Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN 03:33 - Oct 23 with 27018 viewsFredManRave

I'm convinced there'll be a result in this game. Could go either way though.

Rangers to win 2 -1.

Enjoy!
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 3:40]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:17 - Oct 23 with 2561 viewsstainrods_elbow

Incredibly frustrating outcome from a game we should have drawn at the very least, and if Warburton just repeats the same things about needing to be clinical and cutting out errors in his post-match interview, I'll be spitting feathers all over again. They had a good last 10-15 minutes, we didn't, but it's unbelievable we somehow pulled defeat from the jaws of long periods of dominance yet again.

It wasn't just that we conceded two goals AGAIN to an enterprising Peterborough who played well above their position just for us, but that we created so few goalscoring opportunities through execrable crossing/final balls and a lack of guile in the final third. Charlie's contribution (in particular the open goal miss) was lamentable yet again, McCallum was relentlessly inept, and Uncle, despite being comfortably our best player again, just couldn't deliver tellingly from good positions.

I don't know what the answers are, but agree that, for all the ballplaying quality of our defence, it is slow, easily stretched and consistently vulnerable to elementary counter-attacks. We have a veteran passenger striker, an embarrassing lack of pace in centre mid, and a consistent ability to shoot ourselves in the foot at the back. Unless things improve, it'll be two steps forward and one big one back all through the season, and a top half finish if we're lucky.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 2562 viewsdmm

We're so vulnerable to a quick counter attack and most teams know that. I love this team but wish Warburton could find a way of solving the problems his style of play creates. However, it may be the solution is simply better players than we can afford.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:21 - Oct 23 with 2514 viewsplasmahoop

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:10 - Oct 23 by The_Beast1976

This is the worst QPR defence I have seen. And I say that as someone who witnessed defences containing Gus Caesar and Karl Ready. It's not the system: just watch the lads at the back for any length of time and you'll see that unfortunately they just don't know how to defend individually or as a unit. So so so many basic errors.

On the upside, we're still 7th and only 4 points off 3rd. Get that defence sorted at some point this season and we're right up there.

I know I'm in danger of damning by faint praise, but surely there have been worse! 2001 springs to mind, like the5 nil losses at Wimbledon and Preston.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:27 - Oct 23 with 2388 viewswood_hoop

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:10 - Oct 23 by The_Beast1976

This is the worst QPR defence I have seen. And I say that as someone who witnessed defences containing Gus Caesar and Karl Ready. It's not the system: just watch the lads at the back for any length of time and you'll see that unfortunately they just don't know how to defend individually or as a unit. So so so many basic errors.

On the upside, we're still 7th and only 4 points off 3rd. Get that defence sorted at some point this season and we're right up there.

,On the upside, we're still 7th and only 4 points off 3rd. Get that defence sorted at some point this season and we're right up there.'

Always tough when we lose a game but this division is playing out just as many thought it would, 7 teams on 21 points chasing the playoffs 5th and 6th place, goal difference only spitting them up.

Yes not conceding so many goals will help enormously come the end of the season, but we will see after the Christmas break just how we are ......
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:30 - Oct 23 with 2357 viewsjoe90

That result didn’t come as a surprise but is disappointing non the less.

Just have to accept this is how the season will be. Got to take the rough with the smooth.

Big cup game on Tuesday, let’s hope we get a result.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:38 - Oct 23 with 2251 viewsstainrods_elbow

Have a big gold star for passive fatalism! With your resignation, why have a fans' message board at all?

We should have done better today with fantastic support, and the team let the fans down, just as they did at Fulham, as Warburton at least had the integrity to concede in his interview. it's all very well Chair and Uncle turning it on at home against mediocre sides, but now it seems we've found a way to lose to teams at the bottom as well as the top. Somehow, we're still at 7th, as this is just a contestable division, Bournemouth excepted. The bottom line is we need to improve and learn - if we can. But can/will we?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 17:44]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:42 - Oct 23 with 2200 viewskernowhoop

If you look at the football results, you will see that our match is included. There was a result - we lost. Sorry. Grumpy.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:48 - Oct 23 with 2110 viewskarlski

Still in a handy league position so nothing to get too down about.

