Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread 10:13 - Nov 29 with 35844 viewsnix

Having inadvertently trodden on Connell's toes by starting the Huddersfield thread while he was on a glorious one match winning run - apologies- I'm hoping to double my similar record, with a victory tonight.

May have a bit of a cup final vibe for them after more financial revelations, the Wembley gig which obviously still rankles, and their recent record with a draw against Fulham and beating Bournemouth, so it could be a tough match tonight.

Doubt it'll be high scoring: they're one of the lowest scoring (16) and lowest conceding (18) teams in the league.

0-1 the Rs with Dykes scoring off the bench.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:46 - Nov 29 with 2595 viewsstainrods_elbow

It wasn't all great, but we wiped the carpet with them, football-wise, and that win was deserved. Their ape-like holding at our maddeningly unproductive endless corners was so egregious I nearly kicked in my laptop at the latest disgrace of our Championship officials. But who gives a flying f*ck when we beat poor old Derby, the ref, and in such spectacular style? Gray's goal might be the one that kickstarts his season, and we celebrated like we'd diverted a meteorite strike.

That was a statement result, my blue and white friends. We are 3rd!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:47 - Nov 29 with 2606 viewsQPRSteve

Hear the fans singing Oh Bobby Zamora at the finish lol
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:47 - Nov 29 with 2597 viewsKiwi76

trying to work through that and had bloody customers on phone for both our goals - f'ing get in!!!
Happy with that
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:49 - Nov 29 with 2525 viewsLogman

Right now I just want to see Warbs, steam coming off his head, pursed lips 'vital three points, vital three points'
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:49 - Nov 29 with 2521 viewsBeckenhamhoop

What a special team this is. Such a pleasure to watch.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:52 - Nov 29 with 2406 viewsBoston

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:43 - Nov 29 by WirralHoop

I was still cursing Chair for missing the header when the ball hit the back of the net.

What was going on with Derby that a 5’ 2” bloke almost scored twice with headers!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:52 - Nov 29 with 2387 viewsAntti_Heinola

Really, really tough place to go, they're down there but hardly anyone has beaten them. Fantastic result, great determination and also absolute quality when it mattered. While both goals came from great final balls, both were also front to back in seconds goals. Complaint about Jojo above, but look at his ball to Chair before Chair plays it to Charlie. And Adomah absolutely superb getting it to Willock, with his superb run. Brilliant.

Should've had a penalty too.

I saw Ilias head the ball twice tonight, that's at least one more than the rest of his career with us ;)

Willock gives the sweetest interviews too. What a lovely kid.

Bare bones.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:53 - Nov 29 with 2350 views100percent

Blimey........
thought we were all over them tonight but it felt like it was slipping away...
step up Andre Gray.... what a killer goal.....
Login to get fewer ads

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:59 - Nov 29 with 2163 viewsBostonR

Much better second halve and fully deserved. Whilst I was never a fan you have to give credit to Rooney who has set his team up well.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:59 - Nov 29 with 2140 viewsted_hendrix

Under the Warnock promotion season we won with a scrappy workman like performance 1-0 at Doncaster, we left the ground that afternoon and I knew, just knew we were gonna get promoted.

I'm beginning to think Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I better start controlling myself and not get carried away.

Oh dear.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:00 - Nov 29 with 2097 viewsnumptydumpty

I felt the whole second half, the second goal was coming but with five minutes to go would have settled for a draw but the two qpr goals were special.

I myself felt the jury was still out on Gray but wow that kind of finish can change a season.

We would have already been pleased but not only are we consolidating in the playoffs but the top two that were out of sight, are coming into range.

We definitely needed a win on the road.

All the attackers are contributing with Dykes to come back too.

Sometimes when things fall into place at such a late stage, we can start to dream.

Now wish I had braved the freeze tonight. Jealous of all the rangers there today.

We do like playing Derby !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:00 - Nov 29 with 2098 viewsRangersw12

Thought we were pretty average 1st half but managed to step it up 2nd half and get a deserved win

2 fantastic goals and this really is a great team to watch all the players seem sound honest lads giving their best
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:01 - Nov 29 with 2075 viewsNorthantsHoop

Super Rangers, what a way to win. Brilliant 2nd half performance and two super finishes and Gray's winner brilliant.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:01 - Nov 29 with 2062 viewsstevec

Be lovely if we could open up a big big gap on 7th and then hope Bournemouth disintegrate.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:01 - Nov 29 with 2066 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fair play to Rooney, very honest interview here. Far better than a lot of managers would have been. Really gaining respect for him lately.

