Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match thread 16:54 - Apr 2 with 4565 viewswortonranger

Outclassed today I’m afraid. Again we seem to run out of steam second half. If we went up imagine the misery of playing teams every week who will be beating Fulham with ease. We need another year. There’s something to build on.
Post match thread on 17:00 - Apr 2 with 3263 viewsWestonsuperR

You have summed that up well, competed first half but poor in the second. I’ve no issues losing to Fulham who are clearly the best team in the league, the damage was done vs P’boro.

It is strange how we are all so keen to get promoted but if we did there is no doubt we would be absolutely battered!
Post match thread on 17:06 - Apr 2 with 3204 viewsted_hendrix

The door that has a sign on it saying "bang average Championship football club" has just opened up and invited us in for a pot of tea and a slice of victoria sponge.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Post match thread on 17:13 - Apr 2 with 3108 viewsjoolsyp

I'm sure Warbs will learn from our capitulation since Jan, seems like an intelligent bloke. We desperately need some pace and quality (and depth) in the squad if we are going to challenge for the play-offs next year (and stay in the top 6 this time). But that won't come cheap.
Post match thread on 17:17 - Apr 2 with 3075 viewsPaddyhoops

Post match thread on 17:13 - Apr 2 by joolsyp

I'm sure Warbs will learn from our capitulation since Jan, seems like an intelligent bloke. We desperately need some pace and quality (and depth) in the squad if we are going to challenge for the play-offs next year (and stay in the top 6 this time). But that won't come cheap.

Outclassed was the word I would have used. Not by helped by Snow white's little helper.
Why no McCallum for Wallace . Was worth a go!!
Post match thread on 17:19 - Apr 2 with 3052 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Today showed that we're going nowhere under the current regime. The laughable myth that we're following the Brentford model. Couldn't even get a shot on target at home in a local derby. Slow and sclerotic; Johannson may as well have had a zimmer frame. Sadly the board are disengaged and appoint former players to positions they're not fit for - seven seasons of mediocrity under Ferdinand now and I'll wager it'll be eight. Oh to have an owner like Brentford have.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 17:21]
Post match thread on 17:25 - Apr 2 with 2975 viewsstainrods_elbow

It summed it up for me when, with 5 minutes to go, 0-2 down in a local derby and attacking the Loft (sorry, 'family stand'), in a rare break Dykes pulls it back to a single, crowded-out Rangers player with five or six black shirts round him. That'a a team that doesn't want to score a goal, lacks the lungs, will or verve to do so, or all three.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 17:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Post match thread on 17:30 - Apr 2 with 2937 viewsHarbour

On my way home thought this was an improvement in performance on Peterborough Cardiff against better opposition. Westwood kept us in it until ref bottled it with dodgy pen decision it hit his shoulder he did not move towards the ball the ref waited until the away end screamed pen. In fairness we created very little second goal killed want momentum we had. They were not that special and could see them not lasting long in the prem. Subs Austin and chair did very little thought amis and Thomas offered more...hey-ho onto sheff utd
Post match thread on 17:48 - Apr 2 with 2759 viewsDamo1962

Post match thread on 17:06 - Apr 2 by ted_hendrix

The door that has a sign on it saying "bang average Championship football club" has just opened up and invited us in for a pot of tea and a slice of victoria sponge.

Indeedy Ted. I'm a bit concerned, we are still a bottom six club in reality. We have definitely flattered to receive this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Post match thread on 17:52 - Apr 2 with 2697 viewsstainrods_elbow

Post match thread on 17:17 - Apr 2 by Paddyhoops

Outclassed was the word I would have used. Not by helped by Snow white's little helper.
Why no McCallum for Wallace . Was worth a go!!

But is it a word that our honest manager will be brave enough to echo?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 17:55]

Post match thread on 17:52 - Apr 2 with 2704 viewsAntti_Heinola

Deservedly and comprehensively Beaten by a far better side who barely got out of second gear. says much about our fall over the last 2 months that i was relieved we weren’t humiliated by 5 or 6. Trouble is, i think the players felt that too.
Will say in the 5 mins before the second i had hopes we might put some pressure on and nick something, but the pen killed us.
As others have said, it won’t be this game that costs us the playoffs. Beat peterborough and cardiff and we’d be well in it.
Some positives, i thought Dickie had his best game in a while, Amos was good, George tried his little heart out, Field worked his nuts off. But with no Willock, there is no threat.
Next season is huge. Much work to do. Likely need 7-8 signings, which means Willock and Dieng have to go. Not a great feeling.

Bare bones.

Post match thread on 17:55 - Apr 2 with 2650 viewsstainrods_elbow

Post match thread on 17:13 - Apr 2 by joolsyp

He's very good at 'recognising' things, I grant you, or emphasising the importance of such ad nauseam, but seemingly less good at getting anything done about them.

