Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock post-match 02:52 - Aug 19 with 8155 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just checked out his comments on their Offish with a quick shufty through the sign-up screens. What a graceless, self-deluding Mr 'If I'm honest' Warnockballs he can be! Thinks they should have been two or three up by half-time, our goals were all down to their defensive errors, and they deserved to win the game. With blind vision like that, I 'd say his team will be tumbling down the table at some velocity going forwards. Then there was the ranting at Dickie for no clear reason the ref. didn't have the bottle or fairness to shut down, and his futile fury at the officials leaving the field. It's just like some kind of mania with him.

In fact, they benefited considerably from the ref's generosity while shooting themselves in the foot from start to finish. First, the penalty that seemed to be given on the basis of Dykes just standing around to give them a massive helping hand. Then the softness of Moses' sending-off that made Derry's dismissal at Man U back in the day look like a case of GBH on that cheating tosspot Ashley Young. After that, another penalty appeal that was as 'theatrical' as Sinton said it was (and should have earned a booking and not just some argy bargy from a couple of ours). And, to top it off, despite 10 minutes of added time, they still couldn't conjure a meaningful chance with a one man advantage. Get real, Neil! You were well-beaten on the night by ten players who were and are more talented, capable and committed than your mediocre eleven. Eat that!

Interesting also to see their boards slating Warnock's subs and game managment, as well as Lumley's abilities between the sticks -one or two of whom even acknowledged we were a decent side. That performance had something of everything/for everyone. Now let's see if we can keep proving it!

You lovely Rsssssss!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 2:54]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Warnock post-match on 12:37 - Aug 19 with 3091 viewsWestonsuperR

Warnock post-match on 12:07 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

Warnock's comments sadly predictable.

However, as Clive, with brilliant timing, pointed out they ALL do it.

Our very own Mr W called the pen and sending off 'outrageous' - now it seems most of you agree with me that both were spot on, but even if you don't, they certainly were not 'outrageous' decisions.

I was amazed Warburton tried to question the pen and sending off, both nailed on for me, did he do this to try and counteract what Warnock was clearly going to complain about?
Warnock post-match on 12:40 - Aug 19 with 3069 viewsPinnerPaul

Warnock post-match on 12:37 - Aug 19 by WestonsuperR

I was amazed Warburton tried to question the pen and sending off, both nailed on for me, did he do this to try and counteract what Warnock was clearly going to complain about?

As I say, see Clive's preview - that explains it all!
Warnock post-match on 12:47 - Aug 19 with 3045 viewsWoog

Warnock post-match on 08:22 - Aug 19 by Northernr

I'm a bit worried for him. He's very overweight now, into his 70s, I thought he was going to explode last night. They'll end up carrying him out of football in a box sadly.

Yup.
An old man, now past it, ranting and raving about how unfair everything is, while no one listens.
It didn't end well for King Lear either.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2021 12:47]
Warnock post-match on 12:56 - Aug 19 with 3010 viewsaston_hoop

Had a read of their match-thread over lunch just to see what they make of it all, seems they don't rate Warnock much. Always thought Jonny Howson was a decent player but they cant stand him, I never really notice opposition players that much but they were calling him a 0/10 last night. Also some suggestions he isnt playing the new Argentine midfielder because he isnt a Warnock signing. Maybe things there not as stable as I thought they were.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warnock post-match on 13:20 - Aug 19 with 2944 viewsEsox_Lucius

Warnock post-match on 12:56 - Aug 19 by aston_hoop

Had a read of their match-thread over lunch just to see what they make of it all, seems they don't rate Warnock much. Always thought Jonny Howson was a decent player but they cant stand him, I never really notice opposition players that much but they were calling him a 0/10 last night. Also some suggestions he isnt playing the new Argentine midfielder because he isnt a Warnock signing. Maybe things there not as stable as I thought they were.

"... Howson has the pace of a toddler with a full diaper..."

The grass is always greener.

Warnock post-match on 13:45 - Aug 19 with 2880 viewsfrancisbowles

I'm a bit worried for him. He's very overweight now, into his 70s, I thought he was going to explode last night. They'll end up carrying him out of football in a box sadly.

I'm convinced it's how he wants to go.

He loves it. Can't give up the job or the rants. He's a rogue but a lovable one and will always be one of our rogues.

Hopefully he will get many more farewell tours (seasons) with several other Championship hopefuls before that day.
Warnock post-match on 13:57 - Aug 19 with 2834 viewsted_hendrix

Warnock post-match on 13:45 - Aug 19 by francisbowles

I'm convinced it's how he wants to go.

He loves it. Can't give up the job or the rants. He's a rogue but a lovable one and will always be one of our rogues.

Hopefully he will get many more farewell tours (seasons) with several other Championship hopefuls before that day.

He's achieved some pretty good promotions over the Years and on top of that he once went to Rotherham when they were dead and buried and somehow he managed to keep them up and then look what he achieved here when we were shyte and looking like relegation fodder.
For the life of me I don't know how or why he keeps going, he's bloody berzerk.

Either way he does deserve respect for his achievements, no doubt about that.

