Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Eriksen 17:48 - Jun 12 with 13737 viewsRs_Holy

This does not look good
Christian Eriksen on 21:32 - Jun 12 with 2701 viewsGloryHunter

Christian Eriksen on 21:26 - Jun 12 by DubaiR

Not a very tasteful joke

Sorry. I will check with you and Buzsaky for approval before I attempt to post any more humorous content. Gotta keep things miserable.
Christian Eriksen on 21:56 - Jun 12 with 2575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Apparently defibrillators weren’t even compulsory in International matches pre 2012.

Could you imagine the ramifications of that was the case today and they didn’t have any.
Christian Eriksen on 22:09 - Jun 12 with 2518 viewsrobith

Christian Eriksen on 21:06 - Jun 12 by QPROslo

You could of just turned it off. It was terrible to watch. There had been a number of times play had been stopped with Finns colliding into each other, and 2 who had facial injuries patched up. Players had already called for medical help for one of these, so initially I assumed Ericksen had got a knock too, but the demands for assistance and the stricken expressions on the faces of both sides told that this one was really serious

I was in a beer garden with a giant screen so I couldn't.

The venue pulled the plug on the screen before the bee did though
Christian Eriksen on 22:27 - Jun 12 with 2452 viewskensalriser

Crazy decision to continue the game, how were the Danish players in any state to make that call?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Christian Eriksen on 22:27 - Jun 12 with 2451 viewsdaveB

Christian Eriksen on 20:31 - Jun 12 by GloryHunter

ITV's advertisers must be peed off. Everyone has been watching BBC until now. Wonder if they'll get a refund?

what the advertisers pay is heavily linked to how many people watch so if ratings were lower than expected for the build up they'd pay less although I don't think the predictive audience for this game would have been massive
Christian Eriksen on 22:36 - Jun 12 with 2391 viewsMrSheen

Christian Eriksen on 21:56 - Jun 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Apparently defibrillators weren’t even compulsory in International matches pre 2012.

Could you imagine the ramifications of that was the case today and they didn’t have any.

I’m not sure that the defibrillators worked with Muamba and it was only people blowing oxygen into him that kept him alive - I could be wrong. When I was coaching rugby we were all made to learn CPR, I only hope no-one is ever relying on me to save them.
Christian Eriksen on 22:51 - Jun 12 with 2336 viewsNorthernr

Christian Eriksen on 22:27 - Jun 12 by kensalriser

Crazy decision to continue the game, how were the Danish players in any state to make that call?

The post match interviews, and maybe this is getting lost in translation or lacking context, seem to be suggesting Denmark were given a choice of playing it tonight or tomorrow lunchtime. Pretty despicable if true, and to them immediately start peddling it as the players’ choice.
Christian Eriksen on 23:25 - Jun 12 with 2208 viewsBlackCrowe

When has UEFA ever submitted to players? Even if if true, the match should've been scratched and rescheduled. UEFA had a chance to show humanity and responsibility and care for the wider game...and took the easy option.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 23:28]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Christian Eriksen on 23:46 - Jun 12 with 2139 viewsdanehoop

Christian Eriksen on 23:25 - Jun 12 by BlackCrowe

When has UEFA ever submitted to players? Even if if true, the match should've been scratched and rescheduled. UEFA had a chance to show humanity and responsibility and care for the wider game...and took the easy option.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 23:28]

Thus as it ever was....

Simple reality is that traumatised people dont necessarily know they have been effected and their decision making can be and often is compromised. There was no need to consult, the game should have been abandoned and rescheduled a day or two later - provided medical professionals agreed that it was appropriate.

