Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts 22:12 - Sep 24 with 5080 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This was always going to be one of the toughest away games. Ismael-Ball with quality players was always going to be a huge challenge for a developing team like ours that thrives on possession.

It was interesting how we changed our kick-out strategy. It worked.

I thought that we missed Wallace hugely tonight: his experience and leadership would have been great but also we would have had Barbet back at LCB covering behind the other two centre-backs.

Jo-Jo was poor tonight, and as an International Captain he might have been the player we would have expected to pass quick, often and to beat the press. Bad timing.

Kudos to the management for starting Gray. Worked a treat.

Finally, we worked hard. Very hard. But we're a way off yet. I fully expect us to develop over the season.

We'll be close.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Thoughts on 22:15 - Sep 24 with 3193 viewsdistortR

can't overstate how us playing this team with this style of hoofball after a full-pelt game on tuesday worked against us. Should have been moved to sunday, hey-ho, sky decide.
Thoughts on 22:19 - Sep 24 with 3144 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thoughts on 22:15 - Sep 24 by distortR

can't overstate how us playing this team with this style of hoofball after a full-pelt game on tuesday worked against us. Should have been moved to sunday, hey-ho, sky decide.

True, too.

Thoughts on 22:23 - Sep 24 with 3080 viewsSonofNorfolt

If not for a bad mistake we would have won. Andre Grey should have been taken off in the second half……
Thoughts on 22:24 - Sep 24 with 3074 viewsPaddyhoops

We' re back to having to score 3 to win a game of football.
Tough games , everyone one of them but
We'll challenge for nothing if we keep conceding preventable goals.
Very frustrating.
Thoughts on 22:29 - Sep 24 with 2990 viewsted_hendrix

My thoughts will be at about 10pm on Tuesday night after the Birmingham game, then like most clubs we'll have played ten games and probably be just above mid table after everything has settled down.
It's boring I know but any club who are conceding 2 goals late in a game as regularly as we are have a glaring problem, you can moan about WBA's style of play all you want but you have to deal with what's in front of you.
We beat ourselves tonight, not the Sky commentators or pundits or the traffic jams, It's a sickening result and unnecessary.
Chair and Dieng shouldn't get flack from us, but dear me at this level of football that shouldn't have happened tonight.

I Like to get 10 games under the belt first then see where we are.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Thoughts on 22:29 - Sep 24 with 2985 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thoughts on 22:23 - Sep 24 by SonofNorfolt

If not for a bad mistake we would have won. Andre Grey should have been taken off in the second half……

I agree that Gray should have been replaced.

But I think that that we might have conceded one way or the other. I'm not sure we were ever in control of this game.

Thoughts on 22:31 - Sep 24 with 2961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thoughts on 22:29 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

My thoughts will be at about 10pm on Tuesday night after the Birmingham game, then like most clubs we'll have played ten games and probably be just above mid table after everything has settled down.
It's boring I know but any club who are conceding 2 goals late in a game as regularly as we are have a glaring problem, you can moan about WBA's style of play all you want but you have to deal with what's in front of you.
We beat ourselves tonight, not the Sky commentators or pundits or the traffic jams, It's a sickening result and unnecessary.
Chair and Dieng shouldn't get flack from us, but dear me at this level of football that shouldn't have happened tonight.

I Like to get 10 games under the belt first then see where we are.

Great post, Ted.

Thoughts on 22:31 - Sep 24 with 2950 viewsQPRSteve

Not too despondent. I thought we played well considering the circumstances. Still think we will br in the top six at the end of the season.

Chair's decision making needs to improve. Holding on to the ball too long at times at shooting from tight angles when there are players waiting for a good delivery into the box.
Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on 22:33 - Sep 24 with 2919 viewsBklynRanger

- 3 games in 6 days
- 26 shots against Brizzle. Most people thought we were great and unlucky to loose.
- Heroic win against Everton - sublime night to remember.
- 15 mins away from a great, ugly, exhausted away win tonight.

The main thing at this moment is to not over react, over analyse, over pontificate (no chance sadly).
Thoughts on 22:35 - Sep 24 with 2899 viewsbob566

I've never watched a more comfortable game on sky watching QPR until the og. They never looked like scoring. Gifted them the win.
Thoughts on 22:41 - Sep 24 with 2830 viewsMyke

Thoughts on 22:29 - Sep 24 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree that Gray should have been replaced.

But I think that that we might have conceded one way or the other. I'm not sure we were ever in control of this game.

But neither were they second half, before Dieng's error, Brian.I think that was their first shot on target second half. It was a terrible half of championship 'football' at its worst and it was dying a natural death until the OG.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 22:55]
Thoughts on 22:42 - Sep 24 with 2826 viewsstrikerace

I hear a lot of the comments above, but it pisses me off that we altered how we play. When we play our style we are tough. Instead we changed, and I can only assume its because Warbs thought WBA was better than us. I don't believe that all. I'd rather throw our full attack at them and make them change their style. If we lose we lose, but I don't think so. Its like we have an inferiority complex and just assume we can't compete with them playing how we play everywhere else. I'm sure the other PL sides didn't change how they play jsut for WBA/
Thoughts on 22:48 - Sep 24 with 2772 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Feel a bit for Dieng.

