Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Offside 23:47 - Oct 26 with 12109 viewsdaveB

I try to stay off this board for a few hours after we lose, emotions are always high and tend to think in the cold light of day I can take a step back and try to give a reasonable response to a performance both good and bad but tonight honestly I don't know how I am going to sleep after seeing that Austin goal. That was a scandalous robbery by Stroud, not even close I can't get my head around what he thinks he's seen.

I don't care about how bad the penalties were, what we did well and badly in the other 95 minutes of that game, that one decision has killed me
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 23:48]
Offside on 23:53 - Oct 26 with 4573 viewsToast_R

Exactly how I feel. What's the point when the men in charge are so totally incapable of officiating a game of football.
Offside on 23:55 - Oct 26 with 4547 viewsbosh67

I've just seen it. How do you get that so wrong. It's not even close.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Offside on 23:55 - Oct 26 with 4545 viewsWatfordR

Don't worry. Give it a couple of weeks and we'll get a letter of apology from the referee's committee. That should make us all feel better.
Offside on 23:58 - Oct 26 with 4520 viewsdaveB

Offside on 23:53 - Oct 26 by Toast_R

Exactly how I feel. What's the point when the men in charge are so totally incapable of officiating a game of football.

I'm not quite sure how I managed to calm my son down telling him these things happen whilst inside wanting to explode with fury. I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue
Offside on 00:00 - Oct 27 with 4500 viewsJamesB1979

Offside on 23:58 - Oct 26 by daveB

I'm not quite sure how I managed to calm my son down telling him these things happen whilst inside wanting to explode with fury. I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue

It’s not Stroud though. He signalled a goal. It’s the linesman. But it is without doubt one of the worst decisions I can ever remember. I mean, what is he thinking?
Offside on 00:02 - Oct 27 with 4478 viewsdaveB

Offside on 00:00 - Oct 27 by JamesB1979

It’s not Stroud though. He signalled a goal. It’s the linesman. But it is without doubt one of the worst decisions I can ever remember. I mean, what is he thinking?

whoever it was I just can't believe it
Offside on 00:03 - Oct 27 with 4466 viewsstowmarketrange

Offside on 00:00 - Oct 27 by JamesB1979

He was trying to pay us back for his aching nuts.
Offside on 00:05 - Oct 27 with 4432 viewsHunterhoop

Offside on 23:55 - Oct 26 by WatfordR

Don't worry. Give it a couple of weeks and we'll get a letter of apology from the referee's committee. That should make us all feel better.

Indeed. History? Money? Here’s an apology.

It’s actually 3 bad decisions.

1) when Adomah strikes it Austin is onside
2) the defender saves it with his arm so that’s a red and penalty.
3) if you missed that and think it’s come off his chest, arm or head, it’s now a 2nd phase so even if Austin had been offside to begin with (which he wasn’t) he now can’t be because Sunderland played it last.

What makes it worse is the Lino took a few seconds to make the decision. To reach a conclusion of offside, someone is looking at find a way to disallow it. If you take one second to challenge yourself (“was that definitely offside?”) before awarding offside, surely you realise one of the 3 points above?

Surely?!
Login to get fewer ads

Offside on 00:06 - Oct 27 with 4421 viewsted_hendrix

Offside on 00:02 - Oct 27 by daveB

whoever it was I just can't believe it

It's a wrongun all day long Dave, stupid thing for me to say but try and calm down.

Football can be a bastard at times.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Offside on 00:06 - Oct 27 with 4422 viewsFredManRave

Couldn't agree more with the op as I've mentioned elsewhere on here tonight. The feeling of day (poor) light robbery is extremely hard to take. The rest, the play, set up, shape, individual performances, penalties, etc are irrelevant because we scored a legitimate goal in the 85th minute of a cup game.

Unfortunately this injustice will live with us and be retold and probably reshown many a time over the coming years.

