are a man of great taste joe. It is a fine album.

Robert Smith on 10:36 - Apr 23 with 2876 viewsDannyPaddox

Robert Smith on 08:28 - Apr 23 by PlanetHonneywood

ā€œ...Somehow in 9 seconds it perfectly captures the difference between the US and UK...ā€™

It surely does though I think the presenter may actually be Dutch.

ƃĀ  la Harfynn Teuport of Rok TV ...

Happy Birthday Bob!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 10:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024