Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread 13:22 - Jul 6 with 22149 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Danes hate to see it leave.

Narrow win against a energetic Denmark that we quietly manage out the game after taking the lead.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 13:34]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:35 - Jul 6 with 3684 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Gonna be a good game.

Remember Copenhagen! 1801 Nelson scores a humdinger.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:46 - Jul 6 with 3654 viewsdanehoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:35 - Jul 6 by Metallica_Hoop

Gonna be a good game.

Remember Copenhagen! 1801 Nelson scores a humdinger.

Battle of Copenhagen still celebrated in DK in polite circles when I was there.

Very much torn on this one. So much shared history between the two nations and nothing but respect for the Danes (my kids were born there and spent a quarter of my career working there). I was in central Copenhagen when they won in 1992 and it was a simply amazing experience, incredible scenes and much drunken fun all round, but surprisingly little trouble.

Heart says the Danes, it has been set up for them since the first game as plucky little side coming through adversity to unexpectedly succeed by playing brilliantly as a team to overcome "better" sides.

However, they looked very very leggy in their last game and the quality within the squad isn't as deep. They maybe determined, but Southgate's England have prepared carefully for each game, have also played as a team throughout and England squad has so much depth to it and consequently will be a little fitter/fresher overall. I think it will be very tight match, Danes may breach the English defence as they have scored some absolutely quality goals from across the whole team. Overall though I expect England to just edge it with quality from the bench allowing them to step up pace and tempo as the Danes tire.

Never knowingly understood

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:54 - Jul 6 with 3630 views80s_Boy

2-0 England.

We burst through an invisible mental barrier against Germany and that was evident against Ukraine.

What is also evident to me is that there is clearly 'something special in the air' which was missing in 2018 and this really does seem as if it is our moment.

Hope Denmark don't leave Wembley embarrassed because the way they have conducted themselves since the incident with Erikkison has been astonishing and a credit to football and the Danish Nation.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:54 - Jul 6 with 3627 viewsSnipper

I wasn’t one bit nervous for the Ukraine game, as I just knew it was going to be a relatively easy night. Denmark on the other hand will be a bloody difficult game. They’re playing their hearts out for CE, and they’re everybody’s second team at the moment.

I hope and pray that we can prevail and get to our first Euro’s final. But if we don’t, then I hope Denmark go on and win it.

COME ON ENGLAND. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 13:56 - Jul 6 with 3619 viewsdaveB

I think it will be similar to the Germany game, very tight and tense and could go either way. England will look to be at the very least level after 60 minutes then use the bench to win it late on imo.

I'm more confident in England for this one than I was in the World Cup but Denmark have a really impressive team. Without doubt our toughest test so far
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:09 - Jul 6 with 3565 viewsMrSheen

The Danes have been the most exhilarating side to watch so far (that Russia game!) but I think we will wear them down.

Just seen my first flag on a car! Presumably all the Chinese factories that used to produce them make fancier things now.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:13 - Jul 6 with 3564 viewsed_83

I think it’s going to be a very, very close game. England look ever so slightly better on paper, given the depth of our squad and our ability to rest players & slow the tempo for the last 30 minutes against Ukraine, but both teams have been playing really well and have a superb sense of togetherness and purpose. I’d put this alongside the Germany game in terms of difficulty - Denmark are the better team, in form and with more at stake, but Germany have excellent individual players and the psychological effect of breaking that hoodoo shouldn’t be underestimated.

I think with Kane and Sterling in form, plus players like Grealish and Sancho to bring off the bench against tiring defenders, we should have that little extra bit of quality, but it could go either way. If Denmark score first and then defend rigidly, we’ll struggle to break them down. I’m going to say 2 - 0 England but could easily be the reverse.

Either way, I hope whoever wins goes on and wins the final too. Spain look out of ideas and Italy, for all their undoubted talents, take some of the gloss off with the extent of their gamesmanship.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:14 - Jul 6 with 3561 viewsAntti_Heinola

I too think this is probably a game too far for the magnificent Danes. But who knows? Their coach is superb tactically and in man management, and if anyone can get them through this, he can. But, we do really look strong and no one looks tired. It's going to be very tight, maybe 2-1 England. But I wouldn't begrudge the Danes winning. They've been fantastic.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:30 - Jul 6 with 3446 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 14:14 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

I too think this is probably a game too far for the magnificent Danes. But who knows? Their coach is superb tactically and in man management, and if anyone can get them through this, he can. But, we do really look strong and no one looks tired. It's going to be very tight, maybe 2-1 England. But I wouldn't begrudge the Danes winning. They've been fantastic.

Would rather lose to the Danes in a Semi than Italy in a final.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:44 - Jul 6 with 3419 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The Danes have a lot of the shades of '92.
A decent team but not amazing playing as a whole with a Schmeichel between the sticks.

