Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs 17:39 - Dec 3 with 8636 viewsenfieldargh

One of my favourite Rangers.

No nonsense Fen hard as nails.

Shame I won't be able to hear a word he says

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 11:42 - Dec 7 with 1456 viewsAntti_Heinola

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 10:44 - Dec 7 by Shadow

We've established that and I'm not saying it is.

This could go around in circles so for the last time until we have a proper Hall of Fame it places the mediocre with the great and I don't like that. Any project which sets out to say that Hogan Ephraim is an equal to Dave Thomas, for example, isn't for me. That's all I am saying.

You, and others, can feel what ever you want to feel about it.

It doesn't say Ephraim is equal to Thomas. That's literally what everyone is trying to tell you. You can feel however you like about it, but your basic starting position for the feeling you have is fundamentally wrong, which misinforms your feeling. But you're right, this is going in more circles than a Scott Parker centre circle highlight reel.

Bare bones.

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:27 - Dec 7 with 1419 viewsCiderwithRsie

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 09:10 - Dec 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Having watched that, Fenwick comes across so clearly but the interview speaks with all the clarity of a British rail announcer on a mixture of Disco's drugs!

Aren't all rail announcers on a mix of Disco's drugs? I know I'd have to be to spend my working day reading out lists of stations and telling people the train's late again.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:30 - Dec 7 with 1405 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 11:42 - Dec 7 by Antti_Heinola

It doesn't say Ephraim is equal to Thomas. That's literally what everyone is trying to tell you. You can feel however you like about it, but your basic starting position for the feeling you have is fundamentally wrong, which misinforms your feeling. But you're right, this is going in more circles than a Scott Parker centre circle highlight reel.

"It doesn't say Ephraim is equal to Thomas"

It doesn't say he isn't either and there lies the problem not just for me but many...
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:51 - Dec 7 with 1368 viewsTheChef

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:30 - Dec 7 by Shadow

It doesn't say he isn't either and there lies the problem not just for me but many...

Oooooh, who are the many?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:41 - Dec 7 with 1329 viewsNorthernr

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:51 - Dec 7 by TheChef

Depends how many accounts you can set up.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 14:33 - Dec 7 with 1291 viewsAntti_Heinola

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:30 - Dec 7 by Shadow

Sounding more ridiculous by the second.

Bare bones.

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 1223 viewsCiderwithRsie

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:41 - Dec 7 by Northernr

I need a separate account for each of the voices in my head.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:38 - Dec 7 with 1222 viewsdmm

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:35 - Dec 7 by CiderwithRsie

I need a separate account for each of the voices in my head.

You need to have a word with yourself then
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:46 - Dec 7 with 1209 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:41 - Dec 7 by Northernr

For the record, this is my only active account.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:47 - Dec 7 with 1208 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 14:33 - Dec 7 by Antti_Heinola

Sounding more ridiculous by the second.

I think those who don't see the flaws in the Forever Rs club are also ridiculous but that's what opinions are for.

I'm not going to lose any sleep because we disagree!
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:49 - Dec 7 with 1203 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:51 - Dec 7 by TheChef

When Ernie Howe was introduced people around me laughed and some even went for a walk on the concourse to avoid seeing him inducted.

If it was just me people wouldn't have to keep referring to the fact that 'ItS Not A HaLl Of FaMe' as the kids put it.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:54 - Dec 7 with 1195 viewsMick_S

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:27 - Dec 7 by CiderwithRsie

Aren't all rail announcers on a mix of Disco's drugs? I know I'd have to be to spend my working day reading out lists of stations and telling people the train's late again.

Not all:

I was at Barking Station when the platform announcer gave “ the next train calls at Pitsea, Avely, Tilbury and Shoe - bury - ne e es” in a Songs of Praise styleee. It was very, very funny. Maybe you had to be there...

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:07 - Dec 7 with 1182 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Apologies if mentioned above, but during that game against the Argies in 86, I initially thought it was TF who had scored for England and not Lineker.

Then early in the following season, QPR printed a great picture from behind the Argies’ goal, which showed TF about to get his noggin on the ball, but Lineker nipped in before him; denying TF a goal that would have been reminiscent of his equaliser at Wembley in 82.

