Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A 16:13 - Oct 22 with 5884 viewsNorthernr

Stoke home now Sunday lunchtime.
Sheff Utd away now Monday Night Football.

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 09:45 - Oct 23 with 1198 viewsdmm

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:53 - Oct 22 by PinnerPaul

Price of 'success'. if we were bobbling around 15th and not 5th we wouldn't be on so much.

Also club receives money for each live game, and erm.....Sky hold the broadcasting contract, for which the club also receives money and erm they move games, and always have/will do as they are not allowed to broadcast live games at 3.00pm on a Saturday.

Not sure why these are always treated with surprise/dismay.

When the matches come round, we then get loads on here watching the game ......on Sky!

Do you know how much the club receives from Sky when a match is shown? I can't find anything on an internet search. Whatever it is, you have to wonder how much it offsets not only income lost but also supporter disenchantment.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 10:16 - Oct 23 with 1134 viewsterryb

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 17:23 - Oct 22 by ozranger

I don't think they will touch the Swans game owing to the possibility that we will make it to the next round of the Carabao Cup which is to be played during the week after. That is, definitely not the Monday nor likely the Sunday, though Friday could still be a chance but I am willing to put money on it that this will be Saturday at 3pm.

As much as the fans and the club hate it, this does give QPR some extra coverage overseas for those affiliates that pick up Sky - e.g. Bein, etc. So, there is hope that if we can perform well in those games there may be some youngsters o/s who will choose to support us instead of manure, scum, etc. and then start to get their mates to do the same and also buy up merchandise.

There is also the posssibility that by the time they select the games for the Swansea weekend we may be out of the League Cup!
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 10:17 - Oct 23 with 1132 viewsLanhoop

Everything I have seen says £10k for the away team and up to £100k for the home team depending on what time. Think Saturday lunchtime is the highest with the other slots being less.

This is on top of the couple of million base payment per season.

A long away on a Friday night with an overnight stay would probably mean it's a loss as £10k might not cover all the costs.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 10:21 - Oct 23 with 1129 viewsterryb

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 09:45 - Oct 23 by dmm

Do you know how much the club receives from Sky when a match is shown? I can't find anything on an internet search. Whatever it is, you have to wonder how much it offsets not only income lost but also supporter disenchantment.

I think I recall that a couple of seasons ago Lee Hoos stated that the Sky fee for home games barely covers the loss of admission income, sales inside the ground & the incresed administration costs.

The figures were posted on this site recently but I don't remember what they were. £10k for the away team lodges in my memory though.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 1128 viewsconnell10

I can't make Friday home games so that f ucks me up big time!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 10:31 - Oct 23 with 1111 viewsconnell10

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 08:57 - Oct 23 by PerthRs

I’ve mentioned this before and sent numerous emails to the club but not even had a reply, the issue we or rather me is that we don’t have Sky Sports in our house or Foxtel as it is here in Australia whereby, they feature our matches on BeIn Sports.
So if you don’t subscribe to these channels you are basically fcuked as you cannot even watch the game on QPR+, I have no objections to the club keeping the money I’ve paid for the season to watch these matches I’m just pi55ed of that they and the EFL presume everyone has SKY Sports, for the record in my opinion I think SKY is totally sh1t and I wouldn’t have in my gaff.
Apologies rant over

Same f uck Sky

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 11:24 - Oct 23 with 1074 viewsnix

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 08:57 - Oct 23 by PerthRs

I’ve mentioned this before and sent numerous emails to the club but not even had a reply, the issue we or rather me is that we don’t have Sky Sports in our house or Foxtel as it is here in Australia whereby, they feature our matches on BeIn Sports.
So if you don’t subscribe to these channels you are basically fcuked as you cannot even watch the game on QPR+, I have no objections to the club keeping the money I’ve paid for the season to watch these matches I’m just pi55ed of that they and the EFL presume everyone has SKY Sports, for the record in my opinion I think SKY is totally sh1t and I wouldn’t have in my gaff.
Apologies rant over

But it's not the club's fault. It's Sky's. The club is contractually bound to allow Sky to change fixture times/dates. The club need the Sky money to survive financially. They also have no say on the negotiations of the terms of the EFL's contract with Sky. I should imagine the.EFL could chuck them out of the league for not abiding with the terms. I'm sure they'd prefer to not have away games on Sky as the club misses out on revenue by the time you factor in the loss of people getting the stream and the additional costs of staying overnight for the players and coaching staff. But there's nothing they can do about it.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 13:21 - Oct 23 with 1004 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:59 - Oct 22 by Northernr

Surprise? No.