However teams are starting to work out how we play and recognise that keeping compact and breaking at pace is probably the best plan. If we have no alternative style then we’re going to get found out. The defence arent in great form but our style and set up makes us so easy to break against, I think it’s more a systemic than individual issue.

We moved the ball from side to side but never felt genuinely threatening (partly down to consistently poor crossing) whereas most times Posh broke it looked a threat. Once it became clear our main tactic wasn’t bearing fruit a switch to a more direct approach into Dykes (who had the physical edge on their defenders) and swarming to pick up the second balls so that we had the ball in dangerous areas might have been a better ploy?

I thought Austin was (sadly) a passenger and contributed zero except the miss. Gray looked a lot more threatening immediately after coming on though faded as we ran out of ideas. Johansen also poor but then so were most.

It looked a little like we turned up expecting to win but Peterborough stuck to their plan and we didn’t ever really break them down. They had the better chances and probably deserved to win more than we did.

Big disappointment.
Login to get fewer ads

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:55 - Oct 23 with 2045 viewsMedwayR

This is what I posted after the loss to Bristol City just over a month ago, not much has changed since. We need to be quicker in attack, our style is putting to much pressure on the defence.

Despite the attractive football I don't think we've actually been that good this year to date. By that, I mean that whilst we can control possession we don't control games. We rarely look like keeping a clean sheet and don't seem to have the nous to kill games off or score whilst on top. We've relied upon Dickie to rescue us, goals from McCallum more recently, and clever set-pieces at Hull. For all our lovely passing it doesn't seem to produce much end product.

Our attacks seem to consist of passing side-to-side zig-zagging our way up the pitch giving the opposition time to get men behind the ball. We then do intricate passing in front of them which bring the risk of a slightly misplaced pass giving the ball away and the opposition breaking on us. Occasionally, the zig-zagging sideways passing gets caught out by the high press (Bournemouth) and we also have a habit of not tracking late runs into the box. Teams will piece these things together and know how to play against us, if they haven't already.

We need to move forward at pace, I know we no longer have Eze and BOS to do that but I'm sure Chair and Willock could make a better fist of it and we may have to look at how we attack teams in future because the balance isn't quite there at the moment.

Poll: Who’s better?

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 2006 viewskarlski

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:55 - Oct 23 by MedwayR

This is what I posted after the loss to Bristol City just over a month ago, not much has changed since. We need to be quicker in attack, our style is putting to much pressure on the defence.

Despite the attractive football I don't think we've actually been that good this year to date. By that, I mean that whilst we can control possession we don't control games. We rarely look like keeping a clean sheet and don't seem to have the nous to kill games off or score whilst on top. We've relied upon Dickie to rescue us, goals from McCallum more recently, and clever set-pieces at Hull. For all our lovely passing it doesn't seem to produce much end product.

Our attacks seem to consist of passing side-to-side zig-zagging our way up the pitch giving the opposition time to get men behind the ball. We then do intricate passing in front of them which bring the risk of a slightly misplaced pass giving the ball away and the opposition breaking on us. Occasionally, the zig-zagging sideways passing gets caught out by the high press (Bournemouth) and we also have a habit of not tracking late runs into the box. Teams will piece these things together and know how to play against us, if they haven't already.

We need to move forward at pace, I know we no longer have Eze and BOS to do that but I'm sure Chair and Willock could make a better fist of it and we may have to look at how we attack teams in future because the balance isn't quite there at the moment.

