Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley 21:55 - Aug 18 with 8069 viewsWatfordR

Think it's worth dialling back a bit on expectations for this game. No Odubajo, I reckon no Wallace, maybe no Dykes, one or two others struggling and the rest will be knackered.

I think I'd be pleased with a point right now.
Barnsley on 11:51 - Aug 19 with 2448 viewsterryb

Barnsley on 10:09 - Aug 19 by DubaiR

Dieng
dickie de vijs barbet
Kakay Dozzel Johanssen McCullum
Willock Chair
Austin

then Vs Oxford

Archer
Kakay Dunne Masterson
Uncle Bettache Dozzel McCullum
Kelman Austin Armstrong

What has Ball done to deserve being dropped?
Barnsley on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 2437 viewsozexile

Barnsley on 11:51 - Aug 19 by terryb

What has Ball done to deserve being dropped?

I really like Ball. Check out his reaction when he gave the ball away last night and they scored. Total commitment.
Barnsley on 11:57 - Aug 19 with 2433 viewsDavieQPR

And Barnsley have no injury problems, will be fresh as daisies and have completely recovered from losing their Manager and best player. Every team has problems.
Barnsley on 12:13 - Aug 19 with 2380 viewsPinnerPaul

So who is going to LWB, assuming Wallace not available.

Barbet, Dunne, Bettache and Albert the candidates I guess.

Another option of course is to go with a flat back 4
Barnsley on 12:14 - Aug 19 with 2376 viewsenfieldargh

Barnsley on 12:13 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

So who is going to LWB, assuming Wallace not available.

Barbet, Dunne, Bettache and Albert the candidates I guess.

Another option of course is to go with a flat back 4

McCallum if he's ready

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Barnsley on 12:16 - Aug 19 with 2374 viewsdmm

Barnsley on 11:56 - Aug 19 by ozexile

I really like Ball. Check out his reaction when he gave the ball away last night and they scored. Total commitment.

Last night Ball gave a typical performance; untiring and full on, with occasional flashes of skill but not without errors, one of which was bad. His passing accuracy however was unusually high at 92%.

And that is Dom Ball down to a tee!
Barnsley on 12:16 - Aug 19 with 2370 viewsDavieQPR

McCallum will be available. He was back in training Tuesday.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 12:26]
Barnsley on 12:17 - Aug 19 with 2362 viewsPinnerPaul

Barnsley on 12:14 - Aug 19 by enfieldargh

McCallum if he's ready

MW implied he's not ready until Oxford in the pre match interview on offy.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley on 12:41 - Aug 19 with 2270 viewsrsonist

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/forums/bulletin-board.130/

The 100mph flamethrower is no more. Much handwringing about tippy tappy, lacking physicality, too-late subs and abandoning the style too far. Plus obligatory shouts of bedwetters on the other side.
Barnsley on 12:45 - Aug 19 with 2246 viewsNorthernr

Barnsley on 12:17 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

MW implied he's not ready until Oxford in the pre match interview on offy.

Wonder if Barbet goes out there and Dunne comes in?

Carlton Morris out for 8 weeks for them.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Barnsley on 12:52 - Aug 19 with 2219 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Barnsley beat us 3-0 and 3-1 last season. With their 100mph pressing game they are the exact worst team for us to play Saturday, even if they are not as strong as last season. 2 and a bit days recovery, getting back at 3-4am in the morning, exhausting match, no preparation time, Barnsley with 4 days recovery.......

I would be delighted with a draw and keeping close to the leaders. Fearing a loss, but high morale may temporarily cover up the tiredness and lack of prep if we are lucky.
Barnsley on 13:08 - Aug 19 with 2155 viewsNorthernr

Barnsley on 12:52 - Aug 19 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Barnsley beat us 3-0 and 3-1 last season. With their 100mph pressing game they are the exact worst team for us to play Saturday, even if they are not as strong as last season. 2 and a bit days recovery, getting back at 3-4am in the morning, exhausting match, no preparation time, Barnsley with 4 days recovery.......

I would be delighted with a draw and keeping close to the leaders. Fearing a loss, but high morale may temporarily cover up the tiredness and lack of prep if we are lucky.

A draw and a win against Coventry would be a superb first month.
Barnsley on 13:19 - Aug 19 with 2112 viewsrsonist

I'd sooner rather see Thomas or even Domi given a shot at LWB than a complete tactical rejig, at least at first. Four at the back has the potential for several small mismatches to snowball instead of in one area.

