Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub Closures 20:05 - Aug 7 with 9341 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Closure of Princess Vic and Adelaide caused carnage in Conningham and The Green today.

Can any recommend any boozers locally that you don’t have take a catheter with you to get pint?
Pub Closures on 20:21 - Aug 7 with 4869 viewsstevec

Real shame to see the Adelaide gone. Assume Princess Vic will be open next game, said something about being closed for an event.

We wandered into the Askew Arms, seemed to have been taken over by Millwall fans. Didn’t actually realise until scanning around and noticed the complete absence of QPR shirts. Didn’t hang about, guess the 7 or 8 police vans parked up opposite should have given the game away!

Don’t know the pub name, think it’s the old British Queen, but pleasant enough in there.
Pub Closures on 20:23 - Aug 7 with 4873 viewsGloryHunter

Pub Closures on 20:21 - Aug 7 by stevec

Real shame to see the Adelaide gone. Assume Princess Vic will be open next game, said something about being closed for an event.

We wandered into the Askew Arms, seemed to have been taken over by Millwall fans. Didn’t actually realise until scanning around and noticed the complete absence of QPR shirts. Didn’t hang about, guess the 7 or 8 police vans parked up opposite should have given the game away!

Don’t know the pub name, think it’s the old British Queen, but pleasant enough in there.

British Queen is now The Pocket Watch.
Pub Closures on 20:25 - Aug 7 with 4850 viewsqpr_1968

absolutely no millwall fans in the askew......not one.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Pub Closures on 20:26 - Aug 7 with 4833 viewsBoston

Pub Closures on 20:23 - Aug 7 by GloryHunter

British Queen is now The Pocket Watch.

….and it’s ok, was in there shortly after it opened a couple of years ago.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pub Closures on 20:26 - Aug 7 with 4836 viewsdmm

We usually imbibe at the Shepherd and Flock. Small pub but plenty of room outside.
Pub Closures on 20:35 - Aug 7 with 4792 viewsRangersw12

Askew was QPR all day
Pub Closures on 20:37 - Aug 7 with 4736 viewsstevec

Pub Closures on 20:25 - Aug 7 by qpr_1968

absolutely no millwall fans in the askew......not one.

Ok. We got as far as the bar, couple of Millwall chatting about the game behind us.

That and not being asked for any supporter ID and everyone dressed casual without a single QPR shirt in the bar struck us as a bit odd. Never been in there before so I’ll take your better knowledge of the place but different vibe than the regular QPR pubs.
Pub Closures on 11:37 - Aug 8 with 4004 viewsNorthernr

There’s some suggestion Green King are taking on the Adelaide.
Crown was six deep at the bar at one stage.
Login to get fewer ads

Pub Closures on 12:03 - Aug 8 with 3929 viewsHayesender

Pub Closures on 11:37 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I've heard from a few people in the coningham in the last couple of weeks weatherspoons are looking at the Adelaide.

Wasn't the Adelaide a green king pub anyway?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pub Closures on 12:04 - Aug 8 with 3926 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wonder if it’s money making and would be worth the club taking it on.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 12:05]
Pub Closures on 12:15 - Aug 8 with 3876 viewscolinallcars

Pub Closures on 12:04 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wonder if it’s money making and would be worth the club taking it on.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 12:05]

The club taking it would be a great move I think. Didn't Watford once own a pub near their ground ?

I'm sure we would do our best to make it a going concern. Up your bottoms ! Sorry, bottoms up.
Pub Closures on 12:16 - Aug 8 with 3871 viewsNorthernr

Pub Closures on 12:03 - Aug 8 by Hayesender

I've heard from a few people in the coningham in the last couple of weeks weatherspoons are looking at the Adelaide.

Wasn't the Adelaide a green king pub anyway?

I don’t know tbh, staff in the crown said green king were in there last week.
Pub Closures on 12:38 - Aug 8 with 3783 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pub Closures on 12:16 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I don’t know tbh, staff in the crown said green king were in there last week.

