Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? 08:16 - Jan 26 with 3118 viewsnumptydumpty

Case could be made for all three perhaps this season they not quite up to the hype..

Austin was certainly a better player and in better physical shape last season.

Dykes been injured but struggling with form. Needs a goal. Shame yesterday could not put away golden chance he had.

Gray I feel currently is our most clinical and natural finisher of the three but can be invisible at times.

Saying all that I do like all three but certainly none of them quite doing the best they can be currently.

I hope we could get in another, although doubt we will.

Maybe Sinclair Armstrong could get a cameo.

What's the verdict from others about our up front options ???
Particularly if we pushing for promotion..
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 8:17]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 11:41 - Jan 26 with 831 viewsCiderwithRsie

Decent thread this, I especially like Nix's analysis.

Of course the whole squad has been out together on a relative shoestring and I think that's most apparent with the strikers, where the Warburton Revolution started without us owning a single striker of our own. They've all got limitations but most of us understand why and are willing to cut them a bit of slack.

I do think that if a miracle handed us £20m to spend on players a really good striker would put us into the automatic promotion places.
Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 12:34 - Jan 26 with 717 viewswombat

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 11:41 - Jan 26 by CiderwithRsie

Decent thread this, I especially like Nix's analysis.

Of course the whole squad has been out together on a relative shoestring and I think that's most apparent with the strikers, where the Warburton Revolution started without us owning a single striker of our own. They've all got limitations but most of us understand why and are willing to cut them a bit of slack.

I do think that if a miracle handed us £20m to spend on players a really good striker would put us into the automatic promotion places.

have to agree the rotation policy with the strikers has badly affected us . charlie always need a steady run of games when coming back from injury , dykes as others have said has no idea whos playing alongside him week in week out , id still bring somebody else in if possible a cheeky loan would help us get back on track

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 14:03 - Jan 26 with 629 viewsR_from_afar

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 10:17 - Jan 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Thought we lost momentum and midfield after Amos was taken off and went two up top.

We only got it back with the introduction of Bad-Rash Thomas.

Brian, you are the only person on this thread who has mentioned Thomas. He has played well in the last couple of games, perhaps in Thomas we already have that extra something we need in the striking department (crosses fingers)....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 15:09 - Jan 26 with 563 viewskensalriser

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 10:44 - Jan 26 by ngbqpr

Agreed. Too many crosses and set pieces straight into the keeper's hands. I love both Stef and Albert, but both were guilty of this last night.

This drives me nuts. I think I still have PTSD from the game at Craven Cottage in 1999 when Steiner was sent off. The only thing I otherwise remember from that game football wise was their keeper claiming everything with predictable, monotonous frequency. Maik Taylor apparently - I always thought it was Van Der Sar but he didn't go to Fulham until 2001. Obviously we made Taylor look like Van Der Sar.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 17:12 - Jan 26 with 470 viewsManinBlack

Our Strikers - Decent or do we need another ??? on 11:08 - Jan 26 by Antti_Heinola

I think we started the season with attacking abandon, but slowly that's been eroded, and our defence has got much stouter, but our attack a little blunter.

Think there are loads of reasons for this, but the one I feel for is Dykes. Once he scored v Reading last season he was off on a tear for the rest of the season, scoring or assisting in most games, and started this season similarly. Then he got injured, then back, then injured, then on international duty, then injured, then Covid delays. More than anyone else in the side barring Odubajo, he hasn't been able to play consistently in the team all season and get some rhythm. I think there's some hope now that might begin, but he needs that goal or two to just get him on his way, then I think you can rotate Gray/Austin around him and hopefully have Illy and Willy buzzing around him and we can start to look a little more potent again.

I thought we were ok last night, not bad at all, but I have a really uneasy feeling that our scraping of wins could easily turn the other way, but that's just my negative head on. One thing against this is the absolute belief the players seem to have - great interview on TV with Stef and Barbet after the game - realistic, determined, overall confident. ButI'd quite like us to have a couple of really convincing wins at some stage. I don't think we've had one since the Luton game.

I agree with a lot of what you said and do share the nagging doubt that we can just as easily start a losing run by the odd goal as it is the home scoring that is not promotion stuff.

You mentioned Luton as that was the last time we managed more than one goal at home. I seem to recall that Luton missed a lot of chances with poor finishing but they seem to be sorting out that issue. They won their last two home games scoring five in the process against Bournemouth and Bristol City, two sides we lost at home too.

I think we have only scored three in the last six home games and one of those was in extra time in the Cup. I think we have a double issue in that the strikers are not scoring enough and we are not now creating enough and not having that many chances to score.

If we were to go up the current trio would barely score in the Premier league as Mitrovic demonstrates every time with a hatful in the Championship and about five in the Premier league.

It is our away form keeping the momentum going but as I said in another thread, I have this concern that our old away blues will return just when five of the last seven are away. By then we may have lost some ener3as we have a lot of old boys in the team so it is a big ask to hope they will still be flying after 40 games.

Personally I think the championship would benefit by being the same size as the Premier league to reduce the strain on all clubs. Especially the team that wins the play offs as they don't get much time for a break before facing Premier league quality chasing shadows and getting more worn out not having the ball. We looked jaded against Swansea as if the Coventry onslaught in the second half Saturday wore us out running around from not having the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024