Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten 20:48 - Jun 15 with 6521 viewsqprxtc

QPR 3 Luton 2

1980/81. Superb game an Barry Silkman was a genius. Still one of favourite games ever.

Especially as I think the home game before was one of the worst, a 0-1 home defeat by Wrexham. Soon followed by a godawful 0-0 draw on a bollick freezing day at home to Shrewsbury.

That Luton game was magnificent. And I was on the Loft with the Luton fans when we changed ends that season. Hated the West terrace. Stood there once against Bolton when Langley scored after ten seconds. Hated it. Wrong end and too small.

Boomshanka
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:19 - Jun 17 with 1186 viewsMrSheen

Something similar, QPR 3 Newcastle 0, 1995. All the goals in the first 20 minutes, we shredded them. At the end of the season, they took Les and became title contenders. As for us…

Wow, the past is another country. Just had a look at the teams and there were 19 English players, 2 Welshmen and a Swiss (Hottiger).
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 19:24]
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:25 - Jun 17 with 1173 viewsqpr_1968

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:17 - Jun 17 by qprxtc

We went up to Blackpool on the Thursday before the game and went back after. It was bloody cold but somehow after we had that warm Ready Brek glow of alcohol and a superb Rangers performance to see us through the night.

Reminds me of when we played man city away, last game of the season, early to mid 90's, beat them 3-2.
lsa ran coaches to blackpool overnight for that one as well,most of my family went on them, my niece chaperoned all the kids, i went up with the lsa on another coach, day of game because of work.....still worth it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:26 - Jun 17 with 1167 viewsqprxtc

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:19 - Jun 17 by MrSheen

Something similar, QPR 3 Newcastle 0, 1995. All the goals in the first 20 minutes, we shredded them. At the end of the season, they took Les and became title contenders. As for us…

Wow, the past is another country. Just had a look at the teams and there were 19 English players, 2 Welshmen and a Swiss (Hottiger).
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 19:24]

Great performer. My memory of that day is trying to drum up a very quiet Rangers support,this geordies never shut up.

I was in the back row of the South Africa Road block next to Upper Loft and was banging on the sheet of metal behind me and singing all the songs. We were 3-0 up at home.

Kept going for ages until a steward came up and told me to stop as people were getting annoyed with the noise. While 3,000 Geordies kept banging on.

Rangers fans. Passionate about being quietly passionate.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:29 - Jun 17 with 1153 viewsdaveB

Links to a couple of games mentioned, you can find loads more on my youtube channel, enjoy before the copyright police take them down

www.youtube.com/c/QueensParkRangersMemories

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:30 - Jun 17 with 1150 viewsqprxtc

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:25 - Jun 17 by qpr_1968

Reminds me of when we played man city away, last game of the season, early to mid 90's, beat them 3-2.
lsa ran coaches to blackpool overnight for that one as well,most of my family went on them, my niece chaperoned all the kids, i went up with the lsa on another coach, day of game because of work.....still worth it.

Jesus, We need a miracle!!

John Burridge, in his seventies and still doing handstands.

It all went to shit after that day.🥴
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:10 - Jun 17 with 1104 viewsManinBlack

I seem to recall we won 3-0 at City in another end of season game if my memory is working well.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:17 - Jun 17 with 1097 viewsted_hendrix

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:51 - Jun 15 by ted_hendrix

QPR 5 Birmingham 2, 1970 Rodney's third goal was ridiculously gorgeous, a superb hat-trick.

I'd forgotten about the 4-4 at Port fail, you just had to be there.

Found it October 1970; Oh Rodney,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:26 - Jun 17 with 1088 viewsManinBlack

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 18:33 - Jun 17 by Hayesender

Everton 0 rangers 3, Bradley Allen hattrick.

Could/should have been 6 or 7.

Even their fans applauded us off

Yes some people are never satisfied like me. Rather than being happy we won playing so well, I was miffed it wasn't 6. I kept saying that if Everton had been in our shoes they would have won 6-0 and why were we so charitable letting them off a thrashing? I should know that charity is what we do.

I think I was affected by watching us win 3-0 at Newcastle in 1978 when we were awful which made 3-0 at Everton when brilliant appear disappointing. Also throw in the 4-0 and 5-1 home defeats to Everton in the 70's then to me 3-0 was not good enough to avenge this.

To this day I am still gutted we let a 5-1 masterclass at Everton become 5-3 in the last few minutes making it look close whilst Norwich won 5-1 at Goodison. Those two late conceded goals annoyed me for years until City came along to usurp them.

The trouble with being a perfectionist...
Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:53 - Jun 17 with 1051 viewsMrSheen

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:26 - Jun 17 by ManinBlack

Yes some people are never satisfied like me. Rather than being happy we won playing so well, I was miffed it wasn't 6. I kept saying that if Everton had been in our shoes they would have won 6-0 and why were we so charitable letting them off a thrashing? I should know that charity is what we do.

I think I was affected by watching us win 3-0 at Newcastle in 1978 when we were awful which made 3-0 at Everton when brilliant appear disappointing. Also throw in the 4-0 and 5-1 home defeats to Everton in the 70's then to me 3-0 was not good enough to avenge this.

To this day I am still gutted we let a 5-1 masterclass at Everton become 5-3 in the last few minutes making it look close whilst Norwich won 5-1 at Goodison. Those two late conceded goals annoyed me for years until City came along to usurp them.

The trouble with being a perfectionist...

