Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Eriksen 17:48 - Jun 12 with 13735 viewsRs_Holy

This does not look good
Christian Eriksen on 18:38 - Jun 12 with 2295 viewsToast_R

Christian Eriksen on 18:35 - Jun 12 by daveB

For those wanting to watch the Belgium game tonight, ITV coverage now starts at 7.30 due to whats happened.

Cheers Dave
Christian Eriksen on 18:42 - Jun 12 with 2226 viewsMrSheen

Christian Eriksen on 18:23 - Jun 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don't want to make any rash statements about his chances but apparently he was conscious and responsive when he left the stadium.

Another one for your good news thread, Bazza!
Christian Eriksen on 18:57 - Jun 12 with 2089 viewsNorthernr

I hope that good news remains good. Jesus that was absolutely horrible. Sitting here watching the game by myself, half watching, half doom scrolling, and thinking to myself 'did I just see that?' at the top of the screen. In absolute pieces.

I think there needs to be some learnings for broadcasters out of this. Filming CPR, filming his wife, Jonathan Pearce trying to think of something to say and ending up talking about Marc Vivien Foe, then asking those poor bstrds in the studio to try and fill (who all did quite well with it tbh, Alex Scott with right words at the right time). Cut to a generic wide shot, put a caption on the screen, turn the sound down, and get out of the broadcast to something else asap. They apologise if we happen to hear swearing, they cut away from pitch invaders, but they film that. "Camera three, cut to a shot of the wife". Come on now.

That said, watching those medics at work, and the result they've apparently/hopefully got for Christian... my God. We chuck around 'legend' and 'hero' a lot but I am in awe of those people. Watching a football game one minute, doing that the next, and he looked absolutely gone. I'm in awe. What wonderful, wonderful, skilled, brilliant, talented people.
Christian Eriksen on 18:58 - Jun 12 with 2073 viewsPhildo

Well thank goodness - that was awful to see - credit to Alex Scott for her response - BBC getting some criticism but tough call when something like that happens live I would guess they just froze in horror
Christian Eriksen on 19:01 - Jun 12 with 2034 viewsrobith

The BBC should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

I have a couple of Danish mates and before the players made the circle, their feed cut to aerial shots. Why did we continue to show a man basically dying for 10 minutes? Close ups of his crying wife?

Abominable behaviour. I'm not that guy but it geniubely has left me wanting to cancel my license fee if that's how they want to move these day
Christian Eriksen on 19:03 - Jun 12 with 2018 viewsdanehoop

One of the many good things about the Parken Stadium where the game is being played is that it is literally next to Rigshospital which is the main hospital in Copenhagen and one of the best in the whole of Denmark. So with such quick action and the best facilities available in the country so close he should be in the best of hands.

Never knowingly understood

Christian Eriksen on 19:04 - Jun 12 with 2006 viewsdaveB

I have sympathy with the BBC for this not an easy thing to deal with, would have been in complete shock and they are not in charge of the pictures, the feed is all from UEFA so they control what you are seeing.

Not sure how BBC are doing it but know for ITV our commentators are in a Studio in Kent so very difficult if BBC are doing the same for Jonathan Pearce to know what to say when he's not there and relying on what the feed is showing him

Saying that they should have gone back to the studio a lot sooner
Christian Eriksen on 19:04 - Jun 12 with 2004 viewsNorthernr

Christian Eriksen on 19:01 - Jun 12 by robith

I have a couple of Danish mates and before the players made the circle, their feed cut to aerial shots. Why did we continue to show a man basically dying for 10 minutes? Close ups of his crying wife?

Abominable behaviour. I'm not that guy but it geniubely has left me wanting to cancel my license fee if that's how they want to move these day

They're taking an international feed, so it's the match director picking the shots and like I say there needs to be some key learnings for match directors everywhere - generic stadium shot, sound down, commentary off, caption. BBC should have cut away earlier but you don't know what they've got to cut away to, the presenter and panellists won't all be sitting in those chairs watching the game, they'll have had to get back onto set and get ready to host live TV while also dealing with the same shock we were all feeling. People do funny things in states of panic and emergency so I wouldn't be too harsh. Some of the stuff that was filmed, and the close ups and that, though, is obviously bloody wrong and shouldn't be happening.

From memory I think they stayed with the Muamba situation throughout, think that was an FA Cup game on BT.
Login to get fewer ads

Christian Eriksen on 19:06 - Jun 12 with 1985 viewsCopenranger

A few cents from a QPR-Dane watching this at a Copenhagen bar a few Ks from the venue.
Reading all of your comments is really proof, that footie is a universal language and QPR fans are amazing!
Thank you from Denmark!
Looking forward to being able to visit LR again!
Christian Eriksen on 19:07 - Jun 12 with 1969 viewsNorthernr

I don't know how legit it is but the Danish FA Twitter feed seems to be suggesting the bloody game is going to resume at 2030 and play the second half.

Speechless.
Christian Eriksen on 19:08 - Jun 12 with 1957 viewsPeterHucker

Christian Eriksen on 19:01 - Jun 12 by robith

BBC getting a lot of flak here and on social media, people do love a scapegoat.
It's not the BBC's cameramen or the BBC calling the shots of the stadium footage. They are not making the decisions on what to show. That would be a local Danish station employed by UEFA to supply footage for every country that's broadcasting it.

