Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duke McKenna 00:43 - Sep 22 with 5615 viewsqueensparker

Thought his mental cameo deserved a thread - came on like man possessed, just what we needed, put in two or three proper tackles and buzzed about up front when Albert and Charlie and Willock looked dead on their feet. Was really impressed. Then scored a pen.

Another one that looks like he’s got a future
Duke McKenna on 00:46 - Sep 22 with 4650 viewsBoston

He did, in fact he had me worried at first, sure he'd do something stupid...then he scored a calm cool collected penalty. So I can shut up.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 0:46]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Duke McKenna on 00:47 - Sep 22 with 4642 viewsGloryHunter

Yes. Looks very promising. What a home debut.
Duke McKenna on 00:49 - Sep 22 with 4637 viewsMrSheen

A real tornado. Very entertaining
Duke McKenna on 01:48 - Sep 22 with 4522 viewsFerdy

I didn't know he was released by Everton.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-duncan-ferg
Duke McKenna on 07:27 - Sep 22 with 4167 viewsRBlock

This was obviously a huge game for him, playing against his boyhood club that released him. We were talking in the Crown beforehand about how he can sometimes try to do too much in U23 games, but there was none of that. The determination and aggression he played with was a joy, and so rousing for the crowd. Really pleased he scored his penalty as well - quality cameo for the lad and look forward to seeing more of him.
Duke McKenna on 08:01 - Sep 22 with 4021 viewsdaveB

fully expected him to miss that penalty but took it really well, looked very promising
Duke McKenna on 08:14 - Sep 22 with 3977 viewsE17hoop

He did well when he came on at Orient too. Good to know we have another Willock/Chair in the pipeline.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Duke McKenna on 08:15 - Sep 22 with 3973 viewsnix

Duke McKenna on 01:48 - Sep 22 by Ferdy

I didn't know he was released by Everton.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-duncan-ferg

Thanks for that. Really interesting.
Login to get fewer ads

Duke McKenna on 08:19 - Sep 22 with 3955 viewslondonscottish

Duke McKenna on 00:49 - Sep 22 by MrSheen

A real tornado. Very entertaining

+1.

He was bombing about like crazy, winning just about everything, creating havoc.

He looks really promising to me.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Duke McKenna on 08:23 - Sep 22 with 3939 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Duke McKenna on 00:47 - Sep 22 by GloryHunter

Yes. Looks very promising. What a home debut.

Played in the previous round (and looked similarly good) too.
Duke McKenna on 08:24 - Sep 22 with 3928 viewsbosh67

He has real metal. From the little I have seen in his U23 games he has a bit of the Waddocks about him, which is no bad thing. And he's fast.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Duke McKenna on 08:40 - Sep 22 with 3853 viewsHAYESBOY

From what i have seen, I like him a bit more than Bettache. Both good prospects, but McKenna looks to be a more aggressive player. Thought he looked really good against Man U youngsters when he came on in the pre season game.
Think he is 21? Bettache 20? Hopefully we can bring them on.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Duke McKenna on 09:20 - Sep 22 with 3687 viewsdmm

Duke McKenna on 08:40 - Sep 22 by HAYESBOY

From what i have seen, I like him a bit more than Bettache. Both good prospects, but McKenna looks to be a more aggressive player. Thought he looked really good against Man U youngsters when he came on in the pre season game.
Think he is 21? Bettache 20? Hopefully we can bring them on.

Both Duke-McKenna and Bettache are 21.
Duke McKenna on 10:06 - Sep 22 with 3527 viewsstainrods_elbow

Duke McKenna on 08:14 - Sep 22 by E17hoop

He did well when he came on at Orient too. Good to know we have another Willock/Chair in the pipeline.

A different kind of player, surely? Looks much more like a thrusting ball winner than a ball player. But great to see regardless, as I think we need more bite in there at times.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Duke McKenna on 10:07 - Sep 22 with 3517 viewsstainrods_elbow

Duke McKenna on 08:24 - Sep 22 by bosh67

He has real metal. From the little I have seen in his U23 games he has a bit of the Waddocks about him, which is no bad thing. And he's fast.

