Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread 18:44 - Feb 8 with 34256 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Sticking my neck out here to start the game thread. If this all goes terrible wrong I'll retreat back into my shell.

This one is getting extra hype, and rightfully so. Should be a good litmus test.

1-0 Rangers. Field 71'.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:44 - Feb 9 with 1593 viewstraininvain

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:42 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't see that as a lucky goal.

Poor positioning as a team.
We'd moved out too early.
Dunne was left with the classic defender's choice - clear or back and block. I think he may have called that one slightly wrong? We'll only know later when we watch it all back again.

My initial reaction was that Dunne needs to be putting his boot through the ball and I’ve not changed my mind after seeing replays.

1-1 probably a fair score line going into half time.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:44 - Feb 9 with 1590 viewsdistortR

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:42 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Dunne was left with the classic defender's choice - clear or back and block. I think he may have called that one slightly wrong? We'll only know later when we watch it all back again.

you're a hard man to please, Brian!
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 1589 viewsMatch82

Dunne seemed a little hesitant but we've said a bunch of times this year that we need to be quicker at getting our and closing down and weve done that today including there. Just a couple of lucky richochets for them with where the ball bounced
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 1574 viewsMick_S

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:44 - Feb 9 by distortR

He’s on the wine.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:45 - Feb 9 with 1570 viewsQPRSteve

I hope we get a bit more from the ref next half. Six fouls by us to only one by them in the first half. I thought he let them get away with a few.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:46 - Feb 9 with 1544 viewsjoolsyp

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:34 - Feb 9 by VancouverHoop

Unlucky yeah, but we had chances to clear it.

Exactly this - poor defending, we should have cleared that. Frustrating as if it had stayed 1-0 I think we could have gone on to win it comfortably second half.

As it is we don't look at our best, particularly in midfield as Field and JoJo look off the pace. We need to quicken up our decision-making and passing ... JoJo usually comes on strong second half so that should help.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 1379 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:44 - Feb 9 by distortR

I'd really have to look at it again, lads.

I'm not sure that clearing it without fouling it was safe.

What now......Poor Joe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 1377 viewsRs_Holy

Lumleeeeeey is a Ranger
Login to get fewer ads

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 1376 viewsEmpireStateRanger

What did I miss!?
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 1371 viewsMalintabuk

Joe the gift that keeps on giving
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 1365 viewsVancouverHoop

Lumley to Willock 2-1!!!!!!!!
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:50 - Feb 9 with 1352 viewsHantsR

That's not like Joe Lumley, is it?
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1309 viewsMedwayR

I much prefer Lumley when he’s doing that in someone else’s shirt 😂

Poll: Who’s better?

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1303 viewsToast_R

Missed that, what happened???
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1296 viewsGreenbay

Lumley - nice guy - but that's why we sold him.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1274 viewsQPRSteve

You have to feel a bit sorry for him.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1270 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Wow!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:51 - Feb 9 with 1265 viewsstrikerace

Nice assist by Lumley
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:52 - Feb 9 with 1253 viewsJigsore

secret agent Lumley

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:52 - Feb 9 with 1211 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Boro keeps coming. I'd feel better with one more.
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:52 - Feb 9 with 1208 viewsVancouverHoop

Barbet. Defensive monolith!
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:52 - Feb 9 with 1194 viewsMalintabuk

That was lovely football by Borough.... great block
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:53 - Feb 9 with 1190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great spin and through-ball by Howson gets Whatmore in, and a superb block by Barbet.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:53 - Feb 9 with 1162 viewsRs_Holy

Have to say Boro do look a very good side
Must Win Match of the Season Part 29 - Boro Game Thread on 20:53 - Feb 9 with 1150 viewsitsbiga

Krakatoa!
If those brummies equalize we go 2nd!
Can’t see it tho, they are awful today.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024