I watched that final on a School trip to Northumbria, everyone was supporting Denmark

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:52 - Jul 6 with 3316 viewsAntti_Heinola

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:44 - Jul 6 by Metallica_Hoop

The Danes have a lot of the shades of '92.
A decent team but not amazing playing as a whole with a Schmeichel between the sticks.

I watched that final on a School trip to Northumbria, everyone was supporting Denmark

i actually think the one player who has been below par for them has been Schmeichel. Can't blame him for the Iceland goal, but even since then he's not been great and his kicking has been uncharacteristically poor. Will obviously have a belter v England.
BTW, i see a potential new keeper we might be getting is already getting pelters based on a few youtube clips. But have a look at Schmeichel the elder in 1992. Not exactly faultless to say the least.

Bare bones.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:59 - Jul 6 with 3293 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:30 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can't agree with that Baz. It would be better to finish as runners up than losing semi finalist for the third tournament in a row. We've never reached a Euro final, even the Soviet Union reached four, and the solitary 1966 World Cup is our only major final.

Much as my heart wants Denmark to win it if we can't, I'd rather we end up 'bowing to Italy'.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 17:00]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:12 - Jul 6 with 3261 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 15:30 - Jul 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm desperate to see England in a final, would be a massive step forward, I've got a bucket list of things I want to see as a football fan, have ticked off seeing QPR win promotion, a league title (OK the championship still counts), a final at Wembley and to see England get to a final and oh my god imagine if we won it.

Fair play to Denmark I admire what they have done and if they do beat us I hope they win it but tomorrow night I am desperate for us to win.

Defeat will be devastating to lose 2 semi finals in a row against good but beatable sides. What an opportunity
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:18 - Jul 6 with 3248 viewsbosh67

I can see this one going to extra time. 0-0 or 1-1 at full time with us edging it perhaps 2-1 in extra time. It will be tense unless we continue on our confident trajectory.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:35 - Jul 6 with 3205 viewskensalriser

England have been lucky with their group, lucky in meeting a historically weak Germany side and lucky in meeting the least strong side left in the competition in both the quarters and semis. Rarely will there be such a comfortable route to a final. It feels like it’s the right time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 17:49 - Jul 6 with 3166 viewsHarbour

Got a feeling it’s going to penalties and we win it to finally put the hoodoo to bed and get to a major final since 1966..
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:52 - Jul 6 with 3074 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 16:59 - Jul 6 by francisbowles

Can't agree with that Baz. It would be better to finish as runners up than losing semi finalist for the third tournament in a row. We've never reached a Euro final, even the Soviet Union reached four, and the solitary 1966 World Cup is our only major final.

Much as my heart wants Denmark to win it if we can't, I'd rather we end up 'bowing to Italy'.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 17:00]

Yeah, I was utterly talking rubbish. Defo prefer a guaranteed final. As Dave says what a huge step forward.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:59 - Jul 6 with 3059 viewsSK_hoops

One of the main items on my bucketlist is to see either QPR or England get to a final of a tournament and I feel this is the best chance. Praying we beat Denmark.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 19:45 - Jul 6 with 2983 viewsSuperhoops2808

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 18:59 - Jul 6 by SK_hoops

One of the main items on my bucketlist is to see either QPR or England get to a final of a tournament and I feel this is the best chance. Praying we beat Denmark.

Sadly, we are not going to win tomorrow night...

Why you ask?? Because its on FCUKING ITV and we never win when its on ITV

Why cant it be on both sides to be on the safe side

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 19:56 - Jul 6 with 2960 viewskensalriser

You've got a short memory. England beat Czech Republic on June 22nd, ITV.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:03 - Jul 6 with 2947 viewsSnipper

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 19:56 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

You've got a short memory. England beat Czech Republic on June 22nd, ITV.

I think he means the big knockout games.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:07 - Jul 6 with 2937 viewsloftboy

Didn’t realise Italy haven’t lost for 35 games, reckon we’ve a bette exchange against Spain.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:12 - Jul 6 with 2925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:07 - Jul 6 by loftboy

Didn’t realise Italy haven’t lost for 35 games, reckon we’ve a bette exchange against Spain.

Gotta end sometime!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:15 - Jul 6 with 2910 viewsSuperhoops2808

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:03 - Jul 6 by Snipper

I think he means the big knockout games.

Correct... I do hope I am wrong. The fact that their whole production is awful is neither here nor there, the stats are not that great

Read it for yourselves:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/itv-curse-england-record-bbc-compared-euro-20
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 20:17]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Denmark 🇩🇰 Match Thread on 20:25 - Jul 6 with 2881 viewsloftboy

That’s one impressive hooter!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024