Mettle or metal? Or is he some kind of Cyberman? :-)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Duke McKenna on 10:11 - Sep 22 with 3514 viewspaulhoop2

Seen him at under 23 level always does well is a great free kick taker too. Looks like Chris Ramsey and Paul Hall have brought a good one through there

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Duke McKenna on 10:14 - Sep 22 with 3498 viewsAntti_Heinola

I was confident on his pen because he was so cool with it v orient.
Reminds me a bit of martin rowlands. I’d take that!

Bare bones.

Duke McKenna on 11:16 - Sep 22 with 3313 viewsParkRoyalR

Read a write up in Liverpool Echo and he's saying how much he's enjoying the trust and confident his coaches at QPR have in him, well done Ramsey, Hall and all.

Warbs is so right in his squad approach and I think we are so lucky to have a superb coaching team who when they tell Warbs a player is ready, he trusts their judgement. Players know if they are good enough they will get a chance to play 1st team + develop their career with us.

If some of our prize assets are sold this year (Dickie + Willock) seems we are already developing ready made replacements (Dunne + Duke McKenna), first time in years you look at what we do and think, yes that makes sense, great work all round.
Duke McKenna on 11:21 - Sep 22 with 3287 viewspaulhoop2

Well said ParkRoyalR

Look at warbs track record of working with young players plus Neil Banfield is proven in the youth development sector after great work at Arsenal most of the up and coming academy players / under 23s that have come out of arsenal over the past 15 / 20 years or so have Been coached by him. Eustace also seems to be doing a great job too must be a reason why he stayed with us rather they take Swanseas job things are looking up for rangers

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Duke McKenna on 11:52 - Sep 22 with 3200 viewsParkRoyalR

Duke McKenna on 11:21 - Sep 22 by paulhoop2

Well said ParkRoyalR

Look at warbs track record of working with young players plus Neil Banfield is proven in the youth development sector after great work at Arsenal most of the up and coming academy players / under 23s that have come out of arsenal over the past 15 / 20 years or so have Been coached by him. Eustace also seems to be doing a great job too must be a reason why he stayed with us rather they take Swanseas job things are looking up for rangers

Agree, seems everyone enjoys going to work on a Monday, and that positivity is obvious in how well new players seem to settle (Dunne, de Wijs etc) and enjoy being part of this group.
Duke McKenna on 12:03 - Sep 22 with 3144 viewsCamberleyR

He looks promising in the brief flashes I've seen and from that interview in the Liverpool Echo he definitely has something about him and seems very determined.

However, I'm sure the management team are lining up a loan move in the new year. At his age he needs to get some senior games under his belt to progress. Definitely worth keeping on the bench in the meantime though.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Duke McKenna on 13:19 - Sep 22 with 2974 viewsLongsufferingR

That tackle over by ER shortly after he came on! Outstanding. Hasn't put a foot wrong in his appearances so far, and the coolness for the penalty as well. Has a big future.
Duke McKenna on 13:46 - Sep 22 with 2889 viewsBklynRanger

Duke McKenna on 13:19 - Sep 22 by LongsufferingR

That tackle over by ER shortly after he came on! Outstanding. Hasn't put a foot wrong in his appearances so far, and the coolness for the penalty as well. Has a big future.

No pun intended but he totally picked his pocket - was one of the highlights, which is saying something. Am sure he'll watch it back a few times.
Duke McKenna on 14:34 - Sep 22 with 2780 viewssaxbend

We could have another Mackie on our hands if he stays that hungry throughout his career.
Duke McKenna on 18:12 - Sep 22 with 2557 viewsdade_murphy

Very happy for the lad.

Saw from his twitter that his dad? passed away quite suddenly recently.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/raising-funds-for-the-funeral-of-ronald-kleh-duke?utm

Note the fat donations from Warbs, Chris Ramsey, Lee Hoos, Ruben. Couldn't be happier that these guys run this club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024