Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread 10:13 - Nov 29 with 35845 viewsnix

Having inadvertently trodden on Connell's toes by starting the Huddersfield thread while he was on a glorious one match winning run - apologies- I'm hoping to double my similar record, with a victory tonight.

May have a bit of a cup final vibe for them after more financial revelations, the Wembley gig which obviously still rankles, and their recent record with a draw against Fulham and beating Bournemouth, so it could be a tough match tonight.

Doubt it'll be high scoring: they're one of the lowest scoring (16) and lowest conceding (18) teams in the league.

0-1 the Rs with Dykes scoring off the bench.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:14 - Nov 29 with 2682 viewsdistortR

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:06 - Nov 29 by Dorse

Evening all. What'd I miss?

you've not been stuck on a Connell thread somewhere, have you?
He's bad for that
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:15 - Nov 29 with 2667 viewsE17hoop

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:38 - Nov 29 by Boston

Fookin’ W@nkers!

Go on then...

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:15 - Nov 29 with 2653 viewsMyke

Yea Willock and Gray were decent, but what a performance from Nix! (Wo)man of the match by some distance!
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:16 - Nov 29 with 2636 viewsMick_S

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:06 - Nov 29 by Dorse

Evening all. What'd I miss?

2-1 mate. To us. 2 tap ins.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:17 - Nov 29 with 2601 viewsDWQPR

Just had an early look on the Stoke message board. They are not looking forward to Sunday. One poster called us the anti-Christ of football teams for them. Fast passing, movement and pacy! That’ll do me. Someone somewhere is going to cop one hell of a hiding soon.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:20 - Nov 29 with 2522 viewsconnell10

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:14 - Nov 29 by distortR

you've not been stuck on a Connell thread somewhere, have you?
He's bad for that

What did I miss??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:21 - Nov 29 with 2502 viewsVancouverHoop

They've also lost their last two matches. It's a pivotal time for them, another loss and they'll feel they're sliding out of the playoff picture.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:21 - Nov 29 with 2499 viewsQPRSteve

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:17 - Nov 29 by DWQPR

Just had an early look on the Stoke message board. They are not looking forward to Sunday. One poster called us the anti-Christ of football teams for them. Fast passing, movement and pacy! That’ll do me. Someone somewhere is going to cop one hell of a hiding soon.

Can't believe on reading some press reports on the game how they all think Chair should have scored from that header. None of them seemed to have seen the blatant push on him. One of two penalties the ref missed.
Login to get fewer ads

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:26 - Nov 29 with 2415 viewsMick_S

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:21 - Nov 29 by QPRSteve

Can't believe on reading some press reports on the game how they all think Chair should have scored from that header. None of them seemed to have seen the blatant push on him. One of two penalties the ref missed.

Same on sky. That push sent him half way to Nottingham.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:37 - Nov 29 with 2279 viewsBurnleyhoop

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:03 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

Still think when we dominate the ball like that in first halves, as we did v Huddersfield, it eventually wears teams down. Think it was better than people gave it credit for at HT. Listen to Rooney now - he felt lucky to be a goal up at half time.

Andre & Warbs both admitted there was a lack of intensity and penetration in the first half and words were needed to ensure we upped th “ante”.
Don’t disagree with your point though Antii, as long as the plan is to move through the gears in the second half.

Do feel that in tight games, the quality and technical ability we do possess is often the reason we can finish teams off. Chair will be a big miss in January.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:37 - Nov 29 with 2274 viewsdmm

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:26 - Nov 29 by Mick_S

Same on sky. That push sent him half way to Nottingham.

Nottingham?! Shhhhhhhhhhh.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:44 - Nov 29 with 2170 viewsnix

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:15 - Nov 29 by Myke

Yea Willock and Gray were decent, but what a performance from Nix! (Wo)man of the match by some distance!

Well I thank you. Obviously, I'd like to thank my family, everyone from LFW, Clive, and not to mention Andre and Chris for their contributions tonight.

😜
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:45 - Nov 29 with 2158 viewsdistortR

Chairs work rate is phenomenal
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:47 - Nov 29 with 2112 viewsdistortR

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:21 - Nov 29 by QPRSteve

surprised no-one appealed for a penalty there.
The holding on Dickie prior to the pull-back of Dunne was as blatant as can be.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:52 - Nov 29 with 2059 viewsStanisgod

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 22:47 - Nov 29 by distortR

surprised no-one appealed for a penalty there.
The holding on Dickie prior to the pull-back of Dunne was as blatant as can be.