Anyway, reading some of the comments on here and frankly I’m left baffled by the complete nonsense typed by some. TF was a bloody good player for us and would waltz straight into the team today if he we could turn his body clock back.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:13 - Dec 7 with 1172 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:07 - Dec 7 by PlanetHonneywood

Apologies if mentioned above, but during that game against the Argies in 86, I initially thought it was TF who had scored for England and not Lineker.

Then early in the following season, QPR printed a great picture from behind the Argies’ goal, which showed TF about to get his noggin on the ball, but Lineker nipped in before him; denying TF a goal that would have been reminiscent of his equaliser at Wembley in 82.

Anyway, reading some of the comments on here and frankly I’m left baffled by the complete nonsense typed by some. TF was a bloody good player for us and would waltz straight into the team today if he we could turn his body clock back.

You're left baffled by no-one questioning how good Fenwick was?

Read the thread back through....

The only debating points made were:

1) Should we pretend to forget the abuse Fenwick received whenever he returned including some which was horrendous.

2) Whether or not the Forever Rs treats past players too equally.

Anything else you think you read to leave you baffled is completely your own fault for not reading the thread properly.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:39 - Dec 7 with 1147 viewsPunteR

Say its really so..!! Spirit of Gregory is back!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:59 - Dec 7 with 1125 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:13 - Dec 7 by Shadow

1) Should we pretend to forget the abuse Fenwick received whenever he returned including some which was horrendous.

Anything else you think you read to leave you baffled is completely your own fault for not reading the thread properly.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 17:03 - Dec 7 with 1124 viewsLythamR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:13 - Dec 7 by Shadow

I think of Forever R's like a campaign medal, its a basic level of recognition and thanks and a way of connecting back to our past

The supporters themselves recognise the difference in contributions of various players, we feel it in our hearts. I dont need a player to receive a particular medal or specific accolade to know what their importance was. And i am sure the players know themselves that they are not all equal in our eyes.

its just nice to share a moment together with someone you have shared history with even if they are not an absolute legend.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 17:05 - Dec 7 with 1112 viewsDevon_4_England

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 17:03 - Dec 7 by LythamR

I think of Forever R's like a campaign medal, its a basic level of recognition and thanks and a way of connecting back to our past

The supporters themselves recognise the difference in contributions of various players, we feel it in our hearts. I dont need a player to receive a particular medal or specific accolade to know what their importance was. And i am sure the players know themselves that they are not all equal in our eyes.

its just nice to share a moment together with someone you have shared history with even if they are not an absolute legend.

Terry Fenwick was the first footballer I was gutted about leaving QPR aged 10. I was lucky to start watching Rangers in the mid 80’s and Fenwick was such a class player and in my top 5 QPR players alongside Bannister, Byrne, Les and Super Ray.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 17:10 - Dec 7 with 1092 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 17:03 - Dec 7 by LythamR

That's probably the best defense I have ever read about the Forever Rs club.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 20:54 - Dec 7 with 984 viewsCiderwithRsie

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 17:10 - Dec 7 by Shadow

That's probably the best defense I have ever read about the Forever Rs club.

I can only assume that you've never bothered finding out anything about it, then.

It's Facebook page describes the Forever Rs Club as :
The Forever R's Club - QPR's ex-players association - celebrates and embraces former Rangers players by engaging with them on a regular basis.

It's like an Old Comrades Association or the British Legion, or a School Reunion - the whole bloody point is that if you're an ex-R you qualify and there's no rank or distinction.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 23:54 - Dec 7 with 910 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 20:54 - Dec 7 by CiderwithRsie

I can only assume that you've never bothered finding out anything about it, then.

It's Facebook page describes the Forever Rs Club as :
The Forever R's Club - QPR's ex-players association - celebrates and embraces former Rangers players by engaging with them on a regular basis.

It's like an Old Comrades Association or the British Legion, or a School Reunion - the whole bloody point is that if you're an ex-R you qualify and there's no rank or distinction.

Although I'm not on Facebook I did read what the club said. I still didn't agree with the notion presented by the club and still think it is flawed. I have a right to not like it too.

Do you know what, sometimes people will express different opinions and you just have to accept that.

The only thing we are guaranteed to have in common is that we declare ourselves to be QPR fans.