Gutted.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Offside on 00:13 - Oct 27 with 4370 viewsWatfordR

Offside on 00:05 - Oct 27 by Hunterhoop

3) if you missed that and think it’s come off his chest, arm or head, it’s now a 2nd phase so even if Austin had been offside to begin with (which he wasn’t) he now can’t be because Sunderland played it last.

What makes it worse is the Lino took a few seconds to make the decision. To reach a conclusion of offside, someone is looking at find a way to disallow it. If you take one second to challenge yourself (“was that definitely offside?”) before awarding offside, surely you realise one of the 3 points above?

Surely?!

Look at it another way. To make the decision he has come to, he has to have NOT seen the ball strike the defender's arm, and he has then got to have seen some bit of Charlie Austin on the right side of the defender as he looks, when the rest of the universe can only see Charlie comfortably on the left side of the defender. If that suggests to anyone that he is competent for the job, they must be addicted to the same mind altering substances that he would clearly appear to be in the grip of.

What makes it even worse is these c@nts can disappear off into the night without being called to account for their decisions.

Warbs has to be interviewed, and he has to try not to use the same language on TV that we're all using on here even though he feels exactly the same way we do. If he does, he's fined because, laughably, he's the one bringing the game into disrepute.

Get that tvvat out in front of the cameras so someone can say to him "So, lino, talk us through your decision making process for this one...". "And having seen it again now, have you got a message for the Rangers team, management and fans?"
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 0:26]
Offside on 00:18 - Oct 27 with 4319 viewsRs_Holy

Surely?!

Yep... If we were as crap at our jobs as that lino we'd almost certain get the sack! 3 cockups in short succession.... Jeez! Sometimes in life you have to come to the conclusion your're not very good at certain things... Hope he realises very soon he is not up to the job.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 0:20]
Offside on 00:25 - Oct 27 with 4259 viewsted_hendrix

Offside on 00:13 - Oct 27 by WatfordR

Look at it another way. To make the decision he has come to, he has to have NOT seen the ball strike the defender's arm, and he has then got to have seen some bit of Charlie Austin on the right side of the defender as he looks, when the rest of the universe can only see Charlie comfortably on the left side of the defender. If that suggests to anyone that he is competent for the job, they must be addicted to the same mind altering substances that he would clearly appear to be in the grip of.

What makes it even worse is these c@nts can disappear off into the night without being called to account for their decisions.

Warbs has to be interviewed, and he has to try not to use the same language on TV that we're all using on here even though he feels exactly the same way we do. If he does, he's fined because, laughably, he's the one bringing the game into disrepute.

Get that tvvat out in front of the cameras so someone can say to him "So, lino, talk us through your decision making process for this one...". "And having seen it again now, have you got a message for the Rangers team, management and fans?"
[Post edited 27 Oct 2021 0:26]

Warbs has to be interviewed,

QPR boss Mark Warburton on Austin's disallowed goal: "It's staggering to be that wrong on a major decision in a game of that importance.

"Having just seen the picture I've just seen - wow! It's an appalling decision which has cost the club in all sorts of ways.

"We're not talking about an inch or a marginal decision. It's feet, between Charlie being onside and offside.

"With what's at stake, the financial implications for the club, big crowds home and away, everything which comes with progression to the last eight, I've never been so shocked to see a picture like that.

"To be that far onside, you have to question what did they see? I hope this doesn't get me too much of a fine."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Offside on 00:26 - Oct 27 with 4256 viewssevenhoop

Surely?!

