Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen Adelaide 12:56 - Nov 16 with 8745 viewsHayesender

Just walked passed and there's builders there doing it up. Reopening in about three weeks apparently

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Queen Adelaide on 11:56 - Nov 17 with 1936 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Queen Adelaide on 11:30 - Nov 17 by francisbowles

Is it still Green King?

If not, who will be the first poster on here complaining about gentrification of the place and the high prices, as was the case when the British Queen transformed into the Pocket Watch?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 11:31]

The Toby was a while ago when all the old boys used to drink in there as it was about £1 a pint.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Queen Adelaide on 14:00 - Nov 17 with 1772 viewsBklynRanger

Queen Adelaide on 05:25 - Nov 17 by PieLout

Is The Packhorse on Chiswick High Road still operational?

Still operating yeah - quite nice in there.

Part of it is a Thai restaurant now which seems to be happening more and more (or it was the last time I was in) .

Not a bad compromise at all if it helps keep the pub afloat, I always think. Maybe they should all have a competition, get the punters in on a weeknight?
Queen Adelaide on 14:24 - Nov 17 with 1738 viewsRBlock

Queen Adelaide on 14:00 - Nov 17 by BklynRanger

Still operating yeah - quite nice in there.

Part of it is a Thai restaurant now which seems to be happening more and more (or it was the last time I was in) .

Not a bad compromise at all if it helps keep the pub afloat, I always think. Maybe they should all have a competition, get the punters in on a weeknight?

Important to make the definition between The Old Packhorse, and The Packhorse and Talbot, as someone mentioned above!

The Old Packhorse is another Fullers pub, still got the Thai restaurant which is decent, similar to The Crown. They do a good pub quiz in there as well, and a nice range of craft beer.

The Packhorse and Talbot is a bit more rough and ready (relative to Chiswick, anyway). Food is basic but a lot of space to watch the football. Usually end up in there after five aside.
Queen Adelaide on 14:46 - Nov 17 with 1718 viewsEsox_Lucius

Queen Adelaide on 14:24 - Nov 17 by RBlock

Important to make the definition between The Old Packhorse, and The Packhorse and Talbot, as someone mentioned above!

The Old Packhorse is another Fullers pub, still got the Thai restaurant which is decent, similar to The Crown. They do a good pub quiz in there as well, and a nice range of craft beer.

The Packhorse and Talbot is a bit more rough and ready (relative to Chiswick, anyway). Food is basic but a lot of space to watch the football. Usually end up in there after five aside.

What was the music venue pub in Chiswick back in the day. Worryingly, I went there many times to watch bands but I'm fücked if I can remember the name. Other good venues around that time were the Winning Post at Chertsey, The Tithe Farm House, The Hamborough Tavern, The Northcote Arms (Farx) and another pub, whose name escapes me me, at the back of Southall gas works where I once had the privilege of attending an outstanding set by Stray.

The grass is always greener.

Queen Adelaide on 15:38 - Nov 17 with 1660 viewslightwaterhoop

Queen Adelaide on 14:46 - Nov 17 by Esox_Lucius

What was the music venue pub in Chiswick back in the day. Worryingly, I went there many times to watch bands but I'm fücked if I can remember the name. Other good venues around that time were the Winning Post at Chertsey, The Tithe Farm House, The Hamborough Tavern, The Northcote Arms (Farx) and another pub, whose name escapes me me, at the back of Southall gas works where I once had the privilege of attending an outstanding set by Stray.

The John Bull is the pub your thinking of i think.I can remember going there but can't for the life of me remember who i saw.Getting it confused with the other pub rock venue's of the time.
Queen Adelaide on 15:40 - Nov 17 with 1657 viewsfrancisbowles

The Winning Post is now a Premier Inn. Have stayed there once or twice. Think of Thin Lizzy every time I drive past. Another music pub was the Red Lion at Brentford. Can't think of the Chiswick one, it wasn't the John Bull was it?
Queen Adelaide on 15:57 - Nov 17 with 1635 viewsParkRoyalR

The John Bull?
Queen Adelaide on 16:00 - Nov 17 with 1631 viewsRBlock

The John Bull, now rebranded as 'The Gunnersbury' is certainly the big music pub, although as the name suggests it's more Gunnersbury than Chiswick High Road. Think that could be where you mean.

The George IV has bands in on the weekends, but probably about as much of a music pub as The Crown is (another Fullers). The Barley Mow, now renamed The Lamb, also used to have a bands in on the weekends, with a big Antipodean contingent drinking there before making their way to The Redback in Acton. Used to work behind the bar there in my late teens, selling XXXX that was well past it's sell-by date for 5 bottles for a tenner.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 16:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Queen Adelaide on 17:10 - Nov 17 with 1544 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide on 15:40 - Nov 17 by francisbowles

The Winning Post is now a Premier Inn. Have stayed there once or twice. Think of Thin Lizzy every time I drive past. Another music pub was the Red Lion at Brentford. Can't think of the Chiswick one, it wasn't the John Bull was it?

The Red Lion at Brentford is now sadly, a McDonalds drive through unit.
The Brewery Tap in Brentford is still alive and has just been refurbished although I've yet to see it. They had folky bluesy sort of music there and a blues combo called Harmonica Lewinsky !
Queen Adelaide on 18:22 - Nov 17 with 1496 viewsjohncharles

Didn’t the Roebuck on Chiswick High Road have live music ?
As for the John Bull in Gunnersbury ☠️☠️☠️ Was a place to avoid. More like a fights venue and a pretty crap pub anyway.

Strong and stable my arse.

Queen Adelaide on 19:30 - Nov 17 with 1427 viewsMick_S

Queen Adelaide on 08:49 - Nov 17 by Northolt_Rs

Remember the Load of Hay?

Pm mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Queen Adelaide on 18:39 - Nov 18 with 1171 viewsthame_hoops

Has anyone been around Battersea/nine elms lately? It’s supposed to be a really cool area to go out for a few drinks. I need to get my Visa renewed soon anyway so I was gonna go take a look after the embassy.
Queen Adelaide on 17:27 - Dec 11 with 772 viewsOutWestR

Anyone know if the Adelaide has reopened yet? Can't find anything online about when it opens.
Thanks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024