Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 2021 09:04 - Jun 2 with 26158 viewstoboboly

Starts today with England v NZ at Lords.

Finishes with us raising the urn in Oz. Gorgeous day for it, anyone get tix? After having loads of games sorted last year I thought it prudent not to bother this season.

Will be listening to TMS, just hope they have anyone in place of Daniel Norcross whom aggravates me something chronic.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 9:09]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket 2021 on 13:07 - Aug 16 with 1465 viewsTheChef

Highlighting Root's shortcomings as captain unfortunately.

No idea why it took so long to get Anderson back in the attack.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket 2021 on 13:13 - Aug 16 with 1453 viewstoboboly

Cricket 2021 on 13:07 - Aug 16 by TheChef

Highlighting Root's shortcomings as captain unfortunately.

No idea why it took so long to get Anderson back in the attack.

But also what are the senior players doing? They should be saying "wtf are we doing, bowl at the stumps, get them out"

They have lost their heads. The best way to get back at the Indians isn't to hurt or intimidate them but to win the f***ing game.

Cricket 2021 on 13:35 - Aug 16 with 1415 viewsted_hendrix

Well we've managed to hit Bumrah on his helmet twice with the ball and he's on 30 not out and smiling, and Shami is on 52 not out and smiling.

As Paul Newman once said to Robert Redford; "Who are those guys"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket 2021 on 14:00 - Aug 16 with 1379 viewsMedwayR

I don't understand why they don't bowl at the stumps more in general but especially in that situation.

As for Root's captaincy, I've felt for a long time that if you're England test captain you should focus on that and only play for the test side, drop out of the one day stuff.

Poll: Who’s better?

Cricket 2021 on 14:14 - Aug 16 with 1347 viewstoboboly

This is carnage.

Sibley's career gone now surely?

Cricket 2021 on 14:15 - Aug 16 with 1344 viewsted_hendrix

I run for two wickets, jesus wept you couldn't make this up.

Cricket 2021 on 14:23 - Aug 16 with 1320 viewsjohnhoop

Cricket 2021 on 14:15 - Aug 16 by ted_hendrix

I run for two wickets, jesus wept you couldn't make this up.

From the time they got Pant out England have managed to go from prospective match winners to a rabble in under three hours.
Cricket 2021 on 14:26 - Aug 16 with 1306 viewsSydneyRs

Absolutely pathetic from England today. Got the danger men out early and then make a complete arse of getting out two genuine tail enders, by going with all the short ball nonsense instead of bowling proper wicket taking balls. If England watched India in Australia, they should know India are not a team to be intimidated or short on belief.

Root has been brilliant as a batsman this series, but has failed dismally as a captain today. If the Ashes go ahead, it will be another 5-0. Our top 6, Root apart, are sub standard. Our best bowler is almost retired and won't last 5 tests in Aus. Archer is injured, Wood injury prone. As weak as we've been in a long time.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket 2021 on 14:41 - Aug 16 with 1277 viewstoboboly

For me this is all on England Cricket. The records are stacking up and none of them are ones we want to see. Most ducks in a calendar year (already), 37% of Burns and Sibley's partnerships don't get past the 2nd over, most opener ducks in a calendar year by any team ever (already).

Yet red ball cricket is continually marginalised, pushed into the beginning of the season when it is hard to play correctly with poor weather, yet another white ball competition that the England Cricket set up is sucking off for all it can.

If you want to be good at Test Cricket you make sure you have lots of red ball cricket being played, and you play it at all times of the year. We are fantastic at white ball cricket because we play so much of it, we are crap at Tests because we play so little red ball cricket. It needs a total change of priorities and thought or else this will keep happening and no-one will pay £100+ for a ticket to watch it.

Cricket 2021 on 14:47 - Aug 16 with 1262 viewsTonto

I think sibley may be done. Burns may still just about cling on... he is second top scorer for England this year afterall.

But, and this is a big but. Who replaces them there isn't a standout opener in the County Championship to me. And the Counties have been playing white ball cricket for the last 2 months.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 14:48]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Cricket 2021 on 15:05 - Aug 16 with 1247 viewsCamberleyR

Cricket 2021 on 14:41 - Aug 16 by toboboly

For me this is all on England Cricket. The records are stacking up and none of them are ones we want to see. Most ducks in a calendar year (already), 37% of Burns and Sibley's partnerships don't get past the 2nd over, most opener ducks in a calendar year by any team ever (already).

Yet red ball cricket is continually marginalised, pushed into the beginning of the season when it is hard to play correctly with poor weather, yet another white ball competition that the England Cricket set up is sucking off for all it can.

If you want to be good at Test Cricket you make sure you have lots of red ball cricket being played, and you play it at all times of the year. We are fantastic at white ball cricket because we play so much of it, we are crap at Tests because we play so little red ball cricket. It needs a total change of priorities and thought or else this will keep happening and no-one will pay £100+ for a ticket to watch it.

Absolutely agree. It totally pisses me off the way the county game has been pushed into April & May and the last few weeks in September with nothing during the core summer months.

