Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 2021 09:04 - Jun 2 with 26108 viewstoboboly

Starts today with England v NZ at Lords.

Finishes with us raising the urn in Oz. Gorgeous day for it, anyone get tix? After having loads of games sorted last year I thought it prudent not to bother this season.

Will be listening to TMS, just hope they have anyone in place of Daniel Norcross whom aggravates me something chronic.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 9:09]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket 2021 on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 2029 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2021 on 15:40 - Jun 12 by MrSheen

In the poo now.

Any chance of a monsoon?
Cricket 2021 on 15:59 - Jun 12 with 2008 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket 2021 on 15:40 - Jun 12 by MrSheen

In the poo now.

How the hell are England struggling against Matt Henry he is the New Zealand Tim Murtagh oh just remember he took 5-13 at Lords once upon a time where is Jack Leach master Night Watchman to bang him for 92
Cricket 2021 on 17:37 - Jun 12 with 1929 viewsthame_hoops

Disgraceful. And my client had tickets for tomorrow too and was so excited yesterday
Cricket 2021 on 21:41 - Jun 12 with 1834 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2021 on 17:37 - Jun 12 by thame_hoops

Disgraceful. And my client had tickets for tomorrow too and was so excited yesterday

I got an email about tickets still available for day 4.Luckily I’m working or I might’ve been tempted.
Cricket 2021 on 21:45 - Jun 12 with 1832 viewsKiwi76

Been really good couple of tests for NZ even with amount of changes.
Just hope we can perform vs India as have nasty habit of not winning finals.
Cricket 2021 on 23:00 - Jun 12 with 1795 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2021 on 21:45 - Jun 12 by Kiwi76

Been really good couple of tests for NZ even with amount of changes.
Just hope we can perform vs India as have nasty habit of not winning finals.

I have always had a soft spot for New Zealand, in the early 90s I met Dion Nash and Stephen Fleming on the England tour. I was a junior Middlesex member and they played a New Zealand touring side at lords and we were welcomed into a dressing room, as part of a family day.
Cricket 2021 on 23:13 - Jun 12 with 1766 viewsKiwi76

Cricket 2021 on 23:00 - Jun 12 by thame_hoops

I have always had a soft spot for New Zealand, in the early 90s I met Dion Nash and Stephen Fleming on the England tour. I was a junior Middlesex member and they played a New Zealand touring side at lords and we were welcomed into a dressing room, as part of a family day.

Dion Nash was unlucky with injuries & never got to fulfil his potential - saw him at Lords in mid 90’s get a 50 & 11 wickets - poor bloody light meant we couldn’t bowl quicks & get the last 2 wickets to win the test.
Has a men’s grooming product business now - Triumph & Disaster
Cricket 2021 on 06:50 - Jun 13 with 1678 viewsjeffranger

They are not a bad side & should be granted more than two test matches!
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket 2021 on 09:27 - Jun 13 with 1638 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2021 on 06:50 - Jun 13 by jeffranger

They are not a bad side & should be granted more than two test matches!

It’s just as well that they weren’t given any more.Unless we can back some of our injured team we’d be blackcap washed.
I met quite a few Kiwis at the final at Lords 2 years ago,and they took defeat very well and still posed for photos.A massive victory today goes someway to making up for their disappointment in 2019.
It’s a country I’d love to visit before I get too old.
Cricket 2021 on 11:04 - Jun 13 with 1602 viewsflynnbo

Cricket 2021 on 09:27 - Jun 13 by stowmarketrange

It’s just as well that they weren’t given any more.Unless we can back some of our injured team we’d be blackcap washed.
I met quite a few Kiwis at the final at Lords 2 years ago,and they took defeat very well and still posed for photos.A massive victory today goes someway to making up for their disappointment in 2019.
It’s a country I’d love to visit before I get too old.

