Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keiren Westwood 20:02 - Mar 17 with 10508 viewsaston_hoop

Seems Keiren Westwood is the lucky keeper getting a game on Sunday

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-to-bring-in-veteran-keeper-westw

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Keiren Westwood on 12:51 - Mar 18 with 2602 viewsconnell10

We could always get a shop dummy tie it on rope in the middle of the goal and swing it back and forth, at intervals through the game!! Better than Westwood surely?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Keiren Westwood on 13:02 - Mar 18 with 2525 viewskarl

Keiren Westwood on 10:50 - Mar 18 by DannytheR

Was Archer originally meant to be out for the rest of the season when he banjaxed himself saving that penalty? Is he locked in a cupboard with the mythical Dillon Barnes?

I know we're QPR, but FIVE unavailable senior goalkeepers on the payroll, four crocked at once and one seemingly a figment of Les' imagination is some going even for us.

I know I’ve said it before but thought Barnes was ok for Hibs in his 4 (?) games.
Not great but definitely ok, suppose we’re at the stage of is Westwood ready to go straight away and to a higher standard than Barnes?
Are we allowed an emergency loan and he’s on the bench or is this a definite starting player due to the circumstances?
I know we’re not really caring whether Barnes makes it or not since he’s 4/5th choice but it must be a crap situation to be in for him as well
Keiren Westwood on 14:19 - Mar 18 with 2349 viewsDannytheR

Keiren Westwood on 13:02 - Mar 18 by karl

I know I’ve said it before but thought Barnes was ok for Hibs in his 4 (?) games.
Not great but definitely ok, suppose we’re at the stage of is Westwood ready to go straight away and to a higher standard than Barnes?
Are we allowed an emergency loan and he’s on the bench or is this a definite starting player due to the circumstances?
I know we’re not really caring whether Barnes makes it or not since he’s 4/5th choice but it must be a crap situation to be in for him as well

Agree Karl. Like I say, the whole thing is a baffler. A crazy run of bad luck for us (if I was Westwood I'd be VERY careful crossing the road betwen now and the end of the season). But also some really weird decision-making going on behind the scenes, and I say that as someone who's pretty much a happy clapper when it comes to Les.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 14:19]
Keiren Westwood on 14:23 - Mar 18 with 2329 viewsNorthernr

I've said from the start that Barnes signing doesn't pass my smell test, and if he can't even play this weekend then seriously what on earth is the point of him?
Keiren Westwood on 14:24 - Mar 18 with 2327 viewsOldPedro

Looks like Barnes has played for 2 clubs in the National League this season, Yeovil and Aldershot. Not sure if that means he can't play for us at 1st team level this season??

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Keiren Westwood on 14:27 - Mar 18 with 2301 viewsNorthernr

Keiren Westwood on 14:24 - Mar 18 by OldPedro

Looks like Barnes has played for 2 clubs in the National League this season, Yeovil and Aldershot. Not sure if that means he can't play for us at 1st team level this season??

I thiiiiiiink that's only Football League, but don't quote me.
Keiren Westwood on 14:30 - Mar 18 with 2279 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Also there was the Matt Ingram thing and the Birmingham keeper dislocating his shoulder in the wind. There’s some kind of hoodoo going on!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Keiren Westwood on 14:32 - Mar 18 with 2259 viewsdaveB

Keiren Westwood on 14:23 - Mar 18 by Northernr

I've said from the start that Barnes signing doesn't pass my smell test, and if he can't even play this weekend then seriously what on earth is the point of him?

won't he need to be registered in the 25 man squad to be able to play, I'm guessing he can't be
Login to get fewer ads

Keiren Westwood on 14:37 - Mar 18 with 2238 viewsOldPedro

Keiren Westwood on 14:27 - Mar 18 by Northernr

I thiiiiiiink that's only Football League, but don't quote me.

Tried looking on the EFL website, and says "In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs............Clubs are advised that domestically the above applies to all registrations except Non-League, Short Term and Youth Loans,................. More detailed guidance is published on the Club Portal on a season by season basis — please refer to the Player Administration Section of the service"

So if the National League is counted as non-league, Barnes would be able to play. But it doesn't make it clear whether it is or not.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Keiren Westwood on 14:47 - Mar 18 with 2209 viewsDannytheR

Keiren Westwood on 14:37 - Mar 18 by OldPedro

Tried looking on the EFL website, and says "In accordance with FIFA Regulations a Player may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in official matches for two clubs............Clubs are advised that domestically the above applies to all registrations except Non-League, Short Term and Youth Loans,................. More detailed guidance is published on the Club Portal on a season by season basis — please refer to the Player Administration Section of the service"

So if the National League is counted as non-league, Barnes would be able to play. But it doesn't make it clear whether it is or not.

The sheer confusion probably makes as good an explanation for Barnes' absence as anything.

