Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League Cup 2nd round 22:19 - Aug 11 with 4615 viewsCamberleyR

At home to Oxford, a repeat of the 198....oh hang on, that never happened.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

League Cup 2nd round on 22:20 - Aug 11 with 3025 viewsLongsufferingR

Always good to get a team we've never played in the Cup before
League Cup 2nd round on 22:20 - Aug 11 with 3020 viewsloftboy

How come villas in the northern group but Brum and WBA are in the southern?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

League Cup 2nd round on 22:22 - Aug 11 with 2985 viewsjoolsyp

Sky are calling it the Jamie Mackie derby.
League Cup 2nd round on 22:22 - Aug 11 with 2976 viewsflynnbo

League Cup 2nd round on 22:22 - Aug 11 by joolsyp

Dickie derby.
League Cup 2nd round on 22:22 - Aug 11 with 2969 viewsLongsufferingR

League Cup 2nd round on 22:20 - Aug 11 by loftboy

Away goals?
League Cup 2nd round on 22:25 - Aug 11 with 2930 viewsWatfordR

League Cup 2nd round on 22:22 - Aug 11 by flynnbo

Dickie derby.

Mackie Dickie Derby
League Cup 2nd round on 22:30 - Aug 11 with 2874 viewshamptonhillhoop

League Cup 2nd round on 22:22 - Aug 11 by LongsufferingR

Away goals?

Alphabetical order shirley?
League Cup 2nd round on 22:32 - Aug 11 with 2855 viewsDiscodroids

Oxford, 1986. i was 19...

The whole day at Wembley was about a enjoyable as being on a deep sea fishing expedition to the flemish cap with sex starved fisherman knocking out halibut teeth to use their gums as a fu ck pot and loading bay for their pay load of omega-3 fatty acid mackerel rich harry monk.

Worst day ever as a QPR fAN.

i seek revenge.

urssssssss
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 22:35]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

League Cup 2nd round on 22:33 - Aug 11 with 2845 viewsdavman

League Cup 2nd round on 22:22 - Aug 11 by joolsyp

...and I love the fact that McAnuff had to point out that he played for both Watford and Palace at the end, clearly disappointed that it wasn't christened the Jobi McAnuff derby...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

League Cup 2nd round on 22:38 - Aug 11 with 2786 viewsted_hendrix

Guaranteed to bring a big following.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

League Cup 2nd round on 22:40 - Aug 11 with 2769 viewsToast_R

Never forgotten how that match made me feel. As a 7 year old, I hated Oxford afer that. Revenge, revenge, revenge.
League Cup 2nd round on 22:41 - Aug 11 with 2758 viewsMrSheen

League Cup 2nd round on 22:32 - Aug 11 by Discodroids

The whole day at Wembley was about a enjoyable as being on a deep sea fishing expedition to the flemish cap with sex starved fisherman knocking out halibut teeth to use their gums as a fu ck pot and loading bay for their pay load of omega-3 fatty acid mackerel rich harry monk.

i seek revenge.

urssssssss

DD, I will take your word as a gentleman on the fishing comparison, though it sounds much more enjoyable than the Milk Cup Final. I want revenge for successive humiliations at the Manor Ground in the late 90s. Ray Harford's windscreen was insufficient to quench my bloodlust.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 22:42]
League Cup 2nd round on 22:45 - Aug 11 with 2712 viewsDiscodroids

League Cup 2nd round on 22:41 - Aug 11 by MrSheen

DD, I will take your word as a gentleman on the fishing comparison, though it sounds much more enjoyable than the Milk Cup Final. I want revenge for successive humiliations at the Manor Ground in the late 90s. Ray Harford's windscreen was insufficient to quench my bloodlust.

lol ;-)

That final took me about 6 months to get over. The whole day was a blur and the following morning it all felt like a HP Lovecraft nightmare. unreal.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

League Cup 2nd round on 22:48 - Aug 11 with 2692 viewsSuperhoop83

League Cup 2nd round on 22:32 - Aug 11 by Discodroids

i seek revenge.

urssssssss

I was there aged 16 and it was even worse than the imaginary (I hope) fishing expedition you so vividly describe.