Dismay? Easy to ridicule if you're not going to now be taking two days off work to go to Derby and Sheffield on a pissing Monday night.

Empathy? Might like to add a little into that post, and Sky to their picks.

Not so much ridicule Clive as highlighting the hypocrisy of contributing to a thread like this while financially contributing to Sky every month, as loads do on here, as you well know!

This is then further highlighted when those same people want us to sign more/better players and have cheaper tickets (v Sunderland for example), without the Sky money, how's that supposed to work.

Its about facing facts - ANY TV company is going to want the games they have paid for to be when they want them, especially as I've already said and you already know, they can't legally show ANY game live at 3.00pm on a Saturday, even if they wanted to!
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 13:24 - Oct 23 with 998 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:56 - Oct 22 by daveB

We've got Bournemouth on Boxing Day so imagine they will be on that day.

Honestly it is ridiculous though. This independent regulation can't come quick enough to put a halt to this kind of thing. They should not have this much power to re arrange the fixture list

Doesn't need a regulator Dave, as I'm sure you know!

EFL could issue a specific set of conditions to be met for the next rights tender.

Problem with that, is take away too much choice to pick fixtures and you'll find the money anyone is prepared to pay drop like a stone.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 13:27 - Oct 23 with 993 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 16:59 - Oct 22 by stowmarketrange

You can’t expect qpr fans who can’t make the game to boycott the live showing of it.If Sky hadn’t f@cked us over so many times in the last few seasons,maybe more fans would attend.
Three months without a Saturday 3pm home game is too much.Even though it doesn’t affect me as much as some others,it still doesn’t make it right.

On your first point - there's a difference to wanting to watch us live and paying for Sky EVERY month, EVERY year - surely if anyone felt that strongly, then don't subscribe?
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 13:30 - Oct 23 with 982 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 17:34 - Oct 22 by stowmarketrange

Maybe these new fans can have my seat because it isn’t very good value at about £60 for the home games not on Sky tv.

I'm sorry that's just nonsense - you can't say that watching at home is the same as actually going.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 13:34 - Oct 23 with 976 viewsPinnerPaul

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 09:45 - Oct 23 by dmm

That's a fair question.

They DO publish the exact figure each club receives in the PL, broken down by UK, World, League Position and live games.

You would think there would be something similar for the EFL wouldn't you?
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 14:23 - Oct 23 with 948 viewsderbyhoop

Irritating isnt it. Can't make games (except Forest, yeah) so subscribe to QPR+. With so many games on Sky, it becomes less of a benefit.

But, it is a tribute to the most entertaining team in the Championship.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 14:28 - Oct 23 with 944 viewsMyke

As a faraway R's fan and Sky subscriber it's kinda cool!
Joking aside, I get how frustrating it must be for ye regular attendees, having plans fecked about last minute. I guess it is a compliment of sorts, although, some games you do wonder at the deduction process
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 14:30]
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 14:37 - Oct 23 with 916 viewsManinBlack

More often than not we don't play as well when televised and lose more than we win. Sky could scupper our play off hopes with continuous live coverage. It does seem that being mid to bottom of the table is the best way to keep home games on a Saturday.
Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 10:55 - Oct 24 with 832 viewsWatford_Ranger

Stoke H, Sheff Utd A on 07:53 - Oct 25 with 723 viewsozranger

We may all complain, but it is really not just us.. there's a lot to read through here but some clubs like Everton have had all of their games moved up to mid-Jan.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/844940199360108/?hoisted_section_header_type=rec
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024