Bare bones.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:02 - Nov 29 with 2017 viewsBklynRanger

I was very impressed with Gray in the interview too - a lot of determination and level headedness. He doesn't have the smallest of arses but the move for him is beginning to make a lot more sense.

You got the feeling he was on his game when he launched that bullet into the net earlier - ok the whistle had gone but his touch looked to be there.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:03 - Nov 29 with 2012 viewsAntti_Heinola

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:00 - Nov 29 by Rangersw12

Thought we were pretty average 1st half but managed to step it up 2nd half and get a deserved win

2 fantastic goals and this really is a great team to watch all the players seem sound honest lads giving their best

Still think when we dominate the ball like that in first halves, as we did v Huddersfield, it eventually wears teams down. Think it was better than people gave it credit for at HT. Listen to Rooney now - he felt lucky to be a goal up at half time.

Bare bones.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:03 - Nov 29 with 2003 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
Did we deserve this victory?
Absolutely yes.
Did we play well - not great in the first - lots of misplaced passes - but so much better in the second.
We delivered much more pace after trailing 1-0 at HT.
But let's give credit to Derby.
A very well organised defence - one of the best in the Championship.
And Lawrence scored a well taken 10th minute goal after a misplaced QPR pass and a mistake by Dickie.
But whatever Warbs said at HT it worked.
And two brilliant goals.
First a wonderful by-line cross from Charlie and great control on the volley from Willock.
He is such a class act along with Chair.
And then the goal of the month in injury time.
Uncle a long ball from well inside his own half to Willock
Then Willock's cross - Chair heads against the post and sub Gray with his back to the goal collecting the rebound - juggles the ball twice on his foot and slams it home.
He thinks it was his best-ever goal.
We can watch that piece of skill several times - it was that good.
So here we are 20 matches played - 3rd place - 4 points clear of 7th placed Stoke and maybe just maybe - we can close on second placed Bournemouth - 7 points behind.
31 successive games we've scored in the league.
Unbeaten last 6 matches - 4 wins and two draws.
Next stop home to Stoke on Sunday at 2.30pm.
We can only relish this wonderful ride so far this season.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:04 - Nov 29 with 1959 viewsjoe90

I’m so buzzing after that. Really feels like a defining moment for us.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:06 - Nov 29 with 1915 viewsDorse

Evening all. What'd I miss?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:06 - Nov 29 with 1908 views100percent

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:59 - Nov 29 by ted_hendrix

Under the Warnock promotion season we won with a scrappy workman like performance 1-0 at Doncaster, we left the ground that afternoon and I knew, just knew we were gonna get promoted.

I'm beginning to think Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I better start controlling myself and not get carried away.

Oh dear.

Enjoying watching this lot more I think Ted... no heirs and graces, terrific workrate and raw talent across the team. Long way from being the finished article but some lovely characters in there. Happy days....
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:07 - Nov 29 with 1866 viewstraininvain

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:03 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

Still think when we dominate the ball like that in first halves, as we did v Huddersfield, it eventually wears teams down. Think it was better than people gave it credit for at HT. Listen to Rooney now - he felt lucky to be a goal up at half time.

Agreed. Derby were knackered by the last 20 mins hence why we started getting chances. They couldn’t cope with our movement going forward.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:09 - Nov 29 with 1840 viewsBklynRanger

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:06 - Nov 29 by Dorse

Evening all. What'd I miss?

No that much mate - Willock bundled one over the line, Gray nudged in a sitter.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:10 - Nov 29 with 1815 viewshamptonhillhoop

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:01 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

Fair play to Rooney, very honest interview here. Far better than a lot of managers would have been. Really gaining respect for him lately.

Thought the same. No excuses. A realistic assessment. Take note, Nathan jones
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:14 - Nov 29 with 1727 viewsRangersw12

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:03 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

I just think we didn' move the ball quick enough but like someone else said Derby looked dead on their feet last 25 mins or so your probably right
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024