Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Squad for Euros 17:03 - Jun 1 with 7238 viewsdaveB

England squad for UEFA EURO 2020

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Bromwich Albion), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds United), Declan Rice (West Ham United)

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City)
England Squad for Euros on 17:11 - Jun 1 with 3096 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That is an incredibly young squad.

Am I right in thinking that Raheem Sterling is the oldest player there?
England Squad for Euros on 17:12 - Jun 1 with 3091 viewshantssi

England Squad for Euros on 17:11 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m guessing Jordan Henderson may be older?
England Squad for Euros on 17:14 - Jun 1 with 3070 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 17:12 - Jun 1 by hantssi

I’m guessing Jordan Henderson may be older?

Ah yes, of course!
England Squad for Euros on 17:14 - Jun 1 with 3076 viewsdaveB

Henderson and Kane are both older I think
England Squad for Euros on 17:16 - Jun 1 with 3065 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Looks like pretty much a full strength line up at this stage. Weak link possibly goalkeeper position and a few question marks about the defence. Midfield and forward line looks quite exciting. Only player not there that I would consider including is Bamford in case of an injury to Kane. I’m more hopeful about this England side than I have for some time.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

England Squad for Euros on 17:16 - Jun 1 with 3063 views81A

England Squad for Euros on 17:14 - Jun 1 by daveB

Henderson and Kane are both older I think

Sterling is 26. Kane 27, Maguire 28, Henderson 30
England Squad for Euros on 17:17 - Jun 1 with 3042 viewsrsonist

Sterling is the highest capped, though.
England Squad for Euros on 17:17 - Jun 1 with 3044 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

England Squad for Euros on 17:16 - Jun 1 by 81A

Sterling is 26. Kane 27, Maguire 28, Henderson 30

Pickford is 27 too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

England Squad for Euros on 17:21 - Jun 1 with 3009 viewsdaveB

Coady as well.

Interesting that the 7 left out have stayed with the squad and will feature in the friendlies as the champions league players won't be back in time. Southgate offered them all the option to leave but they opted to stay and help out.

Quite like the balance of the squad, with 26 players was a lot easier to pick all 4 right backs. Bellingham is very exciting and great to see Grealish get in
England Squad for Euros on 17:23 - Jun 1 with 2999 viewsrsonist

England Squad for Euros on 17:24 - Jun 1 with 2997 viewshantssi

Walker is 31, Trippier is 30.
So apart from that Baz, what have the Romans ever done for us?😜
England Squad for Euros on 17:25 - Jun 1 with 2992 viewsdenhamhoop2

Looks like 3 4 3 with wing backs hope Coady plays think he is the best pure defender I would've taken Lingaard and Watkins myself and left out Phillips and Sancho but understand why he picked Phillips because Henderson is not fully fit
England Squad for Euros on 17:26 - Jun 1 with 2989 viewsBazzeR

Disappointing to see Ollie Watkins omitted at the expense of so many F/Backs

Hope Southgate is brave enough to play both Grealish and Foden together.
England Squad for Euros on 17:34 - Jun 1 with 2950 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 17:24 - Jun 1 by hantssi

Walker is 31, Trippier is 30.
So apart from that Baz, what have the Romans ever done for us?😜

Haha

There was a time I could tell you the age, club, and favourite Spice Girl of any England player 😆 but now I am well out of the Loop.

In my mind I still see half those players mentioned as just graduating the U21s!
England Squad for Euros on 17:35 - Jun 1 with 2944 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 17:21 - Jun 1 by daveB

Coady as well.

Interesting that the 7 left out have stayed with the squad and will feature in the friendlies as the champions league players won't be back in time. Southgate offered them all the option to leave but they opted to stay and help out.

Quite like the balance of the squad, with 26 players was a lot easier to pick all 4 right backs. Bellingham is very exciting and great to see Grealish get in

Grealish, even though he’s an annoying shit, should be starting in my opinion.

