Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where do we go from here. 01:02 - Sep 26 with 4139 viewsqpr_1968

3 defeats on the trot.
2 goals per game.....against.
3 at the back still does'nt work.
not saying 4, 4 , 2 does, but warbs must come up with a plan b.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

where do we go from here. on 10:27 - Sep 26 with 1089 viewsWatfordR

We're not talking about losing goals and games because of system flaws. We're talking about individual errors of the shoot yourself in the foot variety. Dickie against Bournemouth, and we get at least a draw if not a win. Dieng against West Brom and IMO we certainly get the win. De Wijs doesn't slip against Bristol and we get the draw.

None of that is down to the system. Cut out the individual errors and there isn't much wrong. Our biggest problem with a small squad is injuries, and that would be a far bigger concern for me right now. We are exposed at LWB, and with JoJo apparently suffering a hammy, Field out and Amos only just back, we are short there now. But it is what it is. We can't have financial prudence and players racked and stacked for every position.
where do we go from here. on 10:31 - Sep 26 with 1070 viewsWegerles_Stairs

where do we go from here. on 10:10 - Sep 26 by ted_hendrix

Lets not just assume that the next two home games are winnable, they are equally just as likely to kick us in the nuts.
There isn't an easy game in this league and that's a fact.
We've got a good squad of players and a good Manager to go with them, unfortunately though the recent three league games have found us 'pissing in the wind'.
Talk of the play offs at the moment is futile, we're just about hanging onto 10th place and that's where our results dictate where we should be.
Not being negative just facing facts, our last 9 league results both good and bad are history.

Yes, but they are winnable; a promotion-chasing team needs to be winning games like these. It's the Bristol City game that makes the recent run seem bad - losing by the odd goal to Bournemouth and WBA is annoying but not the end of the world.

If we're serious about going up, we bounce back with six points this week. No excuses about bad luck, injuries or Friday night Sky games - just two ruthless performances.
where do we go from here. on 10:32 - Sep 26 with 1049 viewsgazza1

Lets not just assume that the next two home games are winnable, they are equally just as likely to kick us in the nuts.
We've got a good squad of players and a good Manager to go with them, unfortunately though the recent three league games have found us 'pissing in the wind'.
Talk of the play offs at the moment is futile, we're just about hanging onto 10th place and that's where our results dictate where we should be.
Not being negative just facing facts, our last 9 league results both good and bad are history.

Every game is tough Ted, even bottom of the league guys......anyone who thinks otherwise are deluded.

We have a proper decent squad which imho are good enough for the play-offs.....if we get there is another subject!!!

But to get there, we must stop making individual errors and take our chances. Our football is good enough otherwise.
where do we go from here. on 10:41 - Sep 26 with 1054 viewsParkRoyalR

where do we go from here. on 10:09 - Sep 26 by gazza1

Just say what you mean....and stop 'fudging it' That is what you are doing and trying to 'wiggle' out of it. I have not got a problem with that view that you think Field is the 'answer' but I do not agree with it. I think Ball deserves his right to start as frequently as he does. Field will need to prove himself to me before he gets into the side ahead of Ball but others, like you, appear to have your mind set already. Wrong, in my opinion, when Ball is doing very well but unnoticed by many.

As for Dykes, excuses, excuses, excuses....that is all you have got. Stand up and be counted, he missed sitters against Bristol which would have sealed the points before Wells netted the winner. If you don't think that then you are wrong once again.

Gazza, have you ever thought of starting your own forum, maybe contrary.com or letsalwaysblamedykes.com

Dykes missed one what I would call an easy chance against Bristol (as did Gray + Austin), which he created himself with an excellent give + go, another facet to his game so many said he did'nt have when he was criticised for not being able to create his own chances.

Dykes was unfortunate with a brilliant header v Bristol that came back off the inside off the post (similar to Austin's glancing headed 2nd goal v Everton) and forced their keeper into an excellent save when he took his 1-on-1 early (compare to Austin's very poor effort in same position just after when he tamely lobbed the ball into the keepers mid-rift). So arguably all 3 of our strikers failed to take a very good chance when it came their way but you focus on Dykes missing sitters, sitters, sitters - usual made-up contrary nonsense.