The Australian schedule doesn't have any first class cricket in December and January in their summer calendar but by then six of the ten rounds of Shield games will have been played so their players will be well grooved by the time the Ashes starts. We no doubt will go in with our usual preparation of a couple of a couple of three/four day games and maybe a one dayer and predictably be totally under prepared.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 15:07]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket 2021 on 15:14 - Aug 16 with 1235 viewsLogman

The ECB are totally to blame. How can the players switch from hitting everything in sight to staying in for session after session when they are switching codes in the space of days. It's ridiculous.

But my particular gripe is why they have got 3 senior players at 4, 5 and 6 while nos. 1, 2 and 3 are lambs to the slaughter time after time.

Get the experienced players, Root, Bairstow and Buttler in 1, 2 and 3 !

(Note: That still won't be sufficient to make Rory Burns into a test batsman. But it might help).
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 15:15]
Cricket 2021 on 15:18 - Aug 16 with 1222 viewstoboboly

Cricket 2021 on 15:14 - Aug 16 by Logman

The ECB are totally to blame. How can the players switch from hitting everything in sight to staying in for session after session when they are switching codes in the space of days. It's ridiculous.

But my particular gripe is why they have got 3 senior players at 4, 5 and 6 while nos. 1, 2 and 3 are lambs to the slaughter time after time.

Get the experienced players, Root, Bairstow and Buttler in 1, 2 and 3 !

(Note: That still won't be sufficient to make Rory Burns into a test batsman. But it might help).
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 15:15]

Already tried Bairstow as an opener (didn't work out for anyone) and Buttler shouldn't be playing red ball cricket imho. Root is our de-facto opener anyway.

Cricket 2021 on 15:25 - Aug 16 with 1208 viewsqprd

Cricket 2021 on 13:13 - Aug 16 by toboboly

But also what are the senior players doing? They should be saying "wtf are we doing, bowl at the stumps, get them out"

They have lost their heads. The best way to get back at the Indians isn't to hurt or intimidate them but to win the f***ing game.

get back at the indians for what? b/c bumrah bowled a few balls at anderson? most teams bowl short at tailenders... if this offends england, then they will not be prepared for the ashes, where the australians deliberately try to injure tailenders w short stuff... bumrah even apologized to anderson after the fact, so its comical to me that so many deliveries were wasted ....
Cricket 2021 on 16:26 - Aug 16 with 1128 viewsdaveB

This batting line up is abysmal
Cricket 2021 on 16:44 - Aug 16 with 1104 viewsted_hendrix

Is Boycott still alive?

Cricket 2021 on 16:51 - Aug 16 with 1090 viewsjohnhoop

Cricket 2021 on 16:44 - Aug 16 by ted_hendrix

Is Boycott still alive?

I think the only strategy left for England Cricket enthusiasts for them to retain their sanity during this series will be to adopt the 1986 Milk Cup Final outlook.
It isn't happening and when what isn't happening is all over, it never actually happened.
Cricket 2021 on 17:22 - Aug 16 with 1045 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't like to go over the top about cricket but this is abysmal by England and I mainly put the blame on Root for atrocious bowling tactics.

Sibley is no good but I don't think we'd have had anything like this collapse if the team hadn't seen a golden chance for victory pissed away in the morning.
Cricket 2021 on 17:23 - Aug 16 with 1043 viewsCiderwithRsie

Oh, and Curran is equally cr*p with ball and bat.
Cricket 2021 on 17:25 - Aug 16 with 1036 viewsClive_Anderson

Going for the record number of ducks in this test.
Cricket 2021 on 17:26 - Aug 16 with 1025 viewsCamberleyR

Christ on a bike, this is truly pathetic. Curran with a king pair. When did that last happen in a test?

EDIT: Just checked, it's not as rare as you think and even Adam Gilchrist got one.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2021 17:27]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket 2021 on 17:26 - Aug 16 with 1023 viewsted_hendrix

Its time for that bloke to get his bugle out and start playing the last post.

Cricket 2021 on 17:32 - Aug 16 with 1002 viewsjohnhoop

Cricket 2021 on 17:26 - Aug 16 by ted_hendrix

Its time for that bloke to get his bugle out and start playing the last post.

Couldn't we set fire to the bails and put the ashes in an urn to symbolise the funeral of English Test cricket?
Or has somebody already done that one?
Cricket 2021 on 17:42 - Aug 16 with 975 viewsRangersw12

England getting everything they deserve for the way they have treated red ball cricket the last few years
Cricket 2021 on 18:06 - Aug 16 with 928 viewsjohnhoop

Cricket 2021 on 17:42 - Aug 16 by Rangersw12

England getting everything they deserve for the way they have treated red ball cricket the last few years

Never mind, when the ECB have succeeded in killing off Test Cricket because England supporters will no longer pay eye-watering prices to watch their team disintegrate on a regular basis, they'll console themselves with the fact that they've still got the "Hundred" to keep the dosh rolling in.
At that point they may as well demolish Lord's and turn it into a housing estate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024