Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non League football 19:37 - Oct 5 with 5597 viewsNed_Kennedys

With another international break forced upon us I’ve taken the opportunity to make my first visit to my local non league team: Wingate & Finchley are at home to Corinthian Casuals in the FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round. A mile walk from home and a half decent bar: should be ok.
Went to a lot of Slough Town and Windsor & Eton games when I was younger with my mates, always a different experience to watching QPR!
Non League football on 23:33 - Oct 10 with 1547 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Non League football on 13:11 - Oct 10 by toboboly

K's remain top after a narrow 1-0. Not a great game, not nearly as bad as the journey to and from Pitsea. Why are there no bloody pubs!?

That could be a good thread on it's own. Places with no pubs.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Non League football on 08:56 - Oct 11 with 1404 viewsterryb

Non League football on 13:11 - Oct 10 by toboboly

K's remain top after a narrow 1-0. Not a great game, not nearly as bad as the journey to and from Pitsea. Why are there no bloody pubs!?

I've been in The Bull in Pitsea, but that wasn't the friendliest of pubs!

Thinking about it, that would have been a quarter of a century ago!
Non League football on 09:08 - Oct 11 with 1390 viewstoboboly

Nothing near the station, or on the way from the station to the ground. Massive shame

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non League football on 09:38 - Oct 11 with 1356 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Non League football on 09:08 - Oct 11 by toboboly

Nothing near the station, or on the way from the station to the ground. Massive shame

They really have all closed.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/lost-pubs-basildons-loved-lost-480030

Only one I can see is just to the east of Pitsea. The Gun Pub.

Non League football on 10:55 - Oct 11 with 1309 viewsTheChef

Non League football on 09:08 - Oct 11 by toboboly

It should be enshrined in law that every train station has a pub nearby.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Non League football on 11:14 - Oct 11 with 1291 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Non League football on 10:55 - Oct 11 by TheChef

It should be enshrined in law that every train station has a pub nearby.

They had a pub there called The Railway but it closed down in 2006.

Apparently it had become known locally as “The Flying Bottle” before it’s demise. Lol.

Non League football on 11:33 - Oct 11 with 1272 viewsNorthernr

Enjoyed Woking v Grimsby in the sun on Saturday. Woking have an absolutely enormous, awkward team. Must be the tallest spine of a side in the history of the game. Town mostly passed around them, kid called Alex Hunt on loan from Sheff Wed who looks about 11 years old but pretty talented. They've also got Ryley Towler on loan from Bristol City at the back who looked very composed. Won with a goal in the last minute. Big crowd, about 1,000 down from Grimsby. Pitch was noticeably immaculate. No beer on the terrace - why was I lied to about this non-league benefit?
Non League football on 12:49 - Oct 11 with 1214 viewsTheChef

Non League football on 11:33 - Oct 11 by Northernr

Enjoyed Woking v Grimsby in the sun on Saturday. Woking have an absolutely enormous, awkward team. Must be the tallest spine of a side in the history of the game. Town mostly passed around them, kid called Alex Hunt on loan from Sheff Wed who looks about 11 years old but pretty talented. They've also got Ryley Towler on loan from Bristol City at the back who looked very composed. Won with a goal in the last minute. Big crowd, about 1,000 down from Grimsby. Pitch was noticeably immaculate. No beer on the terrace - why was I lied to about this non-league benefit?

Really? Maybe that beer rule still applies at level 5 - definitely not an issue at level 7.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Non League football on 13:08 - Oct 11 with 1192 viewsozranger

Plenty of beer flowing on the terraces at Bury Town (Bury St Edmunds) for their FA Trophy match with Wisbech Town also in a lovely afternoon sunshine. At least the wind was blowing in the right direction so that the stench from the sugar beet factory was only near the station and not the ground. Good crowd of 421 but most unhappy in the end as Wisbech proceeded to the next round with a 2-0 win.

Did visit The Nutshell in town, the smallest pub in the UK. Being so, they do do a pretty good trade and the location is good as well.
Non League football on 13:26 - Oct 11 with 1164 viewsterryb

The National League does regard itself as being superior to the EFL so it doesn't surprise me that you couldn't drink on the terraces!

At level 7 (Isthmian & Southern premier) you can definitely drink alcohol outside the clubhouse, but I believe it has to be in plastic glasses.
Non League football on 16:31 - Oct 12 with 1070 viewsbollockchops

https://www.stonystratfordtownfc.com/teams/244381/match-centre/1-9894908/report
Non League football on 16:47 - Oct 12 with 1059 viewstoboboly

Non League football on 13:26 - Oct 11 by terryb

The National League does regard itself as being superior to the EFL so it doesn't surprise me that you couldn't drink on the terraces!

At level 7 (Isthmian & Southern premier) you can definitely drink alcohol outside the clubhouse, but I believe it has to be in plastic glasses.

Yep, sometimes FA competitions (trophy/cup/vase) don't allow you to drink outside but it seems to be policed haphazardly.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Non League football on 12:18 - Nov 14 with 854 views81A

Non League football on 16:47 - Oct 12 by toboboly

Yep, sometimes FA competitions (trophy/cup/vase) don't allow you to drink outside but it seems to be policed haphazardly.

Loads of Rs fans in the 2,662 crowd at Grosvenor Vale yesterday enjoying Stones beat The Ground Thieving Bastards. Barnet stayed on the far end of the pitch for 25 minutes after the final whistle to avoid the Blue and White Welcoming Committee cheer them off ! Didn't do them any good !!
Non League football on 12:49 - Nov 14 with 799 viewsSydneyRs

That's a superb away following from Grimsby.

Wealdstone got a late winner v hated rivals Barnet in front of a record home crowd, great stuff.
Non League football on 14:47 - Nov 14 with 717 viewsstowmarketrange

Non League football on 13:08 - Oct 11 by ozranger

Plenty of beer flowing on the terraces at Bury Town (Bury St Edmunds) for their FA Trophy match with Wisbech Town also in a lovely afternoon sunshine. At least the wind was blowing in the right direction so that the stench from the sugar beet factory was only near the station and not the ground. Good crowd of 421 but most unhappy in the end as Wisbech proceeded to the next round with a 2-0 win.

Did visit The Nutshell in town, the smallest pub in the UK. Being so, they do do a pretty good trade and the location is good as well.

When we first moved up here 18 years ago we didn’t know much about the area.We looked at a house just downwind from the sugar beet factory.We couldn't out quick enough because the smell was awful.
We decided to steer well clear of the town after that,which is a bit of a shame as BSE is a nice town to live.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024