Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland (h) 22:11 - Sep 22 with 13628 viewsdavman

OK then...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sunderland (h) on 00:02 - Oct 20 with 2730 viewssafcinpeace

So a few weeks have gone past since there was discussion about this game. In that time lost 4-0 to Pompey in a water polo game other then that our record in all games is played 17 won 14 drawn 1 lost 2 this season.

We have picked up a few injuries, mainly in wide positions but might have a couple back by next week. So we will be coming into this game feeling good with nothing to lose being the lowest ranked team still in the cup, but!

So how have you been doing?
Sunderland (h) on 00:08 - Oct 20 with 2685 viewsLogman

We have been doing OK but struggling during first halves until our managerial team work out how we can win a game. That said, we don't buckle under. But we start tentatively and teams can get in behind us down the flanks. But if you are missing wide players ...??

Much will depend on the fringe players that we bring in and whether they knit in or are out of form.
Sunderland (h) on 08:42 - Oct 20 with 2437 viewssafcinpeace

Sunderland (h) on 00:08 - Oct 20 by Logman

We have been doing OK but struggling during first halves until our managerial team work out how we can win a game. That said, we don't buckle under. But we start tentatively and teams can get in behind us down the flanks. But if you are missing wide players ...??

Much will depend on the fringe players that we bring in and whether they knit in or are out of form.

Well after last night McGeady was back in the starting 11 and Dajaku came on as a sub and scored, we might not be to bad for wide players, but will have little cover on the bench out wide.

In my first post I talked about Dan Neil and you need watch this lad he is only 19 and the press are calling him the best player in this league by a country mile. He is a local lad and a life long fan and there is talk of him being captain next season to try to keep him at the club when the big boys come calling. Leeds tried to buy him under our previous owners in the summer of 2020, but he refused to leave. At the time the idiots running the club would have taken £50k for him!
Sunderland (h) on 09:01 - Oct 20 with 2358 viewsBostonR

At some point we are going to take all the chances we create and give someone a real hiding. Championship is a tough league and essentially we have been beaten by the top three teams (all away from home).
We are a good side, we score in every game, we are never out of a game and at some point we are going to smash someone. Peterborough away next and then Sunderland at home. Warburton will want to win both of these.
Sunderland (h) on 23:08 - Oct 20 with 2068 viewssafcinpeace

Sunderland (h) on 09:01 - Oct 20 by BostonR

At some point we are going to take all the chances we create and give someone a real hiding. Championship is a tough league and essentially we have been beaten by the top three teams (all away from home).
We are a good side, we score in every game, we are never out of a game and at some point we are going to smash someone. Peterborough away next and then Sunderland at home. Warburton will want to win both of these.

As far as support on the night goes we have sold out our allocation , so it should be a good atmosphere.
Sunderland (h) on 23:16 - Oct 20 with 2033 viewseastside_r

Sunderland (h) on 23:08 - Oct 20 by safcinpeace

As far as support on the night goes we have sold out our allocation , so it should be a good atmosphere.

I am expecting some witty and inventive songs about your near neighbours and their delightful new owners. Don’t let us down Mackems.
Sunderland (h) on 23:47 - Oct 20 with 1977 viewskensalriser

Sunderland (h) on 09:01 - Oct 20 by BostonR

The old we're going to give someone a hiding trope seems to appear with monotonous regularity despite the inescapable fact it's usually us on the receiving end, ie Fulham.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sunderland (h) on 01:27 - Oct 21 with 1907 viewsBoston

FFS Logman, supplying information to the oppo is treason, punishable by ...well, a slap on the wrist nowadays.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland (h) on 08:48 - Oct 21 with 1802 viewssafcinpeace

Sunderland (h) on 01:27 - Oct 21 by Boston

FFS Logman, supplying information to the oppo is treason, punishable by ...well, a slap on the wrist nowadays.

To be fair it was an change of info. 😇
Sunderland (h) on 08:52 - Oct 21 with 1782 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sunderland (h) on 23:47 - Oct 20 by kensalriser

The old we're going to give someone a hiding trope seems to appear with monotonous regularity despite the inescapable fact it's usually us on the receiving end, ie Fulham.

Made me laugh.

But you're right. In all my years I have never heard a Rangers fan say "d'you know what - the way we're playing...sounds odd, but...if we can stay consistent for ninety minutes...I can see someone really hammering six or seven past us".

