Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barbet’s corner 18:02 - Feb 20 with 2518 viewsdixiedean

Along with the weak refereeing and another below par performance from us , the most annoying thing was Barbet’s corner after Ingram’s injury. They had a young debutant keeper who had stood on the touch line for over 15 mins waiting to come on . He’d have been as nervous as a kitten . Ideal opportunity to put him under pressure with a corner under his crossbar , so we deliver a feeble effort which reaches the first man 2 foot off the ground- easy clearance and a chance for the keeper to get acclimatised. Barbet obviously didn’t do it deliberately but that was a crucial moment , and we lacked quality delivery. What is so difficult about kicking a ball from the corner flag into the area , in the air ? Does my head in !
Barbet’s corner on 18:03 - Feb 20 with 2503 viewsStreathamRanger

Not been the same since he's lost the hat
Barbet’s corner on 18:04 - Feb 20 with 2486 viewsQPR_John

In the many years I have supported this club rarely have we had the ability to deliver a decent corner kick. Barbet is no different from a string of others.
Barbet’s corner on 18:16 - Feb 20 with 2418 viewsdavman

Barbet’s corner on 18:04 - Feb 20 by QPR_John

In the many years I have supported this club rarely have we had the ability to deliver a decent corner kick. Barbet is no different from a string of others.

It wasn't just this corner though, was it? I love Yoann, but he must be f good in training or have some dirt 9n senior members in the team to get the nod at free kicks and corners as the evidence on the pitch is shockingly bad.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barbet’s corner on 18:29 - Feb 20 with 2388 views222gers

CORNER ! The crowd would roar when the ball went behind off a defender. Now there is little expectancy. One day that one where Chair puts a corner right outside the box for Barbet to volley will come off and the crowd will be ecstatic. It's almost come off once or twice in the past.
Barbet’s corner on 18:48 - Feb 20 with 2340 viewsDieByYourSide

Just knew after the 10/15min wait for it to be taken that it was hitting the first man

Poll: And it's hi ho

Barbet’s corner on 20:37 - Feb 20 with 2162 viewsdavman

Barbet’s corner on 18:48 - Feb 20 by DieByYourSide

Just knew after the 10/15min wait for it to be taken that it was hitting the first man

You were not alone there, matey...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Barbet’s corner on 20:41 - Feb 20 with 2129 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I think sometimes professional players overcook the technique, trying to whip the ball in at a certain trajectory with pace. In this instance the aim simply should have been to get it into the mixer and put pressure on a nervous young keeper.
Barbet’s corner on 21:01 - Feb 20 with 2084 viewsdachiltern

As a team we are poor delivering corners and retaining the ball from a throw-in.
Login to get fewer ads

Barbet’s corner on 21:19 - Feb 20 with 2032 viewsDavieQPR

The worst thing is we have three CBs, Field, Austin and Dykes all capable of winning headers who just don't.
Barbet’s corner on 11:50 - Feb 21 with 1814 viewssilverbirch

Barbet’s corner on 18:04 - Feb 20 by QPR_John

Oh, for the days of Steve Wicks scoring from every corner we took
Barbet’s corner on 12:44 - Feb 21 with 1699 viewsBoston

When I read the OP’s title I thought it was another suggestion for renaming part of the ground.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barbet’s corner on 12:53 - Feb 21 with 1679 viewsLazyFan

Dunne scored from a corner against Reading.
But agree our corners are poor.

We should just aim for Dunne and see what happens is my view, stop this larking about.

zzzzzzzzzz

Barbet’s corner on 15:19 - Feb 21 with 1584 viewsPinnerPaul

It was identical to the one he took v Boro in about the 90th minute.

Given we had only been in their half about 4 times in the previous 45', that one was just as annoying!
Barbet’s corner on 15:24 - Feb 21 with 1576 viewsHooping_Mad

Didn't Ilias score direct from one?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024