Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) 18:57 - Jul 21 with 7155 viewsthame_hoops

Is anybody interested in this new competition?

As a Middlesex member, for goodness knows how long, I decided to buy tickets to all of the games at Lords (4) and finals day. I only did it because last year with lockdown I decided to try and watch as much live sport as possible, once everything reopened for fans.

I’m not sure if it will be the death of county cricket, part of me doesn’t want it to be a success at all.

The BBC coverage seems complete wokeNess and a Presenter outside the oval asked a family all decked out in county cricket and England WC tops “ so, are you all cricket fans?”🤦🏼‍♂️

I’m willing to give it a go, and I’m hoping to be entertained at Lords.

What is everyone else’s thoughts?

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:08 - Jul 21 with 4383 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not a fan of short form at all really but will give it a chance.

At the risk of pulling the pin out the grenade again what was woke about the BBC coverage?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 19:09]
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:12 - Jul 21 with 4373 viewsCiderwithRsie

Struggling to get past the names tbh, I can't help thinking of the Lancashire lot as the Werther's Originals or the Hampshire lot as the Southern Freeez.

If they were called Southern Freeez I might support them, what with our man James Vince playing for them, but as it is I suppose I'll support London Spirit. Unless they're cr*p, in which case I'll say it's all rubbish anyway
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:13 - Jul 21 with 4364 viewsaston_hoop

Doesn't really appeal to me. Mostly as I can't see the reason for a new format of the game, I can accept an IPL style franchise thingy would have been in demand but a whole new format seems pointless.

Bring on the India test series

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:20 - Jul 21 with 4340 viewsthame_hoops

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:08 - Jul 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not a fan of short form at all really but will give it a chance.

At the risk of pulling the pin out the grenade again what was woke about the BBC coverage?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 19:09]

I will leave the pin in the grenade if you don’t mind 😂
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:22 - Jul 21 with 4333 viewsthame_hoops

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:13 - Jul 21 by aston_hoop

Doesn't really appeal to me. Mostly as I can't see the reason for a new format of the game, I can accept an IPL style franchise thingy would have been in demand but a whole new format seems pointless.

Bring on the India test series

T2O blast in 2019 was absolutely thriving, lots of full stadiums, especially at all the test grounds. Some massive names played that year too.

I really wish they would’ve put more effort into the blast, for me, the hundred is a tournament that we didn’t really need or ask for..but they keep saying it’s to get a new audience in.

It’s also a statisticians nightmare.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:25 - Jul 21 with 4325 viewsDorse

Going to watch Manchester Originals vs Birmingham Buttmonkeys (or whatever) on Sunday. Should be a good day out.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:27 - Jul 21 with 4313 viewstoboboly

Hope it burns

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:38 - Jul 21 with 4283 viewsLogman

Hope it fails. Its not far removed from football's Super League and will push county cricket into the shadows. I hope it crashes.
Login to get fewer ads

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:45 - Jul 21 with 4269 viewsdanehoop

Been watching the women's match on BBC, surprisingly good standard. Quite enjoying it to be honest.

Never knowingly understood

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:57 - Jul 21 with 4246 viewsmakaveli1882

It will probably be rubbish and old skool fans have decided against it already.

I got a tickets for £8 through my Middlesex membership for next Thursday, I'm going Southampton for game and have tickets for the final which Sky have messed up a bit by putting us on 12.30 v Barnsley!

Actually on ticket site now and I'm in a queue for the first time ever so this might actually take off.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 20:12 - Jul 21 with 4211 viewsthame_hoops

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 19:57 - Jul 21 by makaveli1882

It will probably be rubbish and old skool fans have decided against it already.

I got a tickets for £8 through my Middlesex membership for next Thursday, I'm going Southampton for game and have tickets for the final which Sky have messed up a bit by putting us on 12.30 v Barnsley!

Actually on ticket site now and I'm in a queue for the first time ever so this might actually take off.

Me and my dad also bought tickets via the Middlesex membership portal. Back in February.

I think we paid £10 for a ticket, and £15 for the doubleheader games. I think these now sell for £30 to the public, bargain. Looking at the tickets in the app, it just says we are in the MCC member stand, they haven’t allocated seat or rows yet which is odd?

And with the final tickets, I purchased two kids tickets as well, for £5or £10 so it is good value.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 20:46 - Jul 21 with 4172 viewsmakaveli1882

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 20:12 - Jul 21 by thame_hoops

Me and my dad also bought tickets via the Middlesex membership portal. Back in February.

I think we paid £10 for a ticket, and £15 for the doubleheader games. I think these now sell for £30 to the public, bargain. Looking at the tickets in the app, it just says we are in the MCC member stand, they haven’t allocated seat or rows yet which is odd?

And with the final tickets, I purchased two kids tickets as well, for £5or £10 so it is good value.

Yeah Thame mine says the same and I'm in same area, I wonder if it will be the Members area next to the Pavilion, I think we find out 36 hours before.

A lot of the T20 was pushed out to Radlett so watching the 100 at Lords still means a day out at the home of cricket, even though Radlett was fun.

I missed the semi final at Wembley and England games at Edgbaston, Trent Bridge and Headingley all through Covid so will take what I ever I can get and have some fun along the way.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 20:59 - Jul 21 with 4154 viewsDavieQPR

County cricket is now full of nobodies. As the EEC got greedy and started so many different formats with Central contracts and top overseas players. How many County games do these top players appear in nowdays? They cut their own throats by catering for the younger audience.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:06 - Jul 21 with 4139 viewsthame_hoops

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 20:46 - Jul 21 by makaveli1882

Yeah Thame mine says the same and I'm in same area, I wonder if it will be the Members area next to the Pavilion, I think we find out 36 hours before.