Once again, awful referee, but thats the norm these days.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 23:26 - Nov 29 with 1850 viewsNortholt_Rs

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:45 - Nov 29 by DWQPR

God that was frustrating at times. Clearly a class above Derby and dominated but the slowing down at a snails pace and going backwards when a forward pass was clear to see was more than annoying. Johansen I hate to say it at times reminds me of Barton with his ‘Hollywood’ balls to nowhere. Dozzell for me was MOTM followed closely by Willock. This team needs to believe that it is capable of getting in the top two.

Er…..great win though right?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 23:27 - Nov 29 with 1840 viewsNortholt_Rs

Plus he obviously meant to hit the post to tee Andre up for the goal of the season!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 23:40 - Nov 29 with 1791 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I couldn’t even tell if Chair got a head on that ball in the 90th… kind of thought he wiffed and it just happened to hit the post! He missed some opportunities and squandered some chances in the box by being indecisive but he works so hard and put in such a great effort all game long. We’d really be lost without him.

Willock MOTM for me, but Dozzell deserved a shout. He’s a calming influence in the midfield. We’re really set up well there for years to come with him, Amos and Field.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 23:41]
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 23:49 - Nov 29 with 1743 viewsQPR_Hibs

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 23:40 - Nov 29 by EmpireStateRanger

I couldn’t even tell if Chair got a head on that ball in the 90th… kind of thought he wiffed and it just happened to hit the post! He missed some opportunities and squandered some chances in the box by being indecisive but he works so hard and put in such a great effort all game long. We’d really be lost without him.

Willock MOTM for me, but Dozzell deserved a shout. He’s a calming influence in the midfield. We’re really set up well there for years to come with him, Amos and Field.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 23:41]

WLS gave Dozzell a 5 and Johansen a 7. I would have given them the other way round.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 23:51 - Nov 29 with 1723 viewsEmpireStateRanger

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 23:49 - Nov 29 by QPR_Hibs

WLS gave Dozzell a 5 and Johansen a 7. I would have given them the other way round.

Yeah that’s a bit silly. Stef was ambitious but missed a whole lot of passes tonight. Not a top game from him.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 00:23 - Nov 30 with 1623 viewsdavman

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:45 - Nov 29 by DWQPR

God that was frustrating at times. Clearly a class above Derby and dominated but the slowing down at a snails pace and going backwards when a forward pass was clear to see was more than annoying. Johansen I hate to say it at times reminds me of Barton with his ‘Hollywood’ balls to nowhere. Dozzell for me was MOTM followed closely by Willock. This team needs to believe that it is capable of getting in the top two.

Glad someone said that. WLS rated Jojo higher than Dozell. Clearly they were watching a different game. Another class display from Jason's boy.

Amos, Field and especially Ball not going to get much game time with him playing this way (although I'd like to see Field and Dozell in there for a game or two!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 01:05 - Nov 30 with 1549 viewsMyke

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 00:23 - Nov 30 by davman

Glad someone said that. WLS rated Jojo higher than Dozell. Clearly they were watching a different game. Another class display from Jason's boy.

Amos, Field and especially Ball not going to get much game time with him playing this way (although I'd like to see Field and Dozell in there for a game or two!

The great thing is we have options. I would actually be comfortable resting Jo Jo for a game here and there which would have been unthinkable a couple of months ago. Dozzell has really stepped up, great kudos to recruitment staff on that one.
Now if we just plug that gaping hole through the middle of our defence, my blood-pressure would stabilise I'm sure.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 02:29 - Nov 30 with 1459 viewsstowmarketrange

WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 21:47 - Nov 29 by QPRSteve

Hear the fans singing Oh Bobby Zamora at the finish lol

According to my brother at the game “we’re qpr,we stay till the end.” In response to their rendition of “we fight till the end.”
This was sung to them as they were leaving early in droves.
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 02:50 - Nov 30 with 1444 viewsbob566

Can we just call them derby please. I don't get the wr derby thing. Very gracious in defeat tonight and has bankrolled players wages. Seems like a genuinely nice guy
WR Derby County - Another game in a weird time slot Match Day Thread on 04:56 - Nov 30 with 1341 viewsMatch82

What a great win, and another one coming from behind. Love this team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024