Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft 16:06 - Mar 23 with 22500 viewsBakes

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-230322/

£40 a year to access blue and white bar though

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:50 - Mar 24 with 3306 viewsRs_Holy

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:45 - Mar 24 by daveB

I actually think the ridiculous idea of moving the family stand to the P block and moving everyone out of that will see objections and it won't happen.

yep... move the family stand to HL, JL, KL, LL (must have a lot in that area anyway)... put the rail seats in NL and PL (right next to the Q and R Blocks).
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:06 - Mar 24 with 3258 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:50 - Mar 24 by Rs_Holy

yep... move the family stand to HL, JL, KL, LL (must have a lot in that area anyway)... put the rail seats in NL and PL (right next to the Q and R Blocks).

That seems the obvious things to do. You then keep the P, Q and R blocks and are extending that into the lower loft.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:10 - Mar 24 with 3246 viewsHarbour

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:06 - Mar 24 by daveB

That seems the obvious things to do. You then keep the P, Q and R blocks and are extending that into the lower loft.

Occasionally you get sky TV in the blue&white bar with the sound turned down...the lack of sky commentary being the main highlight of drinking in the b&w bar.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:18 - Mar 24 with 3216 viewshamptonhillhoop

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:50 - Mar 24 by Rs_Holy

Those blocks are already the family stand, you have as many families in NL and PL as you do in those blocks. I'm in HL and am delighted to get rail seating. I think it should be the whole end and the family stand should be moved to one of the paddocks, or a block in Ellerslie. Whatever you do you're going to upset people
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:29 - Mar 24 with 3184 viewsdmm

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:53 - Mar 24 by robith

I'm gonna presume the membership fee is for non ST holders until clarified, cos if it isn't that is absolutely bananas

Wasn't it the case years back that season ticket holders were automatically members, or am I dreaming that up?
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:34 - Mar 24 with 3174 viewsToast_R

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:29 - Mar 24 by dmm

Wasn't it the case years back that season ticket holders were automatically members, or am I dreaming that up?

I always thought this. I haven't bothered going in there for years but I always remembered getting asked by security on the entrance for proof of my membership before I could go in and get ripped off.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:40 - Mar 24 with 3156 viewsdaveB

Not anymore, you have to pay an extra 30 quid to be a member these days
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 12:03 - Mar 24 with 3087 viewsMick_S

I think that’s before you became a customer!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 12:10 - Mar 24 with 3059 viewsdmm

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 12:03 - Mar 24 by Mick_S

I think that’s before you became a customer!

Droll as ever, Mick!
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 12:44 - Mar 24 with 2994 viewsLythamR

unless my memory is playing tricks there used to be a members bar in SAR for ST Holders and Members but it became "exclusive" perhaps to Platinum ST holders

Re the B & W. those holding hopes that ST Holders and Members wont have to pay the £40 and the statement was poorly worded are i fear, dreaming.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 13:53 - Mar 24 with 2875 viewsTopCat34

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:45 - Mar 24 by daveB

I actually think the ridiculous idea of moving the family stand to the P block and moving everyone out of that will see objections and it won't happen.

Scrap the whole plan? Lets be honest, wherever they moved the family stand, or added rail seating to, you will get people going "I don't want to sit there, "I've had my seat since 23 AD". I wasnt consulted". They must be prepared for that?

I don't agree where they've put it and I hope they'll move it round to the other side but if they drop the whole plan I think that would be a massive shame. Also I think one of the reasons they done it is the H, K side has a lot more ST holders so you're likely to be moving a more people that go week in week out.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 13:54]
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:16 - Mar 24 with 2829 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 13:53 - Mar 24 by TopCat34

Scrap the whole plan? Lets be honest, wherever they moved the family stand, or added rail seating to, you will get people going "I don't want to sit there, "I've had my seat since 23 AD". I wasnt consulted". They must be prepared for that?

I don't agree where they've put it and I hope they'll move it round to the other side but if they drop the whole plan I think that would be a massive shame. Also I think one of the reasons they done it is the H, K side has a lot more ST holders so you're likely to be moving a more people that go week in week out.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 13:54]

It just seems to me that they are looking for an excuse not to do it and putting the family stand there is going to meet with some objections from people who originally this had nothing to do with
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:28 - Mar 24 with 2799 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It strikes me as somewhat disingenuous of the club to bury bad news within good. I can understand why they would want to initially restrict numbers to the Blue & White bar through membership when rail seating is introduced but there is no justification for charging £40 per head.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:33 - Mar 24 with 2799 viewsRs_Holy

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:16 - Mar 24 by daveB

It just seems to me that they are looking for an excuse not to do it and putting the family stand there is going to meet with some objections from people who originally this had nothing to do with

Yep splitting the family stand and moving some upstairs will really annoy those who have to move to the upper stand. Those 2 rows of seats (JL, KL) allocated for families at the front of rail seating doesn't make sense either?... Okay so maybe there are way more family season ticket holders than we realize? If 3 blocks of rail seating means families have to move to another part of the ground then reduce the rail seating to one block (PL) for now and lets see how we get on. There's a sizable section of the R Block who stand up anyway.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 17:39 - Mar 24 with 2630 viewsPastCaringNW2

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 12:44 - Mar 24 by LythamR

unless my memory is playing tricks there used to be a members bar in SAR for ST Holders and Members but it became "exclusive" perhaps to Platinum ST holders

Re the B & W. those holding hopes that ST Holders and Members wont have to pay the £40 and the statement was poorly worded are i fear, dreaming.

