Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft 16:06 - Mar 23 with 22503 viewsBakes

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-230322/

£40 a year to access blue and white bar though

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:15 - Mar 26 with 3575 viewsfrancisbowles

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:33 - Mar 25 by daveB

reason people have to leave early to queue is because it is so badly organised that unless you leave 10 minutes before half time you won't get a drink and some people like a drink at half time.

Of course I understand that daveB, but is the drink more important than the football?
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:12 - Mar 26 with 3506 viewslondonscottish

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:40 - Mar 23 by Rs_Holy

yep... I dont want to sound ungrateful but the rail seats should be in N & P ... and the unchanged bit should be in H,J,K,L ... but hey its a step in the right direction.

Yeah, I can't get my head around it. I've had season tickets in the past in MU and and now have them in PL. That side of the loft makes more noise because people join in with R block.

Baffling to keep those areas as seating. Also slightly irritating as one of the reasons I went for seat in the lower loft was because of rumours of the rails coming in.

So now I can get a rail seat but on the other side of the ground from all my mates in R Block.

I'm very happy the rail thing's happening but can't understand why it's this way round.

Very odd.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:19 - Mar 26 with 3477 viewslondonscottish

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:16 - Mar 25 by francisbowles

Tin hat on.

I really don't get this obsession with having to leave your seat, try and make your way to the kiosk, to join a queue and wait your turn to get served, drink a beer and then get back to your seat in time for the second half in a total of 15 minutes.

I know it's revenue for the club and people get thirsty but I just couldn't be bothered and I certainly wouldn't want to miss parts of the game or disturb my neighbours, by leaving or returning to my seat whilst play is going on.

That's why I've got an aisle seat opp my mate who has one too. We just take turns to nip out early and get a round in.

Then we have a good 15 minute social downstairs with mates or with with randoms.

All part of the day out.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 13:08 - Mar 26 with 3343 viewsterryb

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:38 - Mar 25 by Lanhoop

The big change is the rail seating and a few thousand fans are being moved around (some willingly and some not) yet over half the posts here are about the B&W.

Maybe the club are actually being smart here and the £40 jape is just to divert attention away from the complete lack of information on how they are going to implement the moves and still keep everyone happy (or reasonably so).

Maybe that is because more posters are affected by the B&W membership than the rail seating.

It may be wrong, but people are mainly concerned with themselves. Personally, I take no pleasure in disregarding the rail seating, but I can't do anything about it. I do feel sorry for those that will be adversely affected & hope that they will be consulted & moved to where they are willing to go. Allowing juniors to have seats in other parts of the ground without being charged as adults is a must.

If we were discussing changing platinum, gold, silver & bronze back to the pre Tango & Cash days, then I would be very interested!
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 16:06 - Apr 7 with 3022 viewsNorthernr

FAQs...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-faqs-070422/
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 16:21 - Apr 7 with 2949 viewsPinnerPaul

Unlike P & O, can't say they are not consulting.

Also, sounds like many of the concerns discussed above are not actually final decisions.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 16:28 - Apr 7 with 2920 viewsdaveB

Still waiting for my email about this, only know they sent one out as a few people i sit with got one.

Emailed them last week to ask where I can send my views to about this and asked why i didn't get an email which should be sent to all st holders in the lower loft, still not had a reply a week on.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 16:32]
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:11 - Apr 7 with 2832 viewsLanhoop

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 16:28 - Apr 7 by daveB

Still waiting for my email about this, only know they sent one out as a few people i sit with got one.

Emailed them last week to ask where I can send my views to about this and asked why i didn't get an email which should be sent to all st holders in the lower loft, still not had a reply a week on.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2022 16:32]

Same story here.

And still no FAQ answer on what happens to those whose seats will become rail seats, who don't want to be sat in rail seats and so are then forced to be moved.
Login to get fewer ads

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:16 - Apr 7 with 2817 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:11 - Apr 7 by Lanhoop

Same story here.

And still no FAQ answer on what happens to those whose seats will become rail seats, who don't want to be sat in rail seats and so are then forced to be moved.

It says that no fan will be forced to move,but I can’t see how that can happen.Somebody won’t be happy to sit in a rail seated area if they can’t see anything happening on the pitch?
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:46 - Apr 7 with 2777 viewsLanhoop

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:16 - Apr 7 by stowmarketrange

It says that no fan will be forced to move,but I can’t see how that can happen.Somebody won’t be happy to sit in a rail seated area if they can’t see anything happening on the pitch?

Exactly! It seems there are some gaps in their thinking that they need to answer pretty soon otherwise this plan will have to be dropped.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 18:16 - Apr 7 with 2739 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:46 - Apr 7 by Lanhoop

Exactly! It seems there are some gaps in their thinking that they need to answer pretty soon otherwise this plan will have to be dropped.

