Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the media love-in? 20:08 - May 5 with 4549 viewssupahoopsa

A week or so ago the "BIG SIX" were the antichrist of football and everyone in the media were (quite rightly) putting the boot in.

But this week Man City and Chelscum are in the champions league semi final and all of a sudden there is a massive media love-in for these two and everyone should be backing them as English teams. Bloomin hypocrites

Bollox to that, backing Real all the way tonight

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Why the media love-in? on 20:16 - May 5 with 3364 viewsMrSheen

Pot v Kettle
Why the media love-in? on 20:44 - May 5 with 3286 viewsJuzzie

Today’s news is tomorrow’s chip paper.
Why the media love-in? on 20:46 - May 5 with 3280 viewsTW_R

Not sure why you think backing Real is any better. They and Perez were the main instigators of the ESL. He still hasn’t given up on the idea either. They are 100s of millions in debt and are regularly bailed out because of their over-spending. Much worse than the English clubs if you ask me.
Why the media love-in? on 21:00 - May 5 with 3211 viewsWegerles_Stairs

God I miss Frank Lampard.
Why the media love-in? on 21:08 - May 5 with 3174 viewscolinallcars

I'd rather have Real Ale than Real Madrid.
Why the media love-in? on 21:43 - May 5 with 3064 viewsdaveB

Real Madrid have been dreadful here, Chelsea should be 4 up
Why the media love-in? on 21:59 - May 5 with 2981 viewstraininvain

I’m struggling to recall a Real Madrid side as poor as this lot over the two legs. It was obvious that Chelsea had the legs on them early in the first leg but Real barely looked bothered tonight.

Why do I have this bad feeling that Chelsea will beat Man City in the final.
Why the media love-in? on 22:22 - May 5 with 2906 viewsdaveB

Why the media love-in? on 21:59 - May 5 by traininvain

I’m struggling to recall a Real Madrid side as poor as this lot over the two legs. It was obvious that Chelsea had the legs on them early in the first leg but Real barely looked bothered tonight.

Why do I have this bad feeling that Chelsea will beat Man City in the final.

me too, I've fancied them to win this since the quarter final draw. Hopefully none of their fans can go
Login to get fewer ads

Why the media love-in? on 22:29 - May 5 with 2877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Why the media love-in? on 22:22 - May 5 by daveB

me too, I've fancied them to win this since the quarter final draw. Hopefully none of their fans can go

Hopefully all 7,500 of them can go and watch them lose.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Why the media love-in? on 22:31 - May 5 with 2865 viewsStanFan

This is a disaster. Is there any way both clubs could lose or be kicked out or something? Please!
Why the media love-in? on 22:46 - May 5 with 2830 viewsDavieQPR

The Media will go along with anything that they think will sell the most whether true or false.
Why the media love-in? on 22:52 - May 5 with 2813 viewsLazyFan

Why the media love-in? on 21:00 - May 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

God I miss Frank Lampard.

Well said, Fat Frank was one of the greatest Chelscum managers ever.

zzzzzzzzzz

Why the media love-in? on 23:33 - May 5 with 2752 viewsdaveB

Why the media love-in? on 22:31 - May 5 by StanFan

This is a disaster. Is there any way both clubs could lose or be kicked out or something? Please!

I quite like Man City, would like to see them win it
Why the media love-in? on 23:51 - May 5 with 2735 viewsstowmarketrange

I know it’s a bit dramatic but every time those scum are successful it hammers another nail in our coffin.How are we going to replace all us 40,50 and 60 year fans when we’re not around any more?
You can’t convince a local kid to come and pay to see his local team play in the championship when they can follow a team that regularly wins things?They might not ever see them play,but they’ll buy the shirts that are probably more popular in west london than ours.
With Fulham turning into a yo-yo club and brentford possibly getting in the premier league,our future looks increasing bleak in 10 or 20 years time.Loyalty only worked for most of us when we started following this club because it was something either your family or friends at school did.