I do enjoy that your statement of facts (Austin will start next game heh) are always wrong, and that you hav'nt worked out that Ball is in the team to cover and do SJ's running (ever heard the term 'water-carrier') but when you deliberately sque facts to continually criticise a player who's playing well and integral to how our team is set up, its justifies a response.
where do we go from here. on 10:57 - Sep 26 with 1007 viewsgazza1

where do we go from here. on 10:41 - Sep 26 by ParkRoyalR

Gazza, have you ever thought of starting your own forum, maybe contrary.com or letsalwaysblamedykes.com

Dykes missed one what I would call an easy chance against Bristol (as did Gray + Austin), which he created himself with an excellent give + go, another facet to his game so many said he did'nt have when he was criticised for not being able to create his own chances.

Dykes was unfortunate with a brilliant header v Bristol that came back off the inside off the post (similar to Austin's glancing headed 2nd goal v Everton) and forced their keeper into an excellent save when he took his 1-on-1 early (compare to Austin's very poor effort in same position just after when he tamely lobbed the ball into the keepers mid-rift). So arguably all 3 of our strikers failed to take a very good chance when it came their way but you focus on Dykes missing sitters, sitters, sitters - usual made-up contrary nonsense.

I do enjoy that your statement of facts (Austin will start next game heh) are always wrong, and that you hav'nt worked out that Ball is in the team to cover and do SJ's running (ever heard the term 'water-carrier') but when you deliberately sque facts to continually criticise a player who's playing well and integral to how our team is set up, its justifies a response.

Thats up to you what you think about Dykes....I think he should have scored goal(s) v Bristol - simple and clear - game over if he did but he did not. You think he did OK to miss chances.

I do not believe that Dykes has started ahead of CA(when fit) this season.

Dykes has had one decent game that I have seen this season and that being Barnsley at home when he (and Dom Ball, yes Dom Ball who is just keeping the seat warm for Field) made a big difference.

Nothing to do with contrary .com.....just my views are very different from some posters. Again 'plain & simple'.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 11:00]
where do we go from here. on 11:37 - Sep 26 with 980 viewsParkRoyalR

where do we go from here. on 10:57 - Sep 26 by gazza1

Thats up to you what you think about Dykes....I think he should have scored goal(s) v Bristol - simple and clear - game over if he did but he did not. You think he did OK to miss chances.

I do not believe that Dykes has started ahead of CA(when fit) this season.

Dykes has had one decent game that I have seen this season and that being Barnsley at home when he (and Dom Ball, yes Dom Ball who is just keeping the seat warm for Field) made a big difference.

Nothing to do with contrary .com.....just my views are very different from some posters. Again 'plain & simple'.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 11:00]

Different views is great, continually sque'ing facts and referencing back to previous games to load up on one player is a bit pathetic.

I believe Dykes is 1st choice as Warburton seems to prefer to play with a lone striker and not sure many would argue that a 34 year old Austin is better than Dykes in that role.

Austin is 34, has had a lot of injuries and his lifestyle is not, lets just say 'monastic'. I can't see his match fitness drastically improving significantly. Hope I'm wrong.
where do we go from here. on 13:13 - Sep 26 with 907 viewsManinBlack

I think expectation has a lot to do with it. It makes you even more disappointed when you lose. Now we are 9 points behind the leaders it feels like we won't bridge that gap even at this early stage. As pre-season dark horses for promotion to see this gap already appear and pre-season tipped relegation strugglers Coventry above us and Blackpool only a point behind doesn't paint an encouraging picture. It feels that all the good stuff in August has been thrown away this month.

Personally I am fed up of constantly losing to Bristol and West Brom and Fulham is another club we usually lose to. My point being that two of those clubs never last five minutes in the Premier before they are back with us which shows that even if we were to win the play offs we will likely be straight back. The key then will be to do what Albion, Fulham, Watford and Norwich do is to go back up after one season using the parachute money as leverage.