Chair giving the ball away cheaply - almost by election - with only three defenders deeper than him just about sums us up at the moment. Lots of huffing and puffing. Lots of really great football. Long periods of being the better team… all undone by one moment of stupidity.

It’s so frustrating. But it’s happening too often for us to feel sorry for ourselves. I really, really like this team but I’m afraid it’s showing itself to be incredibly naive.
Thoughts on 22:49 - Sep 24 with 2770 viewsVancouverHoop

Thoughts on 22:33 - Sep 24 by BklynRanger

- 3 games in 6 days
- 26 shots against Brizzle. Most people thought we were great and unlucky to loose.
- Heroic win against Everton - sublime night to remember.
- 15 mins away from a great, ugly, exhausted away win tonight.

The main thing at this moment is to not over react, over analyse, over pontificate (no chance sadly).

Learning to win ugly is clearly something we need to learn how to do if we want to be contenders. Do we have the players for it? I'm not sure, but we certainly have to find a way to see games out.

When we're good we play with joy and panache which is exhilarating, but not every team will let us play that way. Sometimes you have to dig in, and I haven't seen that from us yet. Not close.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 22:50]
Thoughts on 22:50 - Sep 24 with 2747 viewsNottsQPR

Thoughts on 22:42 - Sep 24 by strikerace

I hear a lot of the comments above, but it pisses me off that we altered how we play. When we play our style we are tough. Instead we changed, and I can only assume its because Warbs thought WBA was better than us. I don't believe that all. I'd rather throw our full attack at them and make them change their style. If we lose we lose, but I don't think so. Its like we have an inferiority complex and just assume we can't compete with them playing how we play everywhere else. I'm sure the other PL sides didn't change how they play jsut for WBA/

I don’t want to sound snidely but have you watched us against Ismael-ball before? We’ve been ripped to shreds at times. Warbs had his tactics right and must be mighty pissed off.
Thoughts on 22:54 - Sep 24 with 2705 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Next two matches are very winnable. Need to get six points and stop thinking about 'could have, should have, would have.' I'd start Amos on Tuesday.
Thoughts on 22:57 - Sep 24 with 2665 viewsVancouverHoop

Thoughts on 22:54 - Sep 24 by Wegerles_Stairs

Next two matches are very winnable. Need to get six points and stop thinking about 'could have, should have, would have.' I'd start Amos on Tuesday.

Warbs might not have a lot of choice, given how Jojo was moving when he went off.
Thoughts on 22:59 - Sep 24 with 2647 viewsToast_R

Ah well, that wasn't very enjoyable. Nearly so good but if you don't want to attack, you run the risk of imploding. The train out of the Hawthornes back to Birmingham was even worse.
Thoughts on 23:04 - Sep 24 with 2610 viewsstrikerace

Thoughts on 22:50 - Sep 24 by NottsQPR

I don’t want to sound snidely but have you watched us against Ismael-ball before? We’ve been ripped to shreds at times. Warbs had his tactics right and must be mighty pissed off.

I would have preferred to make them stop us, rather than sit back and try to stop them. If we played like we did Tuesday we may have teared them apart. I'm sure every club that plays an Ismael managed side doesn't automatically change to a style they don't play that well just because he is Ismael. If they do then he has won before it starts.
Thoughts on 23:07 - Sep 24 with 2592 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Thoughts on 23:04 - Sep 24 by strikerace

I would have preferred to make them stop us, rather than sit back and try to stop them. If we played like we did Tuesday we may have teared them apart. I'm sure every club that plays an Ismael managed side doesn't automatically change to a style they don't play that well just because he is Ismael. If they do then he has won before it starts.

You didn’t answer his question.
Thoughts on 23:27 - Sep 24 with 2476 viewsNorthantsHoop

We are still a work in progress, to be honest we have only lost narrowly to Bournemouth and West Brom, although our failure to close out games and commit errors is frustrating. We still need to get those home wins going only one so far, and the next two are key to see if we pick ourselves up from tonight.
I keep it all in perspective we beat a premier team on Tuesday book ourselves into a plum 4th round cup tie, we lose narrowly tonight against a team that cost millions and is fancied to go straight back up to the Premier league.
Thoughts on 23:29 - Sep 24 with 2455 viewsBasingstokeR

Thoughts on 23:04 - Sep 24 by strikerace

"I'm sure every club that plays an Ismael managed side doesn't automatically change to a style they don't play that well just because he is Ismael."

Did you listen to the analysis? It was a point that most clubs *are* doing this against WBA yes?
Thoughts on 23:38 - Sep 24 with 2409 viewsstrikerace

Thoughts on 23:07 - Sep 24 by Padulas_Shampoo

You didn’t answer his question.

Do you mean last season? 0-3 and 1-3? Yes.
Thoughts on 23:39 - Sep 24 with 2391 viewsstainrods_elbow

Thoughts on 22:42 - Sep 24 by strikerace

This! In my book, we beat ourselves tonight, both in completely junking our approach (which was good enough to outplay 5th in the Prem Everton for periods) and then through a lack of bravery, gumption, care and energy on the pitch. Both players and management really dipped in my estimation tonight, and it's a big shame.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Thoughts on 23:40 - Sep 24 with 2393 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

We just need to keep believing. It's still a very decent start to the season. Nothing is even remotely decided yet. Our fans are amazing.

I was exhausted after 30 mins. That 4 hour hike in the Malverns on the way up to the game didn't help!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024