You’re right, I’m still sick at Wegerle blasting over the bar late in the 1-4 at Old Trafford.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:56 - Jun 17 with 1049 viewsManinBlack

Mr Sheen - me too. Should have been 5.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:02 - Jun 17 with 1037 viewsqprxtc

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:53 - Jun 17 by MrSheen

You’re right, I’m still sick at Wegerle blasting over the bar late in the 1-4 at Old Trafford.

I don’t think I’ve ever been so pissed off after a win as at Everton in 1993 when we were 5-1 up with ten minutes left. And won 5-3.

I was raging like we lost. 5-1 up!! You idiots that would have made up for 1977 at our place!! Bah.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:05 - Jun 17 with 1033 viewsManinBlack

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:17 - Jun 17 by CamberleyR

They showed it in most regions but bizarrely with a London team featuring, London Weekend didn't. Where I lived in Camberley at the time you could get both the London and Meridian/Southern television ITV channels so fortunately (well, until the last five minutes), caught it.

I was unfortunate or was it fortunate to be at my parents in Derby and the Vale game was live there as Stoke only 35 miles away. 65 minutes and it was unfortunate but just glad I stayed with it to the end.

What is weird is that the three occasions I have seen us live away at my parents place we won 4-1 at Man Utd, drew 4-4 at Port Vale and won 4-2 at Derby. A 100% record of scoring 4 each time away. Sadly parents now gone so I won't be in that Derby house ever again...
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:06 - Jun 17 with 1026 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 18:33 - Jun 17 by Hayesender

Everton 0 rangers 3, Bradley Allen hattrick.

Could/should have been 6 or 7.

Even their fans applauded us off

Not sure it was forgotten by anyone who witnessed it, but great shout.

Incredible all-round team display. Every single player was 7/8 out of 10. We toyed with them. Allen got a hat-trick, Wilkins got MOTM, but Wilson was a step above anything I've ever seen from a Rangers full back or maybe any position come to that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:08 - Jun 17 with 1025 viewsManinBlack

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:02 - Jun 17 by qprxtc

I don’t think I’ve ever been so pissed off after a win as at Everton in 1993 when we were 5-1 up with ten minutes left. And won 5-3.

I was raging like we lost. 5-1 up!! You idiots that would have made up for 1977 at our place!! Bah.

Yes I was seething just like that. I think it was worse as the two conceded were from the 87th minute. I am sure it was still 5-1 with 5 minutes to go.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:36 - Jun 17 with 997 viewsnumptydumpty

I think the score was Villa 1 QPR 3.

Hat trick right foot left foot header by Trevor Francis

Was only with us for short period. So never really mentioned fondly but on his day was total quality, this was one of those days ...

I wasn't there but it was away game my memory fails me....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:52 - Jun 17 with 985 viewsloftboy

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:36 - Jun 17 by numptydumpty

I think the score was Villa 1 QPR 3.

Hat trick right foot left foot header by Trevor Francis

Was only with us for short period. So never really mentioned fondly but on his day was total quality, this was one of those days ...

I wasn't there but it was away game my memory fails me....

I was there, he subbed himself near the end and actually got applauded by the Villa fans.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:56 - Jun 17 with 927 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:17 - Jun 17 by ted_hendrix

Found it October 1970; Oh Rodney,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Oh those hypnotic hoops!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 00:33 - Jun 18 with 875 viewsqueensparker

3-2 beating Liverpool at home in 1989, Falco with a quality winner.

Beating Liverpool in those days was a massive result, they’d ruled the roost for ages, and we did it in style. From memory it was deep in the inflatable banana era, a remember a blow up doll bouncing around the Loft that day.

Football was on its arse back then as well, plastics didn’t exist, if you were there you were there!

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 01:25 - Jun 18 with 865 viewsnumptydumpty

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 00:33 - Jun 18 by queensparker

Beating Liverpool in those days was a massive result, they’d ruled the roost for ages, and we did it in style. From memory it was deep in the inflatable banana era, a remember a blow up doll bouncing around the Loft that day.

Football was on its arse back then as well, plastics didn’t exist, if you were there you were there!

Great game. Was in East paddock could hardly see much that was going on but falco putting us 3 1 up. Couldn't believe what was going on. Somehow we held on. Sad man that I was then bought the VHS video and freeze framed after falco scored and me andmate went with faces in contorted ecstasy....🤣🤣🤣

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 02:46 - Jun 18 with 852 viewsSydneyRs

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 00:33 - Jun 18 by queensparker

Turned up with mates not realising it was al ticket and couldn't find any touts offering a reasonable price. Ended up drinking in the Springbok instead.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 08:10 - Jun 18 with 809 viewsloftus77

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:02 - Jun 17 by qprxtc

Yep - isn't that funny that so many of us felt like that? I was really annoyed despite a superb performance and result. All I could think about was Bob Latchford...

Stuart Barlow was it???
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 10:16 - Jun 18 with 756 viewsCamberleyR

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 08:10 - Jun 18 by loftus77

Yep - isn't that funny that so many of us felt like that? I was really annoyed despite a superb performance and result. All I could think about was Bob Latchford...

Stuart Barlow was it???

Barlow got one of their consolations, Preki got their third in the last minute.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 15:25 - Jun 18 with 676 viewsThe_Beast1976

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:29 - Jun 17 by daveB

Links to a couple of games mentioned, you can find loads more on my youtube channel, enjoy before the copyright police take them down

www.youtube.com/c/QueensParkRangersMemories

Brilliant clips. Brings back fond memories. Attended most of them. Thanks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024