Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh 07:31 - Oct 2 with 3171 viewsPhildo

On one of two of his life’s two great traumatic moments

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/01/richard-keogh-waking-up-paramed
Keogh on 08:36 - Oct 2 with 3049 viewsNorthernr

Pretty typical Guardian piece there, heavy on the mental health angle with some absolutely enormous ‘hang on a minute’ leaps of faith.

“Drinks and dinner after a night of ten pin bowling” how quaint. Like Homer’s night of whiskey and backgammon at the gentlemen’s club. Reality - there were videos of them throwing up into a urinal.

Hadn’t been drinking much himself, or if he did it was because he was bereaved, but he was there past closing time, didn’t have a seat belt on, and tried to walk home from the crash. Ok.

Didn’t know Lawrence was drunk. But, again, there were videos of them chucking up in the bogs, they were there past closing time. It’s fanciful stuff this.

Annoyed at this story that Derby laid on cars. They didn’t. It was a guy from the club who would phone for a driver. Errrrr. Yeh. Sounds like laying on cars to me.

I don’t mean to sound uncharitable here but from a journo point of view I hate these soft pieces players get treated to whenever they fck up. They drove high powered cars while off their face. Rich footballers believing and behaving as if they’re above the law. The word ‘sorry/apology’ doesn’t appear once. The fact somebody’s nanna had died the week before is a total irrelevance.

The best thing about the story is they didn’t drunkenly smash into some everyday nobody coming the other way home from work, somebody else’s “family matriarch”, leave a whole load of other ppl bereaved. Because they wouldn’t be getting contracts at Huddersfield and puff pieces in the guardian to help them ease that “trauma”.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Keogh on 09:01 - Oct 2 with 2986 viewsHAYESBOY

Absolutely agree with that.

Cant feel sorry for him. £2.3m pay-out and maybe more.
Lucky not to have killed someone else between the two cars.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Keogh on 09:29 - Oct 2 with 2900 viewsToast_R

Keogh on 08:36 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Pretty typical Guardian piece there, heavy on the mental health angle with some absolutely enormous ‘hang on a minute’ leaps of faith.

“Drinks and dinner after a night of ten pin bowling” how quaint. Like Homer’s night of whiskey and backgammon at the gentlemen’s club. Reality - there were videos of them throwing up into a urinal.

Hadn’t been drinking much himself, or if he did it was because he was bereaved, but he was there past closing time, didn’t have a seat belt on, and tried to walk home from the crash. Ok.

Didn’t know Lawrence was drunk. But, again, there were videos of them chucking up in the bogs, they were there past closing time. It’s fanciful stuff this.

Annoyed at this story that Derby laid on cars. They didn’t. It was a guy from the club who would phone for a driver. Errrrr. Yeh. Sounds like laying on cars to me.

I don’t mean to sound uncharitable here but from a journo point of view I hate these soft pieces players get treated to whenever they fck up. They drove high powered cars while off their face. Rich footballers believing and behaving as if they’re above the law. The word ‘sorry/apology’ doesn’t appear once. The fact somebody’s nanna had died the week before is a total irrelevance.

The best thing about the story is they didn’t drunkenly smash into some everyday nobody coming the other way home from work, somebody else’s “family matriarch”, leave a whole load of other ppl bereaved. Because they wouldn’t be getting contracts at Huddersfield and puff pieces in the guardian to help them ease that “trauma”.

And when the dust finally settled, he still got his millionaires salary. Poor Dicky
Keogh on 09:44 - Oct 2 with 2847 viewsbosh67

"I woke up and there was a paramedic looking at me. What happened I asked? You passed the ball to Zamora, he replied."

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Keogh on 09:48 - Oct 2 with 2828 viewsPerthRs

Keogh on 09:44 - Oct 2 by bosh67

"I woke up and there was a paramedic looking at me. What happened I asked? You passed the ball to Zamora, he replied."

Absolute quality response
Keogh on 09:55 - Oct 2 with 2803 viewsAntti_Heinola

Keogh on 08:36 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Have to agree. Just read it and while I’m sure he went through absolute hell (the remorse/guilt alone must’ve been awful) i had the same reactions to some of the glossing over of that night. ‘No reason to believe he was drunk’ stuff just doesn’t add up, and as you say neither does his complaint about the cars. His one fair grievance is that the two drivers should’ve been dealt as harshly or more than he was.
No mention either, of those mysterious bags we all saw on the kerbside.

Bare bones.

Keogh on 10:13 - Oct 2 with 2761 viewsMrSheen

Keogh asleep at the back? Surely not.
Keogh on 10:19 - Oct 2 with 2740 viewsstowmarketrange

So both of his traumatic events in life were self inflicted.
Login to get fewer ads

Keogh on 14:01 - Oct 2 with 2475 viewskensalriser

It was even more sympathetic than the series of Steven Caulker puff pieces, but it doesn't obscure Keogh's extremely grubby treatment at the hands of Mel Morris and how the greater culprits were enabled and protected because of their monetary value. We all know if this had been a few random nobody working class blokes they'd have had the book thrown at them.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Keogh on 18:09 - Oct 2 with 2258 viewsmcqpr10

I'm probably a bit soft but I feel for the guy. Left for dead by his teammates only to see them kept on at the club and him released. Guy had hardly missed a game in 7/8 years. Derby come out of it terribly.
Keogh on 18:19 - Oct 2 with 2198 viewsJuzzie

Many moons ago a girl at worked got sacked after she was seen horse riding after she had phoned in sick yet footballers get away with anything and everything. I understand the club doesn’t want to lose an expensive asset but it is just incredible.

Footballers are almost akin to Trump saying he could shoot someone in the street and still not lose voters.

BTW, I've lost all my grandparents and as devastating as it was, didn’t feel the need to get bladdered. Feels to me more a case of alcoholism.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024