Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft 16:06 - Mar 23 with 22492 viewsBakes

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-230322/

£40 a year to access blue and white bar though

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:50 - May 3 with 3494 viewsTopCat34

Got the email, thought it was a bit strange. why are they asking for R Block? Seems proper weird to me - everyone stands anyway, you're not going to get much from introducing some rails
[Post edited 3 May 2022 22:50]
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 23:23 - May 3 with 3397 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:23 - May 3 by Rs_Holy

The R Block has been standing for a few years now… putting in the correct ‘safe’ bits won’t change anything

logically if everyone is standing there anyway seems to best place to put the safe standing area
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 23:54 - May 3 with 3363 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 23:23 - May 3 by daveB

logically if everyone is standing there anyway seems to best place to put the safe standing area

Not everyone in R block stands. Just the back 10 - 15 rows or so and towards the corner.

I honestly don't see what the big rush is with this. It wouldn't make any difference to do it next summer and make sure they get it right. You're never going to get complete consensus with this.

I've always felt that the least disruptive solution would be to convert the back of R block and back of X/Y block. As others have said I'm not sure if it'll make a lot of difference to atmosphere.

If the club want to do something bold then convert the lower loft. If they're still not sure how they should do it then wait til next summer or maybe the world cup winter break.

Edit- winter wouldn't work because of season tickets already paid for.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 0:01]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 02:54 - May 4 with 3287 viewsnadera78

They don't seem to actually have a clear reasoning behind the idea of installing safe standing, so it follows that when it comes to deciding where to do it they won't really be making good decisions. As with the stadium situation generally, ie its increasingly decrepit appearance, it's all a bit of a mess.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 07:44 - May 4 with 3184 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:53 - Mar 24 by robith

I'm gonna presume the membership fee is for non ST holders until clarified, cos if it isn't that is absolutely bananas

Wouldn’t make sense for someone to buy a membership if they’re not attending regularly. Can only see more congestion in public areas (assuming fan numbers don’t drop off). Seems another thing poorly handled.

A typical case of all Q and no PR!
[Post edited 4 May 2022 8:01]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 12:24 - May 5 with 2829 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Confirmation to the meeting should be received by all who replied now. link sent approx 7.30pm
[Post edited 5 May 2022 13:16]
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:40 - May 5 with 2549 viewsdaveB

judging by a few tweets from people who were on the call we will have rail seating in the R block next season and the right side of the lower loft. Also prices are going up
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:53 - May 5 with 2530 viewswombat

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:40 - May 5 by daveB

judging by a few tweets from people who were on the call we will have rail seating in the R block next season and the right side of the lower loft. Also prices are going up

You mean left side at looking onto the pitch ? From the lower loft prongs; plan was for the middle toward South Africa road to be rail seating and thought that idea wa binned off due to fans preference of it joint to the R block

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:56 - May 5 with 2520 viewsLeedsR

To clarify, the way I understood it, it’s not the whole of R block. It’s the top two-thirds from row J upwards from seats 1 to around 18. Basically the top corner of R Block closest to the Loft End, the vast majority of whom stand at matches anyway. Also the Lower Loft side closest to Ellerslie.
[Post edited 5 May 2022 21:58]
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:33 - May 5 with 2433 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:53 - May 5 by wombat

You mean left side at looking onto the pitch ? From the lower loft prongs; plan was for the middle toward South Africa road to be rail seating and thought that idea wa binned off due to fans preference of it joint to the R block

yeah so basically opposite of what they said they were gonna do which seemed the obvious answer from the start
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:44 - May 5 with 2398 viewsE17hoop

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:56 - May 5 by LeedsR

To clarify, the way I understood it, it’s not the whole of R block. It’s the top two-thirds from row J upwards from seats 1 to around 18. Basically the top corner of R Block closest to the Loft End, the vast majority of whom stand at matches anyway. Also the Lower Loft side closest to Ellerslie.

That's what I understood it to be too. There was a clear indication they would look at 'organic' growth of the standing area. There were a couple of complaints from people who wouldn't stand but they would be unaffected by the first tranche of seating.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:49 - May 5 with 2387 viewsRangersw12

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:40 - May 5 by daveB

They would be mad to put the prices up
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 23:16 - May 5 with 2351 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:44 - May 5 by E17hoop

That's what I understood it to be too. There was a clear indication they would look at 'organic' growth of the standing area. There were a couple of complaints from people who wouldn't stand but they would be unaffected by the first tranche of seating.

Sounds like a decent plan. More of a ticking time bomb than a grenade.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 23:38 - May 5 with 2299 viewsLythamR

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:49 - May 5 by Rangersw12

They would be mad to put the prices up

Indeed they would be mad, so we have better crack open the piggy banks
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 00:16 - May 6 with 2246 viewsHunterhoop

What happens to those of us in Pu? Is P block now not becoming a family stand and PL will have rail seating?!