Beyond horrendous, especially after the amazing run to the final.

Suffering since 1978.

League Cup 2nd round on 22:51 - Aug 11 with 2664 viewsMrSheen

League Cup 2nd round on 22:45 - Aug 11 by Discodroids

lol ;-)

That final took me about 6 months to get over. The whole day was a blur and the following morning it all felt like a HP Lovecraft nightmare. unreal.

I was living in Oxford at the time and had to lurk at my parents’ place for a few days before I could face the ridicule of going back. Pass the halibut, don’t care how old it is.
League Cup 2nd round on 22:59 - Aug 11 with 2592 viewsMrSheen

The more I think about it…
Farking Oxford, my first ever game was a 2-1 home defeat to them in 1970, I cried even before kickoff because Rodney was injured.
I remember a dire 1-1 draw when Neil Ruddock and Vinnie Jones tag teamed on Kevin the Giraffe Francis principally because an old boy pissed blood into the Ellerslie urinals next to me at half time. Apart from a 3-1 win one New Year against an Oxford team spearheaded by the immortal Dave Leworthy, I don’t think I’ve ever derived pleasure from watching a game against them.
League Cup 2nd round on 23:00 - Aug 11 with 2585 viewsqueensparker

In 1986 I was 11 and we had all gone on a proper foreign family holiday all the way to Barbados which was a really big deal, but Dad had meticulously planned the flights back to get us to the game in time.

The flight back was so delayed by 15 hours or something, we got home, switched the telly on and the game was kicking off. Legged it to Wembley, getting there for half time and a morose set of mates as we were already losing.

How to make a sh-t day even shitter.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:01]
League Cup 2nd round on 23:02 - Aug 11 with 2562 viewsted_hendrix

League Cup 2nd round on 22:41 - Aug 11 by MrSheen

So It was you who smashed his windscreen? that was a bad-bad game/performance by us.

I have had the pleasure of seeing us win there thanks to a Rodney Marsh headed goal in the dying seconds though and I was stood in the home end and celebrated like a lunatic causing me to be chased by about six of their loonies out of the ground and past the Albion pub and into the distance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

League Cup 2nd round on 23:06 - Aug 11 with 2536 viewskensalriser

Someone needs to get on the phone to Warbs to tell him the mood in the camp and that defeat against Oxord will not be acceptable.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

League Cup 2nd round on 23:54 - Aug 11 with 2399 viewsQPRSteve

Went to the league match at the Manor Ground a few weeks before the final with a couple of mates. The queue for tickets was massive. Finally got to the front to be told that this was the queue for cup final tickets, The booth for match day tickets was round the corner with no queue whatsoever.
League Cup 2nd round on 00:22 - Aug 12 with 2326 viewsDavieQPR

League Cup 2nd round on 22:20 - Aug 11 by loftboy

You would have odd numbers otherwise. Normally it's someone like Walsall or Mansfield but it is affected by who is relegated from Div2 and who is promoted from Conference.
League Cup 2nd round on 00:56 - Aug 12 with 2229 viewskensalriser

Anyone found any highlights yet?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

League Cup 2nd round on 01:05 - Aug 12 with 2212 viewsbob566

Never hated Oxford. That was a great team they had. Hebbard, Houghton and Aldridge. Fair play. They deserved it on the day
League Cup 2nd round on 01:47 - Aug 12 with 2163 viewspaulhoop2

Last time we played oxford must have been 97 ? Harford as manager. Jeez a lot has happened since then !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

League Cup 2nd round on 06:53 - Aug 12 with 1963 viewsSydneyRs

League Cup 2nd round on 01:05 - Aug 12 by bob566

Never hated Oxford. That was a great team they had. Hebbard, Houghton and Aldridge. Fair play. They deserved it on the day

They weren't that good, they were almost relegated that season. Our "performance" that day was, and still is, unforgivable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024