Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen Adelaide 12:56 - Nov 16 with 8743 viewsHayesender

Just walked passed and there's builders there doing it up. Reopening in about three weeks apparently

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Queen Adelaide on 17:39 - Nov 16 with 2130 viewsqpr_1968

Queen Adelaide on 15:58 - Nov 16 by Mick_S

The Plough in Northolt (downstairs bit called Fraggle Rock as it was so ugly in there) The boss has to go out so asks a regular to run the bar.

Regular makes announcement that all beer is 1914 prices and charges 2p a pint.

Good man.

dodgey old pub the plough......until it burnt down.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Queen Adelaide on 17:59 - Nov 16 with 2083 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide on 17:11 - Nov 16 by dmm

Talking of pubs in Putney, after the latest shellacking at the Cottage I was introduced to The Bricklayers Arms in Waterman Street, just up from the river. A lovely little out-of-the-way pub with a brilliant selection of ales. Numerous pints of Putney Porter helped assuage the afternoon's agonies.

Top class pub but like so many not open lunchtime during the week.
Queen Adelaide on 18:28 - Nov 16 with 2025 viewsQPRSteve

Queen Adelaide on 16:19 - Nov 16 by TheChef

Bush Rangers days were numbered when it had the refurb and it ended up looking like a doctor's surgery.

The Goldhawk is another story - although towards the end they had no feel for the football fan customers, Saturday lunchtime/afternoons when home games were on they still would have maybe two people behind the bar who seemed bemused why they had so many customers. Its peak was probably about 20 years ago now (!), fond memories of after the Oldham play off semi final and the lock in that followed; an ex-ASB manager was landlord at the time, which helped!

Didn't the Goldhawk close because of drugs? I'm sure I heard that there was a lot of dealing going on in there and the police had it shut down,
Queen Adelaide on 18:29 - Nov 16 with 2010 viewsBoston

Queen Adelaide on 17:11 - Nov 16 by dmm

Talking of pubs in Putney, after the latest shellacking at the Cottage I was introduced to The Bricklayers Arms in Waterman Street, just up from the river. A lovely little out-of-the-way pub with a brilliant selection of ales. Numerous pints of Putney Porter helped assuage the afternoon's agonies.

Good to read it's still open as it closed some years ago and I really didn't hold out much hope for survival. I like the out of the way character of its location, up the little street and the closeness of the river and, certainly when we play at Craven Cottage, there's plenty of Rangers in there without it becoming all 'football'.
Saying that, It must have been about twelve years ago when a group of us went in one evening and I spotted Chinnor, a well known Fulham man from back in the day. He hung around with a crowd of blokes from Whitton in Hounslow who followed the UK Subs, so I thought great, I can catch up with whatever happened to Sean Wide, Barney, Van den Berg and Mitton (though Mitton was East Ham), among others. I said hello but he claimed I was mistaken, load of bollox, even though it was 35/40 years since we'd crossed paths, he remembered I was Rangers and bottled it when we come in!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Queen Adelaide on 19:14 - Nov 16 with 1932 viewsMick_S

Queen Adelaide on 17:39 - Nov 16 by qpr_1968

dodgey old pub the plough......until it burnt down.

I always felt comfortable in there, unlike in other local places. It was a lovely looking pub, with the thatched roof and all that; full of funny people. It’s a Sainsbury’s local now.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Queen Adelaide on 19:27 - Nov 16 with 1919 viewsmcqpr10

Talking about boozers we've frequented all too regularly is my favourite topic of discussion on this message board . Love hearing all the stories.
I wonder do we look back with rose tinted specs. Whenever I went to the goldhawk or o Donohue's towards the end they were absolutely dead. My friends used to mourn the spinning wheel in Northfield's closing but then I thought we never used to go that much and when we did it weren't anything special.
The Richmond on the shepherds Bush road is my pub of choice now before games. Feel it's deeply underrated.
Queen Adelaide on 21:02 - Nov 16 with 1780 viewsqpr_1968

Queen Adelaide on 19:27 - Nov 16 by mcqpr10

Talking about boozers we've frequented all too regularly is my favourite topic of discussion on this message board . Love hearing all the stories.
I wonder do we look back with rose tinted specs. Whenever I went to the goldhawk or o Donohue's towards the end they were absolutely dead. My friends used to mourn the spinning wheel in Northfield's closing but then I thought we never used to go that much and when we did it weren't anything special.
The Richmond on the shepherds Bush road is my pub of choice now before games. Feel it's deeply underrated.

your right, it is deeply underrated.
spacious pub, enough screens to watch, always easy to get served, food.....if you like chicagos pizzas.
good outside space as well.
but a nice easy walk to the ground passing every food outlet in the world.....if you dont like pizza.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Queen Adelaide on 21:43 - Nov 16 with 1733 viewsHayesender

Ended up in the George. Now back in West London in the Duchess

Login to get fewer ads

Queen Adelaide on 22:27 - Nov 16 with 1679 viewsqprxtc

Queen Adelaide on 21:02 - Nov 16 by qpr_1968

spacious pub, enough screens to watch, always easy to get served, food.....if you like chicagos pizzas.
but a nice easy walk to the ground passing every food outlet in the world.....if you dont like pizza.