Post match thread on 17:58 - Apr 2 with 2617 viewsandrew1302

There really is a need for a good summer of signings. We are just too slow. I think the defence is okay but the midfield is short of a ball player - Johansen looks a spent force and Dozell needs to put in twice as much effort to be other than a League 1 player. Up front i think Dykes is okay but we need someone super fast on the flanks. Samuel gave us that and we need to find 1 or 2 like him. It was noticeable at Luton just how much slower we were than them. Unfortunately at the moment i am looking for 3 worse teams than us for next season rather than 3 better ones. 3 decent signings and we could do okay but without them we will struggle. Truth is Austen looks overweight and past it. Johansen is now a bit off the pace and Adomah is looking his age too. They worked for a while but need replacing/back up. Let us hopr the scouts are doing their work or we may struggle.
Post match thread on 18:02 - Apr 2 with 2560 viewsdenhamhoop2

Thought we worked hard and competed quite well but there was only 1 team ever going to score today. Then throw in a Stylesesque refereeing performance where he waits for Tim Ream and Mitrovic to tell him what handball is in spite of not being able to notice an old school minute long punch up on the left wing shocking performance from Ward
Post match thread on 18:04 - Apr 2 with 2542 viewsqprcanada

I say we need a bit of a reset. The early form from new players was good but there is a reason they were surplus from better teams. I don't mind being in the top 6 to 8 spots but lets play with some energy and desire. Aside from the pot of gold, we have no business thinking about Premier League from where we are. We'd be like Derby in 2007/08.
And when you thought the day couldn't get worse, Brentford humps Chelscum...aaargh!
Post match thread on 18:05 - Apr 2 with 2541 viewsEastR

A performance, particularly the first half, in any of the last 3 or 4 games and we'd be at least 6 points better off than we currently are. Barbet has to stay in, Amos has to start and Thomas did enough in 60 mins to warrant keeping his place. All our best moments came from moving the ball forward quickly instead of just trying to retain it. At 1-0 we were still in that game we just needed a break. Then they got one.
If we fall short (likely) it won't be because of today's result.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Post match thread on 18:08 - Apr 2 with 2499 viewsstainrods_elbow

Game played out pretty much as expected, and as I predicted, with the now familiar sprinkling of refereeing bias against us. But it can't hide that we mainly just had a bit of huff and puff, but were/are nowhere near good enough.

I, too, am worrying about next season, especially if Willock moves on. None of our forwards, for me, are fully fit for purpose, when they're fit at all, that is. In midfield, Jojo has lost his mojo, Field is OK but overrated and seems to have it written into his contract that he get a booking a game, Albert is lovable but now seemingly limited by age and whatever else, as is Wallace, and Dozzell for me has a lot of learning to do. Chair is capable of the odd moment of brilliance, but plays in fits and starts.

At the back, Dickie and Dunne are mostly decent but slow, Barbet is apparently person non grata and on his way back to France, Moses hasn't really delivered all season, and our goalkeepers seem to have run over a plethora of black cats.

I'd say we're at least half a team short of challenging again in the top half right now, and given our horrific decline in the last month or two, I wouldn't necessarily trust Warburton and his coaches to breathe new life into the side without serious funds. Banfield and Eustace have lots of questions to answer about their role in the collapse of our performances in recent weeks, despite the lionisation of the latter by uncritical members of the fanbase.

If it were up to me, for next season, I'd retain (if we can) Seny, Chair, Willock, Barbet, Dunne, Amos and possibly one of Field and/or Thomas , though probably at least one or two of those will be off to 'balance the books' (aka know as taking one step forwards and two back). Dykes can be sold for whatever we get for him, and we reinvest the money in a promising young striker. Charlie needs to be paid off for his own dignity as much as our sanity. Dozzell, Jojo, Ball and Gray can all leave/go back in my book.

As for Warburton (see above), the Board has a decision to make at the end of the season. Currently, I'm undecided. If we sink to mid-table, on balance, however, I feel they may want to call time. That judgment call is a few weeks off yet, but the clock is ticking.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 18:09]

Post match thread on 18:11 - Apr 2 with 2481 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah I think it's now down to how we sell and then buy over the summer. Regardless of what gets said in the ore match interviews that team looks like they've had their good spell this season, which they can be proud of, but are now for some reason trying to hold it together.

Fulham are far better than us and it can't be easy chasing shadows at times when they're moving the ball and themselves around quicker than we are. But there's still something gone wrong in how we attack. Twice in 10 mins we could have given it to Thomas in a more advanced position but turned back into ourselves. Attacking the loft that just shouldn't happen.

