Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee today 15:26 - Feb 26 with 4422 viewsextratimeR

I know Clive will nail this properly, but just gob smacked at what went on this afternoon.

Our keeper removed by a raised boot following through.

Travis still on pitch, ( despite a late dangerous challenge on Dickie), after he took out Field? in First half.

Johnson, just given carte blanche, ( tricky spelling to kick and foul as and when.

As mentioned above , the serious injury was timed at six minutes by Sky so extra time must be er extra?

That's it with me and Sky commentary, ( I'm usually Andy Sinton), but Jobi Mcanuff, " that's a Second challenge by Field" really!!! Travis, Johnson, the head case at Centre Half?

Apologies nothing rational this afternoon.

Oh and no way was that a foul by MacCallum.

In the minority here but was actually ok with performance against a team who got every decision today.

Always a good idea to boot the oppo keeper off the pitch.

Referee today on 15:31 - Feb 26 with 3365 viewsTonto

i had to watch on my mobile (my 2 year old monopolised the telly) but it didnt look like a foul to me for the free kick that lead to the goal and I agree that challenge on Dickie looked orangey/red to me.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Referee today on 15:49 - Feb 26 with 3263 viewsnix

Yes good point re Seny, who's been on cracking form and probably would have saved the goal. Plus it meant we didn't have an additional sub for the second half to bring on fresh legs.

The difference in what constituted a booking was baffling. But as always they can continue to inconsistently apply the rules with impunity.
Referee today on 15:51 - Feb 26 with 3258 viewsAntti_Heinola

The player was only down for 5 (i went back and checked) but agree with the rest. Besides, take that stoppage out, and he's added 1 minute.
I have never in my life since they started showing additional time seen a match at this level play less than 3 mins at the end of 90, except perhaps when it's about 6-0 and the ref's added 2 to be merciful. Officiating only marginally better than our god awful performance.

Bare bones.

Referee today on 17:23 - Feb 26 with 3016 viewsthemodfather

ref let a lot go , gallagher was strong/late 3 times did for dieng and that did for us. but we rarely got near their goal.
Referee today on 18:36 - Feb 26 with 2862 viewsNorthernr

Incompetent.
Referee today on 11:33 - Feb 27 with 2370 viewsgolborne

Referee today on 18:36 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Incompetent.

A tough one, but essentially Gallagher is out of control for the follow through on Seny. Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a straight red. Not sure if anybody saw the Stoke game. Jeez, there’s incompetence for you. The pinnacle being the same challenge either way, one got a straight red and the other a throw in
Referee today on 12:00 - Feb 27 with 2316 viewsstowmarketrange

Referee today on 11:33 - Feb 27 by golborne

A tough one, but essentially Gallagher is out of control for the follow through on Seny. Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a straight red. Not sure if anybody saw the Stoke game. Jeez, there’s incompetence for you. The pinnacle being the same challenge either way, one got a straight red and the other a throw in

That was against Bournemouth though,who are allowed to get away with almost everything.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2022 12:13]
Referee today on 12:09 - Feb 27 with 2293 viewsSK_hoops

Referee today on 11:33 - Feb 27 by golborne

Or that handball that wasn't given at Everton v Man City. Although that wasn't really the referee as he wasn't even asked to look at the VAR. Though a good ref would have just given that as a pen straight away.
Login to get fewer ads

Referee today on 12:25 - Feb 27 with 2255 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Referee today on 12:09 - Feb 27 by SK_hoops

Or that handball that wasn't given at Everton v Man City. Although that wasn't really the referee as he wasn't even asked to look at the VAR. Though a good ref would have just given that as a pen straight away.

No doubt about the handball but according to US tv coverage the striker (Richarson ) was offside before he broke clear and forced that excellent save from Ederson so it was a non issue . Phat frank saif his 3 year old daughter could see that handball and he was correct but the play was over once he was offside.
Usual B.S though ,put the flag up save all that confrontation its pretty simple to me
Referee today on 12:32 - Feb 27 with 2243 viewsQPRSteve

We should also have been given a penalty for a push on Gray (I think) as he burst through close to goal.
Referee today on 13:00 - Feb 27 with 2190 viewsextratimeR

Yes, watched the Bournemouth game, nice and easy every decision, if I was Stoke Manager I would be well pissed off.

Bournemouth squad must now be bigger than Man City's
Referee today on 14:02 - Feb 27 with 2115 viewsstowmarketrange

Referee today on 13:00 - Feb 27 by extratimeR

Yes, watched the Bournemouth game, nice and easy every decision, if I was Stoke Manager I would be well pissed off.

Bournemouth squad must now be bigger than Man City's

They do have half of the championship refs on their side.Does that count?
Referee today on 17:08 - Feb 27 with 1904 viewsSK_hoops

Referee today on 12:25 - Feb 27 by CLAREMAN1995

No doubt about the handball but according to US tv coverage the striker (Richarson ) was offside before he broke clear and forced that excellent save from Ederson so it was a non issue . Phat frank saif his 3 year old daughter could see that handball and he was correct but the play was over once he was offside.
Usual B.S though ,put the flag up save all that confrontation its pretty simple to me

I read somewhere that they didn't give that offside though.
Referee today on 09:10 - Feb 28 with 1682 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee today on 17:08 - Feb 27 by SK_hoops

I read somewhere that they didn't give that offside though.