How will that work if all their mates follow the scum on the tv?But where are we going to get our support from in the next few years if the teams around us are all more successful than us?
[Post edited 6 May 2021 10:17]
Why the media love-in? on 11:09 - May 6 with 2517 viewsJogo

I guarantee Chelsea will win the Champions League and Brentford will win the play off final and I will be one seriously f@#ked off c@#t
Why the media love-in? on 11:23 - May 6 with 2494 viewsfrancisbowles

Why the media love-in? on 23:51 - May 5 by stowmarketrange

I know it’s a bit dramatic but every time those scum are successful it hammers another nail in our coffin.How are we going to replace all us 40,50 and 60 year fans when we’re not around any more?
You can’t convince a local kid to come and pay to see his local team play in the championship when they can follow a team that regularly wins things?They might not ever see them play,but they’ll buy the shirts that are probably more popular in west london than ours.
With Fulham turning into a yo-yo club and brentford possibly getting in the premier league,our future looks increasing bleak in 10 or 20 years time.Loyalty only worked for most of us when we started following this club because it was something either your family or friends at school did.

How will that work if all their mates follow the scum on the tv?But where are we going to get our support from in the next few years if the teams around us are all more successful than us?
[Post edited 6 May 2021 10:17]

Your absolutely correct. Our longer term future is very precarious. A lot of FL clubs are 'one town teams' and are therefore are always going to have a local support. We are surrounded by 'bigger' neighbours, most of our local support has moved away and their descendants don't have that local affinity. A lot of clubs face the challenge of getting their supporters to turn up. We have/will increasingly have to find our support before the challenge of getting them through the gates.
Why the media love-in? on 11:25 - May 6 with 2487 viewsTheChef

Why the media love-in? on 22:46 - May 5 by DavieQPR

The Media will go along with anything that they think will sell the most whether true or false.

Yep all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Why the media love-in? on 11:34 - May 6 with 2465 viewsNorthernr

As I said in the piece I wrote the other week - all the newspapers and broadcasters who were up in arms about the Super League would have covered it and bid for its rights, all the pundits spitting bile down the camera about it would have worked on it covering the games.
Why the media love-in? on 11:36 - May 6 with 2454 viewsNottsQPR

Why the media love-in? on 11:23 - May 6 by francisbowles

Your absolutely correct. Our longer term future is very precarious. A lot of FL clubs are 'one town teams' and are therefore are always going to have a local support. We are surrounded by 'bigger' neighbours, most of our local support has moved away and their descendants don't have that local affinity. A lot of clubs face the challenge of getting their supporters to turn up. We have/will increasingly have to find our support before the challenge of getting them through the gates.

This is fine. When Warbs takes us up next year and we spend the next ten years 'doing a Leicester', this problem will take care of itself.
Why the media love-in? on 11:46 - May 6 with 2429 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The real test remains whether the FA's, UEFA and FIFA legislate against this happening again with stiff proscribed penalties written in for any club agreeing even in principle to a breakaway.

So far, there's been a deafening silence on this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Why the media love-in? on 12:04 - May 6 with 2402 viewsPhildo

Why the media love-in? on 11:46 - May 6 by BrianMcCarthy

The real test remains whether the FA's, UEFA and FIFA legislate against this happening again with stiff proscribed penalties written in for any club agreeing even in principle to a breakaway.

So far, there's been a deafening silence on this.

UEFA making noises about punishments - a lot of lawyering going on at present I think
Why the media love-in? on 12:04 - May 6 with 2402 viewsTacticalR

A week is a long time in football.

Air hostess clique

Why the media love-in? on 12:35 - May 6 with 2330 viewsdanehoop

Although I think quite telling that internally within Premier League all of the "Judas clubs" have found themselves removed all of their committee assignments. That doesn't sound much, but indicates that the "non Judas clubs" are far from content and will loosen the authority of the "Judas Clubs" (at least in the short term) within the EPL.

Never knowingly understood

Why the media love-in? on 12:39 - May 6 with 2326 viewsLowerloftLad

i have a feeling city may go and absolutely hammer Chelsea but maybe that is just wishful thinking 😂.
[Post edited 6 May 2021 12:45]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Why the media love-in? on 12:45 - May 6 with 2294 viewsStanFan

Why the media love-in? on 23:33 - May 5 by daveB

I quite like Man City, would like to see them win it

I hate them. Both Chelsea and City are where they are because they bought success when it was allowed, before the football world was designed to stop less rich clubs doing the same. They are the epitome of everything that is wrong with football.

It also bugs me that Pep is described as a genius because he can get a collection of the most valuable players on the planet to play nice football and win some trophies.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024