Warbs has done enough to deserve the chance to rethink and rejig for next season. Which is where the player's heads and confidence are now anyway I think.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 18:14]
Post match thread on 18:15 - Apr 2 with 2416 viewsstevec

Formulaic football that means we won’t get thrashed by the likes of Fulham but equally, little idea of how to put Peterboro away.

Am worried this season may turn out to be another Stuart Wardley death rattle, irrationally punching above our weight for a season before the plummet towards League One. We do have better players than back then but for how long. And do the players still have faith in this system?
Post match thread on 18:36 - Apr 2 with 2250 viewsStanisgod

Post match thread on 17:19 - Apr 2 by Wegerles_Stairs

Today showed that we're going nowhere under the current regime. The laughable myth that we're following the Brentford model. Couldn't even get a shot on target at home in a local derby. Slow and sclerotic; Johannson may as well have had a zimmer frame. Sadly the board are disengaged and appoint former players to positions they're not fit for - seven seasons of mediocrity under Ferdinand now and I'll wager it'll be eight. Oh to have an owner like Brentford have.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 17:21]

We DID have a shot on target, their goalie spilled it and the defender sheilded the rebound, just saying like 😏

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Post match thread on 18:40 - Apr 2 with 2214 viewsstainrods_elbow

Post match thread on 18:36 - Apr 2 by Stanisgod

We DID have a shot on target, their goalie spilled it and the defender sheilded the rebound, just saying like 😏

Talk about grasping at straws - sheesh!

Post match thread on 18:42 - Apr 2 with 2199 viewsdavman

Ended up as expected today.

They did not need cockwomble Ward's favouritism, but got it anyway.

Just focus on the fact that they signed Wilson this season for more than we spent on our entire squad. We didn't compete, but then the finances highlight just how hard it is to compete.

How does that song? "Another <blank> ref, you're just another <blank> ref. They all are.

Talk of full scale rebuild this summer is nuts. Jojo has not been up to last season's standards and it does look like age is catching up with him now - too many injuries - But he has not been as bad as some make out.

Field excellent. Odubajo may be playing for a new contract now, but he is looking good. Unlike many on here I am a fan of Dozzel - he will develop into a top notch player. Resign Barbet, keep Dunne, bring De Wijs back if he proves his fitness. Sell Dickie if West Ham REALLY think he is a £15m player, bring Masters on back to the Fold. Or, if the club decides that he is STILL not ready, cash in.

Wing backs ARE a problem, but resign Moses, bring Kakay back in and that's two, so two to sign there.

Upfront, I grant you remains a big old worry. I would not be too disappointed if they all went, but keep Dykes and bring in a loan that's bothered, keep Chaz to come off the bench and they might turn it round.

Willock and Chair need to stay; sell Dieng and / or Dickie if we need money.

Maybe Warburton needs to go back to four at the back? I know we have been relatively transformed since we went to a three, but that seems so, so long ago. Maybe having proper wingers high up the pitch would force us to play with a higher line? He won't though....

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Post match thread on 18:45 - Apr 2 with 2162 viewsRangersw12

Fulham are a far better side than usWe huffed and puffed but didn't really look like scoring.

Sanderson was shocking again and the sooner he's fcked off back to Wolves the better

Dykes was also poor and didn't put his body on the line. If anyone comes in for a bid in the summer then I would sell him.

Would like to see Amos and Thomas start again on Wednesday with Gray instead of Dykes
Post match thread on 18:46 - Apr 2 with 2155 viewsloftus77

Post match thread on 18:15 - Apr 2 by stevec

Formulaic football that means we won’t get thrashed by the likes of Fulham but equally, little idea of how to put Peterboro away.

Am worried this season may turn out to be another Stuart Wardley death rattle, irrationally punching above our weight for a season before the plummet towards League One. We do have better players than back then but for how long. And do the players still have faith in this system?

I thought this - but I think the difference (hopefully) is our overall financial situation and stable financial management structure under Lee Hoos.

The club have worked very hard in recent years to pitch the club at a stable Championship level on/off the field. In the summer of 2000, it was anything but....
Post match thread on 18:50 - Apr 2 with 2116 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Post match thread on 18:36 - Apr 2 by Stanisgod

Oh yes, sorry, I forgot. Still pretty embarrassing to fail to test the keeper in the second half. That's why I don't get this Brentford model bullshit; they were always full of energy when they were turning us over the last few seasons. We have got to be one of the slowest teams in the whole league. And if we are following their model, who on that field will fetch any big money? Half of them are only fit for the glue factory.
Post match thread on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 2077 viewsStanisgod

Post match thread on 18:40 - Apr 2 by stainrods_elbow

Talk about grasping at straws - sheesh!

Yes but you were incorrect mate.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024