Never.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sunderland (h) on 09:59 - Oct 21 with 1661 viewsNorthantsHoop

I hope our supporters turn out for Sunderland on Tuesday and we are able to get the home stands as full as possible, still seems a lot of tickets available. This game is the best opportunity to progess in a cup competition that we have had in a long while. Sunderland have sold out their allocation. The club have missed a bit of a trick again with their ticket pricing, should had this priced at say between £10 and £15. If you can afford to go both on time and money front give it a go, we could get a plum quarter final draw if we progress. The Everton game was a really great night, hopefully we can do it again.
Sunderland (h) on 10:18 - Oct 21 with 1598 viewsJuzzie

I might, might, be able to make this. Due to all sort of family/work/kids etc reasons it's been really difficult getting to games for a few years (Covid aside) but if all the cards fall into place I should be able to go.

Guaranteed shellacking by Sunderland on the cards then!

My Mum (though originally from SE London/Kent) lived in Northumberland for a decade during the 90's and always looked out for Sunderland's results, never Newcastle.
Sunderland (h) on 11:09 - Oct 21 with 1537 viewsLanhoop

Sunderland (h) on 09:59 - Oct 21 by NorthantsHoop

I hope our supporters turn out for Sunderland on Tuesday and we are able to get the home stands as full as possible, still seems a lot of tickets available. This game is the best opportunity to progess in a cup competition that we have had in a long while. Sunderland have sold out their allocation. The club have missed a bit of a trick again with their ticket pricing, should had this priced at say between £10 and £15. If you can afford to go both on time and money front give it a go, we could get a plum quarter final draw if we progress. The Everton game was a really great night, hopefully we can do it again.

This ticket price thing isn't completely in the home clubs control. The rules split the income (after costs) 45% to each team and 10% to the EFL so the ticket price always needs to be agreed between both teams. I'd assume Sunderland want to maximise their income from their cup run so it may just as much be them who set the price.
Sunderland (h) on 11:14 - Oct 21 with 1514 viewsNorthantsHoop

Sunderland (h) on 11:09 - Oct 21 by Lanhoop

This ticket price thing isn't completely in the home clubs control. The rules split the income (after costs) 45% to each team and 10% to the EFL so the ticket price always needs to be agreed between both teams. I'd assume Sunderland want to maximise their income from their cup run so it may just as much be them who set the price.

Checked Sunderland's site and they charged £19 for their supporters tickets, the same as out ST holders, yet our non season ticket holders charged £25 for a ticket.
Sunderland (h) on 11:16 - Oct 21 with 1503 viewsLanhoop

Sunderland (h) on 11:14 - Oct 21 by NorthantsHoop

Checked Sunderland's site and they charged £19 for their supporters tickets, the same as out ST holders, yet our non season ticket holders charged £25 for a ticket.

Yeah, they'd have agreed a minimum ticket price not a structured pricing model
Sunderland (h) on 12:05 - Oct 21 with 1439 viewssafcinpeace

To be fair, you would be very lucky to get a ticket for this game as a Sunderland fan if you were not a season card holder, very few went to general sale.
Sunderland (h) on 14:21 - Oct 21 with 1261 viewsTrom

Sunderland (h) on 08:52 - Oct 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Made me laugh.

But you're right. In all my years I have never heard a Rangers fan say "d'you know what - the way we're playing...sounds odd, but...if we can stay consistent for ninety minutes...I can see someone really hammering six or seven past us".

Never.

I did when we played Newcastle at home under Hasslebaink
Sunderland (h) on 14:27 - Oct 21 with 1235 viewsNorthantsHoop

Sunderland (h) on 12:05 - Oct 21 by safcinpeace

To be fair, you would be very lucky to get a ticket for this game as a Sunderland fan if you were not a season card holder, very few went to general sale.

Best of luck to them if they have struck a better deal. Just looked again at their ticket site and they look like they have been given more tickets in School End and are selling restricted view at £17 and lower tier at £19.
I just find it bizarre that our fans are having to pay 25% more for a ticket to this game and anyway Sunderland are a league below us, so should not attract a premium like a top premier team.
Sunderland (h) on 14:51 - Oct 21 with 1193 viewsNorthernr

Sunderland (h) on 12:05 - Oct 21 by safcinpeace

Mate I've dropped you a DM (top right corner of the site when you're logged in) with some questions for our match preview which publishes on Monday if you fancy helping us out?
Sunderland (h) on 16:14 - Oct 21 with 1044 viewsDavieQPR

Hull and Peterborough were flying high in Div 1 last season. Look at them now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024