He's like a big tub of Marmite.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warnock post-match on 14:16 - Aug 19 with 2778 viewsrsonist

Warnock post-match on 10:20 - Aug 19 by nix

I think it's his last season at Middlesbrough. The fans aren't that keen and if results go against him, things will turn.

Recently appointed a Norwich recruitment guy to be head of football above him so wheels already in motion it seems.
Login to get fewer ads

Warnock post-match on 14:17 - Aug 19 with 2770 viewsPinnerPaul

Warnock post-match on 13:57 - Aug 19 by ted_hendrix

He's achieved some pretty good promotions over the Years and on top of that he once went to Rotherham when they were dead and buried and somehow he managed to keep them up and then look what he achieved here when we were shyte and looking like relegation fodder.
For the life of me I don't know how or why he keeps going, he's bloody berzerk.

Either way he does deserve respect for his achievements, no doubt about that.

He's like a big tub of Marmite.

I agree and I read something from a psychologists once that explained why he and the other managers do it.

Its human nature to blame an "uncontrollable" ie the referee, rather than a 'controllable" ie his players!
Warnock post-match on 14:54 - Aug 19 with 2732 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My mate was watching on a stream over in Sweden and giving me a running commentary. He said, 'I think Warnock is one bad decision away from a Coronary'
Then at the end he said 'Warnock has officially imploded, all that is left is a red nose'
Warnock post-match on 15:19 - Aug 19 with 2650 viewswrinklyhoop

Warnock post-match on 07:50 - Aug 19 by Northernr

The thing with the penalty is, would we have been given that had it have been the other end?

Some other stuff that went on with that referee last night makes me think... not a cat in hell's chance.

The other thing is, having given the pen for a fairly average shirt pull after around ten minutes, he must surely give every other shirt pull in the entire game, leaving aside some discretion with advantage!
Warnock post-match on 15:23 - Aug 19 with 2630 viewsNorthernr

Warnock post-match on 15:19 - Aug 19 by wrinklyhoop

The other thing is, having given the pen for a fairly average shirt pull after around ten minutes, he must surely give every other shirt pull in the entire game, leaving aside some discretion with advantage!

Well he did rather make a rod for his own back with it, because in the first half at least he then made a point of giving a free kick for any tiny bit of contact or shirt pulling at every attacking set piece, which rather degenerated the whole thing into a farce. What was it meant to be about this season? Meaningful contact that affects the outcome of something? There was a free kick he gave Ikpeazu for falling over at the end of the first half was proper comedy stuff.
Warnock post-match on 15:37 - Aug 19 with 2578 viewsPinnerPaul

Warnock post-match on 15:23 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Well he did rather make a rod for his own back with it, because in the first half at least he then made a point of giving a free kick for any tiny bit of contact or shirt pulling at every attacking set piece, which rather degenerated the whole thing into a farce. What was it meant to be about this season? Meaningful contact that affects the outcome of something? There was a free kick he gave Ikpeazu for falling over at the end of the first half was proper comedy stuff.

I think we're going to disagree over the referee's mark, aren't we...........................................................
Warnock post-match on 23:02 - Aug 19 with 2375 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warnock post-match on 12:07 - Aug 19 by PinnerPaul

Warnock's comments sadly predictable.

However, as Clive, with brilliant timing, pointed out they ALL do it.

Our very own Mr W called the pen and sending off 'outrageous' - now it seems most of you agree with me that both were spot on, but even if you don't, they certainly were not 'outrageous' decisions.

Personally, I agree with Warburton on their penalty award, and even Sinton said the 2nd yellow/red for Moses was 'soft', which it was, even if he didn't play well.

I did find it amusing, though, that MW said he had to be careful not to say anything that would get him fined, then goes ahead and uses language like that anyway. More power to his (Stainrod's) elbow!

Warnock post-match on 08:39 - Aug 21 with 2078 viewsPinnerPaul

This from RefChat, re Warnock.

"They spoke about this on TalkSport today and got Martin Cassidy from RefSupport UK on. RSUK had gone on the offensive on Twitter and even contacted Middlesbrough suggesting they needed to take a long hard at themselves for employing Warnock. Martin Keown seemed to get it, but of all the pundits he has always been the most supportive of referees. Simon Jordan wasn't really having it, and was saying that attacking Warnock on Twitter was hypocritical given they are resorting to abuse to try and stop abuse. Cassidy accepted this but said it was needs must and no one was listening, and that Warnock's behaviour was influencing grass roots players and managers

They then, I think unknown to Cassidy, brought in Warnock himself so was a very interesting 15 minutes or so. Warnock claimed he is victimised and does nothing wrong, and comically said that in this incident he was just asking Stephen Martin if he could speak to him 30 minutes after the game and that nothing else was said. You don't need to be a lip reader to know that isn't true, but I think this is part of the problem, Warnock is so used to doing it he is actually on autopilot and afterwards can't really remember what he has done.