I get the point that Bournemouth and Albion are two of the best teams in the league and shipping two goals was no big thing. The trouble is just about every team we have faced has scored two against us even when we won. I have said before that if you let two in every game you will lose more than you win which makes even reaching the play offs a fantasy.

I understand why Warburton changed tactics for Albion. Had we attacked they would have had acres of space to get in behind and for 75 minutes our change worked until one serious error changed it. Referring back to Blackpool they have beaten Fulham and Barnsley 1-0. I cannot recall when we last kept a clean sheet against Fulham and we were fortunate only to be two down against Barnsley yet this newly promoted team seems to defend better than us. Things like this make me struggle as to why so many on here think we can go up.

The attractive way we play demands that we have a clinical srikerto give us an end product. We would have beaten Bristol had we a Toney/Pukki striker but we haven't. We will need to mix it up we can't be attractive every week. Sometimes a 1-0 ghastly performance is the difference and something we will have to indulge in to get the required points to make the play offs.

Northern made the point that losing to Bournemouth, Bristol and West Brom would crank up the pressure for the Birmingham and Preston home games and he is right. Brum won't be easy as we seem to find it easier to win at St Andrews and then come Preston, another team we make hard work in beating once they start the skull duggery to get under our skin.

Nevertheless one home win out of four is not good enough for a promotion seeking team. Coventry in contrast, have won all four of their home fixtures. It is too easy at present for away teams to be rewarded on their visits. These statistics need to greatly improve otherwise it is mid table obscurity again.
where do we go from here. on 13:24 - Sep 26 with 899 viewskensalriser

As MIB seems to imply, the problem isn't really losing away at Bournemouth and WBA, it's more the failure to beat Millwall and Bristol City. I didn't buy in to all the irrational exuberance at the start of the season and it's pretty clear now we're not at the required standard and will need to improve if we're to have a chance at top 6. We're certainly not going to finish third as some seemed to think based on being third in an imaginary table from January to May!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

where do we go from here. on 13:31 - Sep 26 with 895 viewsMick_S

Jah Wobble.

We will be just fine.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

where do we go from here. on 15:21 - Sep 26 with 825 viewswood_hoop

Frustrating as it is most teams in this league will have spells where results will go against you, we have just hit one of ours, but we do have I think enough in the locker to get over this blip, we are only 4 points off the playoffs so not a massive gulf,.

Come Christmas there will be changes in team placings that at this time don't stand out, MW I am sure will not look at Friday as one of his better days, players will have off days, make mistakes that costs games, you must learn from them, very uncomprising division this one, we are still thereabouts where we I think we should be, we have had chances to be higher but they have slipped by, so now is the time to really dig in, a few good results and we will be in a position that many think we ought to be, we are not a bad side overall and have an excelent back room team, if lessons have been learnt and modifications made for the future, no reason looking at the up coming games where a lot more faith cannot be restored.
where do we go from here. on 15:38 - Sep 26 with 809 viewsjoe90

It’s difficult to make a clear cut assessment when we’ve lost games for difference reasons. But when you look it at overall I wouldn’t say we’ve been unlucky.

We have to chalk off WBA as that was an anomaly in terms of how we play.

My two key concerns:

1. How we're playing Jojo. Against Bristol he was playing far too deep to be effective.
2. How we manage the squad rotation as we’ve clearly got a team of sick notes.

I think we’ve seen the pattern for this season in terms of performance. We just have to accept it. It’s better than before but still has its limitations. I’m happy with how things are for now, but also don’t have any expeditions for us to get in the play-off. Top half finish and that’s a good season.
where do we go from here. on 15:46 - Sep 26 with 798 viewsBenny_the_Ball

where do we go from here. on 09:16 - Sep 26 by Hastings_Hoops

Keep calm and carry on.

We lost away at two teams who will likely finish in top four.

A freak result against Bristol (plain hard luck / wasteful finishing) & nothing wrong with the defence or midfield there.

In between that, we drew with a top 10 prem league team, to prove that the pre-season successes against Man United and Leicester have some weight.