Well, that didn't take too long. Phew, just managed to bang out Jerusalem before the Kiwis reach their inevitable target!
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 11:13]
Cricket 2021 on 11:38 - Jun 13 with 1564 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket 2021 on 23:13 - Jun 12 by Kiwi76

Dion Nash was unlucky with injuries & never got to fulfil his potential - saw him at Lords in mid 90’s get a 50 & 11 wickets - poor bloody light meant we couldn’t bowl quicks & get the last 2 wickets to win the test.
Has a men’s grooming product business now - Triumph & Disaster

He was awful for Middlesex unlike Stephen Fleming he's the second best captain I've seen behind Mike Brearley
Cricket 2021 on 11:16 - Jun 14 with 1490 viewsTheChef

Plenty of England soul searching (no denying NZ are a very good Test side), but this is what happens when you prioritise white ball cricket.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket 2021 on 11:18 - Jun 14 with 1482 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2021 on 11:38 - Jun 13 by denhamhoop2

He was awful for Middlesex unlike Stephen Fleming he's the second best captain I've seen behind Mike Brearley

for me, Justin Langer was an excellent captain, led by example and fully immersed himself in the club, he'd stop and talk to anyone at uxbridge games.
Cricket 2021 on 11:38 - Jun 14 with 1461 viewstoboboly

Well done NZ, thoroughly deserved. Abject from England.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket 2021 on 12:13 - Jun 14 with 1434 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket 2021 on 11:18 - Jun 14 by thame_hoops

for me, Justin Langer was an excellent captain, led by example and fully immersed himself in the club, he'd stop and talk to anyone at uxbridge games.

To be fair he was a decent player bet he couldn't help Middlesex this season unless he could average 100 then we might be competitive
Cricket 2021 on 12:29 - Jun 14 with 1423 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2021 on 12:13 - Jun 14 by denhamhoop2

To be fair he was a decent player bet he couldn't help Middlesex this season unless he could average 100 then we might be competitive

It’s looking bleak isn’t it. Really enjoyed being at lords last Thursday despite the result. Looking forward to Both games at radlett this week, think hey could be high scores if we bowl first.
Cricket 2021 on 13:44 - Jun 14 with 1384 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket 2021 on 12:29 - Jun 14 by thame_hoops

It’s looking bleak isn’t it. Really enjoyed being at lords last Thursday despite the result. Looking forward to Both games at radlett this week, think hey could be high scores if we bowl first.

Normally it's 6 or 7 games before we give up the hope of qualifying for Finals day we seem to have given up at the start this year. When your overseas signing if Paul Stirling then you are not planning to win it. I have a weeks holiday and am going to Cheltenham for the County Championship game wonder what I can do on the 4th day
Cricket 2021 on 20:07 - Jun 14 with 1321 viewsderbyhoop

Cricket 2021 on 12:13 - Jun 14 by denhamhoop2

I wouldn't back the current Middlesex top 6 to average 100 collect timely.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Cricket 2021 on 20:18 - Jun 14 with 1302 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket 2021 on 20:07 - Jun 14 by derbyhoop

I wouldn't back the current Middlesex top 6 to average 100 collect timely.

Not sure what exactly our batting coaches do because in the last 2 years Gubbins has got considerably worse Robson's quite obvious technical flaws haven't been rectified if anything they are worse and Holden shouldn't be anywhere near a county contract. I think Clive Radley and Mike Gatting would both get in this team in their sixties and not be the worst player. The bowling I have some promise in Bamber and Cullen and enjoy the 2 old pros Murtagh and Roland Jones but Finn is finished at this level without the 5 yards of pace that he's lost. Fully expect next season with a return to 2 Division Play to come bottom for the first time in our history
Cricket 2021 on 21:39 - Jun 14 with 1269 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket 2021 on 12:29 - Jun 14 by thame_hoops

Enjoy the games Radlett just is a bit too much of a trek for me to get back in time for my night shift will be heading to Lords to see our annual make Ten Doeschate look like Bradman game luckily this year we are so bad he won't have to save them
Cricket 2021 on 22:45 - Jun 14 with 1245 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2021 on 21:39 - Jun 14 by denhamhoop2

