Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread 10:13 - Nov 29 with 35704 viewsnix

Having inadvertently trodden on Connell's toes by starting the Huddersfield thread while he was on a glorious one match winning run - apologies- I'm hoping to double my similar record, with a victory tonight.

May have a bit of a cup final vibe for them after more financial revelations, the Wembley gig which obviously still rankles, and their recent record with a draw against Fulham and beating Bournemouth, so it could be a tough match tonight.

Doubt it'll be high scoring: they're one of the lowest scoring (16) and lowest conceding (18) teams in the league.

0-1 the Rs with Dykes scoring off the bench.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 07:31 - Nov 30 with 1967 viewskernowhoop

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 02:50 - Nov 30 by bob566

Can we just call them derby please. I don't get the wr derby thing. Very gracious in defeat tonight and has bankrolled players wages. Seems like a genuinely nice guy

Spoke surprisingly well in the Sky interview after the game.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 07:43 - Nov 30 with 1918 viewsJuzzie

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 02:50 - Nov 30 by bob566

Can we just call them derby please. I don't get the wr derby thing. Very gracious in defeat tonight and has bankrolled players wages. Seems like a genuinely nice guy

I think he bankrolled club staff wages, not the players.

Big difference but great gesture nonetheless.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 07:48 - Nov 30 with 1890 viewsnix

It's not a pop at him Bob, at least from me, it's more the Sky razzmatazz around certain people. But as it upsets you I won't do it again. He's definitely shown loyalty and guts in sticking it out and his interview last night showed a lot of grace. I like the fact he wants to learn from the lower level up rather than waltzing into a big club with no experience of the coal face. I think Liam Rosenior is probably an important influence in the background, so he should try to hang onto him.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 07:53 - Nov 30 with 1876 viewsPhildo

Doesn't the world seem nice this morning?
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 07:55 - Nov 30 with 1872 viewsRs_Holy

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 07:53 - Nov 30 by Phildo

its a great feeling... Lets hope Monday morning feels the same :)
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 09:20 - Nov 30 with 1684 viewsWokingR

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 07:53 - Nov 30 by Phildo

FInally warming up
Just once, can we play Derby away in the sun
Why does it always seem to be the coldest day of the year when we play there
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 10:39 - Nov 30 with 1559 viewsPinnerPaul

As said yesterday I had an U23 line last night.

HT in my game (7.30pm ko) Mrs Pinner tells me we're losing 1-0.

Thought that was it tbh. FT my game, she tells me its 1-1 - 80 mins gone.

Need her phone for the SatNav, so we don't turn that off until we're on the M25.

'Just check the FT' I say

'2-1' she replies,

'Oh we lost?'

'No 2-1" to us she says.

Rest of the journey home was a whole lot happier!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 11:06 - Nov 30 with 1501 viewsthemodfather

qpr up to 3rd after a good game v derby, they played well given they are bottom, down and in turmoil, they raised their game and after all they are WAYNE ROONEYs derby. anyway we kept at em, always int eh game and a strong second half and 2 great goals won it, willock volley was top notch and the goal grey scored was like clive allen in 83? v cambridge, another classic r's goal. austin rubbing his eyes to derby fans was another classic moment lol . up to 3rd!
Login to get fewer ads

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:12 - Nov 30 with 1316 viewsdmm

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 10:39 - Nov 30 by PinnerPaul

As said yesterday I had an U23 line last night.

HT in my game (7.30pm ko) Mrs Pinner tells me we're losing 1-0.

Thought that was it tbh. FT my game, she tells me its 1-1 - 80 mins gone.

Need her phone for the SatNav, so we don't turn that off until we're on the M25.

'Just check the FT' I say

'2-1' she replies,

'Oh we lost?'

'No 2-1" to us she says.

Rest of the journey home was a whole lot happier!

I'm most impressed that Mrs Pinner goes along with you when you officiate. She must love you lots!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:18 - Nov 30 with 1280 viewsMatch82

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:12 - Nov 30 by dmm

I'm most impressed that Mrs Pinner goes along with you when you officiate. She must love you lots!

Either that or she's leading the chants about the ref from the stands
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:10 - Nov 30 with 1158 viewsPinnerPaul

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:12 - Nov 30 by dmm

She used to come to a lot more, but the attraction is finally wearing off!

Last night was a bit of a trek, so was nice to have the company!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 17:12 - Nov 30 with 1135 viewsPinnerPaul

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 14:18 - Nov 30 by Match82

Either that or she's leading the chants about the ref from the stands

Indeed!

Probably the most embarrassing moment was when there was a tight goal/no goall ball over the line or not shout and I was on the line.

Afterwards in post match hospitality, she said, a tad too loudly "Wasn't that miles over the line?", of course I had NOT signalled for a goal!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 19:12 - Nov 30 with 952 viewsthemodfather

oh charlie rubbing his eyes, wayne rooneys derby humbled, their fans grumbling, this is xmas, new year, a pay rise and career promotion at work in one lol!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024