A lot of the T20 was pushed out to Radlett so watching the 100 at Lords still means a day out at the home of cricket, even though Radlett was fun.

I missed the semi final at Wembley and England games at Edgbaston, Trent Bridge and Headingley all through Covid so will take what I ever I can get and have some fun along the way.

I assumed it would be the warmer stand, we always sit here anyway, the Allen stand tends to be used in conjunction with pavilion access for T20, however my tickets say enter at grace gate… previously for t20 in the warner stand this year they wanted us to enter at the north gate… as we couldn’t mix around the ground but I guess with restrictions are lifted, you can walk anywhere around now.
Radlett is fun it’s such a shame that you couldn’t use the clubhouse this year. The dinners they do are excellent, and the deserts are even better. The fruit crumbles are amazing, the ladies tell you they grow the fruit in their own allotment LOL

Sorry you missed the games mate, this was exactly our attitude, get too as much live sport/cricket as possible.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:10 - Jul 21 with 4124 viewsterryb

It has started with a good ending.

I think it may have very good crowd numbers.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:13 - Jul 21 with 4116 viewsCamberleyR

Cricket for the hard of thinking.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:22 - Jul 21 with 4084 viewsacricketer

Next year they are adding 2 extra wickets forming a circle and the bowler will bowl from the centre of the circle. The batsmen will just try to hit sixes.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:28 - Jul 21 with 4074 viewsRangersw12

First ever women's cricket game I've seen and have to say I enjoyed it and liked the format
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:53 - Jul 21 with 4022 viewsdanehoop

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:28 - Jul 21 by Rangersw12

First ever women's cricket game I've seen and have to say I enjoyed it and liked the format

I said the same earlier, competitive standard very tight game and some good cricket. Looked like a decent event overall, may try and pop along to a game if the logistics work out.

Never knowingly understood

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 22:09 - Jul 21 with 4008 viewsstowmarketrange

A needless competition for me.What’s the difference between this and T20?Apart from 20 balls less per innings.Waste of time.
I’m going to Chelmsford on Sunday for my first cricket match in almost 2 years,and the forecast says rain for most of the day.Bloody typical British weather.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 09:27 - Jul 22 with 3838 viewsNewhopphoops

I'm assuming this has been invented as someone missed out on the T20 bonanza and want to replicate it without trade mark issues? It's a no from me.

All they have to do is put tests and the John Player league back on free TV of course. (Yes I'm a chuntering old fart.)
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 09:37 - Jul 22 with 3826 viewswillis1980

I tried and tried to buy tickets for the first mens game at the oval, for some reason the ticket portal wasnt working. I havent tried since, I thought it would be nice to get to at least some spectator sport in this summer and I was going to take my brother in law who moved to this country in Decemeber. All of the affordable blast tickets were pretty much gone by the time I tried to buy some.
I get the concerns about it, but I also dont want cricket to die on its arse after all of the hard work that has been put in to save it. The pandemic cant have helped either.
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 09:51 - Jul 22 with 3805 views80s_Boy

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 21:13 - Jul 21 by CamberleyR

Cricket for the hard of thinking.

Cricket for people who don't like cricket....
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 09:54 - Jul 22 with 3803 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 09:27 - Jul 22 by Newhopphoops

I'm assuming this has been invented as someone missed out on the T20 bonanza and want to replicate it without trade mark issues? It's a no from me.

All they have to do is put tests and the John Player league back on free TV of course. (Yes I'm a chuntering old fart.)

Reasonable piece on the background here https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/21/the-hundred-tv-cricket-oval-invinc

Basically: yes to your 1st sentence.

I don't mind short format but unless the IPL and Big Bash go caput T20 isn't going away so we will need to keep playing T20 so this adds another format to an overcrowded schedule. Stupid idea for me as if it fails its a waste of time and if it succeeds it complicates everything else. Best hope is they're able to take some good features over to T20, merge it with the T20 Blast but with T20 format compatible with rest of world.

EDIT: sorry, wrong link, I meant this one:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/20/ecb-sweats-on-hundred-catching-fir
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 10:03]
The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 10:12 - Jul 22 with 3784 viewsthame_hoops

The Hundred Cricket (Non QPR) on 09:54 - Jul 22 by CiderwithRsie

Reasonable piece on the background here https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/21/the-hundred-tv-cricket-oval-invinc

Basically: yes to your 1st sentence.

I don't mind short format but unless the IPL and Big Bash go caput T20 isn't going away so we will need to keep playing T20 so this adds another format to an overcrowded schedule. Stupid idea for me as if it fails its a waste of time and if it succeeds it complicates everything else. Best hope is they're able to take some good features over to T20, merge it with the T20 Blast but with T20 format compatible with rest of world.

EDIT: sorry, wrong link, I meant this one:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/20/ecb-sweats-on-hundred-catching-fir
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 10:03]

good article that.

My thoughts exactly, i think they should've developed the blast more, do a rebrand on that, back to back women/mens games like they are doing now, make it more affordable for family tickets, DJ's, mascots, terrestial tv etc..basically, everything they have done for the hundred should've been thought of for the T20 blast. I switched to the sky coverage and Rob key was dad dancing! Not exactly targeting the audience with that one...

I just dont think a new format was needed.. I always see lots of kids at t20 games but i felt the cameraman (cameraperson) just kept zooming in on young girls dancing to prove a point last night at this 'new audience' How long that will be sustained for i dont know but i do I know that most of the early stage games at the test venues are either sold out or close too.

I feel like a hypocrite for going to Lords Sunday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024