No I don't think he did.

Those expecting VAR or VAR 'Lite' to 'correct' everything are going to be sadly disappointed when/if we ever get to play with it!
Referee today on 09:26 - Feb 28 with 1658 viewsTheChef

Referee today on 09:10 - Feb 28 by PinnerPaul

No I don't think he did.

Those expecting VAR or VAR 'Lite' to 'correct' everything are going to be sadly disappointed when/if we ever get to play with it!

Inevitably it seems to be if you expect inconsistencies in ref decisions then you can expect inconsistencies in VAR decisions!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Referee today on 09:30 - Feb 28 with 1652 viewsdaveB

I thought Field was lucky to stay on, that foul right on half time was a booking although he also should have booked several other players in the first half. Standard Championship referee performance though, wild guesses for most decisions
Referee today on 09:32 - Feb 28 with 1646 viewsTheChef

Referee today on 09:30 - Feb 28 by daveB

I thought Field was lucky to stay on, that foul right on half time was a booking although he also should have booked several other players in the first half. Standard Championship referee performance though, wild guesses for most decisions

I thought the Field yellow card was a bit harsh, especially given what came after.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Referee today on 09:53 - Feb 28 with 1597 viewskernowhoop

Referee today on 12:25 - Feb 27 by CLAREMAN1995

We all see these things differently, but when I saw the still shot of that incident, he looked onside to me. If he was, then the handball was an issue.
Referee today on 09:57 - Feb 28 with 1590 viewsdaveB

Referee today on 09:32 - Feb 28 by TheChef

I thought the Field yellow card was a bit harsh, especially given what came after.

It was but after he'd booked him he should have booked him again for that one, maybe he realised he got the first one wrong who knows
Referee today on 10:02 - Feb 28 with 1556 viewsfrancisbowles

Referee today on 09:53 - Feb 28 by kernowhoop

We all see these things differently, but when I saw the still shot of that incident, he looked onside to me. If he was, then the handball was an issue.

it's not handball. It's hit him on the top of the arm, on the tee-shirt line, which means it is not handball under the latest law.
Referee today on 12:48 - Feb 28 with 1373 viewsAntti_Heinola

Referee today on 09:57 - Feb 28 by daveB

It was but after he'd booked him he should have booked him again for that one, maybe he realised he got the first one wrong who knows

yeah, if you actually watch the first foul, Dolan does that trick of putting his leg in front of Field to deliberately tangle them up and get a free kick. It was a foul, albeit a clever one, but a booking was the wrong decision. If it's marginal, I don't have a huge problem in a ref being lenient on another booking, and the second Field one was again debatable. But as Clive has said in his report, if the Field one is a yellow, how is Johnson's ugly hack at Willock not a yellow? If it's the position in the pitch, why is Chair booked for a minor shirt tug in almost the same spot? Most importantly of all, it was not in a million years a free kick for the goal.

Bare bones.

Referee today on 12:58 - Feb 28 with 1329 viewsdaveB

Referee today on 12:48 - Feb 28 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, if you actually watch the first foul, Dolan does that trick of putting his leg in front of Field to deliberately tangle them up and get a free kick. It was a foul, albeit a clever one, but a booking was the wrong decision. If it's marginal, I don't have a huge problem in a ref being lenient on another booking, and the second Field one was again debatable. But as Clive has said in his report, if the Field one is a yellow, how is Johnson's ugly hack at Willock not a yellow? If it's the position in the pitch, why is Chair booked for a minor shirt tug in almost the same spot? Most importantly of all, it was not in a million years a free kick for the goal.

agree with all that, as soon as he booked Field for that one I was expecting about 6 bookings per side but he was very random in what he let go and what he booked people for.
Referee today on 13:32 - Feb 28 with 1269 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee today on 09:26 - Feb 28 by TheChef

Inevitably it seems to be if you expect inconsistencies in ref decisions then you can expect inconsistencies in VAR decisions!

Yep as 'VAR' is just the same people!
Referee today on 13:35 - Feb 28 with 1252 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee today on 10:02 - Feb 28 by francisbowles

it's not handball. It's hit him on the top of the arm, on the tee-shirt line, which means it is not handball under the latest law.

It didn't, it hit him on the bicep.

This red and green arm thing is a bit of a joke IMHO, it certainly hit him. mainly on the lower part of the arm - its handball all day long - even the PGMOL admitted it......eventually!

Its farcical, just stick with the on field decision, at least he can only get it wrong once!
Referee today on 13:36 - Feb 28 with 1242 viewsnix

Referee today on 12:58 - Feb 28 by daveB

agree with all that, as soon as he booked Field for that one I was expecting about 6 bookings per side but he was very random in what he let go and what he booked people for.

That's the problem. The very least they should be is consistent. At least in the same frigging match. I understand that people make mistakes but this is not about a marginal split second decision, officials have time to consider whether or not to book someone. If he books someone early on he should book players for offences of equal magnitude throughout the match, otherwise he's disproportionately affecting one team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024