Never knowingly understood

Christian Eriksen on 00:17 - Jun 13 with 2066 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Somebody mentioned the Danish Captain started CPR immediately on arriving and kept him from swallowing his tongue .If that is the case I hope he gets to lift the Cup at the end because its bigger than a game and shows what a person he is .
I did not see it yet just reading this thread but once it became apparent he was in bad shape they should have cut away IMO.
Praying for CE a class player
Christian Eriksen on 00:30 - Jun 13 with 2035 viewsLoftgirl

Christian Eriksen on 19:06 - Jun 12 by Copenranger

A few cents from a QPR-Dane watching this at a Copenhagen bar a few Ks from the venue.
Reading all of your comments is really proof, that footie is a universal language and QPR fans are amazing!
Thank you from Denmark!
Looking forward to being able to visit LR again!

You'll be welcome anytime.
Christian Eriksen on 00:34 - Jun 13 with 2028 viewsessextaxiboy

Christian Eriksen on 21:06 - Jun 12 by QPROslo

You could of just turned it off. It was terrible to watch. There had been a number of times play had been stopped with Finns colliding into each other, and 2 who had facial injuries patched up. Players had already called for medical help for one of these, so initially I assumed Ericksen had got a knock too, but the demands for assistance and the stricken expressions on the faces of both sides told that this one was really serious

It could be turned off , and the BBC couldhave pulled the plug , but the host broadcaster would still have chosen to show a young man fighting for life while his partner and mother of his kids looked on
.After showing such poor judgment they should never direct a live event again IMO
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 0:36]
Christian Eriksen on 00:53 - Jun 13 with 1994 viewsLythamR

Christian Eriksen on 00:34 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

It could be turned off , and the BBC couldhave pulled the plug , but the host broadcaster would still have chosen to show a young man fighting for life while his partner and mother of his kids looked on
.After showing such poor judgment they should never direct a live event again IMO

Its quite incredible that he is alive, huge respect to the medics.
It was 4 minutes between the paramedic starting CPR and the point they started putting screens round with CPR still going on. you dont often get a positive outcome after such a long time, when they went back to the studio I was convinced he was gone as I think were most of the danish team and people in the stands.

I thought the Danish and Finnish supporters in the stadium were fantastic and the studio team did well.
Christian Eriksen on 08:53 - Jun 13 with 1690 viewsDubaiR

The guy almost died on the pitch, making a joke of it is poor taste.
Christian Eriksen on 09:04 - Jun 13 with 1660 viewsconnell10

His fitness would help him , most people would have died .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Christian Eriksen on 09:07 - Jun 13 with 1643 viewsdistortR

Christian Eriksen on 23:46 - Jun 12 by danehoop

Thus as it ever was....

Simple reality is that traumatised people dont necessarily know they have been effected and their decision making can be and often is compromised. There was no need to consult, the game should have been abandoned and rescheduled a day or two later - provided medical professionals agreed that it was appropriate.

yes, and there will have been a lot of adrenalin during the whole saga, I imagine when that passed the players were absolutely exhausted.
Christian Eriksen on 09:25 - Jun 13 with 1599 viewsdenhamhoop2

Christian Eriksen on 00:17 - Jun 13 by CLAREMAN1995

Somebody mentioned the Danish Captain started CPR immediately on arriving and kept him from swallowing his tongue .If that is the case I hope he gets to lift the Cup at the end because its bigger than a game and shows what a person he is .
I did not see it yet just reading this thread but once it became apparent he was in bad shape they should have cut away IMO.
Praying for CE a class player

Then apparently took the time to arrange the human shield to protect his team mates dignity who was fighting for his life then took time out to console Eriksen's wife and stop her from seeing what was happening to him. Contrast him and his actions to the TV Executives who continued cover car crash TV and the UEFA officials who gave both shell shocked teams the option to play later in the day or today rather than just scrub the game(Call it 0 0 would be amazed if anyone questioned this). The players are not the biggest problem in football but those who run the game where money and media coverage dictate everything
Christian Eriksen on 09:30 - Jun 13 with 1582 viewsgobbles

.dp
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 9:31]
Christian Eriksen on 09:32 - Jun 13 with 1572 viewsgobbles

Christian Eriksen on 09:04 - Jun 13 by connell10

His fitness would help him , most people would have died .