Agree with a lot of this. I will say though that our style can wear teams down and once it does tang we look better. 2nd halves v Barnsley and Blackburn come to mind. And I thought against Bristol City we were very good, just unlucky. But today we were poor and got exactly what we deserved .
Hopefully just an off day but I do worry teams are starting to work us out - if they execute well then we don’t have the answer.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 18:01 - Oct 23 with 2000 viewsQPR_John

Just out of interest we have now conceded more goals in the last 5 minutes of games than any other team in the division.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 18:03 - Oct 23 with 1991 viewsManinBlack

Very frustrating to lose our 4th away game in a row. When you lose against promotion rivals it can dent the confidence so you then lose to a team down at the bottom. The nasty habits we have had in conceding very late winners has resurfaced with Bristol, West Brom and Posh profiting. The last three away games were 1-1 well into the second half but we found a way to lose them all.

I do hope that today's defeat may have been because we have one eye on the cup tie, Sunderland also losing to lowly Charlton suggests that might be the case, but the defence, lack of pace in the team and not enough quality up front is going to hold us back.

Luton and Millwall now tied with us so our attractive football is clearly not enough there has to be more resilience. Once again a big away following treated to a defeat.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 18:08 - Oct 23 with 1941 viewsHarbour

Looking at the sky short highlights bit surprised Dickie did not take Dmbele out at the end seemed to have the opportunity. Looked a poor goal to concede. Still well placed let’s hope we learn and improve going forward particularly managing the end of games a point here would have been a good result. Fingers x for good performance on Tuesday.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 18:11 - Oct 23 with 1918 viewsVancouverHoop

I only saw the second half but it looked like a rerun of our home match against Barnsley last year. Three forwards in a single line running hard against three back-peddling central defenders. It's schoolboy stuff but it works against us. Where were the wingbacks? Our midfielders? If we plan on making the top six our defensive system – not our defenders – is not fit for purpose.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 18:21 - Oct 23 with 1839 viewsstrikerace

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 17:55 - Oct 23 by MedwayR

agree with this. I can't count the number of times I yell to go forward only to have our players hold it up and pass back to Dickie (as an example). Almost like we have an agreement to let the other side get set up. It makes us slow, and makes us work a lot harder.

We also don't have much pace defensively. Our slow play and lack of defending pace make us the perfect side to counter attack against.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 18:48 - Oct 23 with 1691 viewsrsonist

Dykes' neck tattoo will destroy our season, I'm calling it.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 20:24 - Oct 23 with 1447 viewsstrikerace

I think we are something like tied for the lead in goals, but at the bottom of goals conceded.
Obviously the defending is the issue. Can't get promoted if you aren't solid in the back
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 20:44 - Oct 23 with 1391 viewsthemodfather

Just not good enough today never got the ball moving to feet seemed slower and gave them their cup final win! Not much to add bar Bow Locks oh trains were great !
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 20:50 - Oct 23 with 1381 viewsjoe90

We’re all feeling let down after that result but I think we need to manage expectations.

For what it’s worth, my view is that we struggle due to fitness/injuries. That’s been part of our recruitment strategy - get players with injuries on the cheap, fix them up and carefully manage their game time. The result of that is we struggle to put a decent run of results together. This is a pattern we’ve fallen into and it will most likely remain this way for the rest of the season. If we’re lucky - we’ll get a play-off spot. That would amazing for us. If not we should finish roughly the same place as last season - which would also be really good.

Results like today aren’t the end of the world. We’ve won enough games and scored enough goals (done so whilst playing attractive football) to know we'll be okay.
Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 21:05 - Oct 23 with 1348 viewsdavman

Midfield absolutely non existent today. Jojo were responsible for so much of the improvement last season, but this season neither has been useful. Chaz was a passenger today and his only contribution was an open goal miss.

With the exception of some early runs from Dykes (which we never seem to pick from the back), there was zero movement up front. When you play the two up top with Dom Ball you need creativity and when the game passes Johansen by like it did today, it is hard work. Utter insanity to play two up front with this team unless one of them (Willock or Chair) drops back to help the Midfield.

Really disappointing again today.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Football Peterborough Thread Rangers Match Here Comment Game Score Sexy CTN on 10:51 - Oct 25 with 896 viewsstevec

Postman’s been. Still no sign of our Peterborough tickets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024