Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Dunne another signing 12:59 - Jul 13 with 5752 viewsenfieldargh

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/jimmy-dunne-completes-qpr-transfer-130721/

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

We Dunne another signing on 13:05 - Jul 13 with 3684 viewsrsonist

Seems a positive, promising signing. It's actually quite hard to get a good read on him from what's about. Old-fashioned centre-half to some, progressive positional reader of the game to others - but that in itself might suggest he's a good alternative to de Wijs who does both too.

As with Odubajo and Sheff Wed, Dunne's supposedly bad spell at Sunderland shouldn't necessarily be taken as gospel given the mess there. Hearts fans adored him and he won promotion with Accrington.

No finer tutor than Dyche either, who is a chum of Warbs' from their Watford days. All about team unity there too and he certainly does seem a good lad in his interviews.

One point of interest is it seemed as though he was going to Swansea before difficulties agreeing compensation, so I wonder how much he's cost us.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer
Swansea would hope to stump up a figure of around £500,000, although it's understood Burnley would want a low seven-figure sum.

I do go back to thinking here what a horrible time it was for Masterson to get injured last season. Dunne's of a similar profile and only a year older, albeit with much more loan experience. It's plausible had Masterson impressed at Swindon this signing might not have happened - now he'll be waiting for when Dickie is sold, if he'll make it here at all. I don't blame the club though, if we can afford it - CM needs minutes anywhere plain and simple.
We Dunne another signing on 13:07 - Jul 13 with 3678 viewsaston_hoop

Welcome Jimmy, feels another of the 'right kind' of signing - at that stage in his career that we can develop him into exactly the payer we want this season but without him being a total novice. Do we think Masterson could be back out on loan next season?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

We Dunne another signing on 13:07 - Jul 13 with 3678 viewsLogman

Looks a great prospect. Speaks very well in the interview posted below. Will be interesting to see who our first choice centre backs are. Maybe JdW will be back-up as he seems to be injured quite a bit.
We Dunne another signing on 13:07 - Jul 13 with 3670 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Yes he just popped up in my QPR app. It was very odd. I thought he was a new recruit at the box office at first!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

We Dunne another signing on 13:10 - Jul 13 with 3621 viewsrsonist

We Dunne another signing on 13:07 - Jul 13 by Logman

Looks a great prospect. Speaks very well in the interview posted below. Will be interesting to see who our first choice centre backs are. Maybe JdW will be back-up as he seems to be injured quite a bit.

Yeah, de Wijs jogs so professionally it's fair to see Dunne as being equal first choice.
We Dunne another signing on 13:21 - Jul 13 with 3522 viewsBklynRanger

I started looking into him yesterday when the rumour surfaced and am glad he's signed.

Some ideal aspects to him: age, hunger, quality, even a decent amount of experience for a young player in terms of loans and a couple of premier league appearances.

Another one for the microwave - 30 seconds might be enough.

Nice chance too for him to get some minutes against his alma mater on the 24th.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 15:03]
We Dunne another signing on 13:23 - Jul 13 with 3504 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Welcome.

I hope he's plays like Dunne snr (not related)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

We Dunne another signing on 13:47 - Jul 13 with 3332 viewsdoogi10

welll burnley offred him a year extension so cant be bad
Login to get fewer ads

We Dunne another signing on 14:01 - Jul 13 with 3241 viewsA40Bosh

So plenty of competition/cover for places across the back - have to assume that Masterson will be going out on loan again with Dunne coming in on a perm.
I seem to remember Warbs saying that he lights a smallish tight squad with utility players who can cover a few options so with that being 7 through the door now (I think it is 7) a few more will follow Mide out the door too.

Welcome Jimmy Dunne

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

We Dunne another signing on 14:07 - Jul 13 with 3193 viewsMyke

We Dunne another signing on 14:01 - Jul 13 by A40Bosh

So plenty of competition/cover for places across the back - have to assume that Masterson will be going out on loan again with Dunne coming in on a perm.
I seem to remember Warbs saying that he lights a smallish tight squad with utility players who can cover a few options so with that being 7 through the door now (I think it is 7) a few more will follow Mide out the door too.

