Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth odds 11:12 - Dec 20 with 9125 viewsRed_Ranger

Anyone in the know whether it will be postponed?
I reckon it will go ahead, only because I'm desperate to go - having sunk a few pints of Guinness in the PV!!

Bournemouth odds on 16:30 - Dec 22 with 2676 viewsdmm

Bournemouth odds on 16:16 - Dec 22 by CorbyQPR

Infections are irrelevant as its becoming increasingly clear that they are de-coupled from hospitalisations now.

As much as I wish you were right, I don't think you are. And neither does the NHS who are currently planning for an Omicron driven surge.
Bournemouth odds on 17:02 - Dec 22 with 2572 viewsCorbyQPR

Bournemouth odds on 16:30 - Dec 22 by dmm

As much as I wish you were right, I don't think you are. And neither does the NHS who are currently planning for an Omicron driven surge.

Doesn't the evidence from SA clearly demonstrate the Omicron is not leading to hospitalisations at anywhere close to the rate of Delta? The rate of case growth is slowing massively anyway without any restrictions so I really don't think there is a case at the moment.

You also have to be careful when looking at admissions to split admitted with (or caught whilst in hospital) & admitted because of Omicron. The recent community prevalence clearly means numbers admitted with will obviously increase.

There are c6,500 in hospital at the moment (with, not because of), the peak was nearly 35k, & patients on ventilators are decreasing (760, peak was 6,300).

We are a long way from needing to pull the rip cord......
Bournemouth odds on 17:32 - Dec 22 with 2472 viewsCliff

Bournemouth odds on 16:16 - Dec 22 by CorbyQPR

Infections are irrelevant as its becoming increasingly clear that they are de-coupled from hospitalisations now.

Not necessarily so I'm afraid.

Not sure if this link will work but if it doesn't search "Covid UK" in Google :

https://www.google.com/search?q=uk+covid&oq=uk+covid&aqs=chrome..69i57j6

If you look at the graph after the ads you can using your mouse see the figures for each day, and you can also select a number of statistics to view including new cases and hospitalisations.

If you hover over the nrecent new cases there are peaks in new cases on approximately 20th July, 7th September and 23rd October, switching to hospitalisations there are peaks on (approx.) 3rd August, 17th September and the 5th November. This suggest a lag time of 14, 10 and 13 days respectively between peaks in cases and hospitalisations for an average of 11 / 12 days.

The hospitalisations reported are therefore like to correspond cases from around 10th December when the new cases reported was 58,000 (48,500 7-day average). Today's (22nd Dec) new cases is reported as 106,000.

Cases only started taking off on the 15 / 16th for which we will have to wait until the 27/ 28th before we expect to see any hospitalisations that might arise, and it'll be around 3rd of January before today's new case figures start to impact. This is all coupled with the fact that this is going to be over the holiday period when delays in reporting (the same as weekends) are likely.
Bournemouth odds on 17:42 - Dec 22 with 2438 viewskensalriser

How do any of who aren’t qualified and experienced hospital doctors really have any idea of the differentiation between with and from COVID at the point of hospital admission? There’s a reason why the stats are expressed as with covid (same as death certificates), it’s because it’s a singular indisputable fact, whereas trying to figure out and rank a number of co-morbidities and what might be exacerbating or triggering what would be difficult and maybe not especially helpful.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bournemouth odds on 06:54 - Dec 23 with 2108 viewstraininvain

Bournemouth odds on 17:02 - Dec 22 by CorbyQPR

Doesn't the evidence from SA clearly demonstrate the Omicron is not leading to hospitalisations at anywhere close to the rate of Delta? The rate of case growth is slowing massively anyway without any restrictions so I really don't think there is a case at the moment.

You also have to be careful when looking at admissions to split admitted with (or caught whilst in hospital) & admitted because of Omicron. The recent community prevalence clearly means numbers admitted with will obviously increase.

There are c6,500 in hospital at the moment (with, not because of), the peak was nearly 35k, & patients on ventilators are decreasing (760, peak was 6,300).

More evidence that omicron is milder: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/22/risk-of-hospital-stay-40-lower-wit

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59765030

Hopefully we can ride this wave without any further restrictions and ultimately, it has to be good news that the virus is mutating into a more mild illness.
Bournemouth odds on 08:05 - Dec 23 with 2012 viewsCorbyQPR

Bournemouth odds on 17:42 - Dec 22 by kensalriser

How do any of who aren’t qualified and experienced hospital doctors really have any idea of the differentiation between with and from COVID at the point of hospital admission? There’s a reason why the stats are expressed as with covid (same as death certificates), it’s because it’s a singular indisputable fact, whereas trying to figure out and rank a number of co-morbidities and what might be exacerbating or triggering what would be difficult and maybe not especially helpful.