The bar in SAR road was absolutely available to ST holders. My first STs were in block C in the ill fated 1995-96 season and it was certainly the case back then. Was just about the only ST perk of any note that I can remember (maybe a couple of FA Cup games were thrown in too). Not sure when it ended but it was well before Briatore et al.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 22:25 - Mar 24 with 2469 viewsQPR_Hibs

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:28 - Mar 24 by Benny_the_Ball

It strikes me as somewhat disingenuous of the club to bury bad news within good. I can understand why they would want to initially restrict numbers to the Blue & White bar through membership when rail seating is introduced but there is no justification for charging £40 per head.

I suspect the £40 will get you a QR code on an app that you need to scan to get through a turnstile to get into the Blue and White. Thus ensuring that noone will gain access in time to get a beer before the second half starts.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:16 - Mar 25 with 2307 viewsfrancisbowles

Tin hat on.

I really don't get this obsession with having to leave your seat, try and make your way to the kiosk, to join a queue and wait your turn to get served, drink a beer and then get back to your seat in time for the second half in a total of 15 minutes.

I know it's revenue for the club and people get thirsty but I just couldn't be bothered and I certainly wouldn't want to miss parts of the game or disturb my neighbours, by leaving or returning to my seat whilst play is going on.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:16 - Mar 25 with 2308 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:33 - Mar 24 by Rs_Holy

Yep splitting the family stand and moving some upstairs will really annoy those who have to move to the upper stand. Those 2 rows of seats (JL, KL) allocated for families at the front of rail seating doesn't make sense either?... Okay so maybe there are way more family season ticket holders than we realize? If 3 blocks of rail seating means families have to move to another part of the ground then reduce the rail seating to one block (PL) for now and lets see how we get on. There's a sizable section of the R Block who stand up anyway.

And what happens during the 10 or so home games when it’s raining and the families won’t be able to move seats to avoid a soaking?
The whole idea is poorly thought out,but then it was when it changed to a family stand in the 1st place.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:34 - Mar 25 with 2255 viewsToast_R

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:16 - Mar 25 by francisbowles

Tin hat on.

I really don't get this obsession with having to leave your seat, try and make your way to the kiosk, to join a queue and wait your turn to get served, drink a beer and then get back to your seat in time for the second half in a total of 15 minutes.

I know it's revenue for the club and people get thirsty but I just couldn't be bothered and I certainly wouldn't want to miss parts of the game or disturb my neighbours, by leaving or returning to my seat whilst play is going on.

And the beer is awful and served in plastic. The ball ache of achieving it 100% outweighs the reward.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:43 - Mar 25 with 2217 viewsrobith

Tin hat on.

I literally never drink at the ground, so doesn't effect me at all. But the principle of £40 to do so is an absolute joke
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:44 - Mar 25 with 2215 viewsrobith

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 14:28 - Mar 24 by Benny_the_Ball

If you were looking for a behavioural nudge to limit numbers you could genuinely just make it £1 and it would work.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:45 - Mar 25 with 2214 viewsToast_R

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:43 - Mar 25 by robith

I literally never drink at the ground, so doesn't effect me at all. But the principle of £40 to do so is an absolute joke

You can still buy beer from any kiosk or the chuck wagon in the Lower loft.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:33 - Mar 25 with 2115 viewsdaveB

Tin hat on.

reason people have to leave early to queue is because it is so badly organised that unless you leave 10 minutes before half time you won't get a drink and some people like a drink at half time.
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 10:34 - Mar 25 with 2112 viewsdaveB

Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 09:45 - Mar 25 by Toast_R

You can still buy beer from any kiosk or the chuck wagon in the Lower loft.

they are all out of cans though and cost a fiver, the bar has draft san miguel and guinness which is more appealing to most
Rail seating confirmed for lower loft on 11:38 - Mar 25 with 2022 viewsLanhoop

The big change is the rail seating and a few thousand fans are being moved around (some willingly and some not) yet over half the posts here are about the B&W.

Maybe the club are actually being smart here and the £40 jape is just to divert attention away from the complete lack of information on how they are going to implement the moves and still keep everyone happy (or reasonably so).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024