Stay calm.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 9:18]

Whilst I agree with the call to remain calm, it's a nonsense to suggest that there's nothing wrong with the defence or midfield. The former is conceding at least 2 goals per game and the latter isn't quite strong enough for the rigours of the championship. With Dozzell and Thomas yet to step up and Stefan now carrying a hamstring injury, the pressure will fall on Ball, Amos and Field (when he returns) to deliver. I hope they do otherwise we could be in for a bumpy ride over the next few weeks.
where do we go from here. on 15:56 - Sep 26 with 790 viewsBenny_the_Ball

where do we go from here. on 10:32 - Sep 26 by gazza1

Every game is tough Ted, even bottom of the league guys......anyone who thinks otherwise are deluded.

We have a proper decent squad which imho are good enough for the play-offs.....if we get there is another subject!!!

But to get there, we must stop making individual errors and take our chances. Our football is good enough otherwise.

"Our football is good enough otherwise".

You're clearly basing that on style which, West Brom aside, has been pleasing on the eye. However, football isn't ice skating or gymnastics. It's a results orientated business and you don't get points for artistic merit.

The last 5 results (2 draws and 3 defeats) clearly show that our football currently isn't good enough to make the play-offs. That being said, QPR are in the mix and the basic ingredients for success are there. MW has to rediscover the formula that worked so well in the second half of last season before the team leaves itself too much to do.
where do we go from here. on 16:17 - Sep 26 with 778 viewsPinnerPaul

Home v Birmingham is the answer to the question.

Upwards as well I would hope.
where do we go from here. on 16:31 - Sep 26 with 762 viewsMyke

where do we go from here. on 09:00 - Sep 26 by stevec

To be honest I can’t ever see a situation where a Warburton side won’t be bullied out of a result. He’s nice, the teams nice. If a team like Everton turns up for a game of football we’ve got every chance of winning, when the anti football teams show up, we probably haven’t.

Watching WBA, outside of our back three, it was like watching one of those Attenborough documentaries, where lions seek out wildebeest.

You say that, but they never ever looked liked scoring second half until Dieng (unluckily) palmed the ball into his own net. There are such fine margins. The acres of trees that have been felled since Friday night, analysing every aspect of the game ( me included) would have been averted except for individual errors.
You would think we were completely overran and got beat six nil based on some of the post match rhetoric.
where do we go from here. on 16:38 - Sep 26 with 744 viewsgazza1

where do we go from here. on 15:56 - Sep 26 by Benny_the_Ball

"Our football is good enough otherwise".

You're clearly basing that on style which, West Brom aside, has been pleasing on the eye. However, football isn't ice skating or gymnastics. It's a results orientated business and you don't get points for artistic merit.

The last 5 results (2 draws and 3 defeats) clearly show that our football currently isn't good enough to make the play-offs. That being said, QPR are in the mix and the basic ingredients for success are there. MW has to rediscover the formula that worked so well in the second half of last season before the team leaves itself too much to do.

Our football is good enough generally however mistakes have cost us dearly......we must and will improve. It is not that our football isn't good enough - mistakes are not good enough from individuals. Nothing to do with formula's......just need to stop mistakes and take our chances. Nothing complicated like you want to make it. Football is simple game.
where do we go from here. on 16:47 - Sep 26 with 737 viewsgazza1

where do we go from here. on 11:37 - Sep 26 by ParkRoyalR

Different views is great, continually sque'ing facts and referencing back to previous games to load up on one player is a bit pathetic.

I believe Dykes is 1st choice as Warburton seems to prefer to play with a lone striker and not sure many would argue that a 34 year old Austin is better than Dykes in that role.

Austin is 34, has had a lot of injuries and his lifestyle is not, lets just say 'monastic'. I can't see his match fitness drastically improving significantly. Hope I'm wrong.

How can you say Dykes is No1 selection for our strikers!!!!!

Why didn't he play yesterday??? Why didnt he play v Everton??(Not even a run out!!) Why not Reading?? He played against Bristol and was not good - missed good chances, not played since. Started against B'Mouth and subbed after a few minutes in the 2nd after a woeful 1st half - - touched the ball like 9 times!!!! in non attacking areas!!!!

