Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New approach on Sunday? 10:04 - Mar 18 with 3503 viewswortonranger

I wonder whether we will get the ball forward more quickly... more long balls, 2 strikers, to cover the goalie issue ( less use as a ball recycler) and loss of Willock.
Also a role for Ball and Thomas as nuisances.
New approach on Sunday? on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 3439 viewsdaveB

without a target man not sure we can play long balls as no one to hold it up. I think if we play as we did in the first half the other night with the same intensity we'll win the game
New approach on Sunday? on 21:51 - Mar 18 with 3239 viewswombat

New approach on Sunday? on 10:29 - Mar 18 by daveB

without a target man not sure we can play long balls as no one to hold it up. I think if we play as we did in the first half the other night with the same intensity we'll win the game

As long as we are 3 up before Hendricks comes on we might stand a chance on Sunday

Poll: which is your favouite foot

New approach on Sunday? on 08:20 - Mar 19 with 3074 viewsWegerles_Stairs

New approach on Sunday? on 21:51 - Mar 18 by wombat

As long as we are 3 up before Hendricks comes on we might stand a chance on Sunday

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts. If he does, Warburton has definitely lost it though.
New approach on Sunday? on 08:25 - Mar 19 with 3067 viewsHastings_Hoops

Attack is the best form of defence. Need to blitz them.
New approach on Sunday? on 08:36 - Mar 19 with 3048 viewsbosh67

New approach on Sunday? on 08:25 - Mar 19 by Hastings_Hoops

Attack is the best form of defence. Need to blitz them.

Agree on this. Our chances creation figures have gone way down recently. We need to take the game to Posh and bombard them start to finish.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New approach on Sunday? on 08:50 - Mar 19 with 3027 viewsdavman

New approach on Sunday? on 08:20 - Mar 19 by Wegerles_Stairs

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts. If he does, Warburton has definitely lost it though.

Neither would I. Seems like he has to play.

I liked Dozzel and Amos first half Wednesday, but they ran out of steam in the second half

Midfield of Field, Johansen and Amos with Chair and Gray up front.

Their (winning) tactics have been the same as most. Choke the Midfield and force the back three to launch long. As we simply have no striker capable of holding the ball up, it comes straight back. Not sure we have the personnel to do much better, so unless we can break their press (which Hendrick has proved to be particularly useless at), it may be more of the same.

We are going to go through the season without beating the division's whipping boys, aren't we? Surely not...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New approach on Sunday? on 08:56 - Mar 19 with 3018 viewsPunteR

The odds of Posh beating us again are getting slimmer and slimmer every time they beat us. ;)
I'd stick Dom Ball in there Sunday. Can't do any worse then Hendricks.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New approach on Sunday? on 09:46 - Mar 19 with 2956 viewsthemodfather

before the barnsley game we were flying , in form, scoring moving the ball quickly and since then we looked lack lustre, slow, struggling to get forward and score and losing form .
Login to get fewer ads

New approach on Sunday? on 10:30 - Mar 19 with 2870 viewsbosh67

New approach on Sunday? on 08:56 - Mar 19 by PunteR

The odds of Posh beating us again are getting slimmer and slimmer every time they beat us. ;)
I'd stick Dom Ball in there Sunday. Can't do any worse then Hendricks.

I think Ball is a better player for 'this team' than Hendrick. Nothing against Hendrick. I think he is a good player but not quite suited to what we do. Ball is no nonsense. He just gets a job done when it's needed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New approach on Sunday? on 12:53 - Mar 19 with 2707 viewsNed_Kennedys

Surely Adomah has to play.
New approach on Sunday? on 13:36 - Mar 19 with 2646 viewsdaveB

Assuming Willock is out wonder if he'll go 2 up front as he did when Chair was away although our 2 defeats against Posh we played 2 up in both games. Getting that balance right in midfield and attack is the key for us, we haven't managed to get it right too often for a while now,.
New approach on Sunday? on 15:59 - Mar 19 with 2523 viewssoops

Man, it really should be a mouth watering prospect when you’re 7th playing the bottom team, but it feels like I’m in the desert eating cream crackers.
New approach on Sunday? on 17:02 - Mar 19 with 2416 viewsLanhoop

I know I'm a neanderthal but I'd go 4-4-2

Westwood
Moses - Sanderson - Jimmy - McCallum
Albert - Sam - Stef - Thomas
Chair - Gray

More pace all over and particularly some pace down the wings with lots of overlaps from the full backs, Sam protecting the defence, Stef as the quarterback. with Chair and Gray running through the lines.