Dillon de Silva I think plays left too? - more of a pure winger but if we put Ball and Barbet on special orders and maybe sacrifice Chair for Dozzell to pack midfield it could work.
Barnsley on 14:18 - Aug 19 with 2012 viewsPinnerPaul

Barnsley on 12:45 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Wonder if Barbet goes out there and Dunne comes in?

Carlton Morris out for 8 weeks for them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Barbet good defensively, obviously!, not as good going forward.

Reverse would equally obviously apply to my personal choice - Bettache!
Barnsley on 14:24 - Aug 19 with 2000 viewsrsonist

Barnsley on 14:18 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

Barbet good defensively, obviously!, not as good going forward.

Reverse would equally obviously apply to my personal choice - Bettache!

How are you seeing a relatively undynamic tidy passer at LWB...?
Barnsley on 15:44 - Aug 19 with 1920 viewsPinnerPaul

Barnsley on 14:24 - Aug 19 by rsonist

How are you seeing a relatively undynamic tidy passer at LWB...?

I wouldn't call Wallace 'dynamic'

Just would prefer to see a left footer there and not change the whole system.

Not Barbet for me, but can see why some would opt for him.
Barnsley on 16:18 - Aug 19 with 1816 viewsderbyhoop

Barnsley on 15:44 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

I wouldn't call Wallace 'dynamic'

Just would prefer to see a left footer there and not change the whole system.

Not Barbet for me, but can see why some would opt for him.

We are all assuming (correctly?) Wallace wont be fit. If MacCallum is fit then it's a straight choice between Dunne and Mac. If Dunne, probably Barbet to LWB

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Barnsley on 16:21 - Aug 19 with 1801 viewskensalriser

Barnsley on 13:08 - Aug 19 by Northernr

A draw and a win against Coventry would be a superb first month.

We're playing Coventry twice?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barnsley on 18:47 - Aug 19 with 1655 viewsTW_R

Barnsley on 16:21 - Aug 19 by kensalriser

We're playing Coventry twice?

No, just once, but it's a clever ruse to get 4 points from the one game.
Barnsley on 18:57 - Aug 19 with 1634 viewsextratimeR

I can't imagine a worse team to have to face than Barnsley, ( well West Brom perhaps) they will run and run and hoof anything that's standing still and is in front of them, ( apologies if new Manager has changed them to a more footballing side), I might be on my own on this but watched what their ex Manager has done to West Brom, ( against Bournemouth away), it was appalling and unwatchable IMHO.

I bet they can't believe their luck as to this fixture arriving at the perfect time for them.

Hope I'm wrong.
Barnsley on 19:21 - Aug 19 with 1608 viewsCiderwithRsie

Barnsley on 11:56 - Aug 19 by ozexile

I think he's been great so far this season.

I don't think Warbsball can work without someone like him working their socks off to hold it together. Unselfish hero IMO.
Barnsley on 01:44 - Aug 20 with 1451 viewssilky

Any chance we could get Trev Sinclair his boots back on? Could do with one of his trademark bicycle kicks!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Barnsley on 03:56 - Aug 20 with 1407 viewsjtuck

Barnsley on 12:16 - Aug 19 by dmm

Last night Ball gave a typical performance; untiring and full on, with occasional flashes of skill but not without errors, one of which was bad. His passing accuracy however was unusually high at 92%.

And that is Dom Ball down to a tee!

Agree with this. Thought Clive extremely harsh to give a 5 for him even given that goal conceding error. He has filled in well for Field.

LAranger

Barnsley on 08:04 - Aug 20 with 1280 viewsnix

Barnsley on 18:57 - Aug 19 by extratimeR

I can't imagine a worse team to have to face than Barnsley, ( well West Brom perhaps) they will run and run and hoof anything that's standing still and is in front of them, ( apologies if new Manager has changed them to a more footballing side), I might be on my own on this but watched what their ex Manager has done to West Brom, ( against Bournemouth away), it was appalling and unwatchable IMHO.

I bet they can't believe their luck as to this fixture arriving at the perfect time for them.

Hope I'm wrong.

Yes, I feel a bit sorry for the players as they deserve a bit of a stroll around and a chance to show off a bit at HQ after their magnificent efforts away from home.

It's one of those where the TM 'It is what it is' actually applies. I'm going to be right behind them, but it may be just a step too far, given the lack of rest and preparation. Barnsley don't even need to prep for us as they know their natural game is Kryptonite to our team.

So a draw would be a good result and a win would be an amazing effort.
Barnsley on 12:55 - Aug 20 with 1136 viewsDubaiR

Ball has done nothing to be dropped and has played well, but we will need to make changes to freshen things up, that is all. Who is more crucial Jojo or Ball?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024