Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keiren Westwood 20:02 - Mar 17 with 10509 viewsaston_hoop

Seems Keiren Westwood is the lucky keeper getting a game on Sunday

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-to-bring-in-veteran-keeper-westw

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Keiren Westwood on 19:31 - Mar 18 with 2163 viewsterryb

Good luck Keiren.

It's over ten years ago that I wanted Rangers to sign you, immediately after seeing you play for Carlisle against Leeds in a Division One play off. My hiopes were very high in the summer of 2012, but we somehow made the decision to sign Rob Green instead!
Keiren Westwood on 19:51 - Mar 18 with 2059 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Keiren Westwood on 19:20 - Mar 18 by WestonsuperR

Surely Murphy Mahoney has got to be a better option, fully fit, on the bench and around the squad than a Westwood who doesn’t know the team and hasn’t played for some time. Strange decision.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I think that's where the experience comes in. He should be able to fit in quickly or at least assert himself and direct his defence. We've got one fit goalkeeper who's never played and Barnes who may not even be eligible. We had to sign someone.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 19:57]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Keiren Westwood on 20:48 - Mar 18 with 1918 viewsbosh67

I think it is a big chance for Westwood. If he plays well and we make the play-offs then his time here may be covered in glory.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Keiren Westwood on 20:53 - Mar 18 with 1908 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/features/keiren-westwood-gallery-180322/

Blimey there's a lot of pictures of him picking the ball out the back of the net!!!

... Only joking!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Keiren Westwood on 21:29 - Mar 18 with 1795 viewsbrad

glad to have him
Keiren Westwood on 22:44 - Mar 18 with 1686 viewsswisscottage

We could get Peter Hucker back in... He wouldn't even have to move .. just stand there and block the whole goal.
Keiren Westwood on 23:07 - Mar 18 with 1640 viewsDannyPaddox

Keiren Westwood on 10:51 - Mar 18 by bosh67

Playing for Clitheroe at the moment. Hasn't featured this year.

Do Clitheroe die-hards stand on the terraces on a match day and shout earnestly in stout northern voices, ”Come on the Clits!” ?
Keiren Westwood on 00:21 - Mar 19 with 1547 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Keiren Westwood on 19:20 - Mar 18 by WestonsuperR

Surely Murphy Mahoney has got to be a better option, fully fit, on the bench and around the squad than a Westwood who doesn’t know the team and hasn’t played for some time. Strange decision.

This man Westwood has been a good keeper for a long time and has played International as well.He mentioned he knows a few of the squad plus his job is to stop the ball and take charge of the box which I believe he is good at.
I feel 1000 times more confident about Sunday seeing him here
Login to get fewer ads

Keiren Westwood on 01:34 - Mar 19 with 1504 viewsnumptydumpty

Was musing

"Will we fall foul of financial fair play rules, if our new sixth goalkeeper on the books, takes us over the maximum expenditure for the season !!!!"

Only at QPR !!!!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 1:35]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Keiren Westwood on 09:08 - Mar 19 with 1330 viewsstowmarketrange

Keiren Westwood on 23:07 - Mar 18 by DannyPaddox

Do Clitheroe die-hards stand on the terraces on a match day and shout earnestly in stout northern voices, ”Come on the Clits!” ?

There is a company website called billysballbags.com that have some rather interesting gifts for Mother’s Day on sale.Only for those over 18 and who like a laugh.
My mum died 18 years,but I somehow doubt that she would’ve enjoyed getting a present from them.
Keiren Westwood on 09:35 - Mar 19 with 1300 viewsstevec

Keiren Westwood on 19:31 - Mar 18 by terryb

Good luck Keiren.

It's over ten years ago that I wanted Rangers to sign you, immediately after seeing you play for Carlisle against Leeds in a Division One play off. My hiopes were very high in the summer of 2012, but we somehow made the decision to sign Rob Green instead!

Agree, wish we had got Westwood years ago. Probably one of the best keepers in the EFL over the last 15 years.
Keiren Westwood on 09:09 - Mar 20 with 935 viewseastside_r

Yeah good luck today mate. QPR goalkeeper fast becoming the poisoned chalice of football.

Could have posted this on the 'Doing things differently' thread but I wonder how much the absence of Seny has changed the way we play. Having a goalie who is comfortable on the ball is vital to MW's philosophy of playing out from the back.

Marshall was OK. I only saw Archer play twice but he obviously couldn't with any confidence. I think not having Seny behind the defence affected the way that they played especially Dickie's drop in form.

If KW cannot do that sweeper role (I've no idea about him!) then perhaps we do need to change up the style, if only temporarily. What are we on now Plan F?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024