Bournemouth odds on 09:40 - Dec 23 with 1868 viewsfrancisbowles

Not sure which way this is going but comparing us with SA is a bit misleading.

Much younger population, those that are vaccinated have been more recently, and more resistant from recent infections.
Bournemouth odds on 11:33 - Dec 23 with 1733 viewsDrewRss

Bournemouth odds on 10:14 - Dec 22 by connell10

I wonder if many fans will go ?

I am expecting a close to full house, given we haven't played in a while and not knowing what is going to happen with future games. a win would be massive for us
Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth odds on 11:37 - Dec 23 with 1727 viewsNorthernr

Bournemouth odds on 11:33 - Dec 23 by DrewRss

I am expecting a close to full house, given we haven't played in a while and not knowing what is going to happen with future games. a win would be massive for us

I hope you're right but I'd be amazed. Spurs had a lot of empty seats for Liverpool on Sunday.
Bournemouth odds on 12:02 - Dec 23 with 1676 viewsCliff

Bournemouth odds on 09:40 - Dec 23 by francisbowles

Not sure which way this is going but comparing us with SA is a bit misleading.

Much younger population, those that are vaccinated have been more recently, and more resistant from recent infections.

It all speculation atm. with extrapolating from early overseas data all of which still contains terms like "data suggests" and "may be milder".

Data from infection within our own population about hospitalisations will start to appear soon, unfortunately complicated by reporting issues over Christmas. This is when we will start to see the true effect on us and our health system.

Also bear in two points:

1. In the Guardian article someone posted earlier as proof of Omicron being milder the headline was "Risk of hospital stay 40% lower with Omicron than Delta, UK data suggests", first note the "suggests" then note 40% lower - i.e. 60% will still need hospitalisations, so if Omicron is even only twice as infectious (data I keep seeing says 3+ times) ther will still be more hospitalisations (2 x 60% = 120%).

2. Hospital staff are getting the virus at an increased rate as well, so even if hospitalisations remain stable, there might not be enough staff to look after them. This is what protecting the NHS means
Bournemouth odds on 12:41 - Dec 23 with 1621 viewsslmrstid

Bournemouth odds on 11:37 - Dec 23 by Northernr

I hope you're right but I'd be amazed. Spurs had a lot of empty seats for Liverpool on Sunday.

I think this is more accurate. Numbers at my running club have dropped through the floor in the last couple of weeks (not helped by the weather mind...)

We have 190+ members - last night our club attendance was 12 or so. Can totally understand people not wanting to even be anywhere near indoor areas/crowds etc currently.
Bournemouth odds on 12:50 - Dec 23 with 1589 viewsbollockchops

leeds v liverpool plus watford v wolves off
Bournemouth odds on 13:21 - Dec 23 with 1517 viewsCorbyQPR

Bournemouth odds on 12:41 - Dec 23 by slmrstid

I think this is more accurate. Numbers at my running club have dropped through the floor in the last couple of weeks (not helped by the weather mind...)

We have 190+ members - last night our club attendance was 12 or so. Can totally understand people not wanting to even be anywhere near indoor areas/crowds etc currently.

Personally, I think that's less people scared of the virus, more people not wanting to get it before Christmas. I reckon it'll change after.
Bournemouth odds on 17:47 - Dec 23 with 1326 viewstraininvain

More good news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769969

Starting to think we might be allowed to Monday’s game assuming it doesn’t get postponed due to Covid.
Bournemouth odds on 20:08 - Dec 23 with 1174 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Bournemouth odds on 17:47 - Dec 23 by traininvain

More good news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59769969

Starting to think we might be allowed to Monday’s game assuming it doesn’t get postponed due to Covid.

I'm still expecting the worst but the closer it gets the more hopeful I become.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Bournemouth odds on 20:28 - Dec 23 with 1134 viewsderbyhoop

The rate of case growth is slowing .... ?
Is that why UK figures are at new record level on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Omicron may not be as debilitating but it is already obvious that it is more transmissible. Massive number of cases will lead to more hospitalisations at a time where the NHS is under pressure and absenteeism is on the rise.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024