Could be the Gascoigne ‘96 of the side.
England Squad for Euros on 17:43 - Jun 1 with 2907 viewsdaveB

England Squad for Euros on 17:25 - Jun 1 by denhamhoop2

Looks like 3 4 3 with wing backs hope Coady plays think he is the best pure defender I would've taken Lingaard and Watkins myself and left out Phillips and Sancho but understand why he picked Phillips because Henderson is not fully fit

Sancho has been good again this season, I'd personally be starting him and Foden with Kane but so many options.
England Squad for Euros on 17:54 - Jun 1 with 2859 viewsBAWHoops

That's the most talented squad England have taken to a tournament in my lifetime (I'm 35).
Premier League winners, Champions League winners, Golden Boot winners all over the place.

It's absolutely stuffed with young talent as well. Foden and Mount are generational players, Grealish wonderful plus even someone like Saka (who likely won't get a game) is fantastic.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

England Squad for Euros on 18:03 - Jun 1 with 2823 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 17:54 - Jun 1 by BAWHoops

That's the most talented squad England have taken to a tournament in my lifetime (I'm 35).
Premier League winners, Champions League winners, Golden Boot winners all over the place.

It's absolutely stuffed with young talent as well. Foden and Mount are generational players, Grealish wonderful plus even someone like Saka (who likely won't get a game) is fantastic.

Relatively short on arseholes too!

Can’t remember a squad as likeable as this one since ‘96.

Dare I say it, I even like the Chelsea lads.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 18:07]
England Squad for Euros on 18:04 - Jun 1 with 2822 viewspaulparker

Southgate has bottled that squad with TAA getting in , he didn’t want the hassle of the media on him , TAA has never played well for England and had an average season
Why do we need 4 right backs ? I really hope we don’t go with Walker as the 3rd centre back as he is a liability there , it’s midfield that we are light

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England Squad for Euros on 18:10 - Jun 1 with 2793 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 18:04 - Jun 1 by paulparker

Southgate has bottled that squad with TAA getting in , he didn’t want the hassle of the media on him , TAA has never played well for England and had an average season
Why do we need 4 right backs ? I really hope we don’t go with Walker as the 3rd centre back as he is a liability there , it’s midfield that we are light

I dunno mate, takes some bottle to exclude 7 of those WC semi finalists.
England Squad for Euros on 18:25 - Jun 1 with 2733 viewsMick_S

England Squad for Euros on 18:03 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Relatively short on arseholes too!

Can’t remember a squad as likeable as this one since ‘96.

Dare I say it, I even like the Chelsea lads.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 18:07]

Steady now.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England Squad for Euros on 18:36 - Jun 1 with 2676 viewspaulparker

England Squad for Euros on 18:10 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I dunno mate, takes some bottle to exclude 7 of those WC semi finalists.

What seven are you specifically talking about ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England Squad for Euros on 19:04 - Jun 1 with 2606 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 18:36 - Jun 1 by paulparker

What seven are you specifically talking about ?

There are more than 7 obviously, but from those that you’d consider starters or in contention at the last WC for the 11 and off the top of my head:

Rose, Dier, Lingaard, Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Butland, Welbeck.

My point is, in previous squads once you were established in the way those players were that’s it, you are in for life.

Southgate doesn’t seem to have a problem dropping players.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 19:21]
England Squad for Euros on 19:13 - Jun 1 with 2578 viewskensalriser

England Squad for Euros on 19:04 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

There are more than 7 obviously, but from those that you’d consider starters or in contention at the last WC for the 11 and off the top of my head:

Rose, Dier, Lingaard, Alli, Loftus-Cheek, Butland, Welbeck.

My point is, in previous squads once you were established in the way those players were that’s it, you are in for life.

Southgate doesn’t seem to have a problem dropping players.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 19:21]

Only one of those that looks a questionable omission is Lingard, but who would you drop to accommodate him?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England Squad for Euros on 19:21 - Jun 1 with 2549 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England Squad for Euros on 19:13 - Jun 1 by kensalriser

Only one of those that looks a questionable omission is Lingard, but who would you drop to accommodate him?

I wouldn’t, that’s my point!

How many squads included a half fit Rooney or Owen, or forced Lampard and Gerrard together because of how many caps they have at the expense of a lower profile but in form player?

I remember near the end Lampard went through the driest of dry spells with England with no assists or goals but his place was cemented in.

I don’t think Southgate indulges that to his credit.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 19:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024