Maybe the BBC could've chosen to go back to the studio sooner, but if they had then I'm not sure that people wouldn't have complained that what's the point of cutting to Gary Lineker and the pundits who wouldn't have had anything particularly to say (What can anyone say?)

Fingers crossed for Eriksen of course.
Christian Eriksen on 19:08 - Jun 12 with 1953 viewsNorthernr

Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable. He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations. The match against Finland will be played tonight. This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay. The match resumes at 20.30
Christian Eriksen on 19:09 - Jun 12 with 1945 viewsrsonist

edit - crosspost
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:10]
Christian Eriksen on 19:12 - Jun 12 with 1912 viewsnumptydumpty

Keep battling Christian

Absolutely completely shocking

Shows us all how much football really doesn't matter one jot

The Bill Shankley Quote comes to mind.

In response to Shankley no it is absolutely not much more important !!!
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:15]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Christian Eriksen on 19:13 - Jun 12 with 1892 viewsNorthernr

8.30 CET, so 15 mins time. Somebody at the BBC is having a hell of an afternoon...
Christian Eriksen on 19:14 - Jun 12 with 1880 viewsrsonist

Restarting the match doesn't seem like a good idea at all, regardless of the players purported wishes to do so right now.
Christian Eriksen on 19:15 - Jun 12 with 1876 viewsdanehoop

Christian Eriksen on 19:08 - Jun 12 by Northernr

Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable. He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations. The match against Finland will be played tonight. This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay. The match resumes at 20.30

Think that someone in UEFA seriously needs to be twa tt ed for that decision. No way that the game should be replayed tonight. None of the Danish team will genuinely be in a good frame of mind over something that traumatising. disgraceful.

My son was born at Rigshospital and it is genuinely a superb facility. Danish healthcare system is amazingly high quality for things like this.

Never knowingly understood

Christian Eriksen on 19:16 - Jun 12 with 1861 viewsToast_R

Kudos to the players for getting back out there later.
Christian Eriksen on 19:18 - Jun 12 with 1844 viewsdaveB

Christian Eriksen on 19:15 - Jun 12 by danehoop

Think that someone in UEFA seriously needs to be twa tt ed for that decision. No way that the game should be replayed tonight. None of the Danish team will genuinely be in a good frame of mind over something that traumatising. disgraceful.

My son was born at Rigshospital and it is genuinely a superb facility. Danish healthcare system is amazingly high quality for things like this.

it's the players decision
Christian Eriksen on 19:19 - Jun 12 with 1840 viewsrsonist

Part of me doesn't want to like, police the trauma (or lack thereof?) of elite sportsmen weirdos... but UEFA ought to have a overruling care of duty here.
Christian Eriksen on 19:21 - Jun 12 with 1814 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I'd imagine the players would have been consulted tbf. I'd say that it's good news and means that Erikson is stable.

Glad I didn't see it live mind...

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Christian Eriksen on 19:23 - Jun 12 with 1803 viewsPhildo

Finnish crowd gave the flags that were used as screens , Danish players in bits forming a shield ,ref was outstandingly quick crowd behaving so well a lot to praise today as well and of course for the many millionth time recently the medical profession are absolute stars
Christian Eriksen on 19:25 - Jun 12 with 1771 viewsrobith

Christian Eriksen on 19:08 - Jun 12 by PeterHucker

BBC getting a lot of flak here and on social media, people do love a scapegoat.
It's not the BBC's cameramen or the BBC calling the shots of the stadium footage. They are not making the decisions on what to show. That would be a local Danish station employed by UEFA to supply footage for every country that's broadcasting it.

Maybe the BBC could've chosen to go back to the studio sooner, but if they had then I'm not sure that people wouldn't have complained that what's the point of cutting to Gary Lineker and the pundits who wouldn't have had anything particularly to say (What can anyone say?)

Fingers crossed for Eriksen of course.

I didnt blame the cameras on the BBC

But other markets did otherwise. And tbh that no one went "pull it" is a huge failing, especially after for so so long. I was watching it in the pub and they pulled the plug.

I just don't buy they had no choice but to show that for over 10 minutes
Christian Eriksen on 19:28 - Jun 12 with 1731 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To be fair to the BBC they don’t have control of the cameraman and international feed, however they can affect their own second layer video and sound coverage which was appalling.

Looks like it’s going in a positive direction. I’m going to presume that the decision to resume is because the prognosis is great.

As Snipper and others will know and experience that scenario is a regular occurrence on the Underground and people’s behaviour always used to astound me. I’ve seen people roll their eyes when you tell them to leave a train as someone gets their chest pumped five foot away. I always wondered if they got home and hated themselves for it.

Norf is right, legends.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 19:32]
Christian Eriksen on 19:28 - Jun 12 with 1729 viewsbosh67

Remarkable work by the medical team. Fingers crossed that Christian makes a full recovery. Very brave of the teams to decide to play the rest of the game. Not sure I would be able to do it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024