Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire 22:03 - Sep 6 with 3391 viewsthame_hoops

So sad, didn’t realise he had such a horrific childhood either

The wire is the greatest TV show ever, or maybe 2nd to the Sopranos.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9963685/The-star-Wire-actor-Michael-K-W
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 22:07 - Sep 6 with 3362 viewsbosh67

Such a shame. Obviously a tortured soul from childhood. Amazing actor.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 22:23 - Sep 6 with 3318 viewsRanger_Things

RIP
He was incredible in The Wire. Funny you mentioned The Sopranos, he had a small part playing Ray Ray.
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 22:27 - Sep 6 with 3309 viewsted_hendrix

He was easily my favourite character in The Wire, he 'owned' the role.

"Man, Money Ain't Got No Owners, Only Spenders."

RIP etcetera-etcetera.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 23:12 - Sep 6 with 3213 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Very sad. One of the best characters in the best show ever.
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 01:27 - Sep 7 with 3084 viewsSydneyRs

The Wire remains the greatest TV series I've ever seen, by some distance, and he played one of the outstanding characters in it.

RIP

"Omar comin, yo!"
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 02:16 - Sep 7 with 3068 viewsKiwi76

What a shocker - wonderful actor & great in Boardwalk Empire as well.
Tragedy couldn’t shake addictions.
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 08:39 - Sep 7 with 2908 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Gutted. A great actor gone and young too, 54 is no age...

Loved him in The Wire and Boardwalk Empire, but for me his best role was in a series called Hap & Leonard he did with James Purefoy. Only 2 seasons but well worth a watch.

RIP.
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 10:10 - Sep 7 with 2821 viewsBklynRanger

Dreadful news.

Reminds me of Philip Seymour Hoffman's death which also seemed to be a clear overdose - was around the time they started putting lethal levels of fentanyl in with the heroin and people were dropping like flies.

RIP Michael.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 13:34 - Sep 7 with 2691 viewssimmo

Was gutted to see this news last night, being effected by 'celeb' deaths seems a little odd in some ways, but certain ones hit you harder than expected. This was one for me.

I first saw him in The Wire and followed him since, amongst the acting credits is masses and masses of testaments about his community work and the time and support he gave people, especially the underprivileged. A community icon in New York, I imagine the whole of Flat Bush is in deep mourning today. Also goes to show that personal demons are rife and especially dangerous for the sensitive souls among us, I hope this continues to encourage people, men especially, to try and share and address them.

Omar was an amazing character that he made into one of the greatest in history. Wendell Pierce (Bunk) had some great words to say about him and the below interview sums it up for me.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 14:54 - Sep 7 with 2642 viewsthame_hoops

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 13:34 - Sep 7 by simmo

Was gutted to see this news last night, being effected by 'celeb' deaths seems a little odd in some ways, but certain ones hit you harder than expected. This was one for me.

I first saw him in The Wire and followed him since, amongst the acting credits is masses and masses of testaments about his community work and the time and support he gave people, especially the underprivileged. A community icon in New York, I imagine the whole of Flat Bush is in deep mourning today. Also goes to show that personal demons are rife and especially dangerous for the sensitive souls among us, I hope this continues to encourage people, men especially, to try and share and address them.

Omar was an amazing character that he made into one of the greatest in history. Wendell Pierce (Bunk) had some great words to say about him and the below interview sums it up for me.

That is fantastic.

When he gets killed in the wire, that genuinely shocked me, and really upset me at the time, because he was my favourite character! To be upset about a TV character at the time, sounds absurd, but that’s how good an actor he was.
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 16:58 - Sep 7 with 2589 viewsRanger_Things

Marc Maron’s latest WTF is an interview with him from February.
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 19:34 - Sep 7 with 2499 viewsOutWestR

Was great in The Night of, too. Pretty much excellent in everything he was in.
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 21:32 - Sep 7 with 2436 viewsmarkrtid

Truly a class actor. What a loss?

As mentioned above. If you get a chance to find/download Hap and Leonard (3 Seasons). Well worth it.

RIP
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 14:32 - Sep 8 with 2275 viewswestberksr

A great actor and a huge loss; far too young.

will probably rewatch the Wire to remind myself of what a talent he was; to stand out in such a great show is testament to the man's abilities

RIP
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 10:26 - Sep 9 with 2134 viewsthame_hoops

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 14:32 - Sep 8 by westberksr

A great actor and a huge loss; far too young.

will probably rewatch the Wire to remind myself of what a talent he was; to stand out in such a great show is testament to the man's abilities

RIP

The scene where he gives evidence in court is one of my favorite ever episodes
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 00:11 - Sep 23 with 1941 viewsthame_hoops

Currently re-watching the whole series, used to think season 2 was my favourite but now it’s season 5
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 00:43 - Sep 23 with 1903 viewscharmr

The Baltimore Ravens before they came out against the KC Chiefs had Omar,s signature whistle played over the PA system.

Immense game, not a huge NFL fan but admire the skills of the players. Best way to watch the NFL is to have something to do during the ad breaks. Match of the day on iplayer, Ravens on the TV.

Also watched The Cleaner on the I player, very surreal and bizarre.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 0:45]
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 01:55 - Sep 23 with 1874 viewsKiwi76

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 00:11 - Sep 23 by thame_hoops

Currently re-watching the whole series, used to think season 2 was my favourite but now it’s season 5

We’re doing same down here Thame - just through series one & just the way he carries himself…
Omar’s coming
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 09:40 - Sep 23 with 1763 viewsthame_hoops

RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 00:43 - Sep 23 by charmr

The Baltimore Ravens before they came out against the KC Chiefs had Omar,s signature whistle played over the PA system.

Immense game, not a huge NFL fan but admire the skills of the players. Best way to watch the NFL is to have something to do during the ad breaks. Match of the day on iplayer, Ravens on the TV.

Also watched The Cleaner on the I player, very surreal and bizarre.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 0:45]

I missed this as I only started watching at HT (3am in the uk) but saw it all over social media. The writer of the wire was in attendance too and he said he was blown away
RIP Michael K. Williams (NON-QPR) The Wire on 09:46 - Sep 23 with 1757 viewslightwaterhoop

'Its all in the game'

RIP Michael
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024