Welcome Jimmy Dunne

Well maybe, but we have also lost Cameron, Smyth, Lumley and Kelly
We Dunne another signing on 14:53 - Jul 13 with 2984 viewsDavieQPR

We Dunne another signing on 14:07 - Jul 13 by Myke

Well maybe, but we have also lost Cameron, Smyth, Lumley and Kelly

Plus 3 of the signings were players we had on loan last year. So in a way it's 3 in and 3 out.
Still, keeps Clive out of mischief.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 14:58]
We Dunne another signing on 14:59 - Jul 13 with 2951 viewsBAWHoops

Squad very much shaping up now and you feel Johansen and Odubajo complete it

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

We Dunne another signing on 15:05 - Jul 13 with 2904 viewsBazzeR

The current squad size inc all recent transfers comprises of 23 players ineligible to play at U23 level.

This includes Moses Odubajo on trial and Todd Kane

Edit..make that 24 as I forgot Dillon Barnes
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 16:11]
We Dunne another signing on 15:25 - Jul 13 with 2790 viewslosethedrum

Just change from Richard to Jimmy & go with this song for him

We Dunne another signing on 15:28 - Jul 13 with 2757 viewsrsonist

We Dunne another signing on 14:59 - Jul 13 by BAWHoops

Squad very much shaping up now and you feel Johansen and Odubajo complete it

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-jimmy-dunne-three-others

"Warburton would also like to add another attacking player to his squad."

Bit lavish it seems to me.
We Dunne another signing on 15:29 - Jul 13 with 2752 viewsdanehoop

Hope I'm wrong, but just wonder if we expect to sell Dickie sooner rather than later?

Never knowingly understood

We Dunne another signing on 15:30 - Jul 13 with 2744 viewsfrancisbowles

We Dunne another signing on 15:05 - Jul 13 by BazzeR

The current squad size inc all recent transfers comprises of 23 players ineligible to play at U23 level.

This includes Moses Odubajo on trial and Todd Kane

Edit..make that 24 as I forgot Dillon Barnes
[Post edited 13 Jul 2021 16:11]

They can still play at U23 though as you are allowed a couple of overage players and we have the B team now as well so opportunities for all.
We Dunne another signing on 15:34 - Jul 13 with 2711 viewsBazzeR

We Dunne another signing on 15:30 - Jul 13 by francisbowles

They can still play at U23 though as you are allowed a couple of overage players and we have the B team now as well so opportunities for all.

Yes you are correct FB

The context was for the 25 man squad rule.
We Dunne another signing on 15:35 - Jul 13 with 2692 viewsToast_R

Has he had a good Academy education?
We Dunne another signing on 15:36 - Jul 13 with 2690 viewsfrancisbowles

We Dunne another signing on 15:34 - Jul 13 by BazzeR

Yes you are correct FB

The context was for the 25 man squad rule.

Thanks BazzeR. I see what you meant.
We Dunne another signing on 15:41 - Jul 13 with 2650 viewsrsonist

Found a recently made sizzle reel here for what it's worth. Includes some clips with a mysterious "Jimmy Dunne Fan Page" watermark.
We Dunne another signing on 15:48 - Jul 13 with 2617 viewsQPR_Jim

We Dunne another signing on 15:29 - Jul 13 by danehoop

Hope I'm wrong, but just wonder if we expect to sell Dickie sooner rather than later?

I hope we're just being opportunist and making good signings while they're available. You could be right in that they're anticipating a few offers for Dickie towards the end of the window or maybe Jan/next summer.
We Dunne another signing on 16:10 - Jul 13 with 2508 viewsJevlar

Just listened to his interview on the QPR site.

The lilt in his voice reminded me of David O'Leary... Just me sorry!
We Dunne another signing on 16:16 - Jul 13 with 2468 viewsrsonist

We Dunne another signing on 15:48 - Jul 13 by QPR_Jim

I hope we're just being opportunist and making good signings while they're available. You could be right in that they're anticipating a few offers for Dickie towards the end of the window or maybe Jan/next summer.

You rarely get the highest fees when it's convenient for you because you're capitalising on desperation etc. Likewise once it's known we've got cash and are looking for a replacement the prices go up, so if the budget can stretch to pre-empting all of that (without useless stockpiling) so much the better.

On the subject of the budget generally this is the third window in a row now I've been surprised what we've been able to afford.
We Dunne another signing on 16:40 - Jul 13 with 2356 viewsBklynRanger

We Dunne another signing on 16:10 - Jul 13 by Jevlar

Just listened to his interview on the QPR site.

The lilt in his voice reminded me of David O'Leary... Just me sorry!

Second new player in a row that's mentioned promotion as a goal. Impossible to tell if that's coming from them or has been more openly discussed as part of recruitment.

I like how he said it though - one word answer - hope it works out for him :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024