Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
odds to win the title 17:36 - Jul 22 with 7259 viewssevenhoop

on Betfair exchange we're 26/1. 12th favourites, and behind Stoke, Boro (though i guess that's the Warnock factor), Birmingham and 'Wall . 12the favourites?! they don't usually get things wrong, so perhaps our own hopes/expectations are too high?
odds to win the title on 21:20 - Jul 22 with 5077 viewsLythamR

my expectation is somewhere between 6 - 9 so they dont seem that far out to me
odds to win the title on 21:32 - Jul 22 with 5051 viewsDWQPR

Most have Fulham as favourites although they have done nothing in the transfer market so far and have lost the seven loanees from last season, personally I would have WBA as favourites at the moment. Peterborough are odds on for relegation but to me they will be a bit of a surprise this season as they have the Toney money and do tend to reinvest better than most. Derby are fifth favourites for the drop and looking closely at their situation they are deep in it. I think the odds on Rangers are quite generous at this time and worth a cheeky each way bet.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

odds to win the title on 21:51 - Jul 22 with 5019 viewsderbyhoop

I am struggling to believe that the 3 relegated sides are automatically going to finish top 6.
The 3 sides who missed out via the playoffs don't seem as strong.
So it looks as open as I can remember. Which sides are going to be better than last year? Given the way we finished, why not QPR.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

odds to win the title on 21:55 - Jul 22 with 5005 viewsBoston

I wouldn't be interested in the odds for winning the title, what's the ante on us getting promoted?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

odds to win the title on 22:28 - Jul 22 with 4961 viewsstowmarketrange

odds to win the title on 21:51 - Jul 22 by derbyhoop

I am struggling to believe that the 3 relegated sides are automatically going to finish top 6.
The 3 sides who missed out via the playoffs don't seem as strong.
So it looks as open as I can remember. Which sides are going to be better than last year? Given the way we finished, why not QPR.

There will be one team that runs away with it by March,but god knows who it will be,but there will always be people who said I told you so.They usually work for sky,or are called Colin Murray.
odds to win the title on 22:33 - Jul 22 with 4951 viewsgazza1

A top 6 place for us is not over optimistic imho......
odds to win the title on 22:39 - Jul 22 with 4939 viewskensalriser

We're not finishing first or second, so I'd need quite a bit more than 26/1.

Top 6 would be a very good result.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

odds to win the title on 23:41 - Jul 22 with 4875 viewsDavieQPR

In the past ten seasons only twice has two teams that came down from the Prem gone straight back up. All three has never happened.
Login to get fewer ads

odds to win the title on 00:42 - Jul 23 with 4826 viewssuperhoopdownunder

odds to win the title on 21:55 - Jul 22 by Boston

I wouldn't be interested in the odds for winning the title, what's the ante on us getting promoted?

current odds are

Winners 27
Promotion 7.8
Relegation 10
Top Goalscorer
Charlie Austin 15
Lyndon Dykes 51

We should get odds soon on top 6 and top 12
odds to win the title on 21:46 - Jul 23 with 4433 viewsstainrods_elbow

odds to win the title on 00:42 - Jul 23 by superhoopdownunder

current odds are

Winners 27
Promotion 7.8
Relegation 10
Top Goalscorer
Charlie Austin 15
Lyndon Dykes 51

So the bookies think it's a toss-up between us going up and going down?
Looks like all bets are hedged!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

odds to win the title on 21:59 - Jul 23 with 4420 viewsBlackCrowe

4/5 to be in the top half (paddypower) seems reasonable enough to stick several quid on.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

odds to win the title on 22:21 - Jul 23 with 4353 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was thinking about a cheeky one on top 6 but I don't want to jinx the season.

So I'm not going to place it.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 22:22]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

odds to win the title on 22:25 - Jul 23 with 4343 viewsMick_S

odds to win the title on 21:59 - Jul 23 by BlackCrowe

4/5 to be in the top half (paddypower) seems reasonable enough to stick several quid on.

That’s the one that stood out for me. You’d have to really lump on though.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

odds to win the title on 10:56 - Jul 24 with 4084 viewsPinnerPaul

odds to win the title on 00:42 - Jul 23 by superhoopdownunder

current odds are

Winners 27
Promotion 7.8
Relegation 10
Top Goalscorer
Charlie Austin 15
Lyndon Dykes 51

As I posted earlier we're 4/5 for a top half finish.
odds to win the title on 14:13 - Jul 24 with 3892 viewsSimonJames

Odds might as well be a billion to one... we're not going to win
But I'd bet on making the play offs

100% of people who drink water will die.

odds to win the title on 14:14 - Jul 24 with 3891 viewsPinnerPaul

odds to win the title on 22:25 - Jul 23 by Mick_S

That’s the one that stood out for me. You’d have to really lump on though.