1st choice - yea sure he is!!!
where do we go from here. on 17:03 - Sep 26 with 734 viewsParkRoyalR

where do we go from here. on 16:47 - Sep 26 by gazza1

How can you say Dykes is No1 selection for our strikers!!!!!

Why didn't he play yesterday??? Why didnt he play v Everton??(Not even a run out!!) Why not Reading?? He played against Bristol and was not good - missed good chances, not played since. Started against B'Mouth and subbed after a few minutes in the 2nd after a woeful 1st half - - touched the ball like 9 times!!!! in non attacking areas!!!!

1st choice - yea sure he is!!!

To answer your question:

WBA - Changed gameplan (in case you didn't notice)
Everton - Cup rotation (3rd choice striker played!)
Reading - Rested after international duty
Bournemouth - We never did get your insightful 2nd Half analysis after you got called out for your abysmal + untruthful 1st Half analysis.

Keep that Dykes fire lit fella!
where do we go from here. on 17:12 - Sep 26 with 726 viewsPinnerPaul

ALL games are winnable, as well as being 'loseable' and 'drawable' of course!
where do we go from here. on 17:36 - Sep 26 with 693 viewsBrianMcCarthy

where do we go from here. on 17:12 - Sep 26 by PinnerPaul

ALL games are winnable, as well as being 'loseable' and 'drawable' of course!

And wineightsevenonpenaltiesable.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

where do we go from here. on 17:43 - Sep 26 with 676 viewsgazza1

where do we go from here. on 17:03 - Sep 26 by ParkRoyalR

To answer your question:

WBA - Changed gameplan (in case you didn't notice)
Everton - Cup rotation (3rd choice striker played!)
Reading - Rested after international duty
Bournemouth - We never did get your insightful 2nd Half analysis after you got called out for your abysmal + untruthful 1st Half analysis.

Keep that Dykes fire lit fella!

WBA - Changed gameplan.....So not 1st choice!!
Everton - Cup rotation....So not 1st choice!!
Reading - Rested after international duty(apparently).....So not 1st choice!!
Bournemouth - We never did get your insightful 2nd Half analysis after you got called out for your abysmal + untruthful 1st Half analysis.....Started but so bad, as indicated by my analysis (9 touches in non dangerous area's!!!). Off early in 2nd - so bad!! Do you really think he would have been subbed if he was playing well when we were 2-0 down.
Bristol - Started but missed several goalscoring chances!!!

The proof is above, no excuses.....but I am sure you will dig some up.
where do we go from here. on 19:13 - Sep 26 with 623 viewsstevec

where do we go from here. on 16:31 - Sep 26 by Myke

You say that, but they never ever looked liked scoring second half until Dieng (unluckily) palmed the ball into his own net. There are such fine margins. The acres of trees that have been felled since Friday night, analysing every aspect of the game ( me included) would have been averted except for individual errors.
You would think we were completely overran and got beat six nil based on some of the post match rhetoric.

Our forward barely got a kick of the ball for 89 minutes.

Our midfield were unable to hold onto the ball for 20 seconds.

Every 50/50 challenge up front and in midfield was won by WBA. If there was a jostle for the ball WBA came away with it.

Our back three repelled everything thrown at them, that was why they never looked like scoring.

For me that’s being overrun.
where do we go from here. on 21:15 - Sep 26 with 566 viewsPeterHucker

where do we go from here. on 10:11 - Sep 26 by BrianMcCarthy

...is it down to the lake, I fear?

Aye aye aye aye aye aye
Aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye
where do we go from here. on 21:43 - Sep 26 with 529 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Did you know.

If you add together all our major stats on the league table it's the same as our points total!

Won 3 + Drawn 3 + Lost 3 + GD 3 = 12

Poll: Expectations for this season?

where do we go from here. on 23:10 - Sep 26 with 470 viewskensalriser

where do we go from here. on 21:15 - Sep 26 by PeterHucker

Aye aye aye aye aye aye
Aye aye aye aye aye aye aye aye

For years I thought that was 'down to the late cafe'. It doesn't make any less sense in the context of the lyrics, in my defence.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024