Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten 20:48 - Jun 15 with 6522 viewsqprxtc

QPR 3 Luton 2

1980/81. Superb game an Barry Silkman was a genius. Still one of favourite games ever.

Especially as I think the home game before was one of the worst, a 0-1 home defeat by Wrexham. Soon followed by a godawful 0-0 draw on a bollick freezing day at home to Shrewsbury.

That Luton game was magnificent. And I was on the Loft with the Luton fans when we changed ends that season. Hated the West terrace. Stood there once against Bolton when Langley scored after ten seconds. Hated it. Wrong end and too small.

Boomshanka
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 21:58 - Jun 16 with 1443 viewsMrSheen

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:59 - Jun 16 by qpr_1968

was that a friday night when only 10,000 turned up for whatever reason, or am i thinking of another man utd fixture at our ground.

Not sure what day of the week, but it was postponed early because one side was still in the Cup and then again because of Hillsborough so nothing on it when it finally came around. You’re right, fewer than 10,000 in the ground, and I bet Jim Leighton wished he had stayed away as well.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:06 - Jun 16 with 1428 viewsRangersw12

Spurs 3-1 89/90 season ( my first game)

Leeds 4-1 in 91/92 season

Newcastle 3-0 94/95

Coventry 5- 1 93/94
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:14 - Jun 16 with 1410 viewshoopsa

Fulham away on St Patrick's day 2018. Brilliant come back. Excellent piss up.

Sealed the decision to go to Reading away. 🙄
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:28 - Jun 16 with 1392 viewsnumptydumpty

Qpr 2 Leeds 0

Strachan sent off. Found that hilarious. Totally undeserved.

Everton 3 QPR 5

Wasn't there but Les second hatrick in two days ie Easter weekend fixtures. We eased off, were 5 1 up. Everton fans applauding us. Think at that time we were best team in the land for couple months.

Qpr 4 Everton 2

Neville Southall Paul rideout sent off in first half.
Shortly after half time we were 3 up only be pegged back 2 goals by Everton until sinton got forth and his own personal hatrick.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:05 - Jun 16 with 1348 viewsSydneyRs

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 14:45 - Jun 16 by themodfather

qpr 3 burnley 2, 1983, we were 2-0 down at h/t , in the heavy rain, trevor steven ran us ragged and we turned it around,
arsenal 0 qpr 2, 84 ian stewart curled in a beauty
charlton 1 qpr 3 82? they have the danish fella who was top player, we have micklewhite scoring an overhead kick and 1000s there

That Burnley game is significant for me. That was the first season I went to all home games and that game was the first I attended. At the time I thought all seasons would be like that one!

I think the Charlton player was Alan Simonsen? I remember them signing him and everyone wondering how as they were pretty skint.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:15 - Jun 16 with 1332 viewsSK_hoops

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:51 - Jun 15 by ted_hendrix

QPR 5 Birmingham 2, 1970 Rodney's third goal was ridiculously gorgeous, a superb hat-trick.

I'd forgotten about the 4-4 at Port fail, you just had to be there.

They were supposed to show that Port Vale game on TV, but showed a baywatch repeat instead.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:18 - Jun 16 with 1330 viewsHantsR

Southampton 1 QPR 2 1992 - Sinton and Justin Channing. We played so well and got 2 great goals. I don't know if that's been forgotten? I certainly haven't.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:41 - Jun 16 with 1310 viewscaliforniahoop

Newcastle 5-5
First game on Astroturf against Luton 1-2
Bolton 1-3 Worthington scoring a half volley against Parkes
West Ham forged tickets 3-1
Reading 4-1
Blackpool 5-0 hot 🥵
Last one either against West Ham or Fulham Currie and Bowles 3-0, old memory is going
Login to get fewer ads

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:44 - Jun 16 with 1309 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:18 - Jun 16 by HantsR

Southampton 1 QPR 2 1992 - Sinton and Justin Channing. We played so well and got 2 great goals. I don't know if that's been forgotten? I certainly haven't.

Good call. I can't remember seeing this before. Great intent from the start.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 01:02 - Jun 17 with 1273 viewsSydneyRs

Not forgotten I guess, but West Ham 0 QPR 3 on the opening day of the 87/88 season in blazing sunshine and also the FA cup game v them with the overdrowding, David Pizanti's superb goal and a 3-1 win.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:17 - Jun 17 with 1225 viewsCamberleyR

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:15 - Jun 16 by SK_hoops

They were supposed to show that Port Vale game on TV, but showed a baywatch repeat instead.

They showed it in most regions but bizarrely with a London team featuring, London Weekend didn't. Where I lived in Camberley at the time you could get both the London and Meridian/Southern television ITV channels so fortunately (well, until the last five minutes), caught it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:48 - Jun 17 with 1198 viewsThe_Beast1976

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:18 - Jun 16 by HantsR

I was at this one. It's one of my all time favourite away games. Sunny day, M3 absolutely heaving on the way down. Great times
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:50 - Jun 17 with 1197 viewsThe_Beast1976

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 22:28 - Jun 16 by numptydumpty

Qpr 2 Leeds 0

Strachan sent off. Found that hilarious. Totally undeserved.