Given our previous with the FA, you'd imagine people at the club are on particularly strict instructions from Hoos not to risk anything that might lead to Ruben getting a fine or us 6 points chalked off at the end of the season...
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 14:48]
Keiren Westwood on 15:56 - Mar 18 with 2043 viewsdmm

We've four first team keepers injured at the same time, including one who was brought in as cover. That's got to be some sort of record.
Keiren Westwood on 16:00 - Mar 18 with 2032 viewsbullythebear

How about Gavin Ward. He's ours, his kicking looks ok in the warm ups and he's only 52. John Burridge was older and still playing...I think.
Keiren Westwood on 16:35 - Mar 18 with 1894 viewsted_hendrix

I believe that the old Barnstoneworth United's goalkeeper Hagerty R is still alive and kicking at the tender age of 92, his brother Hagerty R unfortunately passed away over 30 Years ago.
Anyway getting back to Hagerty R I understand that he's still playing in goal in the Yorkshire Premier League for Denley Moor Academicals and has kept himself fit apart from occasional spells of fainting.

He has his own boots too.

What have we got to lose? got to be better than some bloke called Keiren

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Keiren Westwood on 17:09 - Mar 18 with 1773 viewsNorthernr

Keiren Westwood on 14:32 - Mar 18 by daveB

won't he need to be registered in the 25 man squad to be able to play, I'm guessing he can't be

But a new one can be?

Minefield.
Keiren Westwood on 17:12 - Mar 18 with 1752 viewskensalriser

Break it to me gently: are we definitely doomed?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Keiren Westwood on 17:25 - Mar 18 with 1693 viewsflynnbo

I even asked Peter Hucker last night if he could bring his gloves.
Keiren Westwood on 17:26 - Mar 18 with 1691 viewsdaveB

Keiren Westwood on 17:09 - Mar 18 by Northernr

But a new one can be?

Minefield.

good point, pass then. No clue how it all works. I was going off football manager squad rules for when I forgot to add Archer to the squad and Deing got injured so had to sign a free transfer, thats probably more a bug in the game thinking about it than real life

Has Barnes ever been on the bench before?
Keiren Westwood on 17:30 - Mar 18 with 1681 viewsNorthernr

Keiren Westwood on 17:26 - Mar 18 by daveB

good point, pass then. No clue how it all works. I was going off football manager squad rules for when I forgot to add Archer to the squad and Deing got injured so had to sign a free transfer, thats probably more a bug in the game thinking about it than real life

Has Barnes ever been on the bench before?

Ok I'm actually going to start ringing round and asking before I write this preview...
Keiren Westwood on 17:31 - Mar 18 with 1678 viewsNorthernr

Keiren Westwood on 16:00 - Mar 18 by bullythebear

How about Gavin Ward. He's ours, his kicking looks ok in the warm ups and he's only 52. John Burridge was older and still playing...I think.

Some of his finishing and ball strike in the warm ups puts our actual forwards to shame.
Keiren Westwood on 17:58 - Mar 18 with 1598 viewsRBlock

OFFISH https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/keiren-westwood-joins-qpr-180322/
Keiren Westwood on 18:19 - Mar 18 with 1507 viewsLanhoop

Keiren Westwood on 17:31 - Mar 18 by Northernr

Some of his finishing and ball strike in the warm ups puts our actual forwards to shame.

If you sit behind the goal in the warm up Gavin Ward strikes fear into you whenever he hits the ball. Plenty of power but generally wide of the goal, failing to help the keeper and more often than not breaking the seats in LL. The other chap who works with him is a lot better at working the keeper.
Keiren Westwood on 18:24 - Mar 18 with 1484 viewsdmm

Keiren Westwood on 17:09 - Mar 18 by Northernr

But a new one can be?

Minefield.

"Westwood is able to join outside of a transfer window as he is a free agent and QPR have one available space in their 25-man squad." https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/keiren-westwood-joins-qpr-180322/
Keiren Westwood on 18:25 - Mar 18 with 1479 viewsstowmarketrange

Keiren Westwood on 18:19 - Mar 18 by Lanhoop

If you sit behind the goal in the warm up Gavin Ward strikes fear into you whenever he hits the ball. Plenty of power but generally wide of the goal, failing to help the keeper and more often than not breaking the seats in LL. The other chap who works with him is a lot better at working the keeper.

We’re lucky in ML as the ball never seems to come our way very often.I’m surprised that more people aren’t hurt during the warm up,as they dont seem to care much about where the shots go.
Keiren Westwood on 19:11 - Mar 18 with 1343 viewsBklynRanger

Welcome Kieran, I thought you were very unlucky in the 2010 Masters.
Keiren Westwood on 19:20 - Mar 18 with 1293 viewsWestonsuperR

Surely Murphy Mahoney has got to be a better option, fully fit, on the bench and around the squad than a Westwood who doesn’t know the team and hasn’t played for some time. Strange decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024