I may have some opinions you agree with:

The '76 team is the greatest side never to win the title

Warburton has us playing some of the best football we've seen at Loftus Road for a long while

Clive Wilson should have had an England call up

I also have opinions which you may disagree with:

I think Charlie Austin is an unlikeable idiot

I think the real QPR died in 2008 and although this is a fair forgery it is still a tribute act

The club has become a 'woke' embarrassment

You see, that's what life is about, forming your own opinions and message boards are platforms to discuss such thoughts so people can express their views not always from a position of trying to change others' views but just to get something of your chest or have 'your say'.

This is my only active account, Norf can confirm that, but I have had aborted attempts to join the forum before. I gave up every time because of the rudeness of posters who disagreed with my views and, on one previous attempt, constant accusations that I wasn't a QPR fan because I occasionally went against the accepted gospels and mantras on here.

I have no interest in joining the clique here. I don't agree with all the opinions which have been accepted as gospel truth or the various mantras, I don't think Norf's articles are that good and find his style boring and very unfunny, I don't think Saxbend's songs are funny but I don't think I should pretend to either on any of those.

The only thing we are guaranteed to have in common is that we declare ourselves QPR fans.

That's the end of the rant.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 00:34 - Dec 8 with 888 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 16:07 - Dec 7 by PlanetHonneywood

I was just about to post the exact same thing PlanetHonneywood he would have scored for sure that day.
Of course there is no way he should have been on the field after that tackle on Maradona it was pretty brutal and today would be multiple games sitting at home.
Fenwick is a QPR legend deserves all the good wishes he gets an incredible player IMO
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 01:20 - Dec 8 with 870 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Great to see Terry Fenwick back at Loftus Road.
He looks well for a 62 year old.

Whilst playing for us, Terry was versatile, talented, a leader, hard as nails and a winner.

One of my favourites.

As a 16 year old I was gutted when he left us but now as a much older (and hopefully wiser) person understand why a lot of our star players left us for bigger clubs.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 05:15 - Dec 8 with 831 viewsBrisbaneR

Also a favourite of mine while I was growing up and watching that early 80's side - always pretended to be either Fenwick or Waddock...clearly a utilitarian youngster not swayed by the romance of Byrne or Stainrod...

And I hope I'm looking as good as he does at 62; looks as fit as a fiddle.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 07:49 - Dec 8 with 782 viewsPunteR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 23:54 - Dec 7 by Shadow

Although I'm not on Facebook I did read what the club said. I still didn't agree with the notion presented by the club and still think it is flawed. I have a right to not like it too.

Do you know what, sometimes people will express different opinions and you just have to accept that.

The only thing we are guaranteed to have in common is that we declare ourselves to be QPR fans.

I may have some opinions you agree with:

The '76 team is the greatest side never to win the title

Warburton has us playing some of the best football we've seen at Loftus Road for a long while

Clive Wilson should have had an England call up

I also have opinions which you may disagree with:

I think Charlie Austin is an unlikeable idiot

I think the real QPR died in 2008 and although this is a fair forgery it is still a tribute act

The club has become a 'woke' embarrassment

You see, that's what life is about, forming your own opinions and message boards are platforms to discuss such thoughts so people can express their views not always from a position of trying to change others' views but just to get something of your chest or have 'your say'.

This is my only active account, Norf can confirm that, but I have had aborted attempts to join the forum before. I gave up every time because of the rudeness of posters who disagreed with my views and, on one previous attempt, constant accusations that I wasn't a QPR fan because I occasionally went against the accepted gospels and mantras on here.

I have no interest in joining the clique here. I don't agree with all the opinions which have been accepted as gospel truth or the various mantras, I don't think Norf's articles are that good and find his style boring and very unfunny, I don't think Saxbend's songs are funny but I don't think I should pretend to either on any of those.

The only thing we are guaranteed to have in common is that we declare ourselves QPR fans.

That's the end of the rant.

I think the woke thing is not just a QPR thing but just a modern society thing in general. A sign of the times sort of thing. I think a lot of things QPR do is to please the fans because the club has been poorly run for years, way before 2008. They not going to please everyone I guess but you can't blame them for trying.
The Forever Rs is an excellent way to link players of old to QPR of today IMHO. Terry Fenwick was my favourite player as a kid( started supporting QPR in about 83/84) so great to see him back in Shepherds Bush.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024