Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bettache 15:00 - Aug 20 with 5158 viewsdaveB

Gone to Oldham on a season long loan

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/faysal-bettache-joins-oldham-on-loan-200821
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 15:01]
Bettache on 15:04 - Aug 20 with 3467 viewsPinnerPaul

Won't be playing LWB now then!
Bettache on 15:05 - Aug 20 with 3466 viewsrsonist

Interesting we took the Mens Football nuclear option here instead of finding him a ball-playing club.
Bettache on 15:07 - Aug 20 with 3423 viewsflynnbo

Wish him well there.
Bettache on 15:09 - Aug 20 with 3403 viewsMedwayR

Similar to Masterson, he's missed out on a vital spell out on loan because of covid so he's probably a year behind where he should be in his development, this is a big opportunity for him.

Poll: Who’s better?

Bettache on 15:10 - Aug 20 with 3394 viewsNorthernr

Very interested to see how that goes. If he can get on the ball and influence games in a Keith Curle team in league Two then more power to him. Or perhaps we know he can get on the ball and influence games, but we want to find out what he's like in guerilla warfare.
Bettache on 15:10 - Aug 20 with 3375 viewsgazza1

MW has decided that he is down the 'pecking order', below Dozzell & Thomas and maybe others so its best he gets a bit of experience out on loan......good business.
Bettache on 15:11 - Aug 20 with 3373 viewsdanehoop

I like Keith Curle as a manager, but not sure about his assistant. Quick read of that BBC report would possibly make me question whether this is necessarily a great environment to for Bettache to develop in:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58225041

Having said that, if he does well there he certainly will have gained some toughening up.

Never knowingly understood

Bettache on 15:14 - Aug 20 with 3353 viewsrsonist

Bettache on 15:10 - Aug 20 by Northernr

Very interested to see how that goes. If he can get on the ball and influence games in a Keith Curle team in league Two then more power to him. Or perhaps we know he can get on the ball and influence games, but we want to find out what he's like in guerilla warfare.

Warbs did make the comment after the Orient game about "we got complacent, tried to force the pass, miss the obvious pass" that seemed pointed wrt either FB or Dozzell, or indeed both. This'll be the doghouse / dogs of war house.
Login to get fewer ads

Bettache on 15:18 - Aug 20 with 3315 viewsrsonist

You wouldn't necessarily have thought Chair and Eze were Stevenage and Wycombe's cups of tea either at first in fairness.
Bettache on 15:28 - Aug 20 with 3243 viewsLogman

We should have told them to wait until after the game against Oxford next Wednesday
Bettache on 15:37 - Aug 20 with 3189 viewsbosh67

Another one who I think will come through and shine as a regular.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bettache on 15:38 - Aug 20 with 3178 viewsngbqpr

Bettache on 15:11 - Aug 20 by danehoop

I like Keith Curle as a manager, but not sure about his assistant. Quick read of that BBC report would possibly make me question whether this is necessarily a great environment to for Bettache to develop in:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58225041

Having said that, if he does well there he certainly will have gained some toughening up.

Jeeezzzz...welcome to the Oldham dressing room, please turn your clocks back 50 years.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Bettache on 15:52 - Aug 20 with 3094 viewsTonto

Slightly surprised that L2 was as high as we got an offer for, but we know the QPR way - get the players to 50 odd games in experience by loaning the m out, by which time they will have grown up a lot, and are more than likely to be ready for the first team, or we will know they arent worth clinging onto.

Eze and Chair came back much better players. Hopefully Bettache will to as there appears to be something about him.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Bettache on 16:05 - Aug 20 with 3019 viewsLazyFan

Bettache on 15:52 - Aug 20 by Tonto

Slightly surprised that L2 was as high as we got an offer for, but we know the QPR way - get the players to 50 odd games in experience by loaning the m out, by which time they will have grown up a lot, and are more than likely to be ready for the first team, or we will know they arent worth clinging onto.

Eze and Chair came back much better players. Hopefully Bettache will to as there appears to be something about him.

They probably said he would play almost every game and that's what we need. Whereas others may have said he needs to fight for his place.

Hopefully, they should play him and we can find out what he can do.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bettache on 16:12 - Aug 20 with 2976 viewsnumptydumpty

Interesting choice of club and league

Myself would have thought he pretty much guaranteed starter in L1 already but there must be reason ie in a tough environment

Think he will do very well myself

Liked look of him from day one and if injuries etc think we should have an option to recall in January.

Would have thought that option would have been required in any loan deal we have had set up for Bettache.

Hoping another from the conveyabelt of improving young talent here.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Bettache on 16:14 - Aug 20 with 2973 viewsdmm

I'm slightly disappointed he's gone as I felt he was looking like he could compete at this level. Nonetheless, as others have pointed out, past loans have worked well for our ballplayers. I look forward to seeing him progress.
Bettache on 16:21 - Aug 20 with 2937 viewsHAYESBOY

With Amos coming back soon as well its best he goes out on loan.
It made Chair a better player going out on loan, hopefully the same goes for Bettache.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Bettache on 16:21 - Aug 20 with 2931 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Looked fairly comfortable against Leyton Orient, no more than that, so I’d say League 2 is about the right place for him at this stage.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bettache on 16:27 - Aug 20 with 2896 viewsrsonist

Bettache on 15:52 - Aug 20 by Tonto

There's no one true path for developing young individuals, much as we try to read into it. Some loan to complement what the player has, some (as with Bettache here) loan to forge what the player lacks, some like Pep and Poch see more value in keeping a player among the first team than ever loaning at all. All have succeeded and failed.
Bettache on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 2869 viewsMyke

Bettache on 15:05 - Aug 20 by rsonist

Interesting we took the Mens Football nuclear option here instead of finding him a ball-playing club.

Is 'men's football' not what the B team is for? One less player for that now
Bettache on 16:39 - Aug 20 with 2828 viewsrsonist

Bettache on 16:31 - Aug 20 by Myke

Is 'men's football' not what the B team is for? One less player for that now

Money man that he is, Warbs has said several times kids need to be playing with players out looking to pay for their mortgage.
Bettache on 16:43 - Aug 20 with 2813 viewsLythamR

Oldham are at home to Barrow during the international break, its been a few years so i might pop over and give him a bit of support. Surely it cant be sub zero there at the beginning of September right?

I think he has a bright future with us, looks to be progressive, head up and early passer
Bettache on 17:26 - Aug 20 with 2682 viewsstevec

Sending him to Oldham sounds more like a punishment beating than a progression of his career.
Bettache on 17:34 - Aug 20 with 2655 viewsnix

If he's going to be playing lots of games that's got to be good experience for him. He's definitely good enough to play for us now but just not regularly and for ninety minutes. Could be an excellent opportunity.
Bettache on 17:45 - Aug 20 with 2595 viewsJogo

Oldham are a bit of a basket case of a club... with an interfering chairman, but hopefully he'll get plenty of game time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024