No chance of it happening.
New approach on Sunday? on 17:08 - Mar 19 with 2373 viewsLowerloftLad

l can see him starting with Field,Hendricks and Johansen again.🙈
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 17:11]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

New approach on Sunday? on 19:15 - Mar 19 with 2226 viewsdavman

New approach on Sunday? on 17:08 - Mar 19 by LowerloftLad

l can see him starting with Field,Hendricks and Johansen again.🙈
[Post edited 19 Mar 2022 17:11]

The atmos pre-game would be interesting if he did that. Hendrick simply cannot start; he has been too laboured, too passive and not good enough. Field Amos and Dozell with Jojo to come on later. I wouldn't even have him on the bench; would prefer George Thomas myself especially as we're likely be chasing the game by the time we get to the 65 minute mark...

Can we go out yet?

New approach on Sunday? on 19:18 - Mar 19 with 2222 viewsdavman

New approach on Sunday? on 13:36 - Mar 19 by daveB

Assuming Willock is out wonder if he'll go 2 up front as he did when Chair was away although our 2 defeats against Posh we played 2 up in both games. Getting that balance right in midfield and attack is the key for us, we haven't managed to get it right too often for a while now,.

I think he will play a form of 2 up top, but with Chair as the second "striker".

They will plant 10 behind the ball and catch us on the break. This is not a game to start passively hoping to tire them out. Go 2 up in half an hour and it'd be game over.

We won't though. Looking forward to the side to side shite from our back 3 tmrw... NOT.

Can we go out yet?

New approach on Sunday? on 19:26 - Mar 19 with 2208 viewsRuislipHoop

Definitely not,it is not in MW,s dna to play on the front foot.First half will be 2 x defensive Mids sitting in front of the back 4,praying they don’t have to cross the halfway line.98% possession in our own half.
Second half,all change,it will be like the Alamo.
New approach on Sunday? on 19:30 - Mar 19 with 2197 viewsjoe90

We’re not going to see a different approach tomorrow and the only way we’ll win is if Peterborough have a really off day. Considering they’ve already beaten us twice this season I think they’ll be feeling fairly confident.
New approach on Sunday? on 21:10 - Mar 19 with 2112 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

New approach on Sunday? on 19:30 - Mar 19 by joe90

We’re not going to see a different approach tomorrow and the only way we’ll win is if Peterborough have a really off day. Considering they’ve already beaten us twice this season I think they’ll be feeling fairly confident.

I've not got a good feeling about this either but there is a slight difference this time. They have a different manager.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

New approach on Sunday? on 21:27 - Mar 19 with 2090 viewsngbqpr

Have we had a dodgy run? Yes.

Are the play offs still in our hands with 9 games to go? Yes.

Has Warburton improved us season on season? Yes.

Some bizarre negativity on this thread.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

New approach on Sunday? on 00:08 - Mar 20 with 1994 viewsManinBlack

To be fair the negative posts arise when people lose confidence and start losing faith that the team can get out of the rut. This comes about due to reaching the business end of the season and the team has lost form, reverted back to losing away games, struggling to create and score, losing many players through injury and the pack have caught up or overtaken. We have a habit about of losing to the teams who go down so Posh is another of those games where we excel in mucking up. I am still traumatised by Swindon. We have seen how often lower league teams knock us out of cups to know we can make this a very frustrating game.

We have reached the stage where nerves set in. For all the good positives up to the end of January, if we miss out on the play offs, and end up below Millwall, West Brom and Luton for example, it will be a disappointing end and a downbeat feeling over the summer. This would be the opposite to last season where we finished on a high and felt good about this season at the start.
New approach on Sunday? on 07:43 - Mar 20 with 1876 viewsRuislipHoop

New approach on Sunday? on 21:10 - Mar 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

I've not got a good feeling about this either but there is a slight difference this time. They have a different manager.

Reality
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024