Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke 17:18 - Sep 22 with 2216 viewsPinnerPaul

Forget formations, promotions, cup runs etc THIS is what football is about.

What a great interview!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/amos-that-was-incredible-220921/
Luke on 17:24 - Sep 22 with 2157 viewsterryb

Thanks Paul.

What a great smile on his face that he can't get rid off!
Luke on 17:25 - Sep 22 with 2151 viewsbarbicanranger

What a great lad and really hope he can get a settled period now.
Luke on 17:40 - Sep 22 with 2071 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lovely. Thanks for sharing, PP.

Don't mind saying - I welled up a bit there!

I don't usually go for hero worship with our players, but at the same time I love them to be humble, to be decent, to have ethics that we as a club espouse and applaud. And I love when we have players who fit that bill. As we do know. Amos seems a really good person.

And it's easy to forget that when a QPR player suffers a serious injury then it is no less mentally challenging for them than it is for amateur players that we know in our own lives, that we play alongside, that we call our friends.

As it's their livelihood, it may even be more psychologically demanding.

Delighted for Amos. And a big up to Adam.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke on 18:45 - Sep 22 with 1911 viewsbosh67

Luke on 17:40 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Lovely. Thanks for sharing, PP.

Don't mind saying - I welled up a bit there!

I don't usually go for hero worship with our players, but at the same time I love them to be humble, to be decent, to have ethics that we as a club espouse and applaud. And I love when we have players who fit that bill. As we do know. Amos seems a really good person.

And it's easy to forget that when a QPR player suffers a serious injury then it is no less mentally challenging for them than it is for amateur players that we know in our own lives, that we play alongside, that we call our friends.

As it's their livelihood, it may even be more psychologically demanding.

Delighted for Amos. And a big up to Adam.

Absolutely this. I almost welled up there as well. Great that the question was asked about Adam and the medical team. What a brilliant young man Luke is. I hold my hand up because I’ve been a doubter of him given his previous injuries and a rather low key stint to begin with. But we all started to see the real player this guy can be for us before the injury and to come back with such enthusiasm and love of what is an adopted club is really something. Apart from when we went up under warnock I can’t think of a team that’s had so many characters of the right sort in it. Perhaps this is the best set of players of the right type we’ve had in a few generations? I’m pretty bloody happy about this club at the moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luke on 18:48 - Sep 22 with 1894 viewsdmm

I always feel like I want to put an arm around Amos and say in my best reassuring and fatherly voice, "Son, you're doing fine. Just believe in yourself and keep going". So want him to blossom into that wonderful footballer we've seen now and then.
Luke on 23:15 - Sep 22 with 1667 viewsDWQPR

Just seen the interview and was about to start a new thread before I saw this one. I think everything has been said that I was going to say. And last night he certainly showed glimpses of the player we hope he will become and without doubt has bulked out a bit. Let’s hope this is the start of a wonderful career in football for the lad. Well done Luke.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Luke on 01:30 - Sep 23 with 1552 viewsLythamR

can't help smiling watching that. Fingers crossed that there are no major setbacks because he has the ability to be a big player for us this season
Luke on 07:26 - Sep 23 with 1407 viewsHarbour

Well done Luke great to have you back . Hope all goes well and we see you on the pitch again soon. Nice pen by the way!
Login to get fewer ads

Luke on 07:40 - Sep 23 with 1374 viewsPhildo

He does not mention in that interview that he also has been working to get a supply of safe water to a remote Nigerian Village during his lay off. What a decent young man.
Luke on 08:21 - Sep 23 with 1300 viewsstevec

There was a point where a 50/50 ball was between him and I think Decoure, who was coming in side on. Feared the worst but Amos didn’t pull out at all and got the ball.

Horrible injury, but both knees takes some coming back. Best of luck to him, he deserves some.
Luke on 09:30 - Sep 23 with 1161 viewsThe_Beast1976

Luke on 18:45 - Sep 22 by bosh67

Absolutely this. I almost welled up there as well. Great that the question was asked about Adam and the medical team. What a brilliant young man Luke is. I hold my hand up because I’ve been a doubter of him given his previous injuries and a rather low key stint to begin with. But we all started to see the real player this guy can be for us before the injury and to come back with such enthusiasm and love of what is an adopted club is really something. Apart from when we went up under warnock I can’t think of a team that’s had so many characters of the right sort in it. Perhaps this is the best set of players of the right type we’ve had in a few generations? I’m pretty bloody happy about this club at the moment.

The team of 2003/04 will never be beaten in terms of players being the 'right sort' and QPR supporters etc, but this team is right up there. A real pleasure to watch (and i say that as someone who had turned their back on modern football with all its money, celebrity players etc) and players who clearly want to play for the club rather than just the money. They also clearly appreciate the support of the fans. The club is, in my opinion, in its best state since that brilliant 2003/04 season (which was the culmination of a lot of hard work in the 2001/02 and 2002/03 seasons. Jeez I loved those times following the team home and away).

Special mention to the team of the early 90s. Another fantastic bunch of players with the right attitude and passion for the club (albeit that it was in the days before money ruined football, so players were generally much more of the 'right sort' at most clubs)
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 9:31]
Luke on 09:37 - Sep 23 with 1125 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great to see Luke back, think he is a very good player and offers a lot in the midfield. Looking forward to Sam Field returning as well, he offers a lot as well. What a great range of midfield signings by Mark Warburton in last 2 years.
Luke on 09:45 - Sep 23 with 1102 viewsed_83

What a great watch. I think we've all had our criticisms of Luke as a player at one point or another, but there are absolutely no doubts about his quality as a person. Such a struggle to come back from an injury like that, absolutely delighted to see his dedication and resilience pay off. He's shown hw good a player he can be, keeping everything crossed that he can kick on from here.

Also brilliant to see what a strong sense of professionalism and commitment we're building throughout the club, not just the playing squad and the manager but the backroom staff too, and even the marketing team thinking to include the lesser-heralded medical staff in an interview like this. Feeling very proud to be a QPR supporter this morning.
Luke on 10:27 - Sep 23 with 1035 viewsW7Ranger

Luke on 09:30 - Sep 23 by The_Beast1976

The team of 2003/04 will never be beaten in terms of players being the 'right sort' and QPR supporters etc, but this team is right up there. A real pleasure to watch (and i say that as someone who had turned their back on modern football with all its money, celebrity players etc) and players who clearly want to play for the club rather than just the money. They also clearly appreciate the support of the fans. The club is, in my opinion, in its best state since that brilliant 2003/04 season (which was the culmination of a lot of hard work in the 2001/02 and 2002/03 seasons. Jeez I loved those times following the team home and away).

Special mention to the team of the early 90s. Another fantastic bunch of players with the right attitude and passion for the club (albeit that it was in the days before money ruined football, so players were generally much more of the 'right sort' at most clubs)
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 9:31]

Ever since the 80's, the first few years of each decade have always been good/transforming periods for the club. Let's hope this is another one of those periods.

Yes I'm superstitious!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024