I like my spot at the back of Pu. But I don’t want to be in the family area as I know I’ll fail to control my swearing.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 07:47 - May 6 with 2096 viewsNorthernr

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 00:16 - May 6 by Hunterhoop

What happens to those of us in Pu? Is P block now not becoming a family stand and PL will have rail seating?!

I like my spot at the back of Pu. But I don’t want to be in the family area as I know I’ll fail to control my swearing.

The kids need to learn mate.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 08:41 - May 6 with 2052 viewsTK1

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:56 - May 5 by LeedsR

This is how I understood it too, though the plan became more opaque the longer the call went on as those unaffected by the change kept worrying loudly how they'd be affected by the change (they won't be) and then it became a slightly more existential complaint from some about real fans/not real fans, and "could I try it first, what if I don't like it?" (even though it's not in their row)...by the time we got to next steps I was unsure what the next steps are.
Have no strong opinions about Lee Hoos but his customer-facing patience is world-class. I had my head in my hands throughout. The geezer smoking in his kids' bunk bed who didn't mute his zoom so that every time he coughed, scratched his arse etc his face appeared looming as the lead: legend.
Basically: R Block section towards Loft end, upwards from J, seats 1 to 20 will be rails. It's everyone who stands anyway. Next season, the council will apparently lean heavily on the club to ensure that areas not covered by rail seats must remain seated. That area of R will not sit so makes total sense. It also means that there will be no charge for the Blue & White bar. If it works, it'll spread "organically".
On one hand, it's very encouraging they've clearly listened to fans to make this about-turn. On the other, it's alarming that they understood so little about the ground, the fans to have not come up with this originally.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:34 - May 6 with 1999 viewstoboboly

Did they mention the blue and white and the £40 surcharge?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:36 - May 6 with 1998 viewsNorthernr

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:34 - May 6 by toboboly

Did they mention the blue and white and the £40 surcharge?

Binned apparently. Got a recording of the meet so will have a listen over lunch.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:39 - May 6 with 1993 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 00:16 - May 6 by Hunterhoop

I would hope/imagine that daft idea is being scrapped
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:42 - May 6 with 1981 viewstoboboly

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:36 - May 6 by Northernr

Binned apparently. Got a recording of the meet so will have a listen over lunch.

Good news, crazy idea from the start.

It's like a kid shouting things and they don't have a filter with ideas from those in charge.

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 13:43 - May 6 with 1773 viewslondonscottish

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:53 - May 5 by wombat

That's more like it. Makes way more sense. All they need to do now is to add a beer holder to my new rail and the job's jobbed

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:32 - May 6 with 1699 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 08:41 - May 6 by TK1

This is how I understood it too, though the plan became more opaque the longer the call went on as those unaffected by the change kept worrying loudly how they'd be affected by the change (they won't be) and then it became a slightly more existential complaint from some about real fans/not real fans, and "could I try it first, what if I don't like it?" (even though it's not in their row)...by the time we got to next steps I was unsure what the next steps are.
Have no strong opinions about Lee Hoos but his customer-facing patience is world-class. I had my head in my hands throughout. The geezer smoking in his kids' bunk bed who didn't mute his zoom so that every time he coughed, scratched his arse etc his face appeared looming as the lead: legend.
Basically: R Block section towards Loft end, upwards from J, seats 1 to 20 will be rails. It's everyone who stands anyway. Next season, the council will apparently lean heavily on the club to ensure that areas not covered by rail seats must remain seated. That area of R will not sit so makes total sense. It also means that there will be no charge for the Blue & White bar. If it works, it'll spread "organically".
On one hand, it's very encouraging they've clearly listened to fans to make this about-turn. On the other, it's alarming that they understood so little about the ground, the fans to have not come up with this originally.

Hoos didn't quite understand the ground layout but operations did so that was clarified.
A guy on twitter said to me that he has been speaking with the club for a few weeks about this and wasn't happy he didn't get to announce it himself.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 15:00 - May 6 with 1664 viewstoboboly

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:32 - May 6 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Hoos didn't quite understand the ground layout but operations did so that was clarified.
A guy on twitter said to me that he has been speaking with the club for a few weeks about this and wasn't happy he didn't get to announce it himself.

bit worrying the guy in charge of the stadium doesn't know where bits of it are and no-one thought to mention it to him

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 15:20 - May 13 with 1208 viewsNorthernr

Right, so this feels a lot better to me, but I'm not in the areas talked about...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-to-be-introduced-130522/ https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-to-be-introduced-130522/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024