Do you even know why he collapsed?
Christian Eriksen on 09:50 - Jun 13 with 1521 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Christian Eriksen on 00:34 - Jun 13 by essextaxiboy

From a broadcast compliance point of view it was absolutely the wrong thing to do for the BBC to continue showing the events on the pitch. I can see them getting into serious trouble with Ofcom over this as undoubtedly there will be complaints from viewers. Regardless of whether the feed was being provided by an external source, they as the broadcaster have the power to cut the feed and choose an unambiguous shot of the ground or even better go back to the studio until they know the outcome. Audience expectation for a football match is not that you'll witness a young man fighting for his life. The BBC are very lucky indeed that Eriksen did not pass away on live TV, but even this was unacceptable.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 10:00]
Christian Eriksen on 12:09 - Jun 13 with 1324 viewsloftboy

Christian Eriksen on 09:50 - Jun 13 by Orthodox_Hoop

From a broadcast compliance point of view it was absolutely the wrong thing to do for the BBC to continue showing the events on the pitch. I can see them getting into serious trouble with Ofcom over this as undoubtedly there will be complaints from viewers. Regardless of whether the feed was being provided by an external source, they as the broadcaster have the power to cut the feed and choose an unambiguous shot of the ground or even better go back to the studio until they know the outcome. Audience expectation for a football match is not that you'll witness a young man fighting for his life. The BBC are very lucky indeed that Eriksen did not pass away on live TV, but even this was unacceptable.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 10:00]

Or you could have turned it over or off as a secondary option.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Christian Eriksen on 12:16 - Jun 13 with 1308 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Christian Eriksen on 12:09 - Jun 13 by loftboy

Or you could have turned it over or off as a secondary option.

Indeed. However, it's pretty hard to turn the TV off if you're in the garden having a BBQ let's say, oblivious to what's going on while your 10 year footie mad kid is in front of the TV transfixed with the images of a man literally dying. Unless you've got some sort of magical TV that can filter what they're watching for you.
Christian Eriksen on 16:33 - Jun 13 with 1158 viewsloftboy

Christian Eriksen on 12:16 - Jun 13 by Orthodox_Hoop

Indeed. However, it's pretty hard to turn the TV off if you're in the garden having a BBQ let's say, oblivious to what's going on while your 10 year footie mad kid is in front of the TV transfixed with the images of a man literally dying. Unless you've got some sort of magical TV that can filter what they're watching for you.

I do agree that the incident shouldn’t have been shown, was just suggesting a secondary opinion

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Christian Eriksen on 17:58 - Jun 13 with 1079 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Christian Eriksen on 09:32 - Jun 13 by gobbles

Do you even know why he collapsed?

3 questions if anybody could answer please .
1.When was his last physical including heart scans etc.
2.Are all professional Athletes subjected to annual physicals or with the Euros and WC played in heat are they checked out beforehand.
3.Most important does anybody know if Christian Eriksen had Covid because studies show heart issues even with athletes even in that shape.Most US sports require a heart scan before they clear their players who contracted Covid.
Again fair play to his captain and team hope they recover and make a run and CE gets fully healthy
Christian Eriksen on 18:20 - Jun 13 with 1021 viewsCopenranger

I'll try to answer a few of your questions.
According to Danish media:
- Yes, the players were given the choice to finish the game or play at 12 today. According to our national coach, the players couldn't stand the thought of going back to a hotel, have a sleepless night and finish the game today. They just wanted to get it over with..
- He has not had C19 and was not vaccinated.
- His former physician (I think from Tottenham) has said, that there have never been any issues or concerns related to his heart or functions related to that.
-His condition is stable and he's been in contact with the team on video chat. He even smiled and said something like: You all probably have it worse than me, I feel like I should be on my way to the training pitch..
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 19:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024