As always though the answer is with the referees, if he gets a red card every time he does it he will either stop or he simply won't be employed anymore. No one is going to employ a manager who spends 50% of games in the stand suspended."
Warnock post-match on 09:47 - Aug 21 with 1975 viewsgazza1

Warnock is basically a horrible man, if he didn't play a big part in our promotion to the Premier most of us would not have the time of day for him.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 9:48]
Warnock post-match on 11:38 - Aug 21 with 1889 viewsMyke

Warnock post-match on 10:21 - Aug 19 by LazyFan

Agree with all that you stated here.
Dykes got caught fouling in the box (very silly, he will learn from that) and Moses had totally lost it as soon as he came on in the 2nd half and was a walking Red even before getting caught napping.

Ozzy played deeper so there was no space behind him and Jones was forced to cross from less favourable angles.

The goals we scored were class, Dykes smashed that so hard Lums never even saw it so, I don't blame Lums. It was the fault of the two Boro players who got sucked into Willock and with his class, he dinked Dykes in who did the correct thing, took it a little away from them so, they could not slide tackle and smashed it on target.

I actually thought that was poor management from Warburton, not to replace Moses with Kakay at half time. It was clear that Jones was inside his head at that stage. Ole Gunner got hammered for not removing Fred before he got red-carded last season and rightly so, but this was equally as bad a call in my view.
My son plays right back and one game a couple of years ago was being given an absolute roasting by the left winger. He gave away a penalty and had been yellow-carded by the 30 minute mark. The oppo were targeting him, hitting balls in behind him and quick and all as my son is, his opponent was quicker. At that stage he was completely inside my son's head. It was a red card (and probably another penalty) waiting to happen. I took him off and replaced him with a more 'rudimentary' defender. Part of management, is spotting these thing and taking corrective action before it's too late.
Warnock post-match on 12:27 - Aug 21 with 1839 viewsstainrods_elbow

Warnock post-match on 11:38 - Aug 21 by Myke

I actually thought that was poor management from Warburton, not to replace Moses with Kakay at half time. It was clear that Jones was inside his head at that stage. Ole Gunner got hammered for not removing Fred before he got red-carded last season and rightly so, but this was equally as bad a call in my view.
My son plays right back and one game a couple of years ago was being given an absolute roasting by the left winger. He gave away a penalty and had been yellow-carded by the 30 minute mark. The oppo were targeting him, hitting balls in behind him and quick and all as my son is, his opponent was quicker. At that stage he was completely inside my son's head. It was a red card (and probably another penalty) waiting to happen. I took him off and replaced him with a more 'rudimentary' defender. Part of management, is spotting these thing and taking corrective action before it's too late.

Probably easy for us (and maybe even Warburton) for us to agree with you in hindsight, but I'm wondering if part of the manager's thinking was, rather than the risk of damaging him psychologically, leave him on in the hope that he would grow into the game.

How did your son react to his substitution, I'm wondering, and how did he go from there into his next match from a confidence point of view?

Warnock post-match on 15:44 - Aug 26 with 1645 viewsToast_R

Quite interesting, NW reckons he had it out with Austin, if ever there was a fly on the wall moment.

Warnock post-match on 16:52 - Aug 26 with 1541 viewsLogman

NW's not covering himself in any glory there. Surely he is old and ugly enough to put his hand up and say that he was over the top (notwithstanding Austin's indiscretion).
Warnock post-match on 18:05 - Aug 26 with 1404 viewsMedwayR

I think Warnock has proven the referee bloke (Cassidy?) correct regarding Warnock’s attitude and behaviour towards referees. He should be embarrassed but lacks the self-awareness for that.

Poll: Who’s better?

Warnock post-match on 03:15 - Aug 27 with 1136 viewscharmr

I’m telling you he laid into Faulin for not doing the professional foul to stop the attack and lost the dressing room. You saw his contorted face at the ref, imagine that being thrown at you.

FCuk him, lack of any self awareness, massive hypocrite, bad for the game but good for the media.

The Ferdinand documentary where he talked to Anton. Acted very nonchalantly I thought.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 3:16]
Warnock post-match on 09:38 - Aug 27 with 1005 viewsfrancisbowles

Neil is Colin, we know who he really is. He is 'old school', there won't be any more like him.

He was absolutely brilliant for us, inherited an underperforming team and with a few, fairly inexpensive additions, got it winning in no time at all. All the way to the title in 15 months, in spite of 'Faurlingate' hanging over the club the whole time.

I loved having him manage our club, he is almost certainly in our top ten managers of all time.

Lets now just watch him from the outside and not 'pour oil on troubled waters'
Warnock post-match on 10:34 - Aug 27 with 939 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warnock post-match on 03:15 - Aug 27 by charmr

I’m telling you he laid into Faulin for not doing the professional foul to stop the attack and lost the dressing room. You saw his contorted face at the ref, imagine that being thrown at you.

FCuk him, lack of any self awareness, massive hypocrite, bad for the game but good for the media.

The Ferdinand documentary where he talked to Anton. Acted very nonchalantly I thought.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 3:16]

He wrote about that in his book and regrets it, but both he and Ale say they made up and hugged the next day.
NW has many faults but you don't lose a dressing room for one rant, no matter how popular the player might be.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024