Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Mariner RIP 08:34 - Jul 10 with 2012 viewsflynnbo

https://twitter.com/Paul_Mariner?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5
Paul Mariner RIP on 08:44 - Jul 10 with 1965 viewsRangersDave

saw him play a few times at the 'citidel du football' (HQ), and liked him a lot.

R.I.P. mate

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Paul Mariner RIP on 08:53 - Jul 10 with 1927 viewsKensal_Ranger

R.I.P.
https://paulmariner.com/
Paul Mariner RIP on 08:57 - Jul 10 with 1887 viewsDiscodroids

One of the finest all round Centre forwards of the early 80's.

At a time when England were blessed to have many such players, he was one of the very best.

Loved watching him on the 'big match' sunday lunchtimes as a kid in that Superb Ipswich team slaying all before them to the commentary of Gerry Harrson.

RIP Paul.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Paul Mariner RIP on 09:03 - Jul 10 with 1884 viewsqprxtc

Wonderful football player. Sad news.

My family remember how he and Plymouth tore us apart one night in 1973.
Paul Mariner RIP on 09:07 - Jul 10 with 1871 viewsbosh67

Very sad and not old. Great player and ambassador for the game. RIP

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paul Mariner RIP on 09:09 - Jul 10 with 1870 views80s_Boy

You've only got to read the tributes already on Twitter from fans/players at every club he played at to see how respected he was.

Was incredibly unlucky to have that ridiculously long baren spell with England but Sir Bobby knew he was worth keeping him in the team.

RIP
Paul Mariner RIP on 09:20 - Jul 10 with 1832 viewsenfieldargh

Paul Mariner RIP on 09:03 - Jul 10 by qprxtc

Yes remember that game I was stunned that little Plymouth destroyed us.

We were flying high in the top division with almost a full strength side. We only used 18 players that season.

RIP Paul Mariner, super centre forward

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Paul Mariner RIP on 09:36 - Jul 10 with 1791 viewsterryb

Paul Mariner RIP on 09:03 - Jul 10 by qprxtc

RIP Paul. Ipswich will be a very sad place today.

I did meet him a couple of times when Kevin Beattie brought a lot of the players to the Belstead Arms, but I didn't get to know him & I hadn't realised that he was part of that Plymouth team. The game was during the three day week & the club used a generator so it could be played in the evening. That was worth it!
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Mariner RIP on 09:40 - Jul 10 with 1773 viewsdistortR

RIP, integral member of a team that gave us all hope
Paul Mariner RIP on 09:43 - Jul 10 with 1768 viewsRs_Holy

RIP… part of the 82 World Cup team … thanks for the memories big fella
Paul Mariner RIP on 09:46 - Jul 10 with 1762 viewsfrancisbowles

Paul Mariner RIP on 09:36 - Jul 10 by terryb

RIP Paul. Ipswich will be a very sad place today.

I did meet him a couple of times when Kevin Beattie brought a lot of the players to the Belstead Arms, but I didn't get to know him & I hadn't realised that he was part of that Plymouth team. The game was during the three day week & the club used a generator so it could be played in the evening. That was worth it!

Sad news. Like you Terry, I remember that game and the 3-0 defeat but hadn't realised the great Paul Mariner was against us. We had beaten Sheffield Wednesday 8-2 in the previous round!

Remember him well though for his performances in that very good Ipswich team and England.
Paul Mariner RIP on 09:48 - Jul 10 with 1757 viewsLythamR

R.I.P. A very decent player who flourished in a very good team and I cant recall anything unpleasant in his actions, Tough but fair.
Paul Mariner RIP on 09:59 - Jul 10 with 1729 viewsLeedsR

RIP Paul Mariner. Scored the only goal in the first England match I was allowed to stay up to watch, England v Hungary at Wembley in 1981. Hard, combative, not short of quality and above all effective. A real figure from my childhood, another one passing on.

68, way too soon. Condolences to his family and friends.
Paul Mariner RIP on 11:06 - Jul 10 with 1605 viewsBoston

Aw bollocks, what a shame. Chatted with him on a number of occasions, even took the piss out of his (lack of) bike riding skills a few years ago. Decent bloke, good sense of humour, great player.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 11:08]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Paul Mariner RIP on 12:53 - Jul 10 with 1484 viewswestberksr

sad news, always a great centre forward and seemed a decent bloke whenever I heard him interviewed

far too young RIP
Paul Mariner RIP on 16:50 - Jul 10 with 1302 viewsdezzar

Another one from our youths gone, Good old fashioned centre forward, bit of a rock fan id heard.RIP Paul
Paul Mariner RIP on 17:13 - Jul 10 with 1281 viewsdigswellhoop

PLEASE DON'T BLAME HEADING
Paul Mariner RIP on 17:39 - Jul 10 with 1263 viewsthemodfather

i will remember him for his goal v france, world cup 82. he was with a decent ipswich side, went to arsenal and played for England, averaging 1 goal every 3 games, not bad. RIP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024