80% return in 10 months is a BIT better than most banks though!!!!!!!
odds to win the title on 14:34 - Jul 24 with 3846 viewsMick_S

odds to win the title on 14:14 - Jul 24 by PinnerPaul

80% return in 10 months is a BIT better than most banks though!!!!!!!

Sold! Now where’s my spare tenner?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

odds to win the title on 13:29 - Jul 27 with 3476 viewssevenhoop

now 16's, fifth favourites
odds to win the title on 13:42 - Jul 27 with 3445 viewsWestonsuperR

odds to win the title on 13:29 - Jul 27 by sevenhoop

now 16's, fifth favourites

Odds I can see are:

25/1 win
7/2 top 6
7/1 promotion
4/5 top half

All a touch too short for me, Fulham, WBA, Sheff U and Bournemouth all have strong squads with money to spend, hard to make a case we will finish higher than them.
odds to win the title on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 3413 viewsPinnerPaul

odds to win the title on 13:42 - Jul 27 by WestonsuperR

Odds I can see are:

25/1 win
7/2 top 6
7/1 promotion
4/5 top half

All a touch too short for me, Fulham, WBA, Sheff U and Bournemouth all have strong squads with money to spend, hard to make a case we will finish higher than them.

I think you need to compare where we are oddswise in relation to other teams.

Something like 10th best to win the league, that seems generous to me.

Promotion - Odds are never that great for anyone because getting 6th takes you 2 games away from Wembley, despite being a possible 10 points or more off the top 2.

The value there, as we mentioned before, is the 4/5 top half - of course its football, nothing is certain, but we certainly look a top half (at least) team to me.
odds to win the title on 14:08 - Jul 27 with 3404 viewsBathRanger

My understanding is bookies don't set their odds based on the real probability of an event happening, e.g. a particular team winning the league. Instead they set odds on how likely they think their punters will wage on each outcome. So if they think most money will be staked on a particular team winning the league, that's the team that gets the lowest odds.

Then, if someone sticks a large sum of money on a particular bet, you can pretty much guarantee the odds will drop as the bookie adjusts how much they may have to potentially pay out to all punters, should that outcome occur.

Bookies also build a margin in to try and ensure they always make a profit. For example, if there was two possible outcomes and the probability is 50:50 for each outcome, they wouldn't offer evens as odds. They would offer less to ensure they come out on top regardless of the betting on either outcome.

So just because QPR are 22/1 with Paddy Power to win the league does not mean the real probability of QPR winning the league is 22:1. Bookies (like every other company) are just looking to make a profit!
odds to win the title on 14:14 - Jul 27 with 3377 viewsPinnerPaul

odds to win the title on 14:08 - Jul 27 by BathRanger

My understanding is bookies don't set their odds based on the real probability of an event happening, e.g. a particular team winning the league. Instead they set odds on how likely they think their punters will wage on each outcome. So if they think most money will be staked on a particular team winning the league, that's the team that gets the lowest odds.

Then, if someone sticks a large sum of money on a particular bet, you can pretty much guarantee the odds will drop as the bookie adjusts how much they may have to potentially pay out to all punters, should that outcome occur.

Bookies also build a margin in to try and ensure they always make a profit. For example, if there was two possible outcomes and the probability is 50:50 for each outcome, they wouldn't offer evens as odds. They would offer less to ensure they come out on top regardless of the betting on either outcome.

So just because QPR are 22/1 with Paddy Power to win the league does not mean the real probability of QPR winning the league is 22:1. Bookies (like every other company) are just looking to make a profit!

Correct of course, but to make money they have to set odds to get people to bet.

Would make a theoretical fortune offering skinny odds about everyone to win the league, but of course they wouldn't because no one would have a bet!
odds to win the title on 13:41 - Jul 30 with 3172 viewsaston_hoop

The excellent Gabriel Sutton has us finishing 5th this season. Some big predictions in his 1-24!

https://t.co/LU3EDu8rdI?amp=1

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

odds to win the title on 13:57 - Jul 30 with 3110 viewsToast_R

After all this we'll probably end up in a relegation scrap...

I remember feeling very confident at the start of the 1997/98 season.
odds to win the title on 14:55 - Jul 30 with 3004 viewsThGrimRanger

for anyone wanting to bet on QPR this season then i'd recommend the bet365 championship handicap bet which starts us on +18 points. Fulham start on zero, WBA +4, Sheff U +4, Bournemouth + 8 and so on.

Go EW which is top 4 at odds of 18-1.

TheGrimRanger

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024