Enjoy the games Radlett just is a bit too much of a trek for me to get back in time for my night shift will be heading to Lords to see our annual make Ten Doeschate look like Bradman game luckily this year we are so bad he won't have to save them

I was just going to say, if you’re at Radlett I will buy you a beer. It’s going to be a bit of a Pfaff now getting tickets for Lords, for the remaining games, with the reduced capacity. For the Surrey game I had to sit by the computer at 10 am, especially as I had to get me and my dad tickets set together, with our Middlesex membership, via the Lord’s ticket website bizarrely. Made it awkward
Cricket 2021 on 07:27 - Jun 15 with 1197 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket 2021 on 22:45 - Jun 14 by thame_hoops

I was just going to say, if you’re at Radlett I will buy you a beer. It’s going to be a bit of a Pfaff now getting tickets for Lords, for the remaining games, with the reduced capacity. For the Surrey game I had to sit by the computer at 10 am, especially as I had to get me and my dad tickets set together, with our Middlesex membership, via the Lord’s ticket website bizarrely. Made it awkward

I work 6 pm to 6 am so choose to be asleep at 10 am so will be missing out on them probably go to Merchant Taylors for the Sunday and Monday of the game against Leicestershire . Should've seen just how hard it was booking tickets for away at Gloucestershire I was able to book train tickets and hotel quicker than get a first day then a second then a third and fourth day ticket
Cricket 2021 on 08:17 - Jun 15 with 1179 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2021 on 20:18 - Jun 14 by denhamhoop2

Not sure what exactly our batting coaches do because in the last 2 years Gubbins has got considerably worse Robson's quite obvious technical flaws haven't been rectified if anything they are worse and Holden shouldn't be anywhere near a county contract. I think Clive Radley and Mike Gatting would both get in this team in their sixties and not be the worst player. The bowling I have some promise in Bamber and Cullen and enjoy the 2 old pros Murtagh and Roland Jones but Finn is finished at this level without the 5 yards of pace that he's lost. Fully expect next season with a return to 2 Division Play to come bottom for the first time in our history

Total mismanagement from the top from Goatley and Fraser unfortunately. The batting hasn't been fixed for years.

Added to the fact we appear to be brassic and there's supposedly some pensions issue which will impact the finances further.

Anyway off to Radlett tonight for more fun and games...

Cricket 2021 on 23:12 - Jun 15 with 1116 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2021 on 08:17 - Jun 15 by TheChef

Total mismanagement from the top from Goatley and Fraser unfortunately. The batting hasn't been fixed for years.

Added to the fact we appear to be brassic and there's supposedly some pensions issue which will impact the finances further.

Anyway off to Radlett tonight for more fun and games...

What a lovely evening, beautiful sunshine, good company and a great game of cricket. However, I think the club got it wrong, 10 rows of seats sloping backwards made views bad. Usually they spread the seats around the whole ground, obviously with Covid they closed off 3/4 of the ground. We ended up standing for most of the game. Food was bad too and I had to park my car in 3 foot high grass. Why didn’t they cut it LOL., still though, shouldn’t moan, thought it was all over at 30-3. Will Morgan ever score runs for us again. I think he is only eligible for the next two games. Then we won’t see him till next season.
Cricket 2021 on 08:47 - Jun 16 with 1048 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2021 on 23:12 - Jun 15 by thame_hoops

What a lovely evening, beautiful sunshine, good company and a great game of cricket. However, I think the club got it wrong, 10 rows of seats sloping backwards made views bad. Usually they spread the seats around the whole ground, obviously with Covid they closed off 3/4 of the ground. We ended up standing for most of the game. Food was bad too and I had to park my car in 3 foot high grass. Why didn’t they cut it LOL., still though, shouldn’t moan, thought it was all over at 30-3. Will Morgan ever score runs for us again. I think he is only eligible for the next two games. Then we won’t see him till next season.

Yeah what a lovely evening. At 30 for 3 I definitely didn't see the win coming! Top effort from young Joe Cracknell and Simpson too.

Indeed we ended up standing at the back for a better view!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024