I guess what they're saying is that if someone wants to stay in their seat knowing that next season it will basically be a terrace then they can. If they want to sit down at games then they should move.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:20 - Apr 7 with 2616 views0hwestlondon

I always thought the lower loft was a bad option for a family stand, same as why the paddocks are not suitable too. The weather.

And just move the family stand to the opposite end to pu, think it's ku. And piss off with the 40 quid charge. Having to pay to use facilities is a disgrace. Has Hoos acquired the P&O ferries annual hand book on how to really piss people off.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:35 - Apr 7 with 2545 viewsRangersw12

We could always put the rail seating in the lower school end (make it home only) and then keep the lower loft as the family stand

I know people would be worried about away fans above but they can always put a protective netting like they have done previously
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:53 - Apr 7 with 2513 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:35 - Apr 7 by Rangersw12

We could always put the rail seating in the lower school end (make it home only) and then keep the lower loft as the family stand

I know people would be worried about away fans above but they can always put a protective netting like they have done previously

Unfortunately a cupful of p@ss will find the holes in any protective netting.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 23:12 - Apr 7 with 2483 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I think it probably should be lower loft if we're going to do it. I know I've suggested back of R block and X/Y block before but I think the stadium could do with a shake up. I don't see any harm in leaving it until 2023/24 season though.

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:34 - Apr 8 with 2318 viewsRs_Holy

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:35 - Apr 7 by Rangersw12

I really like that idea... I noticed Sheff Utd have put up netting to prevent stuff being dropped on away fans.

Having home fans stood in the Lower School End really works because it means better support for the team as well as satisfying the fans who want to stand all the time.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:13 - Apr 8 with 2274 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:34 - Apr 8 by Rs_Holy

I really like that idea... I noticed Sheff Utd have put up netting to prevent stuff being dropped on away fans.

Having home fans stood in the Lower School End really works because it means better support for the team as well as satisfying the fans who want to stand all the time.

I like that idea but thats not the aim here. the aim from the group behind this from the start has been to get rid of the family stand and safe standing is a way to do that. Thats not meant as a dig at them as I can see where they are coming from
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:28 - Apr 8 with 2250 viewsTheChef

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:15 - Mar 26 by francisbowles

Of course I understand that daveB, but is the drink more important than the football?

I think for a reasonable percentage it is!

The 90 minutes of football is just an interlude from the pub before and after (and if QPR somehow win too, then happy days).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 12:23 - Apr 8 with 2207 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:28 - Apr 8 by TheChef

I think for a reasonable percentage it is!

The 90 minutes of football is just an interlude from the pub before and after (and if QPR somehow win too, then happy days).

Some of them don’t even bother with the football. Just stay in the bar!

About the School End as safe standing. I thought that they were going to do this but for away fans. Too much revenue loss if they turned it into a home area as well as we hardly ever sell out.

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 13:11 - Apr 8 with 2160 viewsLythamR

not so much an interlude as an excuse there are a group in my row that never arrive in their seats until 5 minutes after kick off are deffo gone before the 40th minute and dont get back for the second half generally until a good 10 minutes after kick off and gone again at 80, regardless of the situation on the pitch, I can only presume that going to the rangers is just an excuse that gets them out drinking on a saturday rather than having to do something less pleasant with the mrs.

I dont begrudge them that, each to their own but i would rather they just stayed in the blue and white rather than inconveniencing everyone else with the charade of pretending to watch a team where they dont even recognise the players.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 18:41 - May 3 with 1822 viewsNorthernr

R Block season ticket holders have just had an email inviting them to an online call with LH this week.

I thought it made more sense over there but I thought part of the idea was to bring life and atmosphere back to the Lower Loft?

Will be interested to hear from anybody on the call.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:05 - May 3 with 1570 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 18:41 - May 3 by Northernr

R Block season ticket holders have just had an email inviting them to an online call with LH this week.

I thought it made more sense over there but I thought part of the idea was to bring life and atmosphere back to the Lower Loft?

They could just move the family stand to some blocks and have other blocks open to any fans, that would probably please everyone as would allow the group that want to go back into the loft the chance to do it without having to move anyone out
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:13 - May 3 with 1535 viewsE17hoop

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 18:41 - May 3 by Northernr

Asked to be on the call - will try and get an audio recording.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:16 - May 3 with 1517 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:13 - May 3 by E17hoop

Asked to be on the call - will try and get an audio recording.

using R block as a trial for safe standing seems the most sensible thing to do but whole process has been an absolute mess so far
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:23 - May 3 with 1400 viewsRs_Holy

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 21:16 - May 3 by daveB

using R block as a trial for safe standing seems the most sensible thing to do but whole process has been an absolute mess so far

The R Block has been standing for a few years now… putting in the correct ‘safe’ bits won’t change anything
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024