Exactly what I was going to say, Hunter. Amd agreed with other poster, Stroud doesn’t make the offside call, but how the fukc has Stroud not said to the Lino ‘ok, if you say it’s offisde, I’ll go with that, but I’ll tell you what I did see, which is handball, the guy is off and it’s a pen’. Stupifying refereeing. I’m not going to get to bloody sleep now. FFS
Offside on 00:31 - Oct 27 with 4217 viewsWatfordR

Offside on 00:26 - Oct 27 by sevenhoop

Exactly what I was going to say, Hunter. Amd agreed with other poster, Stroud doesn’t make the offside call, but how the fukc has Stroud not said to the Lino ‘ok, if you say it’s offisde, I’ll go with that, but I’ll tell you what I did see, which is handball, the guy is off and it’s a pen’. Stupifying refereeing. I’m not going to get to bloody sleep now. FFS

I'm still sitting here stewing and I've got to be up for work in about 5 minutes!!!
Offside on 00:36 - Oct 27 with 4181 viewsLythamR

at the moment its an unfathomable decision, I am really hoping that a reasonable explanation will eventually emerge. imagine if this was the last game of the season and we had needed 3 points to make 6th place!
Offside on 00:39 - Oct 27 with 4164 viewsBakes

Forget the handball, the Sunderland defender puts his arm out and saves the shot, it then bounces on to Charlie’s head.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Offside on 00:45 - Oct 27 with 4149 viewsNorthernr

Keith Stroud.

We know it, you know it, he knows it. Old, unfit, incompetent, pedantic, eccentric, danger.

Every minute you get through without him blowing the whole thing up only moves you another minute closer to the next catastrophe.

He should have been fired after the Newcastle Burton debacle. Refereeing pedants absolutely fcking love it when football fans, bloggers, podcasters, message boarders, commentators steam into a referee and there’s some technicality buried deep within the almanac that means that he was “correct in law”. Nick London gets rinsed on here because some spur of the moment comment he made about a referee is actually not “correct in law”.

Well Keith Stroud wasn’t “correct in law” in that Newcastle Burton debacle, and should have been fired for it. And he wasn’t “correct in law” tonight, and it’s cost us a quarter final place.

Bet he gets another plum appointment next week though.

Festering fcking cock goblin.
Offside on 00:49 - Oct 27 with 4124 viewsSonofNorfolt

Offside on 00:45 - Oct 27 by Northernr

Keith Stroud.

We know it, you know it, he knows it. Old, unfit, incompetent, pedantic, eccentric, danger.

Every minute you get through without him blowing the whole thing up only moves you another minute closer to the next catastrophe.

He should have been fired after the Newcastle Burton debacle. Refereeing pedants absolutely fcking love it when football fans, bloggers, podcasters, message boarders, commentators steam into a referee and there’s some technicality buried deep within the almanac that means that he was “correct in law”. Nick London gets rinsed on here because some spur of the moment comment he made about a referee is actually not “correct in law”.

Well Keith Stroud wasn’t “correct in law” in that Newcastle Burton debacle, and should have been fired for it. And he wasn’t “correct in law” tonight, and it’s cost us a quarter final place.

I kicked him to death at Hanger Lane Station.
Offside on 00:50 - Oct 27 with 4120 viewsFredManRave

Keith Stroud.

The guy (plus the lino) has bummed over 13,000 football supporters in the gob in one night. That takes some doing.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Offside on 00:53 - Oct 27 with 4100 viewsWatfordR

Keith Stroud.

I suspect your match report is going to break the internet.
Offside on 00:55 - Oct 27 with 4076 viewsNorthernr

Offside on 00:53 - Oct 27 by WatfordR

I suspect your match report is going to break the internet.

It’s the first ever LFW 0/10. What’s the fcking point if the referee doesn’t know the rules himself?
Offside on 00:57 - Oct 27 with 4054 viewsSonofNorfolt

Offside on 00:55 - Oct 27 by Northernr

It’s the first ever LFW 0/10. What’s the fcking point if the referee doesn’t know the rules himself?

Go to bed son
Offside on 00:58 - Oct 27 with 4056 viewsWatfordR

Offside on 00:55 - Oct 27 by Northernr

He may not have been directly responsible for the linesman's decision, but he has to be responsible for not giving a penalty and red card to the defender for clearing Albert's shot with his arm, which would render the offside decision irrelevant.

I've never seen the forum so unified in it's outrage.
Offside on 02:24 - Oct 27 with 3922 viewsstrikerace

I was waiting for a replay of this from a few years ago

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024