Everton 3 QPR 5

Wasn't there but Les second hatrick in two days ie Easter weekend fixtures. We eased off, were 5 1 up. Everton fans applauding us. Think at that time we were best team in the land for couple months.

Qpr 4 Everton 2

Neville Southall Paul rideout sent off in first half.
Shortly after half time we were 3 up only be pegged back 2 goals by Everton until sinton got forth and his own personal hatrick.

Was also at all 3 of these (and also the Forest game at home, where Les got another hat-trick, just before or after the Everton away game). What an away day the Everton game was. Scintillating from Rangers. What a team we had then.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 07:55 - Jun 17 with 1194 viewsPinnerPaul

Although I have contributed, this thread is a little oxymoronic.

There you go that's your English lesson for the morning!
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 09:28 - Jun 17 with 1160 viewsW7Ranger

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 15:13 - Jun 16 by Snipper

QPR 4 Leeds 1 in the last season before football officially existed. We absolutely hammered the eventual champions. I was a pitch side steward at the loft end that night. I thought Clive Wilson’s penalty was going to hit me, so I cowered.

We were unplayable that night. Totally destroyed them. The build up to Bradley's goal...
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 09:43 - Jun 17 with 1149 viewsloftboy

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 16:59 - Jun 16 by qpr_1968

was that a friday night when only 10,000 turned up for whatever reason, or am i thinking of another man utd fixture at our ground.

It was a Saturday but there was a tube strike …………. I think.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 09:49 - Jun 17 with 1143 viewswillis1980

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 20:13 - Jun 16 by DWQPR

QPR 3-2 Leicester, in 2004 after being 2 down. And the same result again against the same team in 2014 when I think that between the two teams there was 49 attempts at goal according to the BBC

not quite as brilliant but away to leicester in 2007 when Nygaard of all people scored a 30 yard screamer wasnt too shabby
[Post edited 17 Jun 2021 13:50]
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 11:22 - Jun 17 with 1080 viewsSuperhoop83

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 09:43 - Jun 17 by loftboy

It was a Saturday but there was a tube strike …………. I think.

It was on Monday 8th May.

Having looked at United's fixtures, they played Everton 2 days later and the season was due to end the following Saturday so Monday was probably the only day that worked.

I'm available for parties..

Suffering since 1978.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 11:54 - Jun 17 with 1047 viewsTomS

I recall this match, which should meet the criteria. It was during Magilton's purple patch in September '09, with Ben Watson pulling the strings in midfield and featured an Akos worldy. Enjoy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Qpr+5+Barnsley+2+2009&sxsrf=ALeKk00r05Vqmb5Z
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 12:17 - Jun 17 with 1009 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 11:54 - Jun 17 by TomS

I recall this match, which should meet the criteria. It was during Magilton's purple patch in September '09, with Ben Watson pulling the strings in midfield and featured an Akos worldy. Enjoy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Qpr+5+Barnsley+2+2009&sxsrf=ALeKk00r05Vqmb5Z

Good one. I think this is the one you mean. QPR 5-2 Barnsley. With a screamer by Buszaky!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 18:33 - Jun 17 with 896 viewsHayesender

Everton 0 rangers 3, Bradley Allen hattrick.

Could/should have been 6 or 7.

Even their fans applauded us off

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:08 - Jun 17 with 880 viewsqprxtc

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 18:33 - Jun 17 by Hayesender

Dave, that is quite possibly the best QPR team performance I have ever witnessed live. We were f ucking brilliant start to finish.

It should be shown as example of what a great team can achieve when in top of their shit. Away from home and absolutely giving it to the home side. But dey do do don’t dey do.

Three days later in Swindon…….

F uck those XTC c unts.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:14 - Jun 17 with 868 viewsqpr_1968

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 18:33 - Jun 17 by Hayesender

great result, and a great day out.
went with the lsa for this one......can't remember where we stopped off for a light ale.
lovely sitting in the that old wooden stand high up behind the goal.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:17 - Jun 17 with 862 viewsqprxtc

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:14 - Jun 17 by qpr_1968

great result, and a great day out.
went with the lsa for this one......can't remember where we stopped off for a light ale.
lovely sitting in the that old wooden stand high up behind the goal.

We went up to Blackpool on the Thursday before the game and went back after. It was bloody cold but somehow after we had that warm Ready Brek glow of alcohol and a superb Rangers performance to see us through the night.
Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 19:18 - Jun 17 with 860 viewsqpr_1968

Brilliant QPR games that have been forgotten on 23:44 - Jun 16 by CliveWilsonSaid

Good call. I can't remember seeing this before. Great intent from the start.

went to this one overnight.
day of the game went into a pub right near the ground at opening time.
rammed with qpr after an hour of opening.....The Winston, it was called.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024