The landlord is a right moody f uckgob.
Queen Adelaide on 23:25 - Nov 16 with 1615 viewsHayesender

Queen Adelaide on 21:02 - Nov 16 by qpr_1968

Considering I live a 20 minute walk from the Richmond, I've never set foot in the place

Queen Adelaide on 01:18 - Nov 17 with 1553 viewsBoston

Queen Adelaide on 23:25 - Nov 16 by Hayesender

Considering I live a 20 minute walk from the Richmond, I've never set foot in the place

Me neither.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Queen Adelaide on 05:20 - Nov 17 with 1492 viewsPieLout

Queen Adelaide on 14:14 - Nov 16 by Northernr

I still think it's a crime that the Goldhawk and the Bush Ranger were allowed to go the way they did.

Ah, The Goldhawk. Many, many enjoyable times in there.
Queen Adelaide on 05:25 - Nov 17 with 1490 viewsPieLout

Is The Packhorse on Chiswick High Road still operational?
Queen Adelaide on 07:55 - Nov 17 with 1421 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide on 05:25 - Nov 17 by PieLout

Is The Packhorse on Chiswick High Road still operational?

Yes it's still there, as is the Packhorse & Talbot further up the road. Lots of people mention the name but don't know what a talbot is. It's a dog that runs alongside keeping the horses straight.
Queen Adelaide on 08:49 - Nov 17 with 1379 viewsNortholt_Rs

Queen Adelaide on 19:14 - Nov 16 by Mick_S

I always felt comfortable in there, unlike in other local places. It was a lovely looking pub, with the thatched roof and all that; full of funny people. It’s a Sainsbury’s local now.

Remember the Load of Hay?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Queen Adelaide on 09:24 - Nov 17 with 1343 viewsKonk

Bush Ranger was our local when we played at your place. Great pub back then. Nick, the barman (big curly Barnet) ended-up working in my local in Harringay (The Salisbury). Nice bloke. Small world.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Queen Adelaide on 09:33 - Nov 17 with 1328 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide on 09:24 - Nov 17 by Konk

Bush Ranger was our local when we played at your place. Great pub back then. Nick, the barman (big curly Barnet) ended-up working in my local in Harringay (The Salisbury). Nice bloke. Small world.

Yes, it's a small world but you wouldn't say that if you had to paint it!
Queen Adelaide on 09:36 - Nov 17 with 1325 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Queen Adelaide on 19:27 - Nov 16 by mcqpr10

Used to live 50 yards down from there. Great pub.

Another hidden gem is the Stewart Arms across the dual carriageway from Shepherds Bush station. Used to love my train getting cancelled so I could get in there for a couple. Never used to be nice though.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 9:41]
Queen Adelaide on 09:40 - Nov 17 with 1312 viewsMick_S

Queen Adelaide on 08:49 - Nov 17 by Northolt_Rs

Remember the Load of Hay?

I’ve been trying to avoid that

Without doubt the worst boozer I’ve ever been in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Queen Adelaide on 10:24 - Nov 17 with 1228 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The Adelaide is the only place I've been in that used to sell Toby on draught and consequently the only pub I've got drunk drinking Toby in.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Queen Adelaide on 11:25 - Nov 17 with 1160 viewsrobith

Queen Adelaide on 09:24 - Nov 17 by Konk

love the Salisbury
Queen Adelaide on 11:30 - Nov 17 with 1148 viewsfrancisbowles

Queen Adelaide on 10:24 - Nov 17 by Metallica_Hoop

The Adelaide is the only place I've been in that used to sell Toby on draught and consequently the only pub I've got drunk drinking Toby in.

Is it still Green King?

If not, who will be the first poster on here complaining about gentrification of the place and the high prices, as was the case when the British Queen transformed into the Pocket Watch?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 11:31]
Queen Adelaide on 11:35 - Nov 17 with 1143 viewsRBlock

Queen Adelaide on 09:36 - Nov 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Used to live 50 yards down from there. Great pub.

Another hidden gem is the Stewart Arms across the dual carriageway from Shepherds Bush station. Used to love my train getting cancelled so I could get in there for a couple. Never used to be nice though.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 9:41]

Great little pub the Stewart Arms, good for a game of pool or two.

Was never a fan of the Richmond - barely went in there but always had it pegged as a bit ropey. Maybe will have to give it another try.

Big fan on The Queen's Head on Brook Green - Fullers boozer, went in there the other day and they had the fire going which was lovely.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 16:01]
Queen Adelaide on 11:36 - Nov 17 with 1136 viewsRBlock

Queen Adelaide on 11:30 - Nov 17 by francisbowles

Is it still Green King?

If not, who will be the first poster on here complaining about gentrification of the place and the high prices, as was the case when the British Queen transformed into the Pocket Watch?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 11:31]

The Adelaide was pretty gentrified anyway, was hardly a traditional Green King pub.
Queen Adelaide on 11:49 - Nov 17 with 1106 viewsrobith

Queen Adelaide on 11:36 - Nov 17 by RBlock

The Adelaide was pretty gentrified anyway, was hardly a traditional Green King pub.

yeah it had tons of craft beers on tap and they cost a pretty penny
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024