Everyone loves a crowdfund don’t they? Wonder if it’s worthwhile trying to buy it as a community pub? Or at least part own it?
Pub Closures on 12:45 - Aug 8 with 3753 viewsHayesender

Pub Closures on 12:38 - Aug 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Everyone loves a crowdfund don’t they? Wonder if it’s worthwhile trying to buy it as a community pub? Or at least part own it?

Been saying for years the club should look into purchasing the springbok and turning it into some sort of supporters club

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pub Closures on 12:48 - Aug 8 with 3739 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pub Closures on 12:45 - Aug 8 by Hayesender

Been saying for years the club should look into purchasing the springbok and turning it into some sort of supporters club

On reflection, what’s the point of we are moving anyway.
Pub Closures on 12:58 - Aug 8 with 3691 viewstraininvain

Greene King have owned the Adelaide since 2013 when they acquired it along with 13 other pubs from Realpubs.

I suspect Greene King will reopen the Adelaide following a refurb as they’ve not sold any pubs in London since being purchased by the wealthiest family in Hong Kong a few years ago.
Pub Closures on 14:34 - Aug 8 with 3490 viewsterryb

Yesterday was the most I've seen in The Defectors & the first time I can recall hearing Rangers songs in there.

All will be well when we're back to 13,000 crowds!
Pub Closures on 14:36 - Aug 8 with 3482 viewsdaveB

Conningham was a nightmare, 4 deep at the bar impossible to get served, I miss the apps and ordering at your table
Pub Closures on 14:47 - Aug 8 with 3436 viewsBoston

Pub Closures on 12:58 - Aug 8 by traininvain

Greene King have owned the Adelaide since 2013 when they acquired it along with 13 other pubs from Realpubs.

I suspect Greene King will reopen the Adelaide following a refurb as they’ve not sold any pubs in London since being purchased by the wealthiest family in Hong Kong a few years ago.

Nice pub the Adelaide, better after the match than before in my opinion. Gotta do something with the bogs though.

Pub Closures on 15:35 - Aug 8 with 3341 viewsAntti_Heinola

Pub Closures on 14:36 - Aug 8 by daveB

Conningham was a nightmare, 4 deep at the bar impossible to get served, I miss the apps and ordering at your table

agree. possibly the best thing about the pandemic, that. Was lovely.

Bare bones.

Pub Closures on 15:58 - Aug 8 with 3279 viewscolinallcars

Pub Closures on 15:35 - Aug 8 by Antti_Heinola

I'm inclined to disagree. I much prefer to “belly up to the bar” and get my own drinks. It's somehow more pubby than ordering from the table. However, I'm just glad the pubs are open again.
Pub Closures on 16:00 - Aug 8 with 3271 viewsBoston

Not a fan of the Conningham, it's like drinking in a 1960's scout hut.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 16:01]

Pub Closures on 16:15 - Aug 8 with 3237 viewsboysfromthebush

Pub Closures on 20:37 - Aug 7 by stevec

Ok. We got as far as the bar, couple of Millwall chatting about the game behind us.

That and not being asked for any supporter ID and everyone dressed casual without a single QPR shirt in the bar struck us as a bit odd. Never been in there before so I’ll take your better knowledge of the place but different vibe than the regular QPR pubs.

Askew was QPR, not one Wall fan would've got in/out of there alive yesterday so wouldn't of been Wall fans.

Trust me.
Pub Closures on 17:26 - Aug 8 with 3120 viewstraininvain

Pub Closures on 15:35 - Aug 8 by Antti_Heinola

The reality is that many pubs would close if they had to operate with table service full time due to the extra costs involved eroding already razor thin profit margins.
Pub Closures on 17:28 - Aug 8 with 3111 viewsNorthernr

Also, you couldn't do table service in the crown yesterday even if you'd wanted to. Place was rammed, and most people didn't have a table to serve them at.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024